[ Pretrial Discussion Closed ] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

^ Lord...And so it starts...I mean for real now. Let's see who "wins" this crap? If we can call it that?!

Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

^I don't really care who is behind the lawsuit, it's mrs j's name on the legal docs and she's the one with the power to stop or carry on with it. If she was purely a puppet, then why did some sibs have to go and kidnap her back in the summer? She's got her own lawyers and business advisers and people like trent around her, not just her children. It always amazes me how some allow her to evade any real responsibility for anything. This lawsuit isn't really anything new or uncharacteristic from her, she's always wanted mj to provide for all the family, in death now as in life.

Oh I'm not saying she's not responsible, I'm just saying that I don't believe this was solely her idea to file this lawsuit.

Serendipity, how are fans learning about the family and how they operate?

By their actions through the years obviously.

If I support the plaintiffs, I am a labeled a Jackson family supporter and that is supposed to be a negative, correct?

No one said that.

The full comment from Mesereau does not support your suggestion.

I think it does. The whole family talking against AEG, Phillips etc., I don't know how anyone could think they have absolutely nothing to do with this lawsuit. But hey, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I am curious to see if a certain someone is going to show up for this.

Katherine Jackson first amended possible Witness list - as of April 15

(Additions in green, removed names in red)

Katherine Jackson / Prince Jackson / Paris Jackson / Paul Gongaware / Randy Phillips / Jeffrey Adams / Dr. David Adams / Daniel Anderson/ Phillip Anschutz / Dr. Frederic Askin(removed) / Raymone Bain / Ramone Baines(removed - could be a typo) / Richard Barnet (removed) / Tom Barrack / Martin Blount/ Michael Bearden/ Dan Beckerman / David Berman / John Branca / Dr. Emery Neal Brown / Ellen Brunn / Michael Bush / Kai Chase / Patrick Cousins / Dr. Charles Czeisler / Jenna Daddario EMT / Kelly DiStefano / Melissa Elias / Arthur Erk/ Joyce Essex / Alimorad Farschian/ Karen Faye / Lou Ferrigno / Dr. Stuart Finkelstein / Peter Formuzis / Maritza Glassman / Paramedic Mark Goodwin / Dr. Stephen Gordon / Hosny Habashy / Dennis Hawk / Reynold Henry EMT / Cathy Hilton / Julie Hollander / Alejandra Jackson / Jackie Jackson/ Janet Jackson/ Jermaine Jackson / Marlon Jackson / Rebbie Jackson / Randy Jackson / Taj Jackson / Tarryl Jackson/ TJ Jackson / Tito Jackson / Trent Jackson / Quincy Jones / Kathy Jorrie / Michael Kane / Arnold Klein/ Michael Laperruque / Cherilyn Lee / Spike Lee / Tim Leiweke / Hendrikus Lemmens (removed) / Carlos Letelier DDS / Arlyne Lewiston / Detective Orlando Martinez / Dr. Gordon Matheson/ Cindy Medina / John Meglen / Tom Mesereau / Dr. Allan Metzger / Tom Miserendo / Amy Morrison / Roselyn Muhammad / Dr. Conrad Murray / Barry Nadell/ Prince Rogers Nelson / Kenny Ortega / Sharon Osbourne/ Ray Parker Jr / Amy Pascal/ Travis Payne / Lisa Marie Presley / Howard Rile / Dr. Christopher Rogers / Diana Ross / Debbie Rowe / Amir Dan Rubin/ Alif Sankey / Dr. Lakshamanan Sathyavagiswaran/ Madeline Schilder / Dr. Sidney Schnoll / Jean Seawright / Paramedic Richard Seneff / Dr. Myer Shimelman / Barry Siegel / Dr. David Slavit / Janice Smith/ Scott Smith/ Dr. Alon Steinberg / Dr. Barry Swerdlow / Mark Tadrisi DDS / Evvy Tavasci / Tohme Tohme / Shawn Trell / Anthony Urquidez / Carl Virgil / Daniel Wallace / Frederick Webking / Bill Whitfield / Debra Willis / Dr. Daniel Wohgelernter / Timm Woolley
------------------------------------------------------------------

