Official: The Jackson UNITY TOUR

Re: Official: The Jackson Start Their National Reunion Tour in July

We all know LaToya doesn't miss Michael she has tried many times to destroy him. Toy needs to take her sneaky, two-faced self back to "Looking for the REAL killer". Maybe she will find what's left of her scatter brain and dead heart in the process.

I wonder if it is estate approved if they will be using Michael's vocals and use the Jackson's as the back up singers? That would be interesting.

The negativity in this thread is simply disgusting. I was so excited when I heard the brothers are finally doing something new but this thread is such a dampner.

La Toya was simply trying to say something positive about their brothers, that even without Michael and Jermaine, the rest sounded great in the Cardiff concert. But of course, those who want to see her in negative light, will always manage to make a different meaning out of it. There would be the question of how well will they do without Michael, and that is why she put that statement trying to be positive about the tour. No Jackson would ever say that they don't miss Michael. She was simply saying that musically their performance was good enough to stand up by itself even though Michael and Jermaine were not there. There is nothing foolish or bitter about that statement.

And oh yes, that video comparison was just genius. Take an amateur video from a poor angle with low quality and compare it with a HQ. Brilliant. I saw the tribute video, they sounded decent. Of course Michael's energy is huge which they won't match, but no one expects them to. I hope the brothers put on a memorable show and follow it up maybe with some new music.

Btw, I know La Toya is a bit of a nutjob. But she wasn't saying anything disrespectful about MJ there.

She could have used better choice of words than saying no one would miss Michael. If the brothers want to do this then go ahead but I don't believe that people will not think of Michael since he sang lead for most of the songs they did. Whatever she meant to say I think could have been said differently. It will be different than if Michael was with them. That doesn't mean bad but it will be different.

Jackie said something like it will be great and that Michael's spirit will be with them. That's fine. He didn't say that they were going to be so great that you won't even miss Michael. He knows very well people will be thinking of Michael. It's not the first time Latoya has said something stupid or cold and it probably won't be the last time either.

Last edited:

The negativity in this thread is simply disgusting. I was so excited when I heard the brothers are finally doing something new but this thread is such a dampner.

La Toya was simply trying to say something positive about their brothers, that even without Michael and Jermaine, the rest sounded great in the Cardiff concert. But of course, those who want to see her in negative light, will always manage to make a different meaning out of it. There would be the question of how well will they do without Michael, and that is why she put that statement trying to be positive about the tour. No Jackson would ever say that they don't miss Michael. She was simply saying that musically their performance was good enough to stand up by itself even though Michael and Jermaine were not there. There is nothing foolish or bitter about that statement.

And oh yes, that video comparison was just genius. Take an amateur video from a poor angle with low quality and compare it with a HQ. Brilliant. I saw the tribute video, they sounded decent. Of course Michael's energy is huge which they won't match, but no one expects them to. I hope the brothers put on a memorable show and follow it up maybe with some new music.

Btw, I know La Toya is a bit of a nutjob. But she wasn't saying anything disrespectful about MJ there.

I agree with you. LaToya wasn't deliberately trying to be disrespectful to MJ. But rather as you say, she was trying to build up interest in her brothers. But the way she did it unfortunately came off negatively towards MJ. We all know how that can be done. We saw a great example of negative impressions being formed with some very innocent remarks Michael made.

It's just this is LATOYA! That's all. Latoya Jackson. The self appointed spokesman for all things Michael and the Jacksons.

Before MJ died, she was barely heard or seen. But since June 25, she's had more camera face time than Obama. She had very little contact with Michael since the mid 90's, but now she acts as if she was his closest confidant. She talks with the utmost authority on everything, what MJ would like or not like. What REALLY happened on the 25th. What his children feel and don't feel. She even now talks about how an audience felt with or without Michael on stage with his brothers.

She talks talks talks. And she should be the very last person talking on anybody's half, especially Michael's.

LaToya needs to SHUT THE BLEEP UP!

La Toya Jackson ? @latoyajackson
Don't take thing out of context it wasn't meant that way! Sorry if Ugot the wrong impression I was proud I my brothers being able 2 move on!

La Toya Jackson ? @latoyajackson
Everyone knows Michael is the Greatest Entertainer ever!!! There will NEVER EVER EVER be another like him!!! He was truly a gift from God!

Guess she couldn't handle the heat she was getting. The problem with chronic liars like Latoya is that you can never tell when she's covering her but or really being sincere. Her words are about as hollow as her head IMO.

lol Latoya ur words were not taken out of context. U pretty much said that no one missed MJ at a tribute that was dedicated to him! :blink: :rollin:Women sit down before u hurt urself.

