Outfits you DIDN'T like MJ wearing...

I was never a fan of the pointy shoulder jackets he wore in 2009 up until his death.

They look very feminine, and I believe they were actually female jackets.

I also wasn't keen on the outfits he wore during the 2005 trial , although his clothing would have been the least of the worries at that time.

Agree that the gold pants are overrated, I'm a straight male so was never interested in the package 😂

Not a fan of the Dangerous leotard. It looks better tucked in, though.

I used to like the gold pants but all the thirsty fans ruined it for me. The thought of MJ's "package" keeps getting in my head when I see them. >_<
🤣 yeah, I feel totally demoralized now and can’t stop looking at „it‘!

I don‘t get why so many of you didn’t like the 2009 look - I think it was very fashionable (a few years later the pointy shoulder jackets were so in (at least in Europe)). I like most of the MJ looks (even his loungewear: fedora + pyjama) it was always unique and fun. Not a fan of the silk shirts (like in the Bashir doc) though.

Last edited:
Maybe this was talked about before but I suddenly remembered that Cameo's Larry Blackmon wore a eye-catching red codpiece in the 'Word Up' video, which was on MTV all the time. Although MJ's leotard was initially inspired by a fencing outfit, him sporting it so bright and isolated like he did might be also due to the Cameo video (their album also sounds like a source for inspiration for the Bad album imo). Just a thought lol

Working day and night outfits - the blue foam pants, the white thing before that, and then the pink suit, I did not like any of them.

PS: I am not going to defend the DWT outfit here ...... I am not going to defend the DWT outfit here ...... I am not going to defend the DWT outfit here ...... I am not going to defend the DWT outfit here ...... 🤐

Working day and night outfits - the blue foam pants, the white thing before that, and then the pink suit, I did not like any of them.

PS: I am not going to defend the DWT outfit here ...... I am not going to defend the DWT outfit here ...... I am not going to defend the DWT outfit here ...... I am not going to defend the DWT outfit here ...... 🤐
yeah the blue pants there look a bit like ski pants to me

oh, but I will, lol. Gold Leotard For Ever! ❤️

But the knee pads and those WDAN blue pants, no thank you!

or he might have been wearing the black pants under it for a quick change. Someone told me that the weird white outfit was so that he could pull it off quickly for the next song.
Yeah, it was supposed to be ripped off in one movement, apparently, the white one. I've seen him wearing something similar on BWT 1987 and I was all, 'Er, what now?' and then he whips it off and he's got his next costume underneath. Looks a bit weird but I suppose it saves time, lol.

During trial, it was Michael Bush. I personally didnt like these outfits!
Christian Audigier style is awful...
The trail although a terrible time he looked very elegant , plus they had meaning i don't think one can fault any of those suits. my fave the peach coloured ..can]t find it
Michael should wear something like Karl Lagerfeld, he is really classy!

karl-lagerfeld1.jpeg

Lager.jpg

karl_lagerfeld.jpg

Metropolitan%20Museum%20Art%20Costume%20Institute%20YlFzmCPtag2l.jpg

28_karl_lg.jpg

german_karl_lagerfeld_6.jpg

karl_lagerfeld_costume_checklist.jpg
loving this too cos i loved Lagerfeld :)

Has anyone spoken about the peter pan collar suit yet? that design M wore would get countless amout of hate

The majority of the Zaldy outfits he was planning (or forced) to wear for This is it.
People did not take to this kindly when they saw him in it on this board. You have little tiny golden lions on it.
this suit would get some flack. I loved it . It looked feely and dapper, to be fair.
Looked good in my opinion!

Does the leather outfit he wore during his 2001 cameo with NSync ever get any love?

I thought he looked really good in it and quite modern and a change from his usual style.

always felt that the knee pads made his movement look clunky. some of the outfits on the ‘triumph’ tour were too casual for the stage.
Those Hawaiian shirts....omg I hated them. I love the rock with you like costumes way better! They progressed for sure lol

I've said it before, those blue pants, looks like he fell into a parachute. They are just weird.
They should've been gold to match the jacket. I understand the illusion to pull off.... but at least a different pair of pants....the material was swimwear like to me...I hate em I hate I hate em...even as a kid I was like...."why blue"?

Why are people dissing MJs regular clothes? We're talking his performance outfits aren't we? Well I guess not. But they're different categories.

Back