Oprah to Interview Paris Jackson For A 2nd Time on "Next Chapter" Airing This Summer!

What Michael did worked for these kids and they appreciate it and other celebrities are covering up their kids in public when they are with them. Maybe people will understand and stop asking about it. Michael was a great father and just wanted the best for them.

I just seen the GMA clip of the interview this morning and Paris was very sincere and made sense. The hosts all said she was a polite, well mannered beautiful young lady and that hearing her perspective that,that they could now understand why Michael did have the children to wear the 'masks' while they were young when out in the highly populated areas where MJ knew there would always be cameras. Paris said the way that MJ worked it out did give them all chances sometimes to go out un-noticed to places like Chucky Cheese. There was a little bit more of the interview than the preview for the full interview that's to air June 10th, 2012 on OWN The hosts were all in agreement yet one host did try and show both sides of perspective about the masks back then,but the 2 or 3 other hosts,quickly voiced that the final conculsion was that it wasn't so strange as it may have seemed that MJ wanted their faces shielded then,that they could understand why through hearing his daughters perspective and by how lovely and well mannered she and his children are - saying that Michael did right by them.
I looked for the GMA clip on youtube but it's not been posted yet.

Of course Michael did the best job he could to give his children the normal childhood. For god sake, how much hate and attack Michael received when he was alive, shield his children is the only way he could give his children some peace, he shielded the craziness away from his children, He carried all the pressure and attack on his own shoulders to protect his children. no one is in his shoes, no one received his level of fame, hate and inhumanity. But they all act like know it all and point fingers on him.

^Yes, well said. MJ was the one celebrity who could have done with some sympathetic pr coverage of himself as a father - an interview with him interacting with his children for example to help stem the flow of negativity. But he never did - he refused to use his children as pr props, big admiration for that.

Maybe people will understand and stop asking about it.

These interviewers, like oprah who has already asked the same question re the veils, will carry on asking and asking until they get the children to say something negative and then they can splash it around the headlines like they did with the 'stupid' comment that paris made with ellen.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0" width="480" height="270" id="CEGEmbed"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/CEGDynamicPlayer.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="width=480&height=270&ID=Embed&releasePID=qmYQx5o_l0U11zlNREIIHoJ_8ZpQixM7&playerId=Embed&skinUrl=http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/skinCEGPlayer.swf&locId=UK" /><embed width="480" height="270" flashvars="width=480&height=270&ID=Embed&releasePID=qmYQx5o_l0U11zlNREIIHoJ_8ZpQixM7&playerId=Embed&skinUrl=http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/skinCEGPlayer.swf&locId=UK" allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" name="CEGEmbed" id="CEGEmbed" src="http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/CEGDynamicPlayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></object>

Thanks very much for the clip. I have been able to see other clips as OWN has blocked them in my country on copyright grounds.
Paris is so funny when she says that Prince is drifting off - typical teenager:D
She, herself is teenager too, yet she speaks about Prince like she is years older:)
Seeing Paris and Blanket together was heartwarming, they looked so close.

Paris Jackson Talks Mask-Wearing and Getting Grounded by Michael Jackson in Oprah Sit-Down

If you thought you were confused the first time you saw Michael Jackson's young children wearing masks in public, then spare a thought for the kids themselves.

In a new interview with Oprah Winfrey, Paris Jackson opened up about how it felt to be subjected to the face-covering paraphernalia, what sort of parental punishment Michael used to mete out, and why he was, in the end, just your typical, "normal" dad.

"I was really confused, like I didn't get why I was wearing a mask," the 13-year-old told Oprah. "But I understand it now, why our dad would want our face to be covered, so we went out without him, we wouldn't be recognized and we could have a normal childhood."

The idea of maintaining some semblance of normalcy was an important one in the Jackson household, and a notion that frequently came up during the interview.

"He did," she said, when asked if Michael wanted his kids to have a so-called normal life.

"He had his doubts, because he told us that when he was younger he didn't really have a childhood. He'd always be stuck in the studio singing while other kids were out playing. And he wanted us to have that...Chuck E. Cheese and Toys 'R' Us were our favorite places to go."

Cut to today, and the Jackson trio of Paris, Prince Michael and of course Blanket are still acutely aware of their loss.

"Now I see other kids and their parents and I compare them to my dad. Our dad was a really normal father when he was with us. We would get grounded if we did something bad. He would ground us. He wouldn't call it grounding; he'd just say, 'You're on punishment.' Sometimes we'd be on punishment a lot. Mostly me and Blanket, because me and Blanket would always fight."
However, that sibling rivalry seems to have tapered off, as now Paris and Blanket are closer than ever.

"Prince has started to drift off; he's a teenager, he's a teenage boy, he's gonna do that. But me and Blanket have found a lot of things in common, more things than I thought we did, so me and him have gotten a lot closer."

The full interview airs Sunday on OWN.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/paris_ja...#ixzz1x88L3HGj

I always knew that Paris and her brothers are the best ones to speak on Michael's behalf. They make people hopefully see Michael as a human being who loved his kids and just wanted the best for them. People just judge all the time and never talk to the actual people. I am sure Michael tried to explain it too but people didn't want to listen to him and just ridicule him. This is really a sensitive month right now and it all make me want to cry again. Michael was a great person and a great dad.

From the OWN interview, Paris said she and Blanket are closer than ever. Pic/gif from the interview.

scaled.php

pboprah.gif

From the OWN interview, Paris said she and Blanket are closer than ever. Pic/gif from the interview.

scaled.php

pboprah.gif

I cannot see what is on Blanket's plate, seems to be huge portion for a boy of his size:wub:

In the video with Blanket I saw that Paris has bangs. Did Oprah go back for more? I just don't get after all Oprah did to Michael why they even let her in the door! Sorry Michael...

