Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging [Pepsi Promo /Can discussion]

Re: Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging

Since when did Pepsi drop him because of the allegations? They dropped him after the tour ended. This was what they were sponsoring, it ended. The entire merchandising world were calling for them to drop him. I have the news clips to prove it. There were even Coca-Cola advertisements in the newspaper mocking Michael's dehydration. They finished with him when his tour ended which was 3-4 months. The official quote was ''Our agreement with Michael Jackson have always been event driven.Our agreement for this era was to promote this particular tour and this tour has ended, that ends our agreement.'' If they were to dump him because of the allegations, they would've done it much quicker than 3-4 months.

That's a disguised way of saying we drop you. Read between the lines.

Since when did Pepsi drop him because of the allegations? They dropped him after the tour ended.

Yes, much earlier than it was supposed to end and as a direct result of the allegations.

That is why people say never save never working with someone again. You never know what happens down the road.

Don't you want to know how much Badness they put in that thing?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA love this ^^. How about 90% Natural Badness; 2 percent natural hotness; 4% sugar; 4% Secret Badness Formula.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA love this ^^. How about 90% Natural Badness; 2 percent natural hotness; 4% sugar; 4% Secret Badness Formula.

:rollin:

:( just read on twitter that the can wont be coming to australia :(

:( just read on twitter that the can wont be coming to australia :(

Who on Twitter said this?? I think people need to let go of an incident that happened almost twenty years ago, decisions made by in large by different people under extreme circumstances. Even though we as MJ fanatics know that Michael was innocent, Pepsi dropping Michael was not a personal vendetta or action against Michael. Pop stars have been dropped by sponsers for far less than being accused of child molestation. Pepsi is a company, an entity, therefore I see no problem with the Estate using a former sponser to promote the anniversary of a brilliant album. Michael obvious burried the hatchet considering he began to to business with them yet again. Maybe some fans need to do the same. IMO of course. :)

Last edited:

Who on Twitter said this?? I think people need to let go of an incident that happened almost twenty years ago, decisions made by in large by different people under extreme circumstances. Even though we as MJ fanatics know that Michael was innocent, Pepsi dropping Michael was not a personal vendetta or action against Michael. Pop stars have been dropped by sponsers for far less than being accused of child molestation. Pepsi is a company, an entity, therefore I see no problem with the Estate using a former sponser to promote the anniversary of a brilliant album. Michael obvious burried the hatchet considering he began to to business with them yet again. Maybe some fans need to do the same. IMO of course. :)

A very wise post indeed.
Even if we believe Pepsi dropped MJ directly because of the allegations, it is understandable. As you said, other stars have been dropped by their sponsors for far less, so why should MJ be any different? Business is business.

The Bottom line is that Michael's children benefit from this and that's all that counts. Pepsi redoing business once again with Michael via his Estate, shows that they believe Michael is I N N O C E N T of being inappropriate with male minors.

Now what I would REALLY want is Michael Jackson MYSTERY DRINK to come back. It was a european promo drink for History tour. I bought the store empty back when it came. Shiped few to US to my pen pals too because they didn't get any there. But it was GOOOD... tasty and delicious.
I wish Estate would forget this whole Pepsi thing and just bring the true MJ back in Mystery re-release.

Now what I would REALLY want is Michael Jackson MYSTERY DRINK to come back. It was a european promo drink for History tour. I bought the store empty back when it came. Shiped few to US to my pen pals too because they didn't get any there. But it was GOOOD... tasty and delicious.
I wish Estate would forget this whole Pepsi thing and just bring the true MJ back in Mystery re-release.

Was it good?? I always wondered what it tasted like. Did it taste like today's energy drinks?

mystery_back.jpg

032.jpg

Lol who from here is talking to the estate about Bad 25? Any one? Id like to know about the concerts and stuff. and if these cans are going to be in the usa and when.??? :D :D :D

That will be the only pepsi i wont drink... at least 1 can... or case who knows if i can keep it from my dad haha.

omg, thank you so much for the memories, I just love, love this commercial, he is soooo sexy in it. Just great, I'm hoping we get to see it again with this new project.

Here is something else to reflect upon. ;) I'm sure you've seen this before, but it's so fun to watch!!! And Dorian has cleaned it up a bit. Love Michael in this!!:wub:

Was it good?? I always wondered what it tasted like. Did it taste like today's energy drinks?

Nobody in the world knows this drink except some MJ-Fans. It`s a shady deal from Dieter Wieser.

I'd really like to know in which countries will be available... that can is really beautiful, I want to have one! :timer:

Nobody in the world knows this drink except some MJ-Fans. It`s a shady deal from Dieter Wieser.

I drank it. In holland the can was for sale at almost every grocery store. It tasted like peaches with bubbles. Nothing special though.

i have a feeling this forum has a few bugs in it... Ones that like to bug people and get them off topic.

i have a feeling this forum has a few bugs in it... Ones that like to bug people and get them off topic.

^^Yes I see what you mean.

Mod Note
Lets stay on topic please. This is not a conspiracy thread or discussion of the accusatios or chandlers etc etc
and further posts or replies of that nature will be deleted. Please Take your "speculations" to the appropiate forums.

Hi there, I contacted Pepsi UK (Britvic) to see if these cans would be available in the UK and it's bad news for UK people.

Here is their reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail. I can confirm unfortunately these cans will not be available to buy in the UK. I hope this information is useful. Kind regards"

bobmoo79;3629069 said:
unfortunately these cans will not be available to buy in the UK. I hope this information is useful. Kind regards"

That’s weird.
I’m only guessing but maybe the Olympic games have something to do with this decision?
Although Coca Cola is the official sponsor :scratch:

when are these cans going to be released?

lucilla;3629122 said:
That’s weird.
I’m only guessing but maybe the Olympic games have something to do with this decision?
Although Coca Cola is the official sponsor :scratch:

Obvioulsy the European-Football-Championship is the reason. Pepsi in Germany will have Podolski, a German football-player on his bottles. So I think in Europe many countries will have their top-players on the cans or bottles.

Austria will have the MJ-Pepsi-theme on 0,5, 1,0 and 1,5 Pet-bottles. But Austria is not a football-country.

There is a book How Pepsi Won Cola Wars written by President & Ceo of Pepsi cola available in Jetzi.
I read it, found it very interesting and funny. Its not too long and Jetzi included only Michael parts.
It's about the time they were trying to get Michael to do ads for them.
Here is the link if somebody wants to read it: http://jetzi-mjvideo.com/books-jetzi-01/86pepsi/86pepsi0a.html

Obvioulsy the European-Football-Championship is the reason. Pepsi in Germany will have Podolski, a German football-player on his bottles. So I think in Europe many countries will have their top-players on the cans or bottles.

Austria will have the MJ-Pepsi-theme on 0,5, 1,0 and 1,5 Pet-bottles. But Austria is not a football-country.

Obviously I know nothing about the European-Football-Championship :lol:
But thanks for that info :D

I drank it. In holland the can was for sale at almost every grocery store. It tasted like peaches with bubbles. Nothing special though.
I read in some boards that a lot of fans didn't like the taste, but I wouldn't mind if it taste like Satan's piss, the can is so pretty :happy:
This reminds me about the HIStory Bubblegum with stickers in 1995, it didn't taste good either but I bought hundreds just for the collectible stickers :p

Pepsi isn't a sponsor for UEFA Euro 2012, Coca-Cola it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012_sponsorship

So there must be another reason why MJ's cans are not going to be available in some countries... Now I'm waiting for an answer by Pepsi Italy's Customer Service about those cans...

Back