Prelim Hearing-4/1/11 Discussion Thread-All discussion here

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Three of Michael Jackson's employees, including one who was with the pop star when he went into cardiac arrest, are expected to take the witness stand Tuesday at a preliminary hearing for Jackson’s doctor, Conrad Murray.

Michael Amir, Jackson's chief of staff; Alberto Alvarez, a security staffer; and Faheem Muhammad, chief of security, have been subpoenaed to testify for prosecutors seeking to prove they have enough evidence to try Murray for involuntary manslaughter, said the employees' lawyer, Carl Douglas.

Douglas, who declined to comment for the story, confirmed that he would appear with his clients following their court appearance Tuesday and make some brief comments.

Douglas, perhaps best known for being a member of O.J. Simpson's defense team, complained in August 2009 that his clients wanted to provide more information to LAPD detectives. Investigators had conducted "informal" interviews with the men about what they saw and heard June 25, 2009, the day Jackson died. One of the interviews lasted about two minutes, and the other filled a one-page transcript, Douglas said at the time. He maintained that some of their information could shed new light on the time line police had established covering Jackson's final hours and the actions of his doctor. Police eventually did conduct formal and complete interviews with all three men in late August 2009.

Alvarez was with Jackson and Murray in the pop star's bedroom in the moments before paramedics arrived and could provide independent insight into what transpired, the attorney said. But he would not elaborate on those details at the time.

In search-warrant documents released at the time, police said Murray told them he gave Jackson the powerful anesthetic propofol at 10:40 a.m., watched him for 10 minutes and went to the restroom briefly. When he returned about 11 a.m., Jackson had stopped breathing. Police said three phone calls totaling 47 minutes were made from Murray's phone, beginning at 11:18 a.m. -- all before 911 was called at 12:22 p.m.

Murray's attorney at the time was critical of the time line as "theory, not fact."

Douglas, who in 1993 served as an attorney for Jackson, said at the time that Amir received a frantic four-second message from Murray at 12:13 p.m. with words to the effect of "come quick."

-- Andrew Blankstein

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...y-at-hearing-for-michael-jacksons-doctor.html

The public seat lottery for the courthouse - all 5 seats went to Justice4MJ members.

a request to those that post news articles/updates in this thread. please also post them in the news and updates thread aswell.

Murray is in the building and no more family members according to the cops on the TMZ stream...

tried going on tmz so i can get the live stream this is the message i got,

Due to laws within your region, you are unable to view content for this website.

never had a problem before,

is there another live feed?,

The public seat lottery for the courthouse - all 5 seats went to Justice4MJ members.
good..we will get accurate reports about what is going on inside and not just what the media wants us to hear..

on cnn...they keep talking about that syringe on the floor....I dont undertand why ther i no foingure prints on that damn syringe....maybe whoever touched that syringe...had gloves on.

there prob is fingerprints they just cant tell whos they are as they are either smudged or they arent anyone whos was around ie murray mjs alberto etc if they checked his. the prints are irrelvent. its just a pr stunt to imply the prints are mjs or to say the tooth fairy came in and injected mj

Not a lot going on... But Conrad Murray just started trending on Twitter L.A...

so ortega is there. lets see how much tmz is correct.

In the hallway right now, Kenny Ortega is waiting outside on a bench... Travis Payne left after not getting a seat

is Jermaine really there? cause the guy with Katherine was Jackie, not Jermaine.

whoever is listening to the upsteam, please post what's being said. thanks

most of the time prelims end with a trial - it's just to show probable cause for trial.
Doubt it:(
right now i can't take this ,i have exam next month.god please help me to get through this mess .:praying:
I know it isnt the best thing that can happen :hug:
they had a snppet earlier on sky news,just briefly mentioned the case starting today and the defence are gonna argue that michael injected himself,this is just a brief glimpse of all the crap and lies we are going to hear,
Nooooooo:doh::doh:
Here some pics from the courthouse for anyone who hasn't seen em...

Travis Payne:

220024550.jpg

Fans:

220021241.jpg

Courthouse rules:

220022655.png

Public seats:

220020471.jpg
They have not come up:no:
LaToya is there
Good:)
cause its such important info that we all know about you! take your head out of your ass
I like him:yes::yes:
good..we will get accurate reports about what is going on inside and not just what the media wants us to hear..
Yes:D
on cnn...they keep talking about that syringe on the floor....I dont undertand why ther i no foingure prints on that damn syringe....maybe whoever touched that syringe...had gloves on.

Yes probably:yes:

Kenny is there to support his friend.....to bad this conversation wouldn't be taking place if Michael had NOT passed away..

Back