Paris Jackson on Ellen Show December 15 Thursday

http://www.eonline.com/news/paris_j...tm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

So many fans have faced the tragedy of seeing an icon pass away, but we can only imagine the effect Michael Jackson's death had on his children.

Luckily, Paris Jackson lets us know while appearing on Ellen (airing Thursday) that she will use her father's memory as inspiration to follow her dreams. The young Miss Jackson also discusses her latest acting gig, explains what it was like to wear a mask as a child and shares the most memorable thing her father told her.

We might be surprised to hear about Paris' latest film endeavors, but she explains that it was a long time coming.

Jackson tells Ellen DeGeneres that she's wanted to act since "I was really little. My dad was in the movie Moonwalker and I knew he could sing really well, but I didn't know he could act. I saw that and I said, 'Wow, I want to be just like him.'

"We would do improv together. He would give us little scenarios. He would say, 'OK, in this scene, you're going to cry,' and I'd cry on the spot."

Quite the useful talent to have as a child, if we do say so ourselves.

Growing up wearing a mask must have seemed strange to the young girl, but Paris realizes that her father was only doing this to protect her and give her the chance of a normal childhood.

"I'm like, This is stupid. Why am I wearing a mask? But I kind of realized the older I got like he only tried to protect us and he'd explain that to us, too."

And as far as the most memorable thing Jackson has said to Paris...

"He said, 'If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you.' I took his advice and I remembered everything he told me."

Hard to believe she's only 13...and wow that quote of her father's is eery..

Hmm...my DVR guide has Paris scheduled for Wednesday's show - and Lindsay Lohan for Thursday heh. Oh well, I will record both days just to be safe.

right but did anyone notice the way that paris said that when she started Buckley because no one knew who she was,,she said now I can be "normal"...theres that word again. They were aloud to be what they call "normal" BECAUSE Michael made them wear those masks. I remember Michael telling a story about Paris when she was llittle about her attending a birthday party and NONE of the other people knew WHO she was because HE protected his children with the masks. I really hope that they are grateful for that because that was HIS doing that they had a normal childhood NOT Katherine's..she has done EVERYTHING but give them a "normal childhood...blah,,,the hell with this..

You are blowing things way out of proportion. When Paris said she was happy that she had a chance to be "normal", she meant that she enjoyed the fact that she was able to go to school, and be treated just like all the other kids. I'm sure she knows that she's able to do that thanks to her father. She also said at first she thought the masks were stupid, but the older she got the more she realized her father was only trying to protect her. SHE KNOWS THAT. You can't fault her for being a young child, and not understanding why Michael made her do that, but she gets it now. Why are you so angry?

suzynyc;3558734 said:
Hard to believe she's only 13...and wow that quote of her father's is eery..

Hmm...my DVR guide has Paris scheduled for Wednesday's show - and Lindsay Lohan for Thursday heh. Oh well, I will record both days just to be safe.

Lindsay Lohan Skips 'Ellen' Taping, Report Says
Published December 13, 2011 foxnews.com

LOS ANGELES – Lindsay Lohan skipped out on her taping of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," where she was due to discuss her Playboy photo shoot.
Sources told Gossip Cop that Lohan did not get on her flight from Hawaii to Los Angeles to tape the show.

Paris Jackson, Michael Jackson's daughter, filled in for Lohan's absence, taking a seat on DeGeneres' couch.

"Not a call or an apology from Lindsay," a source at the show told the gossip website.
But the actress' rep Steve Honig told E! News that, "Lindsay had a travel-related issue arise that took a few hours to sort out. It has been resolved and she will be back in Los Angeles in time for her court appearance."
Lohan's appearance on "Ellen" was booked two months ago. It was part of her contractual obligation to Playboy magazine, whose January/February cover she appeared on for the rumored price of $1 million, the New York Post reported.
The original purpose of Lohan's talk show appearance was for her to unveil her Playboy spread, but that concept was complicated when the cover and 10 interior images were leaked last week on a file-sharing website based in the Ukraine.
Lohan had headed to Hawaii to attend the Billabong Pipeline Masters surf competition, which honored her friend, professional surfer Andy Irons, who died last year. While there, she reportedly had $10,000 stolen out of her purse at a house party.
Lohan is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday morning for a progress report on her community service at the Los Angeles county morgue. In advance of the hearing, sources had shared that Lohan had been a "model probationer."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...skips-ellen-taping-report-says/#ixzz1gUZXM0lC

