Orianthi

Scary13

Proud Member
Have you guys heard her new single, According To You? I think she's amazing! In her video, she has a poster of MJ on her wall! :)

Wow, I didn't know the girl can sing!

I like her voice and I really like how she brings the guitar into the pop song. So I'm totally lovin' the guitar, I'm just a tad disappointed with this song. I think Orianthi is really talented, but this song just reminds me of all of the other pop songs out there. It was different because of the guitar, but I'm not really feeling the lyrics. I think it's kind of predictable.

Seeing her playing the guitar, I expected some classic rock n roll song. Seeing her being such a passionate musician in the TII move, I expected something a little bit deeper, I totally didn't see a love-story pop song coming.

Maybe I'm being a little bit too harsh on her, but I don't think this song shows the kind of things she's capable of.

I'm sure she can do a lot better than this! :)

I love it!! She's using her TII guitar!!!!! :)

she is a very talented young lady Michael chose her for a very good reason.....

Normally, I'm just not into female artists, but I LOVE Orianthi. I bought her album and I love it. If you haven't heard God Only Knows, it's amazing. It makes me think of Michael when I hear it. It brings tears to my eyes.

And that song was actually added to her album AFTER Michael passed...So yeah...It's for Michael and I get chills listening to it because I relate to EVERY WORD of that song. I love her and that song well it's amazing. So are the others but that one in particular...for obvious reasons.

Wow, I didn't know the girl can sing!

I like her voice and I really like how she brings the guitar into the pop song. So I'm totally lovin' the guitar, I'm just a tad disappointed with this song. I think Orianthi is really talented, but this song just reminds me of all of the other pop songs out there. It was different because of the guitar, but I'm not really feeling the lyrics. I think it's kind of predictable.

Seeing her playing the guitar, I expected some classic rock n roll song. Seeing her being such a passionate musician in the TII move, I expected something a little bit deeper, I totally didn't see a love-story pop song coming.

Maybe I'm being a little bit too harsh on her, but I don't think this song shows the kind of things she's capable of.

I'm sure she can do a lot better than this! :)

That was exactly the same thing what I thought when I first heard the song!
You totally expressed how I feel! :)

So, today (Feb 15th) Orianthi was on The View, she debuted her new song "According to You" and discussed Michael.
I can't find the video on Youtube, but here's her video for the song

OMG i had no idea she sings!!! i thought she was juss a guitarist!! wow and this song rocks it comes on at my work all the time! had no idea she sings it! good job for spotting her MJ shes really talented!!

Her album's out now (Believe) and the video for her second single, Highly Strung (an instrumental duet with Steve Vai) is on YouTube.

do they play it on the radio and on tv though? With it being an instrumental song I don't know how big the song is if they are even airing it, I've only seen it on youtube.

Just thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has listened to her second album Heaven In This Hell? It's much heavier than the first and a lot less Avril Lavignie. She toured with Alice Coopers band in 2011 too!

Less than 2 days to go until I see Orianthi in London on Wednesday evening!! :excited:

Funny, it's the first thread my eye fell on :blush:

My ordered CD of "Heaven in this hell" by Orianthi :punk:is finally in and I'm like a kid at Christmas.

If you like guitar riffs that ROCKS your white socks off, she's the ONE. Michael sure has a nose for TALENT :clapping:

I FEEL Michael too in some songs like "Another you" or "If you where here with me" :blush:

Heres my videos from Orianthi's gig! Sorry about the sound but it was LOUD!! :p

There was also a surprise for us at the end with special guest...ALICE COOPER!! :D

OMJ :wild: You were so close to her and indeed she really :punk:

Thanks so much for uploading this. My REAL fave is "How do you sleep" I totally dig the wailing guitar in it :bow:

Not many artists get the 'seal of approval' by yours truly cause I'm rather 'pampered' by Michael :wub:

Michael does indeed have a nose for talent and Orianthi surely shines bright :angel:

That guy singing with her is her boyfriend (lucky fella! ;) ). He fronts a band called The Fairchilds and he opened the gig for her :)

Back