Paris Jackson on Ellen Show December 15 Thursday

A comment from the 'Daily Mail' article about the interview regarding the masks:

Yes, the masks were a little unusual, but it worked. Even before Jackson died, the kids would often go out with other people without the masks on and no one knew who they were, and the paparazzi didn't follow them. They only wore the masks when they went out with their dad. Considering how much of a circus followed Michael Jackson followed Michael Jackson around in his life, these kids grew up incredibly well adjusted, polite and well educated. Compare that with many of the kids of other Hollywood celebrities. Whatever Michael Jackson's eccentricities may have been, he did the absolute best he could for his children and protected them very well - considering he was probably the most famous man on the planet.

Read more: Paris admit's father Michael Jackson's attempts to hide his children's faces with masks was 'stupid' | Mail Online

The majority of the media are always going to twist things around. It would not have made any difference what Paris had to say, they would put their spin on it regardless. Michael was so wise when he decided less was more! Bless young Paris, she's a lovely young lady, her father taught her well.

I might sound mean, but I hope she sees the headlines on line, and how her words were used against her dad. If she wants to be a public figure, she'll have to realize she's not perceived as any other celeb's kid, and what her dad had to go through. She'll have to learn how cautious she must be. She has no idea what she's getting into.

and that is the thing right there...she needs to be TAUGHT how do interview from this point on out. We know that Paris would NEVER want to say anything that would make her OR her dad look or sound bad. That to me is obvious, Like you say I think she may need to be told what is and is not ok to say in an interview. I think that only comes with age and experience,,the more she does the better she will get at learning HOW to word what it is she wants to say, Also I keep reminding myself that NO MATTER HOW she words it,,,the media will ALWAYS find a way to twist it, I really do think that as she gets older and does do more interviews that if she is asked a question that is out of line...I REALLY do think that she will set the record straight,,,she comes across to me a spit-fire....so that there is in her favor. She will definitely need that to survive the media. I doubt she will take any crap.

I might sound mean, but I hope she sees the headlines on line, and how her words were used against her dad. If she wants to be a public figure, she'll have to realize she's not perceived as any other celeb's kid, and what her dad had to go through. She'll have to learn how cautious she must be. She has no idea what she's getting into.
the sooner she learns the truth about alot of things and ppl the better before its to late

I swear that the headline writer at the daily mail is DDimond. This was the paper who when the rabbi tapes were published and mj was heard saying that hitler was good at propaganda, declared in its headline that mj was a nazi sympathiser. Paris was led into that 'stupid' remark by ellen saying were'nt the masks weird? (i'm sure innocently enough as ellen seems ok.) Even an adult would find it difficult, if not impossible, to make sure EVERY word cannot be taken out of context and be seen negatively. It just shows the media are hell-bent on a mission to destroy any image of mj as a good parent.

Even an adult would find it difficult, if not impossible, to make sure EVERY word cannot be taken out of context and be seen negatively. It just shows the media are hell-bent on a mission to destroy any image of mj as a good parent.

It would be hard even for an informed grown up, let alone an innnocent teenager who has no idea about the media witch hunt against her dad. That's one more area where she would need advice, and guidance. Too bad. :(

She does not need to learn how to do interviews she should not be doing them at all

'If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you,

can't believe he said that to her, honestly. "If i die tommorow" sounds a bit strange. Why would he say such things to his child?
anyway people around Paris should remember what he told and thought about more often than now

i think we all know what the "smart" thing to do is for Paris to stay out of the spotlight until she's ready.. obviously she plans to step into it sooner though! I do believe she is stronger than we think, plus her in the spotlight as Paris MJ's daughter away from Michael brings less insanity than being Paris walking around with Michael Meaning is she's allready been through so much that she most likely will never have to again.. The hiding going into hotels, the hundreds of people stalking at all times. She was born into that.. Maybe Katherine is not doing the smart thing and allowing it, maybe she does not eel like she should prevent her dream. Like all her other grandkids that try to make careers of there own and manage pretty normal lifes...

It is sad how the media would want to twist what seemed to be a perfectly pleasant interview. But this too shall pass.

can't believe he said that to her, honestly. "If i die tommorow" sounds a bit strange. Why would he say such things to his child? anyway people around Paris should remember what he told and thought about more often than now
Agree

can't believe he said that to her, honestly. "If i die tommorow" sounds a bit strange. Why would he say such things to his child?

I've said that to my child before to get him to pay attention when I was trying to teach him something important that he would need to remember later in life.

She does not need to learn how to do interviews she should not be doing them at all

Thank you!

I find it a shame that fans are being bashed for voicing their opinion on this. I find it all exploitation. Her "career" can wait, imo.

anyway people around Paris should remember what he told and thought about more often than now

he did I am sure,

I've said that to my child before to get him to pay attention when I was trying to teach him something important that he would need to remember later in life.