^^Wow, thanks. Why am I not surprised by this, lol? I would much rather see sweet Paris than that Lohan who still has a lot of growing up to do.

I keep asking myself why a 13 year old is being interviewed on a chat show. other than the obvious reasons and all i can do is smdhand i see paris is now using the normal word. the jacksons brainwashing is goin well. the only reason she could go to buckley and be normal was because mj protected them

Last edited:
I keep asking myself why a 13 year old is being interviewed on a chat show. other than the obvious reasons and all i can do is smdhand i see paris is now using the normal word. the jacksons brainwashing is goin well. the only reason she could go to buckley and be normal was because mj protected them
my thoughts exactly. guess grandma and her leeching relatives did a great job with the brain washing.
I'm not going to lie about this, though this is Michael's daughter, I don't like what's going on one bit, not at all. But I guess I'd have to live with it, cuz the Jackson's aren't going to stop and neither will she.
It can only get worse in the future.

honestly, I didn't find anything wrong with Paris using the word "normal" in that context. she said that because no one knew who she was she could have a normal life in school. and Ellen said that no one recognised her because of the masks.

she said that because no one knew who she was she could have a normal life in school. and Ellen said that no one recognised her because of the masks.

I understand what she meant, and I dont see anything offensive or harmful in it; that being said I hope the media will report it like it should : not twisted.

I find it all iffy to me and like many of you guys i reckon she is being brainwashed too. I know she has had to grow up faster these past two years ever since michael passed away but i dont know something just doesnt feel right, or maybe its just me i dont know

Gosh!!!

Paris is quite the BEAUTY!

I'm a mother of 13yo girl and 15 yo boy. Much like Paris and Prince. So I'm not a perve or anything like that.

Re: Paris Jackson begins acting career - Lundon's Bridge - Summary of the book @pg42

That last part about MJ telling her to remember everything he told her made me go, wow.....I kinda got a bit of the shivers hearing her say that.

I wonder what the circumstances were when he said that

Ps, Paris is a great speaker, confident and mature. Im glad to see how well-spoken she is at this age.

Last edited:
The media are already running with the "stupid" comment. guess the family will be happy. and i hope thats lesson learnt number one of many for paris

I find it all iffy to me and like many of you guys i reckon she is being brainwashed too. I know she has had to grow up faster these past two years ever since michael passed away but i dont know something just doesnt feel right, or maybe its just me i dont know

she's a pre-teen that enjoys the "freedom".

I grew up in an highly disciplined and strict family and it's hard to appreciate it when you are kid. Any freedom you get seems to be perfect.

Watch the media run with "Stupid masks"

that was my point yesterday,,,that is why I got so upset. I want nothing more than for these children to be happy well adjusted and successful people. Also what I DO want is for Michael to get the credit for what he did for his children...and the people that they are today,,,that is HIS doing. He really was an incredible father,,and that SHOULD be obvious to the world when they see and hear these children, Thats all

When Paris says she was able to go to school and be normal, she admits she was able to do so because no one knew who she was because she wore masks. She admits when she was younger, she didn't understand why she wore the masks. But she said when she got older she understood. Isn't it logical that as a younger child she also didn't uderstand who her father was either. As she got older, who he was and the need for anonymity would be clearer.

After MJ's death, I remember saying that once she and Prince were fighting and MJ told them he would not always be around so they had to take care of each other. Maybe this was the context that she is speaking of.

