Paris Jackson Harassed on Twitter *Do NOT Post Pictures Please*

Re: Paris Jackson Harassed on Twitter

Yep, I can completely see your point. I never once said she's an unfitting guardian, I think that's taking it way too far. I'm not even saying it's wrong for her to have a twitter account, if it's used for keeping up with friends etc. I just don't see why a 13 year old girl needs to have such a visible profile with thousands of followers and to be so accessible to fans and non fans alike. I don't see why that is necessary at this time or at her age. I'm saying I think it's unwise because imo it is incredibly unwise and frankly crazy that this is allowed to happen. But like I said, there's nothing we can actually do about this so I will just hope for the best and trust that Paris is strong enough and smart enough to handle all this, and she seems to be doing a great job with it so far. Hats off to her, she's a great kid.

Apologies... I didn't direct my prior comment to you. I just want to say many here (not you) are really going too far here. As you said, it's really not our place to say how the children should be raised and to judge Katherine's skils as a guardian for we have never been in the house with her and the children. All we have are pure speculations and opinons based upon incomplete information.

As for whether the twitter should remain private, I agree it would be better if her twitter is private. But, it doesn't solve the problem. Like a member said earlier, hateful comments will find their way to her private account. Nothing is safe in the internet. Pictures posted in her private FB keep leaking. What can they do? Lock her away from the internet?

Finding a right balance is very challenging. The children need to experience the real world. They can't be shielded forever. It's not easy. Hence, we sholdn't judge Katherine prematurely.

:(

I only have to wonder what it would've been like if Michael was here.

Everything would be completely different.... that's for sure.

I do agree it would probably be better if she made her account locked and private. Maybe better still would be to have a pretend account that someone else runs, and she could have her own with her own friends and everyone would be stuck following an account that wasn't even her. Just an idea.

Yes. She could use a false name or a username any or simply have your friends and family, nothing more. Only people she knows.

Worse still, Paris has been working to get her Twitter account verified, and it's only a matter of days before it does. This will only invite more trouble, and besides being Michael's daughter she has no other claim to fame yet. A really poor choice, and shows a lack of parental guidance. The Jacksons really disappoint me. While they spend their time scheming more ways to make money off Michael's name, his children are not receiving the care and love he would want them to.

And the problem will get much bigger. All the press will follow Paris in twitter, some idiots will say a lot of bullshits for her and so begins the chase. Someone in the family should be looking for it and guiding Paris. Fact.

I'm probably the only person here with this opinion, but Paris is going to have to deal with haters her whole life anyway, and is it really such a big problem that she has Twitter?

You're right. BUT... enemies are out there everywhere. People are looking at Paris. Have you ever stopped to think that some idiot can hack the account of Paris? I was thinking about this the other day. There are a lot of shit on the internet and we all know that. If Paris was being guiding by a family member, it would have on her twitter only people she knows and nobody else. The danger would be lower. But we can not do anything. We'll have to learn to deal with it. Unfortunately... :(

I know she is a very smart and intelligent girl. I see that nobody is looking at this whole thing. I can only pray that Paris is strong enough and knows how to handle when she stumbles upon some bullshit and with people harassing her on twitter. She is alone in this. I doubt that any member of the family talked to her about these questions about internet. And dare say that Katherine should not know that Paris is twitter.

To me... this is all very delicate, sad and disappointing.... What would Michael do? Of course, we know... everything would be completely different, Michael will guide and talk to your children about it. *big sigh*

Well :(.... I know... God is looking for her. I'm sure. :angel:

:(

It's not about judging anybody's parenting skills, in my opinion. It's not about keeping anyone from the internet, that would be unrealistic and, well, dumb, in 2011. As a teacher, my job is to teach 7 year olds how to use a computer, and the internet. A BIG part of it is to learn that the internet is dangerous, whoever you are. And it's even more dangerous when you're MJ's daughter.

What I do for my students, any parent can do. It's not about judging someone, but their actions. In this case, their lack of action.

Ridiculous to see people spinning this and trying to justify. I won't say much in here cuz quiet frankly it's useless. But there is clearly a lack of monitoring, which is the issue when it comes to these children. Don't even try to spin it around.