AEG Live full possible witness list - as of April 15

Dr. David Adams / Jeffrey Lee Adams / Marcel Avram / Irving Azoff / Tom Barrack / Michael Bearden / Daniel Beckerman / Martin Blount / John Branca / Ellen Brunn / Jeffrey Telle Cannon / Frank Cascio / Melissa Elias/ Dr. Alimorad Farshchian / Lou Ferrigno / Dr. Stuart Finkelstein / David Fournier / Kenneth Froelich / Paul Gongaware / Dr. Stephen Gordon / Dennis Hawk / Julie Hollander / Dorian Holley / Dr. Hosny Habashy / John “Bugz” Houghdahl / Janet Jackson / Jermaine Jackson / Joe Jackson / Katherine Jackson / Latoya Jackson/ Prince Jackson/ Paris Jackson / Randy Jackson / Rebbie Jackson / TJ Jackson / Tito Jackson/ Kathy Jorrie / Michael Kane/ Dr. Lawrence Koplin / Bruce Lang / Michael La Perruque / Cheryln Lee / Arlyne Lewiston / Joseph Marcus / John Meglen / Dr. Allan Metzger / Kim Moore-Mestas / Amy Morrison / Steven Lloyd Mortensen/ Roselyn Muhammad / Dr. Conrad Murray / Consuelo Ng /Sarah O’Leary Sinnorai / Kenny Ortega / Bob Parks / Travis Payne / Randy Phillips / Jeffre Phillips / Dr. Christine Quinn / Dr. Neil Ratner / Debbie Rowe / Dr. Gordon Sasaki / Dr. Scott David Saunders / Madeline Schilder / Richard Sherman / Barry Siegel / Dr. David Slavit / Janice Leigh Smith / Dr. Mark Tadrissi / Evvy Tavasci / Dr. Tohme Tohme / Shawn Trell / Anthony Urquidez / Dr. William Van Valin II / Dr. Carl Virgil / Stacy Walker / Frederick Webking / Bill Whitfield / Alan Whitman / Timm Woolley / Taunya Zilkie

Retained experts : William Ackerman / Eric Briggs / Arnold Dicke / Dr. Paul Earley / William Flynn (removed)/ Dr. Gary Green / Marty Hom / Dr. John R. Iacovino (removed) / Dr.Norman Elliott Lepor/ Dr. Petros Levounis / Mark Allen Roesler (removed) / Dr. Christine Nai-Mei Sang / Dr. Karl Williams (removed) / Rhoma Young

------------------------------------------------------

Estate's motion to seal medical records / depositions dated April 15

Estate mentions they have filed 3 motions to seal in this case to protect Michael's confidential medical records and/or information. Estate points out Court of Appeals have agreed that Estate has made a convincing argument that the documents continue to be kept under seal for the time being. Estate also has 2 more motions set to be heard in August 2013.

Estate argues that some of the medical matters being discussed at Murray criminal trial does not make the rest (the ones not mentioned at Murray's trial) public. Estate also points out that the court had previously agreed that medical records and depositions discussing those medical records should be sealed.

Estate mentions they aren't a party to the case, they did nothing to put Michael's medical information at issue. Estate also points out that a criminal trial does not constitute for Estate waiving doctor-patient privilege.

(Ivy's note: Michael's medical records are still conditionally under seal but there will be hearings in this regard this week. Some of the seal / protective order might be removed or some medical records can come public during the trial)

AEG's opposition to release jury questionnaires

AEG states that jury questions included sensitive personal information, the media have reported many personal and identifying information and zealous MJ fans are attending the proceedings and seeking out personal contact with parties and their lawyers.

AEG argues if the jury questionnaires are released such sensitive personal information that the jurors provided will be posted all around the Internet and remain there forever. This will hurt jurors privacy. AEG argues that the jurors weren't told that the questionnaires could become public and they weren't given the option to answer questions in private - and not in writing.

AEG argues that passionate MJ fans and media would use these information to identify the jurors. AEG argues MJ fans can seek out the jurors and even try to influence and intimidate and even threaten them - or at least have inappropriate communications with the jurors. AEG again mentions one specific fan and their experience with that fan as evidence that MJ fans "more than willing to resort to such extreme measures".

AEG also argues that if these questionnaires become public , in the future high profile cases potential jurors will not be honest in fear that the information they provided could become public too.

So AEG asks the judge to not release the juror questionnaires or in alternative release redacted version. The motion states that Katherine's lawyers want the jury questionnaires to be released.