MOD NOTE: I know as MJ fans we are poised to attack because we want to voraciously defend MJ. Anyone in our path is not safe. But we have to be very careful not to heap anger upon those who don't deserve it. Nothing Paris or Ellen said in that interview is worthy of any attacks on them. Please carefully watch and listen to things before we react.

On the other hand, even if Paris did say something wrong, we are surely not going to lynch her or Ellen. While I think Paris being in the spotlight opens her up to a lot of criticism, I don't think any of that should at this time stem from MJJC. We can certainly do better than that.

Thank you.

she's a pre-teen that enjoys the "freedom".

I grew up in an highly disciplined and strict family and it's hard to appreciate it when you are kid. Any freedom you get seems to be perfect.
I think that's what's dangerous here, what could be dangerous all the freedom she's got, while her grandma is in Japan nuturing her 60 plus year old sons, this 13 year old kid was chit chatting with a talkshow host, just last week she was meeting a random 18 year old whom she only knew from social networking sites, I mean wth is wrong? Why is 13 year old allowed to do whatever the heck she wants? Since when is this called raising? As far as I'm concerned those kids just happen to share the same address with Katherine, they're not being raised by her.

When Paris says she was able to go to school and be normal, she admits she was able to do so because no one knew who she was because she wore masks. She admits when she was younger, she didn't understand why she wore the masks. But she said when she got older she understood. Isn't it logical that as a younger child she also didn't uderstand who her father was either. As she got older, who he was and the need for anonymity would be clearer.

After MJ's death, I remember saying that once she and Prince were fighting and MJ told them he would not always be around so they had to take care of each other. Maybe this was the context that she is speaking of.

MOD NOTE: I know as MJ fans we are poised to attack because we want to voraciously defend MJ. Anyone in our path is not safe. But we have to be very careful not to heap anger upon those who don't deserve it. Nothing Paris or Ellen said in that interview is worthy of any attacks on them. Please carefully watch and listen to things before we react.

On the other hand, even if Paris did say something wrong, we are surely not going to lynch her or Ellen. While I think Paris being in the spotlight opens her up to a lot of criticism, I don't think any of that should at this time stem from MJJC. We can certainly do better than that.

Thank you.

your post IS true..Michael DID say that he didn't want his children to know what it was that he did,,,he wanted to be just "daddy" to them. I also agree that Paris REALLY didnt say anything that was that terrible. Like I said I just lost it a little yesterday because we have heard that word "normal" come out of SO many people mouths since June 25th..that when I heard it come out of hers,,,even though she may not of ment it is the same context...I flipped. People can blame me and hold it against me if the want..I am fine with that..it was a simple reaction to a word. I DO believe that Paris has taken what it is her father has given her and she holds it sacred inside her. Lets just see how the rest of this interview,,,and the one's in the future will go. Because THIS is going to be just one of MANY interviews.

The media is taking it out of context and making a big deal out of it.

your post IS true..Michael DID say that he didn't want his children to know what it was that he did,,,he wanted to be just "daddy" to them. I also agree that Paris REALLY didnt say anything that was that terrible. Like I said I just lost it a little yesterday because we have heard that word "normal" come out of SO many people mouths since June 25th..that when I heard it come out of hers,,,even though she may not of ment it is the same context...I flipped. People can blame me and hold it against me if the want..I am fine with that..it was a simple reaction to a word. I DO believe that Paris has taken what it is her father has given her and she holds it sacred inside her. Lets just see how the rest of this interview,,,and the one's in the future will go. Because THIS is going to be just one of MANY interviews.

edited to add...Ellen has some class when interviewing children...maybe this will be the only interview Paris will do for now. But we better know that as she gets older and does do other media interviews...the kinds of qquestions that she will be asked about WILL change...not all interviewers are nice...as we know. There WILL be THOSE types of questions...and seeing as they have her in the chair...they WILL ask what ever it is they want...and being of a young age..who knows what is liable to be said. She is articulate and well spoken yes,,but she IS still a kid

Has the interview aired on TV?

tomorrow

paris-jackson-on-ellen.jpg

Paris-Jackson-On-The-Ellen-Degeneres-Show-prince-michael-jackson-27644975-738-424.png

tumblr_lw72syKZvq1r0kva7o1_500.jpg

Paris is quite a remarkable young girl. She radiates confidence. I hope she continues to learn and grow as a person. It's nice to hear from her that she takes the words from Michael seriously and will always remember what Michael taught her. Like I mentioned in my other post, I still remember what my dad told me and the images of him playing with me are still vivid in my mind. My dad passed away when I was 12 and I'm 31 now.