Anywho...I'm happy for maybe Tito. The only one who was trying his own thing atleast. Even when MJ was still livin! U go Tito! lol I know that's a hard thing to do in this family! -_-

wow lots of people on twitter were angry at Latoya's remark earlier on The Talk today

Latoya Jackson: 'My brothers are so good you don't even miss Michael...' when refering to the upcoming tour today on the talk
laToya is such a damn air head..how in the world does she feel like saying something like this...she disgusts me. And as far as the brothers touring...I say good for them...atleast they will distracted for a little while and their hand wont be out there ..Palm side up...trying to get Michael's money. One more thing...if Jermaine Jackson thinks that he will EVER EVER be the lead singer of the Jackson 5 or the Jacksons ..however they want to slice it...he is in for a HUGE shock...he will NEVER replace Michael...imo...Jerm use to be good back in the day,,he had some talent..bt NEVER on Michael's level. Guess we shall see what happens.

Unless Michael is played on the screens during the Jackson 5 songs,this tour will be complete crap.

Otherwise,I wish them luck.

Latoya......
angfw5.gif
emoticons_487_0484.gif

:wtf: :horror
www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif

I wouldn't go even if I had free tickets :lol:

Michael Jackson's brothers plan show in native Indiana

7:14 AM, Apr. 6, 2012 |

bilde

Marlon Jackson (clockwise), Jackie Jackson, Jermaine Jackson and Tito Jackson will preform a tribute concert to their late brother Michael Jackson (center). This undated photo was taken when they preformed as the Jackson 5. / COURTESY UNIVERSAL MUSIC

Written by

Associated Press

MERRILLVILLE, Ind. -- The Jackson Brothers will be returning to their northwestern Indiana roots for a concert this summer.
The head of Merrillville's Star Plaza Theatre says the group consisting of Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon and Tito Jackson will perform there June 22. The show will be part of a 27-city tour around the world in memory of their late brother Michael.
Star Plaza president Charlie Blum tells The Times of Munster (http://bit.ly/HSd4Bn ) that the brothers will perform songs going back to their days as the Jackson 5 when they rocketed to fame from their hometown in neighboring Gary.
Michael Jackson died in 2009. The Jackson brothers last did a concert tour together in 1984.
Tickets for the Merrillville show go on sale April 14.

It's good to see the brothers putting whatever issues they've had over the years aside to finally reunite. It's not going to be the same without Michael but still, it's good that they're going to perform together again.

I love and support Michael Jackson's children:
Prince, Paris, and Blanket, and that is it for me.

Karthik;3620528 said:

If LaToya was trying to say even without Michael and Jermaine, the rest sounded great in the Cardiff concert then that’s what she should have said and not know one will miss Michael. The problem is not that Michael’s fans always manage to make a different meaning out what LaToya says. The problem is that her contempt and jealousy of MJ is hard for her to conceal and she always allows it to spill out every time she opens her mouth about him.

Last edited:

^How do you know what Michael would or wouldn't feel or tell about Latoya's conduct? It's simple, you don't.

^Yes, but he was also a human being with emotions. He called Latoya a 'witch' during a private phone conversation with Glenda, where Glenda didn't have anything positive to say about Latoya. What I noticed was that Michael never interrupted her or jumped to Latoya's defense.

You need to stop assuming that Michael was incapable of negative human emotions of anger, hurt, disappointment, etc. Yes, he was a wonderful human being. Far kinder, generous, gentle than most, but a human nonetheless.

You are correct in saying that Michael never humiliated a person but unfortunately we cannot say the same thing about sweet sister LaToya in regard to Michael.

Mod Note
Please tone down the insults in here and stay on topic :eek:fftopic:If not thread will be cleaned to insure it does stay on topic.
Hint .. This thread is not about Latoya. Please dont derail it into a thread about latoya. Lets all move on.

Also Please dont derail the thread by berating each other :spor: Every one is allowed an opinion BUT ...
If you see a post againts MJJC rules or policy, please report it so staff can review and take appropriate action

Dont insult or berate each other and please dont try to play moderater it only leads to arguments

I thank thee in advance for your cooperation :)

The according views here you do not want the group to meet again because Michael is not here?
But Michael was out of the Group for a long time. So I do not understand position.
Want to ban the group The Jacksons reunite again. But they have fans who are happy with this return.

Another thing, because MJJCommunity announced on Twitter that the brothers were back at a meeting of tribute to Michael Jackson!. This is not true, it was never released. Has tributes to Michael, but it is not an tour exclusive tour of tribute to Michael. What is the intent of this disclosure wrong. Discredit the group. Decrease the focus back the of the group The Jacksons? Sorry, I just want to understand

Whoever comes out here is confusing to read. Fans of Michael Jackson humiliate and detonate the first group that Michael was released, which moreover is composed of his brothers!
What is this, jealousy, selfishness.

I can only speak for myself and if I'm brutally honest I resent the fact that this tour is only happening because Michael died. Or perhaps I should say that there is only this interest in the Jacksons because Michael died, still ringing in my ears are Jermaine and Jackies words from Jackson Family Dynasty 'this is our time'......... There I said it.