AEG's motion to preclude Katherine's past due discovery

AEG is trying to exclude 4 late trial discovery issues coming from Katherine. The information below

1. Late produced documents:

In April 2011 AEG had asked for documents from Katherine about Michael's relationship with Katherine and his kids. Katherine objected and refused to produce any documents. April 2012 before AEG filed a motion to compel Katherine, they have provided 140 pages to AEG. AEG kept asking Katherine to give them the rest - final requests being at February and March 2013.

AEG states on April 1st 2013 - one month after the discovery cutoff and 1 day before the trial start - Katherine provided them more documents including pictures and videos and said they can give other stuff later on.

AEG is asking the court to exclude these stuff that was given to them late on April 2013.

Note: Some stuff provided to AEG includes the following (not a full list)
March 6 : 5 pages of notes and doodles by MJ's kids, 68 pages of notes and ideas in MJ's handwriting, 30 pages of business documents
April 1 : May 2009 family photo, photo of a toddler and bathtub, school photograph, little league photograph, home video of Michael giving his children a puppy on Christmas & a lot of photos from MJ's photo shots with his kids.

2. Late identified witnesses

AEG is stating March 14 was the deadline to submit witness lists. Yet Katherine have added Tom Mesereau as a possible witness on March 21. On April 3rd they added Sharon Osbourne. On April 15 - one month after the witness deadline - Katherine has added 14 more people to her witness list.

AEG says Katherine only provided explanation to why she wants to call Tom Mesereau as a witness and did not give any explanation to why she wants to add the other 15 people and why they didn't do that on time.

AEG states Tom Mesereau's testimony is not necessary as AEG will stipulate that Michael was acquitted in 2005 trial. AEG argues Katherine should not be allowed to call the other 15 people that have been added late to the witness list.

3. Late identified and improper designation of William Ackerman

Ackerman is a CPA and an retained expert for AEG. He is expected to talk about Michael's finances , the support Katherine received from Michael and any alleged economic loss.

On April 9, Katherine's lawyers say that they will cross list Ackerman as a fraud expert.

AEG states a) time to designate experts have passed b) fraud is not a cause of action in this case c)fraud is not an area of expertise for Ackerman. So AEG argues Katherine's request to cross-list Ackerman as a non-retained fraud expert should be denied.

Note : the motion mentions Katherine want to elicit Ackerman's opinion that a certain document is somewhat fraudulent. This document was produced more than 9 months ago (June 27 2012).

4. Katherine's improper non-retained experts should be excluded

Katherine had listed more than 84 non-retained experts. AEG had previously went to court and the court have ordered Katherine to limit her non-retained witnesses to the ones she intends to call during trial. March 18 was the deadline for this. However Katherine have not withdraw anyone from her non-retained witness list.

AEG states on April 15 - one month after the deadline- Katherine withdraw some experts and added some new ones. Her current non-retained expert list includes entire LA Police, Fire and Coroner departments.

AEG is asking the judge to excluded parties that have not been individually identified such as "entire LA coroner"

4. Late requests from MJ Estate

January 2013 Katherine's lawyers filed a request from MJ Estate asked Estate to give them documents from AllGood and Lloyds lawsuits. Estate objected to this request stating that all the documents were protected by protective order by respective courts. Katherine's lawyers never filed a motion to compel (asking the court to order the Estate to give them the documents) April 12 - 3 months after Estate's rejection and 2 weeks after motion to compel deadline - Katherine is again asking for the same documents from MJ Estate.

AEG is asking the judge to prohibit such late discovery.

AEG is moving away from the central discussion doing Katherine gather so many documents that relate only to the conviviality of Michael with their children

Katherine's side again still not ready. Funny how to show Michael's relationship with her and kids she brings photos and kids scribbles. I guess she got those from the kids scrapbooks and objects taken from the home when Michael passed away. I don't know how these things are going to show a "relationship" with her, though.

The judge should not allow any of these late discoveries, but I guess she will.

How about Katherine listing the whole police department and coroner office. Now we know why this case is expected to take so long.

Ackerman is a CPA and an retained expert for AEG. He is expected to talk about Michael's finances , the support Katherine received from Michael and any alleged economic loss.

This will be interesting.