All my best wishes to Miss Jackson!

Paris Jackson is ready to become a star in her own right.

The late Michael Jackson's 13-year-old daughter recently scored the lead role in her first-ever feature film, the underwater fantasy flick Lundon' Bridge and the Three Keys, and spoke on Wednesday's Ellen DeGeneres Show about the career move.

"I love acting," Jackson, in her first-ever solo interview, tells Ellen DeGeneres.
Her inspiration came early on -- and from her late dad, once a child star himself.

"When I was really little," Jackson said, "My Dad was in the movie Moonwalker, and I knew he could sing really well, but I didn’t know he could act. I saw that and I said, 'Wow, I want to be just like him.'"

She and the pop superstar, who died in 2009 at age 50, would then "improv together," she explained. "He would go 'OK, in this scene, you're going to cry.' And I'd cry on the spot!"

Paris, who says she now has a "regular childhood" and feels "normal" attending private school, admitted to DeGeneres she didn't always love going out with her dad and her brothers Blanket and Prince wearing masks.
"I [was] like 'This is stupid why am I wearing a mask?' But I kind of realized the older I got like he only tried to protect us and he'd explain that to us too," she recalled.

The most memorable thing the "Thriller" icon told his daughter?
"He said, if I die tomorrow always remember what I told you," she recalled touchingly. "I took his advice and I remembered everything he told me."

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...-want-to-be-just-like-my-dad-michael-20111412

the other thing I wanted to add..lets NOT lose sight as to WHY it is Paris is on Ellen to begin with, They dont have enough funds to make this film...so they have put Paris's face on it,,,they are putting her on these talk shows in hopes that she will drum up sponsorship and funds for this project to become a reality. At the end of the day,,it is ,,what it is,,,and Paris is being used to forfill these people dreams that THEY themselves have NOT been able to do since 2007. Now please dont get angry because I am pointing this out,,,I am just trying to stick to the facts here, Paris's dream of being an actress will come true...as it should. However THESE folks have used HER for THEIR dreams to come true.

Paris Jackson Fills In For Missing Lindsay On Ellen; Says Wearing Masks Was 'Stupid,' But Well-Meaning

By Radar Staff

When Lindsay Lohan missed her flight to Los Angeles from Hawaii on Tuesday - and a scheduled taping of The Ellen DeGeneres show - the program pulled a coup, booking Paris Jackson, the daughter of late pop legend Michael Jackson, in her first ever solo interview.

After some discussion about her foray into acting, Ellen and Paris, 13, discussed her father's famous habit of disguising his children up in masks during public outings.

Paris told Ellen that she's enjoying school and feels like she's having a normal childhood. Despite her famous family, Paris said she wasn't recognized by her classmates, which gives her "a chance to be normal."

“They didn’t know who you were because you used to wear masks all the time," Ellen remarked. "When you would wear the masks do you remember thinking, because obviously your dad did that to protect you so nobody would know who you are and you could go out and have a regular life.

"Do you remember wearing a mask and going this is kind of weird?" Ellen asked Paris, who said, "Yeah, I’m like, 'This is stupid, why am I wearing a mask?' But, I, kind of realized the older I got, like he only tried to protect us and he’d explain that to us too."

In another candid moment, Paris shared with Ellen the most memorable thing her late father told her.

"He said, 'If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you," Paris recalled. "I took his advice and I remembered everything he told me.'"

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...n-lindsay-lohan-ellen-degeneres-masks-michael

Back