However, I did wish them well, and I still do as long as Michael's children aren't used as a selling point and nobody belittles Michael, then my claws will come out.

Nobody stopped them from touring the last 28 years. That was their choice and they were always waiting for Michael.

I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this and I might not use the right words here but Michael was beyond the group. I don't think Michael would have toured with them again because he was an icon on his own. He had his own identity. They needed him more than he needed them. He didn't need to tour with them because he was his own show. He was at a level that they don't want to understand. He was always want to grow as an artist and do new things.

I feel like the brothers wasted a lot time waiting for Michael and they could have toured or have done other things. Michael probably wanted his brothers to move on. When Jermaine left the group they went on but when Michael left they stopped. They could have kept going and change the group dynamic as a producer had said on their reality show. Maybe they can now.

Last edited:

MOD NOTE: Please do not refer to LaToya as a variation of her name. It really is not necessary. If you would like to call out LaToya for her foolishness (which is perfectly fine and deserved), please do so while retaining her name.

Thank you.

Nobody stopped them from touring the last 28 years. That was their choice and they were always waiting for Michael.

I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this and I might not use the right words here but Michael was beyond the group. I don't think Michael would have toured with them again because he was an icon on his own. He had his own identity. They needed him more than he needed them. He didn't need to tour with them because he was his own show. He was at a level that they don't want to understand. He was always want to grow as an artist and do new things.

I feel like the brothers wasted a lot time waiting for Michael and they could have toured or have done other things. Michael probably wanted his brothers to move on. When Jermaine left the group they went on but when Michael left they stopped. They could have kept going and change the group dynamic as a producer had said on their reality show.

:agree:

Maybe they can now.

:fear:

^How do you know what Michael would or wouldn't feel or tell about Latoya's conduct? It's simple, you don't.

I bet Michael must have been spoken a lot to Latoya in private. -_- :fear:

Last edited:

As for LaToya's comment, on opening night it will be clearly obvious that Michael is missed and is NEEDED and that this tour will be nothing reminiscent of a Jackson 5/Jacksons performance that people have come to know and love.

Honestly, it should'nt have taken Michael's death to get these brothers back on stage. The attention that came along with Michael's death is whats allowing this to happen know. All those years waiting on Michael to join them when he clearly made them aware he was not interested.....why did'nt they decide to go ahead without him then? yeah, because they knew the big draw would be him and with Michael would come the big $$$$$$. So there was no point going out on there own.

Anyway, with that said, here's hoping that they have someone who is professional enough to help put together as best a show as they are capable of doing. The verdict will be in after the first show for sure.

Last edited:

I really hope their tour isn't as disappointing to watch as the low-energy in Cardiff.

I am glad they want to pay their own way, by going out performing, but they were only ever Michael's back-up Singers!

(Randy got to lay low, he may have to pay back-child support if he works)

I feel like the brothers wasted a lot time waiting for Michael and they could have toured or have done other things. Michael probably wanted his brothers to move on. When Jermaine left the group they went on but when Michael left they stopped. They could have kept going and change the group dynamic as a producer had said on their reality show. Maybe they can now.

I agree with you, spot on post. Like Katherine said, Michael may not need brothers but brothers need Michael.

I don't think it was the fact they were waiting for Michael that stopped them from touring over the last 28 years. I can't help but think it was probably the lack of interest from sponsors toward them without Michael. Couple with that the fact that they really struggle working together with or without Michael that nothing got off the ground.

I don't believe for one second that they didn't want to perform over the last 28 years, in fact wasn't the Jackson Family Dynasty series only meant to be one episode showing the brothers desire to tour and record an album? Then Michael died and the episode became a series.

I believe they know this is now or never, they have interest, they have backing and they can perform on a scale that they think they are worthy of.

I agree with you, spot on post. Like Katherine said, Michael may not need brothers but brothers need Michael.

That says it all.

I do wish them success, but in watching their reality show, I remembered thinking there was a lack of drive in getting something done. Unless there was some very serious editing of that show, it appeared to me that they liked the idea of singing and performing again, but weren't really into giving the all out effort needed to really make everything work. I certainly didn't see a lot of enthusiasm, energy, or determination.

When Jackie and Marlon practiced a routine, they did it half heartedly, completed their practice soon after they started. Again, it could have been the editing, but I never sensed any of them were "into it" like they should have been if they really wanted to get back out there and perform. I didn't expect the high energy they had as teenagers, but I didn't expect the lack of effort or interest I saw either. I guess that's changed GREATLY now. Hope so for their sake. Because despite what LaToya said, MJ's prescence and energy IS going to be felt, which means, they will need to work harder to make up for his loss to be taken seriously as entertainers again.

ETA: They might do better getting some high energy dancers as backup and develop whole new routines, with the dancers providing a lot of the physical energy, while they focus mainly on their vocals.

Back