OPRAH with 21 minutes of MJ TII with Kenny Ortega

Thank you soooo much for sharing! :bow:
This is going to be so amazing but at the same time really emotional and special, I can't wait to see it :wild:

guys kenny said that michael wrote songs at night for his new record, do you think he got to record those songs?

guys kenny said that michael wrote songs at night for his new record, do you think he got to record those songs?

I don't think so, it sounded like he was going to do it in London. Because Kenny said they'd make sure there was a studio when he was over here.

Since this interview is very positive the media is not talking about it that much. EW was going to release their special issue the media is twisting it around to highlight Michael as a nut case, I saw many news headlines published on the net… Similarly, that was the case about the TII song controversy. I hope this interview to spread all around the media and people should know what Kenny and Oprah said about Michael and what they think of him.

^^ Thanks GUYVER. I saw that before but I didn't give it any attention and I didn't watch it, but now I did and I am so excited about the movie, and I decided to go tomorrow and buy more tickets :)

exactly.....then my first thought was...if Michael was using propofol EVERY night then how did he write is songs....also Kenny said that Michael would call him in the middle of the night and want to talk about the songs...again this is why this propofol thing bugs me...Michael cannot write music if he is knocked out!!!....Sorry to pick it apart guys but this is out of Kenny's own mouth..

hi :waving: i found the inveiw on he website here is it

Michael Jackson's Final Curtain Call

Kenny Ortega is the man behind some of the most memorable dance moves in pop culture history— Madonna's iconic "Material Girl" video, Dirty Dancing's steamy sequences and High School Musical's high-energy moves, just to name a few.

Now, the director and choreographer is releasing his most heartbreaking—and inspiring—project yet in honor of Michael Jackson, his friend of 25 years. Michael Jackson's This Is It is an unguarded look at the King of Pop's final days as he prepared for a series of comeback concerts in London. "We were about eight days away from leaving to London to do our final technical and dress rehearsals," Kenny says. "We were about three weeks from being ready."

Kenny and Michael met in 1984. "For the last couple of years, we had been talking about finding the right project. That it had to have meaning, real purpose behind it for him to want to do something. And when he called me, he said, 'This is it.' That's where the title came from," he says. "He wanted this so much for so many reasons. For his children, who are now old enough and really, you know, curious [about his performances]"

The last time Kenny saw Michael was 14 hours before his death. He says working on the film has helped him begin to heal. "I didn't know that I could get through it. When the news first came of Michael's death, I had the hardest time," he says. "Being there with the material just gave greater value to the history that I shared with Michael, a greater importance to how lucky I was, honored to have him in my life."

During rehearsal, Kenny says he worried about his friend's health, especially his weight. "He was like: 'I'm at my fighting weight. I'm at my dancing weight,'" he says. "We looked after him. We were family. And as families do, [we asked]: 'Are you hungry? Did you eat?' We had a refrigerator stocked full of healthy drinks and food. As a family, [we] did our best to look out for each other, especially Michael."

In fact, Kenny says Michael outlasted dancers half his age. "It was as if he was the music," he says.

Despite reports that Michael was addicted to drugs, Kenny says he never saw any sign of drug abuse. "I saw fatigue at times, and he did have sleepless nights," he says. "I'd say: 'Michael, we need to get you to sleep. You need to be healthy. You need to take care of yourself.' He was like, 'I'm working on the record,' and he was being a dad, and then he would have these ideas for the show. So it just kept him up."

Though it's been an emotional journey, Kenny says he's honored to be able to pay tribute to the real Michael. "He's so present in the film," he says. "You can forget that he's still not with us."

here is link:http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20091016-tows-michael-jackson-this-is-it

OK so the DL only took a few minsutes, but none of my
players will recognize the file ext. flv. Oh well. Thanks anyway.
I saw bits & pieces of it on YT. :\

Thanks for posting this. It was quite interesting indeed. Can't wait till the 27th to come around. This is going to be one tough movie to absorb..

Back