It's not about judging anybody's parenting skills, in my opinion. It's not about keeping anyone from the internet, that would be unrealistic and, well, dumb, in 2011. As a teacher, my job is to teach 7 year olds how to use a computer, and the internet. A BIG part of it is to learn that the internet is dangerous, whoever you are. And it's even more dangerous when you're MJ's daughter.

What I do for my students, any parent can do. It's not about judging someone, but their actions. In this case, their lack of action.

Seriously, I really want to know why so many think nobody supervises Paris' online activities at all? Based on what? Her behavior does not desmonstrate a hint of lack of guidance.

You know there are many people who really do not realize the dangers in the cyber world. Many people tweet their phone numbers to Paris publicly. Paris' response "it's not too good to give your phone number out." Paris is not a girl who is clueless. Actually, she's telling her followers to be careful.

Ridiculous to see people spinning this and trying to justify. I won't say much in here cuz quiet frankly it's useless. But there is clearly a lack of monitoring, which is the issue when it comes to these children. Don't even try to spin it around.

Same three to be honest, but I agree with what you said! Who the hell is supervising when this girl is taking sexy hell-cat pics on her bed, that someone else is taking!? I can't stand Alejandra, but I believe her when she says the nanny and bodyguards are raising these kids, Katherine is there, but not really...and the checks for the cash cows keep rolling in...sad, really. NONE of those children including Germs have any proper supervision, hence the stun gun incident and DCFS ordering Katherine to lessen the number of people in MJ's house.

Eh. Lets be honest here. Paris loves the attention she gets in twitter therefore she will never make her page private. Many members of The Jackson family have been contacted about Paris having a twitter and her wellbeing and all messages have been ignored. The only way nowadays to get a twitter account 'verified' is by actually being famous FOR SOMETHING YOU DO (acting, modeling, singing, band, author) as oppose to who your mom and dad is. That's why Paris has not been and will not be verified until she is famous for something other then being Michael Jackson's daughter. And the thing is, just because your father was exceptionally gifted, doesn't mean you will be too. She better study her craft well before she hands herself out to the pit that is fame.

Anyway, she likes the fame or she wouldn't be leaking all these pictures or videos of herself online. Eventually she will learn the cross that she has to bare - not only as Michael Jackson's daughter - but because she gave too much of herself freely online and is very vulnerable. People are already comparing Paris to Lisa Marie Presley and Kelly O. She's 13, I hope someone who gives a s*** about her will tell her to get off damn twitter.

No one is supervising Paris because no one gives a sh**. The money comes in every month and that's all the guardian of those kids gives a damn about. The action speaks very loudly.

Prince is no longer on social networks. He left a while ago thank god. Blanket is still young. Paris is the only one out there so open.

Last edited:

Seriously, I really want to know why so many think nobody supervises Paris' online activities at all? Based on what? Her behavior does not desmonstrate a hint of lack of guidance.

You know there are many people who really do not realize the dangers in the cyber world. Many people tweet their phone numbers to Paris publicly. Paris' response "it's not too good to give your phone number out." Paris is not a girl who is clueless. Actually, she's telling her followers to be careful.

Posting pictures of yourself online is not being careful. Especially when you're 13. Having a public twitter account is not either.
If people were more careful about the Internet, I would not have to teach my students about it, because it's a parent's job IMO. Paris may be smart, she still should be supervised, and she's obviously not. That's just my opinion.

Does Prince have twitter too? I don't hear much about him. I hear a lot about Paris. If she is handling things with grace and dignity that's good but I wish she didn't have to deal with haters. I am twice her age and I am not on twitter. I think since they are Michael Jackson's childen that their privacy should be protected. When they are actual adults then they can do whatever they want. I feel like Michael wouldn't like this. He always knew what people would say about him and he didn't want his kids exposed to that. He knew he couldn't protect them forever but she is only 13. Obviously things can't be avoided forever but having twitter and being exposed to haters like this is not necessary and totally avoidable. She can walk down the street and someone could say something bad about her father. You can't control that. Going on twitter is like an open invitation to these people and I don't see the need for her or her brothers to deal with that when they don't have to.