So have I, Its not as if you are trying to scare your children into thinking..Oh My my parent is going to die tomorrow...its like you say,,it has an important meaning behind it, For example...when my two kids were young and they use to fight,,I use to tell them those same words..If I die tomorrow,,,you two are all that each other has,,,so you really need to work out your differences and stop the arguing, Will it make a difference after I am gone? Who knows...but Paris definitely remembers what her dad said to her,,,and that is a great thing,

Found one nice article, thought it would help the mood...

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 Paris Jackson’s Ellen Interview Makes Us Want To Protect Her Even More

Shortly after it was announced that Paris Jackson will make her movie debut in the live-action/animated film Lundon’s Bridge and the Three Keys, which begins filming next year, the 13-year-old stopped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show for a chat that will air on Thursday. And immediately upon seeing excerpts of her interview, we want to whisk her away and protect her for a few more years. She’s luminous and poised —- not at all suffering from the awkwardness normal people endure at her age. But she also has an air of gentleness, not unlike her father’s, that makes us worry that the world will want to eat her up too soon.
Paris told Ellen she loves going to school (she and Prince go to the Buckley School in Sherman Oaks) and feels like she has a “regular childhood” these days. “When I came to Buckley, they didn’t know who I was, so I was like, ‘Yes! I have a chance to be normal,’ ” she said, still kind of breaking our hearts.
Ellen asked if she thought her dad’s practice of making her and her brothers wear masks in public is what gave her that chance to be normal, and she agreed, though she wasn’t a fan of it at first.
“I’m like, ‘This is stupid, why am I wearing a mask?’ But I kind of realized the older I got that he only tried to protect us. He explained that to us, too,” Paris said.

Ellen took the opportunity to pull on our heartstrings a little more, asking about the most memorable thing Michael ever told her. And Paris took the bait: “If I die tomorrow, always remember what I told you,” she said. “And I remembered everything he told me.”
Oh, man. We might have to watch the full interview in private tomorrow to avoid embarrassing desk-sobbing scenes.

http://www.thefablife.com/2011-12-14/paris-jackson-ellen-degeneres-interview/

It does sound a bit strange, I agree; but parents sometimes try to be realistic.

I have said such things to my son. He is 15. My dad was but 16, when he walked into his kitchen one day and witnessed his mother falling to the ground while having a stroke, and she died right there before his eyes. The only reason I know this story is because from a very little girl I would trace my fingers over a faded tattoo high on my dad's left arm, and I would ask him what the letters floating on a drawn banner in the middle of it said. He told me they spelled, "Mother" and told me what had happened to her in front of him, and how soon afterwards, full of emotion, he rushed out to the nearest tattoo palour and got that tattoo, for he was so afraid he might forget her... and how much she meant to him. He couldn't let that happen. So that's what he did...at 16.

As a parent you have to think about how your child will be, how they'll do, if something should happen to you. Some of you even in these recent threads about Paris have even shared about losing a parent around her age or even younger. Thank you for sharing, by the way. :hug: It is a very, very sad reality, and it sounds like it was quite important to Michael to check in with his kids now and then to ascertain if they had really ingested the wisdom he imparted to them about life all along.

And I think Paris was pleased to communicate that she did her best to do just that. :)

I hope people understand WHY some are SO up and arms about Paris and movies,,interviews...it has to be plain and obvious that we DON"T want her to suffer the SAME way that we watched her dad suffer with the media,,,and the world opinions in general. I know Paris THINKS that she is ready for all of this,,but we all KNOW that there is NO WAY that she is, Michael was a 50 year old man,,,and HE with all of HIS experience with this world ,,WASN'T even ready for it. I really, really worry for her, However there is NOTHING that I can do...except...accept that this is happening,,there really is NOT anything else TO do,

I understand why you are upset, xthunderx2. It comes from a place of caring. And that you don't want any harm to come to any of Michael's children. You have a big heart. :)

tbh my stupid mother has told me this a million times.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/conrad_murray_in_shackles_asks/280479

this might cheer everyone up abit. murrays going around with a ball and chain and has a cell next to a murderer. if only the cells were accidently left open

thx for posting this is indeed great news, if true I hope the sherrifs continues to treat him like the scum he is.

I think she did really well on Ellen though the reasons for that interview isn't one I like. Since the Lundon Bridge project been around since 07 and only now will be a major motion picture cause of her connection with her dad. I also think that whole normal thing she loves so much is now shot to hell since she rather now be an actress and on TV doing interviews instead of just finishing schoool first. It will be much more easier for people to reconize her even more now since MJ passed away and the masked came off if she's on TV doing interviews and making movies...so goodbye "Normal."

tbh my stupid mother has told me this a million times.

Do you truly view your mother as being stupid, twinklEE? It seems like maybe your mother has disappointed you too many times for you to give her this kind of a description. That would be hard for a daughter. I'm sorry. And I understand what it is like to have a sister (with you it seems it's two) who is more cerebral than you. My sister is much more intelligent than I am; she is a biochemist. But no one after reading several of your posts would think you are lacking in intelligence. You are very bright. Even though your brand of intelligence might look different than your two sisters you are sandwiched between. :)

Back on topic, I am looking forward to seeing what else Paris and Ellen might end up chit-chattin' about on the show tomorrow.