I hope the judge will respect the deadlines--seems like KJ is ignoring them so if the judge allows this, she is penalizing AEG for playing by the rules--grounds for appeal?

Qbee, I appreciate your response. I support Michael’s mother and children seeking justice in this manner. If I was in their position, losing what they lost, I would do everything I could and I feel that is what they are trying to do.

I hope this trial will answer some of the questions they may still have about the loss of their son and father and if that lost went beyond the doctor’s negligence. It may grant them some closure. I think they deserve that and I am glad they have this chance. I am a fan and I want those same answers.

Serendipity, Big Apple2, I will agree to disagree. I have not personally seen the family operations through the years because I am not a family member or friend. Maybe others have more personal knowledge but, I do not. Of course the siblings could have supported their mother’s decision to pursue the lawsuit. I personally do not see evidence of the siblings forcing or encouraging their mother to do such for money.

Last edited:
ivy;3812342 said:
Katherine Jackson first amended possible Witness list - as of April 15

Katherine Jackson / Prince Jackson / Paris Jackson / Paul Gongaware / Randy Phillips / Jeffrey Adams / Dr. David Adams / Daniel Anderson/ Phillip Anschutz / Dr. Frederic Askin(removed) / Raymone Bain / Ramone Baines(removed - could be a typo) / Richard Barnet (removed) / Tom Barrack / Martin Blount/Michael Bearden/ Dan Beckerman / David Berman / John Branca / Dr. Emery Neal Brown / Ellen Brunn / Michael Bush / Kai Chase / Patrick Cousins / Dr. Charles Czeisler / Jenna Daddario EMT / Kelly DiStefano / Melissa Elias / Arthur Erk/ Joyce Essex / AlimoradFarschian/ Karen Faye / Lou Ferrigno / Dr. Stuart Finkelstein / Peter Formuzis / Maritza Glassman / Paramedic Mark Goodwin / Dr. Stephen Gordon / Hosny Habashy / Dennis Hawk / Reynold Henry EMT / Cathy Hilton / Julie Hollander / Alejandra Jackson / Jackie Jackson/ Janet Jackson/ Jermaine Jackson / Marlon Jackson / Rebbie Jackson / Randy Jackson / Taj Jackson / Tarryl Jackson/ TJ Jackson / Tito Jackson / Trent Jackson / Quincy Jones / Kathy Jorrie / Michael Kane / Arnold Klein/ Michael Laperruque / Cherilyn Lee / Spike Lee / Tim Leiweke / Hendrikus Lemmens (removed) / Carlos Letelier DDS / Arlyne Lewiston / Detective Orlando Martinez / Dr. Gordon Matheson/ Cindy Medina / John Meglen / Tom Mesereau / Dr. Allan Metzger / Tom Miserendo / Amy Morrison / Roselyn Muhammad / Dr. Conrad Murray / Barry Nadell/ Prince Rogers Nelson / Kenny Ortega / Sharon Osbourne/ Ray Parker Jr / Amy Pascal/ Travis Payne / Lisa Marie Presley / Howard Rile / Dr. Christopher Rogers / Diana Ross / Debbie Rowe / Amir Dan Rubin/ Alif Sankey / Dr. Lakshamanan Sathyavagiswaran/ Madeline Schilder / Dr. Sidney Schnoll / Jean Seawright / Paramedic Richard Seneff / Dr. Myer Shimelman / Barry Siegel / Dr. David Slavit / Janice Smith/ Scott Smith/ Dr. Alon Steinberg / Dr. Barry Swerdlow / Mark Tadrisi DDS / Evvy Tavasci / Tohme Tohme / Shawn Trell / Anthony Urquidez / Carl Virgil / Daniel Wallace / Frederick Webking / Bill Whitfield / Debra Willis / Dr. Daniel Wohgelernter / Timm Woolley

