Paris Jackson begins acting career - Lundon's Bridge - Summary of the book @pg42

Re: Paris Jackson to appear on Ellen - December 8th (Begins acting career)

Remember that follower fan named Talitha? She was on here for a while and created a website about her lovely memories with/about Michael. I remember she said this about Michael's children...

http://www.michaeljacksonthelastangel.com/michael-jackson-children.html

this makes me sad and angry. people say these kids "finely" have a normal life but the way i see it it's the opposite. HE gave them a NORMAL life

I know Michael was affected by not having a proper childhood but I think its different with Paris. Althought Its a bit soon I think she will cope.

charity begings at home. mj was left to pay for everyone in that house. he was the one hassled.even now she allows the kids to pay for that family instead of stepping in and giving her mother cash for the rest of them. aslong as someone else is paying and she doesnt get brought into any of the families money making scams she doesnt care about how others are used. Of vourse she has no prob believing whatever precious randy says and calling the bro she was hassling to be involved in the tribute concert a druggie. imo shes selfish and doesnt care about what goes on aslong ad the rest of the family keep her out of it.mj was that diversion.now hes gone she prob wants even less to do with them as god forbid the leaches attach onto her. the kids are the new diversationAnd i wonder whos doing rogers bidding. its not like hes saying this out of the goodness of his heart. cascio?

elusive, I may sound like a broken record, but how do you know what Janet has and has not been doing? You and other posters keep saying that Janet is selfish and not doing enough for Michael's kids, but how do you know that? Are you in the family discussions, are you on the phone with them, are their some insiders given you information about Janet's activities? Really, why is the first assumption is that Janet isn't saying anything and letting things happens? Like I said, do you want her to go to court and fight for guardianship or call child serves since that's the only way to make real everlasting change.

I also find it a bit of a double standard that you said Michael shouldn't have to pay for his family to begin with when he was alive and then you turn around and say Janet should pay the bills and she's selfish because she doesn't. I also find this kind of judgemental since we don't know what Janet has or has not pay for unless you've seen her tax returns.

I am also of the belief that there is a big different between charity work and getting involve rising kids when it's not your legal responsibility. I have cousins who are now being raised by horrible or not so good parents, but my parents are not involve with them. Are my parents' selfish because they chose not to step in and help raise my cousins? Could we say Michael was selfish with his younger nieces and nephews because he didn't have a more active role in their lives like the older kids and maybe gotten a house for Jermaine and Randy's kids or even got on his brothers for not paying their child support.

Also, what does her believing Randy have to do with anything regarding this subject. It seems some fans like to go into Janet's history and through it out there even when the subject has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

@ Ivy, you previously mentioned that you purchased the book. I haven't had time to read the entire thread so I must ask, have you finished reading it? If so, what are your thoughts? Setting aside the issues with Paris, something seems odd about all of this. Its strange that a movie based on a book inspired by the death of a young daughter, that encourages eco and human responsibility and pledges 50% of its gross profits to troubled American schools couldn't generate enough money to be made. Many A-list actors lend their time and money to causes. Larry King isn't A-list but he certainly should have the credentials to go to actors, politicians and even CNN execs to elicit funds. There is absolutely no reason Paris should be used this way. Perhaps the book isn't very good and can't stand on its own or as a movie?

I haven't started reading it yet. I'm very busy at work. As soon as I read it, I'll write a summary here.

I came across this news this morning on Yahoo and I must say it was very unexpected. While many actors/actresses started young and turned out just fine, there are many who have not. I can't speak for Michael and what he may have wanted but from what I know of, he did support the fact that his children wanted to be in Hollywood and the show business and what not. But from what I gather, I strongly think he wanted them to get an education first, above all else. I don't know how he would feel about this. Maybe he'd support it, maybe he wouldn't. However, it seems to be something that Paris desires to pursue. She's too young for the kind of criticism she is already getting and most likely will get, though. She's still developing in many ways. However, she's not getting completely thrust into this like Michael was at a young age. This is something that she really wants to do and has decided it for herself, even when Michael was alive. She's a strong cookie and I think she will do whatever she can to keep a balance.

All Michael wanted was his childhood back. All he wanted for was his children to have their childhood. It's just all so sad to me. The whole situation.