She may (For those who skipped reading comprehension) put on a brave face and say she is 100% Jackson....but deep down inside is questioning everything she's been told.

How could she not?

ETA: Again this week, Latoya did an interview with US Magazine criticizing MJ's parenting skills. So I guess they are doing a better job than him.

Last edited:

To be frank, I don't think I'm "sticking up" for Katherine Jackson. I just don't want to blindingly accuse her of any wrongful behavior, such as not properly supervising her grandchildren when there is no solid evidence.

In additional, how would you feel whan a total stranger who doesn't know anything about you, who has never met you and talked to you, criticize your parenting skills?

Fortunately, Paris does not need an education of her father from twitter. She got a first-hand knowledge of what kind of a person her father was.

Have you seen the way Paris responded to the hateful tweets? Have you seen how graceful and how strong she is? Michael did a great job raising her. Some one in the family also did a good job in guiding her. I cannot take away the credit of whoever supporting the children in the past two years. Have you seen the drawing she did? Obviously, she's spending her time in creating arts, like drawing and acting in a short video.
To be totally honest you and I are never going to see eye to eye on this subject...so maybe we should agree to disagree..no hard feeling...:hug:....All I WILL add is that if Paris a 13 year old girl was getting proper supervision...she would NOT have her photo posted on twitter. No responsible adult would let a minor child post their photo on the internet for all kinds of creepy ..child predators to see...even if the child is a everyday kid,,,responsible adults would never let it happen.

Prince has a twitter and a AIM but no longer uses either. He got sick and tired of some people leaking his stuff to PPB fansites. Not to mention all the stupid questions he got from fans. So far, he hasn't been "seen" online for a long time. Maybe he is just more careful & private then Paris is.

so, anyone can have "verified account" or you have to be famous?

Only famous people get verified.

To be verified you have to be famous for a reason, not just because who your parents are.

She may put on a brave face and be say she is 100% Jackson....but deep down inside is questioning everything she's been told.

Oh really, she is? I assume Paris told you this herself because how else would you know what Paris is questioning deep inside? Oh that's right, you wouldn't.

I think if Prince is keeping a low profile and keeping things private is the smart way to go.

Oh really, she is? I assume Paris told you this herself because how else would you know what Paris is questioning deep inside? Oh that's right, you wouldn't.

Can you read???? ...I don't understand why you bothered answering my post. Obviously, you skipped comprehension class

Can you read???? ...I don't understand why you bothered answering my post. Obviously, you skipped comprehension class

I read your post. Regardless of what any member of the Jackson family has said, you don't know what Paris is thinking to herself. You do not know her personal thoughts. I do not know her personal thoughts. The only person that knows Paris' personal thoughts is Paris.

I read your post. Regardless of what any member of the Jackson family has said, you don't know what Paris is thinking to herself. You do not know her personal thoughts. I do not know her personal thoughts. The only person that knows Paris' personal thoughts is Paris.

You MAY have read it...but you did not COMPREHEND what you read.

Definition may (verb)

-used to express possibility

To be totally honest you and I are never going to see eye to eye on this subject...so maybe we should agree to disagree..no hard feeling...:hug:....All I WILL add is that if Paris a 13 year old girl was getting proper supervision...she would NOT have her photo posted on twitter. No responsible adult would let a minor child post their photo on the internet for all kinds of creepy ..child predators to see...even if the child is a everyday kid,,,responsible adults would never let it happen.

:agree:

And then there are fan sites dedicated to PPB are posted daily private pictures and videos.... and most did not posted by Paris on twitter. This is another big problem of the whole thing. As a video that leaked the other day and Paris said on twitter that was stolen. I'm very curious to know who is leaking this stuff. It seems that Paris not has very reliable people around her. Someone is leaking these private things without the permission of Paris. Very sad. :(*big sigh*

Prince has a twitter and a AIM but no longer uses either. He got sick and tired of some people leaking his stuff to PPB fansites. Not to mention all the stupid questions he got from fans. So far, he hasn't been "seen" online for a long time. Maybe he is just more careful & private then Paris is.