AEG Live full possible witness list - as of April 15

Dr. David Adams / Jeffrey Lee Adams / Marcel Avram / Irving Azoff / Tom Barrack / Michael Bearden / Daniel Beckerman / Martin Blount / John Branca / Ellen Brunn / Jeffrey Telle Cannon / Frank Cascio / Melissa Elias/ Dr. Alimorad Farshchian / Lou Ferrigno / Dr. Stuart Finkelstein / David Fournier / Kenneth Froelich / Paul Gongaware / Dr. Stephen Gordon / Dennis Hawk / Julie Hollander / Dorian Holley / Dr. Hosny Habashy / John “Bugz” Houghdahl / Janet Jackson / Jermaine Jackson / Joe Jackson / Katherine Jackson / Latoya Jackson/ Prince Jackson/ Paris Jackson / Randy Jackson / Rebbie Jackson / TJ Jackson / Tito Jackson/ Kathy Jorrie / Michael Kane/ Dr. Lawrence Koplin / Bruce Lang / Michael La Perruque / Cheryln Lee / Arlyne Lewiston / Joseph Marcus / John Meglen / Dr. Allan Metzger / Kim Moore-Mestas / Amy Morrison / Steven Lloyd Mortensen/ Roselyn Muhammad / Dr. Conrad Murray / Consuelo Ng /Sarah O’Leary Sinnorai / Kenny Ortega / Bob Parks / Travis Payne / Randy Phillips / Jeffre Phillips / Dr. Christine Quinn / Dr. Neil Ratner / Debbie Rowe / Dr. Gordon Sasaki / Dr. Scott David Saunders / Madeline Schilder / Richard Sherman / Barry Siegel / Dr. David Slavit / Janice Leigh Smith / Dr. Mark Tadrissi / Evvy Tavasci / Dr. Tohme Tohme / Shawn Trell / Anthony Urquidez / Dr. William Van Valin II / Dr. Carl Virgil / Stacy Walker / Frederick Webking / Bill Whitfield / Alan Whitman / Timm Woolley / Taunya Zilkie

Retained experts : William Ackerman / Eric Briggs / Arnold Dicke / Dr. Paul Earley / William Flynn (removed)/ Dr. Gary Green / Marty Hom / Dr. John R. Iacovino (removed) / Dr.Norman Elliott Lepor/ Dr. Petros Levounis / Mark Allen Roesler (removed) / Dr. Christine Nai-Mei Sang / Dr. Karl Williams (removed) / Rhoma Young

------------------------------------------------------

Estate's motion to seal medical records / depositions dated April 15

Estate mentions they have filed 3 motions to seal in this case to protect Michael's confidential medical records and/or information. Estate points out Court of Appeals have agreed that Estate has made a convincing argument that the documents continue to be kept under seal for the time being. Estate also has 2 more motions set to be heard in August 2013.

Estate argues that some of the medical matters being discussed at Murray criminal trial does not make the rest (the ones not mentioned at Murray's trial) public. Estate also points out that the court had previously agreed that medical records and depositions discussing those medical records should be sealed.

Estate mentions they aren't a party to the case, they did nothing to put Michael's medical information at issue. Estate also points out that a criminal trial does not constitute for Estate waiving doctor-patient privilege.

(Ivy's note: Michael's medical records are still conditionally under seal but there will be hearings in this regard this week. Some of the seal / protective order might be removed or some medical records can come public during the trial)

AEG's opposition to release jury questionnaires

AEG states that jury questions included sensitive personal information, the media have reported many personal and identifying information and zealous MJ fans are attending the proceedings and seeking out personal contact with parties and their lawyers.

AEG argues if the jury questionnaires are released such sensitive personal information that the jurors provided will be posted all around the Internet and remain there forever. This will hurt jurors privacy. AEG argues that the jurors weren't told that the questionnaires could become public and they weren't given the option to answer questions in private - and not in writing.

AEG argues that passionate MJ fans and media would use these information to identify the jurors. AEG argues MJ fans can seek out the jurors and even try to influence and intimidate and even threaten them - or at least have inappropriate communications with the jurors. AEG again mentions one specific fan and their experience with that fan as evidence that MJ fans "more than willing to resort to such extreme measures".

AEG also argues that if these questionnaires become public , in the future high profile cases potential jurors will not be honest in fear that the information they provided could become public too.

So AEG asks the judge to not release the juror questionnaires or in alternative release redacted version. The motion states that Katherine's lawyers want the jury questionnaires to be released.

AEG's motion to preclude Katherine's past due discovery

AEG is trying to exclude 4 late trial discovery issues coming from Katherine. The information below

In April 2011 AEG had asked for documents from Katherine about Michael's relationship with Katherine and his kids. Katherine objected and refused to produce any documents. April 2012 before AEG filed a motion to compel Katherine, they have provided 140 pages to AEG. AEG kept asking Katherine to give them the rest - final requests being at February and March 2013.

