Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging [Pepsi Promo /Can discussion]

Re: Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging

The man who posted the photo said he bought it.

I will try to ask for more details.

Thanks for the news. Do you guys remember the Pepsi commercial at the beginning of the "Moonwalker" VHS ? I wonder if we'll see it on TV in a few months, it would be SO cool. "The Magic Begins".

Guys, the design is real, just confirmed by Chinese Pepsi!

7cbc3a69jw1dsao2wlp4tj.jpg

WTF, what's this!!

Seems legit. I actually kinda like it.

I also like it!
What should be wrong?
It's new, yet classic...
I hope there will be different ones!

Looks awesome, hope it comes to the UK :)

Guys, the design is real, just confirmed by Chinese Pepsi!

Check this article out: http://www.mcwade.com/DesignTalk/2009/02/does-pepsis-new-logo-work/

Pepsi had a new logo and typeface out back in 2009. The logo and typeface on the can you posted were replaced, at least here in United States. Is the new Pepsi logo being used in China?

I think it doesn't make sense for Pepsi to revert back to a former design just for this commerorative packaging. A corporation spends tons of money on branding. Once it settles for a new logo, Pepsi wants people to remember and associate with the new logo. Why would Pepsi want to confuse consumers by flip floping new and old designs?

If Pepsi wants to revert to old design for this particular MJ can, it makes more sense to use the design back in the 80's (BAD era), which looked very different as well. Pepsi has changed its logo several times in the past decades.

EXCLUSIVE:

OFFICIAL BAD 25 DESIGN BY PEPSI CHINA

7a076bb2gw1dsb6s4khruj.jpg

Omg!!

I have no idea whether the new Pepsi logo is being used globally. At least, in the US, the new logo has been used for a while now. Check out pepsi.com and see how Pepsi is using the new round logo (that looks like Obama's campaign logo) everywhere on its page. So, I highly doubt the Chinese design will be carried out in the US. Of course, there is always a possibility that Pepsi reverts to the replaced logo.

For fans outside of U.S., have you seen the new logo I'm talking about?

I have no idea whether the new Pepsi logo is being used globally. At least, in the US, the new logo has been used for a while now. Check out pepsi.com and see how Pepsi is using the new round logo (that looks like Obama's campaign logo) everywhere on its page. So, I highly doubt the Chinese design will be carried out in the US. Of course, there is always a possibility that Pepsi reverts to the replaced logo.

For fans outside of U.S., have you seen the new logo I'm talking about?

As far as I know, the old logo is still used in several markets internationally and I think China is one of the countries who still has the old logo. I remember reading an article at the time, when Pepsi was introducing the new logo, and I specifically remember reading about Pepsi not introducing it's new logo on in the Chinese market for some reason. I'll try to find that article.

As far as I know, the old logo is still used in several markets internationally and I think China is one of the countries who still has the old logo. I remember reading an article at the time, when Pepsi was introducing the new logo, and I specifically remember reading about Pepsi not introducing it's new logo on in the Chinese market for some reason. I'll try to find that article.

Thanks. That may explain why the old logo is still being used in the Chinese market. When Pepsi changed its logo, it caused quite a discussion here in the US. Many people think the new logo looks "boring" and too similar to the Obama campaign logo. I have seen large scale commercial campaign everywhere when Pepsi introduced the new logo. It's now being used in all TV ads - on the x-factor one and the Sofia Vergara one.

Like I said, I highly doubt the same Chinese design will be used in the US market and markets where the new logo is introduced.

OMG!

Is this true or is it just fanmade?

I think it's true because mkgenie is president of one of the MJ fan clubs in China. If I'm not mistaken, he/she still is :)

And Love is magical is right about the old logo :yes:

Waw some of you are really up to date on Pepsi marketing. The Chinese one is beautiful and I would buy it if it comes to the US. I love the way you can see the buttons on the shoes.

Thanks. That may explain why the old logo is still being used in the Chinese market. When Pepsi changed its logo, it caused quite a discussion here in the US. Many people think the new logo looks "boring" and too similar to the Obama campaign logo. I have seen large scale commercial campaign everywhere when Pepsi introduced the new logo. It's now being used in all TV ads - on the x-factor one and the Sofia Vergara one.

Like I said, I highly doubt the same Chinese design will be used in the US market and markets where the new logo is introduced.

Yeah, I assume they'll use a version with the new logo in the markets that have that one, though the design will probably be similar if not identical to this one (apart from the actual logo of course). I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, here's the article I mentioned. It's an interesting read actually.

"PepsiCo may not introduce its new logo in China market..."

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bw/2009-02/23/content_7501184.htm

Seems to be true. China still has the old logo. New logo seems to be mainly used in USA.

Although Pepsi has a new logo in the United States, they still have the old one used in China.

http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Pepsi_(China)

"We do not know if the new logo will hit markets outside the US," PepsiCo China said in a statement.

http://www.cctv.com/program/bizchina/20090223/105476.shtml

Yeah, I assume they'll use a version with the new logo in the markets that have that one, though the design will probably be similar if not identical to this one (apart from the actual logo of course). I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, here's the article I mentioned. It's an interesting read actually.

"PepsiCo may not introduce its new logo in China market..."

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bw/2009-02/23/content_7501184.htm

Thanks again! :huggy:

I'm into logo design. I'm not a graphic designer. But, I'm impressed by how designers can come up with iconic logos with simple lines and curves.

Apple, Mercedez, McDonald's, HSBC are among my favorites. Simplicity is the ultimate beauty... Sounding like Steve Jobs here... Lol..

I have a question...

Pepsi broke with MJ in '93 due to the accusations - did MJ and Pepsi ever work together again after that while MJ was alive? Or how was the relation between MJ and Pepsi after '93?

EXCLUSIVE: MORE PHOTOS

012643pqhu7uzqh2zzjqs0.jpg

Thanks mkgenie - looks great!!

I can't wait for them to come to Denmark!!

Do you know if it is only cans or will normal plastic 0.5, 1.5 and 2 liter colas also get MJ on?

I wonder if the other types of pepsi (diet, pepsi max, etc) will also have the commemorative packaging. It would be cool to see it in the various color schemes of the other products. I think the black background for pepsi max would work really well.

Could anyone translate what's written on the can?

Could anyone translate what's written on the can?

U really wanna know the percentage of sugar, aromates and othe different ingredients?

U really wanna know the percentage of sugar, aromates and othe different ingredients?

Don't you want to know how much Badness they put in that thing?

They should just start showing this commercial for the Bad Anniversary!:vishenka_34:

omg, thank you so much for the memories, I just love, love this commercial, he is soooo sexy in it. Just great, I'm hoping we get to see it again with this new project.

Since when did Pepsi drop him because of the allegations? They dropped him after the tour ended. This was what they were sponsoring, it ended. The entire merchandising world were calling for them to drop him. I have the news clips to prove it. There were even Coca-Cola advertisements in the newspaper mocking Michael's dehydration. They finished with him when his tour ended which was 3-4 months. The official quote was ''Our agreement with Michael Jackson have always been event driven.Our agreement for this era was to promote this particular tour and this tour has ended, that ends our agreement.'' If they were to dump him because of the allegations, they would've done it much quicker than 3-4 months.

Back