I came across this news this morning on Yahoo and I must say it was very unexpected. While many actors/actresses started young and turned out just fine, there are many who have not. I can't speak for Michael and what he may have wanted but from what I know of, he did support the fact that his children wanted to be in Hollywood and the show business and what not. But from what I gather, I strongly think he wanted them to get an education first, above all else. I don't know how he would feel about this. Maybe he'd support it, maybe he wouldn't. However, it seems to be something that Paris desires to pursue. She's too young for the kind of criticism she is already getting and most likely will get, though. She's still developing in many ways. However, she's not getting completely thrust into this like Michael was at a young age. This is something that she really wants to do and has decided it for herself, even when Michael was alive. She's a strong cookie and I think she will do whatever she can to keep a balance.

All Michael wanted was his childhood back. All he wanted for was his children to have their childhood. It's just all so sad to me. The whole situation.

I agree with this though part of me thinks although Blanket doesnt like goin into the spotlight he is kinda being made to,maybe to get him out and used to it so it will be time for him to enter into the celebrity world.I truly hope im wrong though and hope Paris is doin it cos SHE wants to and hasnt been persuaded into thinking that its something that its not.

Katherine is 81 years old.. she's obviously not a great business woman considering all of the shady deals and shady people that she allows to influence her decisions. You would think that all of her grown ass children would get together to make sure she is of sound mind and competent to make good choices for the minor grandchildren she is guardian to. Unfortunately they don't seem to care what is happening to MJ's kids at all. They appear to be out for themselves only.. This is a sad situation. I still wish that the kids went to Diana Ross. Ross protected all of her kids and they didn't get into the business until they were adults like in their early to mid '20's. Tracey Ross didn't start acting until she was older and Evan got involved in the business in his early '20's, and the rest are pretty much not in the business.. Katherine is exploiting MJ's kids and she didn't do that to her other 25 grandchildren:mat:

Are we talking about the same woman who endorses skinning of innocent animals for her & others' pleasure?

I suppose that makes Diana Ross and Elizabeth Taylor selfish too then?

Can we try and cool it slightly? Things are starting to get heated in here and there is no need for it.

People article said Paris loves going out with her aunt Janet. They do girlie things like shopping, getting their nails done etc.

In my book, yes. But there are people, so they have flaws, like everyone else.

This is the problem I have with the entire skinny argument.

It's bad to kill and skin an animal for its fur, but it's okay to kill an animal to eat it. Unless you're a vegetarian or a vegan, I don't really think you can really take the high road in this kind of argument because you're still killing an innocent animal for your own purposes.

Then again, according to PETE meat eaters are selfish and immoral people who will kill their own kids someday. (yes, they said this)

This is the problem I have with the entire skinny argument.

It's bad to kill and skin an animal for its fur, but it's okay to kill an animal to eat it. Unless you're a vegetarian or a vegan, I don't really think you can really take the high road in this kind of argument because you're still killing an innocent animal for your own purposes.

Then again, according to PETE meat eaters are selfish and immoral people who will kill their own kids someday. (yes, they said this)

I am.
Not a judgement I share.

Back OT? :)

I am.
Not a judgement I share.

Back OT? :)

No problem, I was just concern when you suggested that people who kill animals for skinny/eating makes them selfish or is a character flaw. I sure can't take the high ground because I love my chicken, boiled, fried, grilled, ect. lol

Mod Note
Please stay on topic

No problem, I was just concern when you suggested that people who kill animals for skinny/eating makes them selfish or is a character flaw. I sure can't take the high ground because I love my chicken, boiled, fried, grilled, ect. lol
To me it is, in a way, hence me saying "In my book". This being said, I dont force my values on others.

Mod Note
Please stay on topic
Agreed Qbee :)

From Taj's twitter regarding that latest Friedman article about Paris being exploited:

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter
Hola everyone. I was recently sent a link to an article written by Rodger Friedman. Please don't pay this reporter-gossiper any attention. He has been nothing but anti-Jackson since day one and has made a career off of it. However like the sneaky snake he is, he wiggles around the truth and smothers it with convincing lies. I saw him do this to my uncle while he was still alive. And my brothers and I have unfortunately witnessed this first hand as well. We have been at the receiving end of a couple of his vicious lies. Rodger's words hold as much weight as air.

Sorry... but there are a couple of people who truly disgust me. And to me, he belongs in the same category as Grace, Dimond, and Bashir.