AEG states on April 1st 2013 - one month after the discovery cutoff and 1 day before the trial start - Katherine provided them more documents including pictures and videos and said they can give other stuff later on.

AEG is asking the court to exclude these stuff that was given to them late on April 2013.

Note: Some stuff provided to AEG includes the following (not a full list)
March 6 : 5 pages of notes and doodles by MJ's kids, 68 pages of notes and ideas in MJ's handwriting, 30 pages of business documents
April 1 : May 2009 family photo, photo of a toddler and bathtub, school photograph, little league photograph, home video of Michael giving his children a puppy on Christmas & a lot of photos from MJ's photo shots with his kids.

2. Late identified witnesses

AEG is stating March 14 was the deadline to submit witness lists. Yet Katherine have added Tom Mesereau as a possible witness on March 21. On April 3rd they added Sharon Osbourne. On April 15 - one month after the witness deadline - Katherine has added 14 more people to her witness list.

AEG says Katherine only provided explanation to why she wants to call Tom Mesereau as a witness and did not give any explanation to why she wants to add the other 15 people and why they didn't do that on time.

AEG states Tom Mesereau's testimony is not necessary as AEG will stipulate that Michael was acquitted in 2005 trial. AEG argues Katherine should not be allowed to call the other 15 people that have been added late to the witness list.

3. Late identified and improper designation of William Ackerman

On April 9, Katherine's lawyers say that they will cross list Ackerman as a fraud expert.

AEG states a) time to designate experts have passed b) fraud is not a cause of action in this case c)fraud is not an area of expertise for Ackerman. So AEG argues Katherine's request to cross-list Ackerman as a non-retained fraud expert should be denied.

Note : the motion mentions Katherine want to elicit Ackerman's opinion that a certain document is somewhat fraudulent. This document was produced more than 9 months ago (June 27 2012).

4. Katherine's improper non-retained experts should be excluded

Katherine had listed more than 84 non-retained experts. AEG had previously went to court and the court have ordered Katherine to limit her non-retained witnesses to the ones she intends to call during trial. March 18 was the deadline for this. However Katherine have not withdraw anyone from her non-retained witness list.

AEG states on April 15 - one month after the deadline- Katherine withdraw some experts and added some new ones. Her current non-retained expert list includes entire LA Police, Fire and Coroner departments.

AEG is asking the judge to excluded parties that have not been individually identified such as "entire LA coroner"

January 2013 Katherine's lawyers filed a request from MJ Estate asked Estate to give them documents from AllGood and Lloyds lawsuits. Estate objected to this request stating that all the documents were protected by protective order by respective courts. Katherine's lawyers never filed a motion to compel (asking the court to order the Estate to give them the documents) April 12 - 3 months after Estate's rejection and 2 weeks after motion to compel deadline - Katherine is again asking for the same documents from MJ Estate.

AEG is asking the judge to prohibit such late discovery.

So Janet won't testify?

Her name is on both lists.

Let's be objective here. Michael new Murray long before AEG contract. In Vegas he cured kids. So, who introduced Murray to AEG? Apparently Michael. How AEG is responsible? They picked the doctor whom Michael trusted and wanted to treat him from insomnia. The irony is that MJ used to trust wrong people.
The question is whether or not AEG USED Murray as a fall guy to kill MJ? That is what I think has happened. In this case, AEG should be charged for capital murder, not wrongful death.

I don't think that is the question in this trial. If that indeed was the case, we'll never know it.

Thanks to that looney Taaj Malik, Michael's fan are categorized as "notoriously zealous fanbase" :angry:

------------------------------------------------------------

No wonder Katherine is not willing to provide much regarding her relationship with MJ. She didn't have much to give as all her meetings with Michael were about Michael doing a favor to family. That doesn't look good in trial.

-------------------------------------

Katherine's lawyers are reading tabloids and if someone says something that is in favor to them, they ask them to testify for them.

If Bubbles could speak, I wonder if he was to be called to testify in this mockery trial?
------------------------------------

Do I understand this correctly, first Katherine side doesn't want Ackerman to testify on AEG's behalf, but Ivy's note says Katherine wants to hear Ackerman's opinion of some documents? What document?
--------------------------------------

If I were Katherine, I wouldn't be asking those documents as they don't do any favours to Jackson's, especially Allgood docs.
Jackson's should be on their knees and thank the estate cleaning this mess for them that they made.