In the video with Blanket I saw that Paris has bangs. Did Oprah go back for more? I just don't get after all Oprah did to Michael why they even let her in the door! Sorry Michael...

I remember Dennis C. (Lundon's Bridge director & author) said that Paris did a bunch of interviews within the last several months. Maybe one of them was with Oprah again.

Oprah said on the OWN official Facebook page that 50 Cent interview that will air w/ Paris interview on Sunday is just Part 1. So maybe Oprah will air a Part 2 for Paris also hence her now bangs.

Thank you Cassie! I am sorry but I still can't believe Katherine is even letting Oprah near Michael's children. The way she tried to turn MJ into a punch line yukking it up with LMP. I just can't watch this interview knowing how she treated Michael.

This is going to sound stupid but do you think there are any pictures of Michael in the house besides Paris room? Something his mother said once. 3 years later and Blanket still has his long hair. I can see how Blanket and Paris have gotten closer and Prince doing his own thing. I am sure they are all close.

I like what Paris is saying but it is who she is telling it to that I have the problem with. Oprah probably doesn't care or believe her.

^^It was nice that Paris explained, for the second time, the reason Michael made them wear masks. But i don't understand why these tv hosts are surprised or pretend to be surprised. Michael was cruelly critized for that & it was DR who said it was her idea to have her children masked. Didn't they hear or know that? I believe they're just pretending to be nice so they can get more interviews. I don't like them.

Im so disgusted by the hypocrisy from the media, in this case Oprah. Here she is saying Michael was smart for putting a mask on his kid's faces.. After Paris explains the masks so noone would recognize them Oprah says he/it was smart.

I didnt see anyone call MJ's decision smart when he was alive... SMH

She said he was smart? The hypocrisy bothers me too. I don't know whether to scream or cry to be honest.

She said he was smart? The hypocrisy bothers me too. I don't know whether to scream or cry to be honest.

Here is a direct transcript:

Paris: I was really confused, like, I didnt get why I was wearing I mask. But I understand it now why our dad would want our face to be covered. When we would go out without him, we wouldnt be recognized and could have a normal childhood.

Oprah: So you would only do that when you were with your dad?

Paris: Yes

Oprah: And then when you were not with your dad, you could go out without people knowing who you were. Smart, smart.

They also talked about her interview on CNN today and the hosts praised Michael as a father.

"COSTELLO: I hope things go well for her, I do. She does. She just seems like such a centered -- for a 14-year-old, that's amazing.

WYNTER: That's the way their dad raised them, you know."

It's all great they are acknowledging him now but back then everyone thought the kids should be taken away from him :(

Anyway this proves that his children are and will be his biggest supporter because apparently when they see his children talk about him and the way the kids conduct theirselves they've finally understands Mike did the right thing... They are truly his biggest legacy.

^^It was nice that Paris explained, for the second time, the reason Michael made them wear masks. But i don't understand why these tv hosts are surprised or pretend to be surprised. Michael was cruelly critized for that & it was DR who said it was her idea to have her children masked. Didn't they hear or know that? I believe they're just pretending to be nice so they can get more interviews. I don't like them.

Shameless media angling for PPB interviews.

BS LaToya... BS! I do not believe Michael would've kept them that way. There's interviews where Michael himself said that when they became older that he'd let them make their own choices. BS LaToya! I'm not a 'family hater' just because I don't always agree with family members dosen't mean I don't take into consideration their opionions etc. but -- I try to like and foregive her,but she is a sh*t stirrer.

Last edited:
Notice the shade the author writes about MJ but them gives him his kudos at the end

Paris Jackson on Wearing Masks as a Kid: Weird! - The Hollywood Gossip

Paris Jackson on Wearing Masks as a Kid: Weird!

The strangeness of wearing masks all the time as a child is not lost on Michael Jackson's daughter Paris, though she respects his reasoning behind it.

It was one of the most enduring images from Michael's bizarre life - stepping out with his kids hidden behind masks - at the time and to this day.

Paris Jackson, 14, tells Oprah Winfrey she was as perplexed as anyone.

"I was really confused," Paris admits in an interview to air Sunday. "I didn't get why I was always wearing a mask. But I understand it now."

"The reason why my dad would want our faces to be covered ... it was so when we went out without him we wouldn't be recognized."

Thanks to her late father's efforts, she says, "We had a normal childhood," including trips to the mall, the arcade and Chuck E. Cheese's.

"He told us that he didn't really have a childhood," says Paris. "He would always be stuck in the studio singing while the kids were out playing."

"Really, he just wanted us to have that. "

One thing's for sure, the King of Pop really knew what he was doing in the child-rearing department. Paris, Prince and Blanket all seem like remarkably normal, respectful and well-adjusted young people. Respect.

Its funny that Michael explained the reason for those masks since day 1 and now that Paris gave the same exact explanation to Oprah everyone seems to be having their "aha moment" about the masks. It just goes to show that some people will ignore anything that Michael said and did that would make him sound like a normal human being, they have no interest in understanding him because they are having way too much fun judging and making fun of him.

The Brown Gangsta;3653287 said:
Its funny that Michael explained the reason for those masks since day 1 and now that Paris gave the same exact explanation to Oprah everyone seems to be having their "aha moment" about the masks. It just goes to show that some people will ignore anything that Michael said and did that would make him sound like a normal human being, they have no interest in understanding him because they are having way too much fun judging and making fun of him.

I agree with you. A quote came to my mind:
&#8220;Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight", people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth."

Back