Do you truly view your mother as being stupid, twinklEE? It seems like maybe your mother has disappointed you too many times for you to give her this kind of a description. That would be hard for a daughter. I'm sorry. And I understand what it is like to have a sister (with you it seems it's two) who is more cerebral than you. My sister is much more intelligent than I am; she is a biochemist. But no one after reading several of your posts would think you are lacking in intelligence. You are very bright. Even though your brand of intelligence might look different than your two sisters you are sandwiched between. :)

Back on topic, I am looking forward to seeing what else Paris and Ellen might end up chit-chattin' about on the show tomorrow.
when my mom gets on my nerves I call her stupid, and it has nothing to do with her disappointing me, but with her getting on my damn nerves. i could very much do without her lectures. it's hard to be a sandwich kid for sure. dont wanna derail this topic .
but thanks :)

As for Paris, I truly hope she's aware of what she's doing, imho she's too young for this

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson’s daughter says she was inspired to be an actress after seeing her father in the film “Moonwalker.”

“My dad was in the movie ‘Moonwalker’ and I knew he could sing really well, but I didn’t know he could act,” Paris Jackson told talk show host Ellen DeGeneres, according to a transcript of the episode to air Thursday. “I saw that and I said, ‘Wow, I want to be just like him.’”
The film featuring Jackson’s signature dance move and other videos was released in 1988.
Paris said her father encouraged her and did improvisation sessions to develop her skills. The 13-year-old has been cast alongside Larry King in a film based on a new children’s book, “Lundon’s Bridge and the Three Keys,” which is in early stages of development.
The Internet Movie Database, known as IMDB, shows the film is tentatively scheduled for a 2013 release, although filmmakers have not presented the teen’s proposed acting contract to a Los Angeles court as required because she is a minor.

Paris also talked about the lengths that her father took to protect her identity for an episode that will air on Thursday.
She said she has had a normal childhood, thanks to her father’s decision to place her and her two brothers in masks when they were in public.
She said no one recognized her when she began attending school after her father’s death in June 2009.
“I was like, yes, I have a chance to be normal,” she said.

The pop superstar protected his children’s identities, dressing them in costumes and covering their faces when they were in public. They have since been in the public eye, appearing onstage at their father’s televised memorial service, the Grammy Awards and other television appearances.
She said she initially thought wearing the mask was stupid, but later came to realize that it was for her and her brothers’ protection.
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainme...daughter-tells-ellen-about-acting-dreams.html

Very sweet.

Not all media are evil...

http://thestir.cafemom.com/teen/130119/michael_jacksons_daughter_will_make

[h=1]Michael Jackson's Daughter Will Make You Feel Better About Your Parenting[/h] Posted by Jeanne Sager on December 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM

po0a7vn0g01azzo.jpg
Parents, credit for the best thing you'll hear all day goes to Paris Jackson. The teenage daughter of the late Michael Jackson has booked her first major acting role and granted Ellen DeGeneres her first solo interview. And what she says about her famous father may just make you cry tears of joy.
Remember the masks Paris and brothers Blanket and Prince used to wear when they were out in public with the King of Pop? It turns out she hated them. Color me not surprised: the masks were a little off-putting to the rest of us, but as adults, I think most of us got it.
Michael was one of the world's most famous men, and he was being chased by paparazzi. Protecting his kids was part of the job. And who hasn't tried to protect their kids, only to have the kids chafe at the restrictions? It turns out we're all a lot more like Michael Jackson than we ever realized.
But now that she's older, Paris has the benefit of hindsight, and she's come to appreciate her dad all the more. Ah, thank goodness for the wisdom of advancing years! It seems like things really clicked when Paris started private school after her father's death at age 50 in 2009. Because her identity had been shrouded by her dad, she was able to start school as an unknown and enjoy a "normal" life with her peers:
I was like, this is stupid, why am I wearing a mask? But I kinda realized the older I got he only wanted to protect us, and he explained it to us, too.
Oh thank you, Paris, thank you, and another thank you! This girl just reminded us of the one thing every parent needs to know to keep us from tearing our hair out: they will figure out we're on their side ... one day!
Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but for all those awful warnings that the teen years are the most troubling, they're also marked by the glorious thing that is a brain developed enough to reason. You can explain things to teenagers the way you can't a little kid. They can begin to put their past complaints in context and start to realize you are not actually Satan.
Folks, put Paris' words in the back of your mind, and feel free to pull them out the next time your kid tells you you're the worst mom in the world because you dared forbid them from getting a ride home from school with the town's worst driver, from that boy/girl sleepover where there will be drinking, from going to that rave ... need I go on? This will enable you to keep your sanity while they call you everything but a nice person.
Do you feel some days like your kids just don't get that you are trying to help them?

Back