Poll: DVD Release Date, DISCUSS re: DVD and Blu Ray Dec '09 or Jan '10?

Predict when DVD will be released

• November or December 2009

Votes: 127 50.6%
  • January or February 2010

Votes: 104 41.4%
  • March, April 2010

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • May, June 2010

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • It will be released after June 2010

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
Re: This Is It DVD Release Date: 17 December

cant wait for bluray release first HD MJ content!!!

December's soooo far lol can they like have it released 1st week of November anyways sales would go beyond Christmas but this is great news...if it's true :)

The movie will still be in theatres the first week of November.

Christmas present from ME to ME lol!

LMAO! :hysterical:

Do we actually have any CONFIRMATION that we will see a blu-ray release of TII? (Even though it would be suicide for Sony if they didn't...) :doh:

LMAO! :hysterical:

Do we actually have any CONFIRMATION that we will see a blu-ray release of TII? (Even though it would be suicide for Sony if they didn't...) :doh:

Well, I'm a bit concerned about only DVD being mentioned, even on the official UK site (it said enter your email address for news on cinema ticket availability and the DVD release, nothing about Blu Ray). But it's by Sony Pictures. Blu Ray is Sony's baby, the new format to drive not only HD TV sales but also PS3 sales. So I don't see how there can't be a Blu Ray release. It wouldn't make any kind of sense. I just hope this doesn't mean we have to wait months for it (could be a marketing strategy: get all the fans to buy it on DVD because they can't wait, then release on Blu Ray hoping they spend the money all over again).

that would be a wonderful Christmas gift along with the opus :)
can't wait for them!

Thank you for the info:wild: Can't wait!!!

I'll be very surprised if this is released by Christmas, the dvd (R5) is only released in Russia to combat piracy. And usually the quality of audio is poor. And definitly can't see a Blu Ray until next year. Plus a 2 week limited release of the movie is very unlikely, I'm sure it will be still in cinemas until end on Nov.

Just have to wait and see, anythings possible I guess when Michael Jackson is involved.

how cool :D but i wont wait until christmas ^.^

I'll be very surprised if this is released by Christmas, the dvd (R5) is only released in Russia to combat piracy. And usually the quality of audio is poor.

The audio will be fine,especially from a dvd rip.All of the dvd rips i have are perfect quality.

the dvd (R5) is only released in Russia to combat piracy. And usually the quality of audio is poor.

I'm sorry if I musunderstood you, but... Who told you that?
I mean russian piracy isn't that big anymore. And 99,9% of TII buyers will be fans and people who just like Michael's art. I don't think they'll buy infringement production.
So believe me, if Russia will get it on 17th December, you'll be able to buy it few days earlier

It'll be released before that date. Maybe 2 weeks into Novemeber I'd say.

It would be commercial suicide for Sony to miss the Xmas season. The DVD and BluRay WILL be available to buy before Xmas - if it doesn't happen I'll eat my own feet.
Unfortunately the theatrical release has come too late. It would have been better to have it earlier so they could have time for a longer theatrical run and then a larger wait until the Xmas rush starts up.
I hope they are expecting to release the DVD BEFORE 17th December because that sounds too late! they need to have it out the first week of September IMO.

The DVD and BluRay WILL be available to buy before Xmas - if it doesn't happen I'll eat my own feet.

Ok, I've saved this post I'll get back to you at Xmas:D

I agree it will be out for xmas no matter what. Tehy would be stupid now to. Only thing is Dec 17th is way too late so I hope that in other places it will be out before then,

As if they would not realise it b4 XMAS! They no how to make there money! Thats why it is only in cinemas for two weeks so they can get it out and ready for Christmas!

I don't think my letterbox can take the excitement!!! :D

thanks
waiting for the day's coming
waiting for the dvd

I def buy one :) wow

I'm sorry if I musunderstood you, but... Who told you that?
I mean russian piracy isn't that big anymore. And 99,9% of TII buyers will be fans and people who just like Michael's art. I don't think they'll buy infringement production.
So believe me, if Russia will get it on 17th December, you'll be able to buy it few days earlier

Hi, Sorry if I confused you, but most Russian DVD releases are always released weeks before the rest of the world, I'm just surprised if you are saying that its not released until 17th Dec in Russia, I can't see the UK having the DVD until the new year.

I've never known one single DVD/film that has been released before Russia has. Thats all I'm trying to say. And I'm sure if there is a R5 released at Xmas, there will be fans downloading the film to watch over the holiday period, if they can't get hold of a legit DVD.

That's my wedding anniversary date!!!! I'll make a "suggestion" to my wife about what I would like for my anniversary present. . . . . ;)

DVD Out after 2 weeks of the Movie? hope this is true

Yeah I knew they would get the DVDs out before Christmas as that's where the money is. Just wish it were a DVD of Michael and us there with him on tour - how it should have been. But yes I'll get one, looking forward to having another DVD and seeing my Michael.

Back