I feel that Prince is not like Paris. He may not have much patience and can not strongly cope with so much bullshit about his father and bla bla bla... yet. Surely this must be very painful for him to see so many lies being told. :(

Only famous people get verified.

To be verified you have to be famous for a reason, not just because who your parents are.

Well, I don't use twitter, but I saw a member's here has his account verified, so it makes me wonder what is the rule.

You MAY have read it...but you did not COMPREHEND what you read.

I'm not dumb, don't try to drag me down to your level. I read and understood what you said. You clearly don't have a clue about understanding what I said.

She may (For those who skipped reading comprehension) put on a brave face and say she is 100% Jackson....but deep down inside is questioning everything she's been told.

How could she not?

ETA: Again this week, Latoya did an interview with US Magazine criticizing MJ's parenting skills. So I guess they are doing a better job than him.

NEVERMIND, I FOUND IT!! DISGUSTING!!
Umm..what did that compulsive lieing, attention whore say? Correct me if I'm wrong, but she doesn't have the brain cells to raise a child, much less that poor dog she has, and if her mother had did such a wonderful job with her, she'd be known as more than just MJ's sister, and an infamous liar! The brains in that family obviously stopped at MJ. Lord!

Us: How are Paris and Prince adjusting to school?

LJ: Blanket wants whatever his father wanted for him and dad wanted him to be home schooled so he is going to keep it that way. I see a major difference in Paris and Prince since they've been going to school. They are open to conversation. They are learning about the world, and they know a lot more than I do. When you keep kids secluded and confined and they are smart but at the end of the day, it is the real world you have to deal with.

Us: How are the children enjoying their freedom?

LJ: Michael did not want them to be exposed to the world because he felt that the world was corrupted. When they speak to me I just listen and go, 'oh really what makes you think that?' I never bring a subject up that is too personal because I want them to feel comfortable. They are going to the movies and doing all the things their dad restricted them from doing. Before they could only watch the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon when it was allotted to them once or twice a week for an hour. He spent time telling them, 'what book did you read today? Read another book.'

Last edited:

I think if Prince is keeping a low profile and keeping things private is the smart way to go.

Amen to that. It's disturbing enough seeing how open Paris is out there to the public (don't even get me started with all those kittish - young school girl pinup - bedroom posing...) so I am happy Prince is private and I hope Blanket will do the same.

I was thinking about it.... What must be done to the person to prove who she is and so have the account verified?

Back in the day she would have had to hold a sign up showing her name and twitter account page in a photo and e-mail it to the staff at twitter. She already has the sign thing done, but I think now there is more to the process....

Amen to that. It's disturbing enough seeing how open Paris is out there to the public (don't even get me started with all those kittish - young school girl pinup - bedroom posing...) so I am happy Prince is private and I hope Blanket will do the same.

You haven't seen the YouTube videos of Blanket?

I'm not dumb, don't try to drag me down to your level. I read and understood what you said. You clearly don't have a clue about understanding what I said.

Hmmmm....if you were UP to my level you would have understood what I wrote.

No one claimed to be in Paris' head....If you had understood that I was just stating a hypothesis...or a possibility....why the hell did you bother jumping on me? Where exactly did I present my theory as fact? Chhhhhh

^^ LOOOOOL If he were 'up' to your level? How condescending! A little humility could go a long way ;)

hmm...well, perhaps you should have said 'but deep down she MAY be questioning everything she's been told'....You don't need to be condescending towards people's comprehension skills....all you had to do was clarify..

Hmmmm....if you were UP to my level you would have understood what I wrote.

No one claimed to be in Paris' head....If you had understood that I was just stating a hypothesis...or a possibility....why the hell did you bother jumping on me? Where exactly did I present my theory as fact? Chhhhhh

Alright, I guess I have to explain. You wrote this:

She may put on a brave face and say she is 100% Jackson....but deep down inside is questioning everything she's been told.

This makes it sound like you're saying, "She may put on a brave face (opinion from what you've seen eg. her responses on Twitter) .... deep down inside is questioning everything she's been told (you make this sound like a fact)".

Back