Roger is scum but so is Taj as far as I am concerned, besides someone should tell him that we don't need Roger to tell us Paris is being exploited. Also for Roger being anti 'Jackson', why is then that some of his uncles willingly spoon fed Roger

Although Friedman hasn't been kind to Michael in regards to his business, I wouldn't put him in the same category of "Grace, Bashir or Dimond" because Friedman was adamant that Michael was innocent of the molestation charges and it was an extortion attempt. And you can thank Frank Cascio for it. In his book he states that he provided information to Friedman (the receipts Friedman keeps talking about) during that time and changed his mind.

As for Anti-Jackson , yes Friedman is anti-jackson family and so is most of the media.

note: and did anyone realize that Taj is not denying any of Friedman's claims ? but turn it into a personal issue about Friedman? I can't understand why if these people are wrong they can say they are wrong and explain why.

I have no respect for Friedman, but I dont remember any of the Js defending Michael either.

@Ivy, royalty is never wrong...

OK...Taj can respond to THIS, but nada when asked about GLE owing people money?

this is not about the media. fans can see for themselves whats going on. first the Oprah thing, then mann and the fake HTW fiasco, Prins going to germany and then "helping" his uncles with the thriller Jackets and being interviewed. the "tribute concert" with Paris wearing the belt now THIS! i mean come on now. any idiot knows 1+1 is 2

note: and did anyone realize that Taj is not denying any of Friedman's claims ? but turn it into a personal issue about Friedman? I can't understand why if these people are wrong they can say they are wrong and explain why.
Taj not denying Friedman's claims just shows where his priorities lay and how much Paris, or any of those children actually mean to him. It's always about them, about how they are being scrutinized by the evil media folks, it's never about Michael or his children. If Taj thinks this response of his, will help him get fans in his corner, he's wrong, besides how is it that Taj who is supposedly in the midst of a 'personal emergency', found the time to follow Friedman's story and post his reply/opinion about Friedman?

Paris apparently met one of her ''Twitter friends'' in real life. Can this ish get any worse?!

this is not about the media. fans can see for themselves whats going on. first the Oprah thing, then mann and the fake HTW fiasco, Prins going to germany and then "helping" his uncles with the thriller Jackets and being interviewed. the "tribute concert" with Paris wearing the belt now THIS! i mean come on now. any idiot knows 1+1 is 2

agreed! It seems like they have done EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that they can do to NOT ONLY use these kids...but have them in the spotlight as much as they can. My question is WHY? Michael died when Prince was 12 and Paris 11 and Blanket 7 we HARDLEY EVER seen or heard those kids in all of those years,,,now here it is 2 1/2 years after his death,,,and we have seen and heard MORE from these kids than we EVER did. It is sickening. Talk about gross negligence...damn the Jackson's are getting as bad as Murry for putting these kids out there and using them for every damn thing under the Sun. I said I wasn't gonna stress this shit anymore...but damn they make it so damn hard. blahhh

Paris apparently met one of her ''Twitter friends'' in real life. Can this ish get any worse?!

noway??? was it atleast a kid her age? I REALLY want to know WHO is making the decisions in that damn house...obviously NOT a COMPETENT ADULT.

noway??? was it atleast a kid her age? I REALLY want to know WHO is making the decisions in that damn house...obviously NOT a COMPETENT ADULT.
Supposedly she had security and one of her friends with her, but no the person she met isn't her age, she's supposed to be a 18 year old college student. Now I may be stupid but I don't hang around folks 6 years younger than me but that's just me.

Supposedly she had security and one of her friends with her, but no the person she met isn't her age, she's supposed to be a 18 year old college student. Now I may be stupid but I don't hang around folks 6 years younger than me but that's just me.

this REALLY IS very disturbing..I taught my kids to NEVER meet up with people that you talk to on the internet, Can you imagine what the hell is going through Katherine's head to of let her do that, Now I am SURE Paris is VERY persuasive..I know I have raised a daughter,,and they will go on and on until they get their way...BUT THIS takes it to a whole other level of safety. If she was aloud to do this once..I will bet you anything that she will do it again..next time there may not be any security involved. I really think it is time that i step away from the forum for awhile...I mean really I have tried to not think about what is going on...but every time I come and read more stuff...it gets worse,,,one of the kids are doing something that isn't even safe...DONE!!

U r absolutely right thunder, another thing is that you know you'd never hear any other celeb kid meeting up with random ''fans''/folks like that. I mean NO ONE in their right mind would allow this kind of nonsense, with or without security.

So in a span of over two years we have gone from a young lady being protected to her meeting people she met on the Internet. But they are normal now.

Back