Although I'm having so much fun to think what is going in Randy's head when he hears that the estate doesn't bend over backwards to family's request. Their job is to take care of Michael and do what is right for Michael, not for family.

Do I understand this correctly, first Katherine side doesn't want Ackerman to testify on AEG's behalf, but Ivy's note says Katherine wants to hear Ackerman's opinion of some documents? What document?

You got it a little wrong. Let me clarify

Ackerman is a retained expert for AEG. He is a CPA and will testify about Michael's finances, Michael's support to Katherine and economic loss.

During deposition Katherine's lawyers find out that Ackerman's firm has also worked on fraudulent financial reporting determination. So Katherine's lawyers want to cross list Ackerman as a fraud expert for their side

What document is not clear. They just say a single document that AEG had given to KJ 9 months ago. However we can see the hypothetical question being asked to Ackerman.

Perry Sanders (KJ's lawyer) asks this "If I send Ms. Ribera an invoice and I think that there's an item on the invoice that has no legal basis , am I attempting to commit fraud on Ms. Ribera? " Ackerman responds the question calls for a legal conclusion and he's not qualified to answer that question.

You got it a little wrong. Let me clarify

Ackerman is a retained expert for AEG. He is a CPA and will testify about Michael's finances, Michael's support to Katherine and economic loss.

During deposition Katherine's lawyers find out that Ackerman's firm has also worked on fraudulent financial reporting determination. So Katherine's lawyers want to cross list Ackerman as a fraud expert for their side. BTW in his very brief partial deposition Ackerman says

Katherine's side wants to use AEG expert witness for their side? Is that normal and why would they do such a thing?
Can AEG cross list Katherine's side experts?

The bolded part, did you forget to add something, I think there was supposed to be more of it? What Ackerman says, or do I read you post wrong again:unsure:

well everyone can ask questions to the other sides experts. The difference here is that Katherine wants to list AEG's expert as an expert for themselves in another area. I don't know if it's doable or not. We will see when the judge rules.

You are right I left my sentence unfinished but I wrote what I wanted to say at the end which is "Ackerman responds the question calls for a legal conclusion and he's not qualified to answer that question." In other words Ackerman states he cannot determine whether it (what that is) is fraud or not.

How odd, with $40billion at stake i would have thought the entire family would be immediately rummaging around attics, drawers, storage lockers, garages, for anything to help the case. I suppose we'll see at trial, but it seems all a bit unprofessional from the jackson side with all those late witnesses etc.

And i'm the biggest hypocrite as i freely admit i'd love to see that video of mj giving ppb the puppy at xmas. Sad to say that this intrusion into a family's privacy, cd provide welcome relief from the drugs, drugs, drugs, child molestation trial, drugs, drugs intrusions into mj's life during this trial.

Last edited:

I also would like to see anything positive about MJ on videos especially reacting with his children. :wub:

I noticed the Jackson's have all family members listed but not Latoya Don't you wonder why the Jacksons don't want her on their list? AEG has latoya on their witness list. That is going to be very interesting. She has told so many different crazy stories with no proof or source to back them up .. but She won't be able to play her little giggle and wiggle past the questions game on the stand, as she does in all her interviews.

[General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

"michael jackson" was pushed to death yes he was pushed to death.."mj' s nt jst n artist but also huge philanthropist, humanitarian, luving father...that doctor should b hanged to death..

The biggest highlight for me is hearing the family responses on cross-examination, especially Katherine if she takes the stand.

Michael Jackson-AEG wrongful death trial opens Monday

Comments
Email

Michael Jackson in a scene from the movie "This Is It." (Kevin Mazur / Kevin Mazur / May 28, 2009)
By Jeff Gottlieb
April 23, 2013, 5:17 p.m.
What’s likely to be a dramatic tour through Michael Jackson’s final days begins Monday when attorneys make opening statements in a wrongful death trial that could last deep into the summer.

Six alternates were selected Tuesday, joining a dozen jurors who were seated the previous day. The alternates would replace any juror who can’t continue or is removed from the panel.

Jackson’s mother and children are suing Los Angeles entertainment giant AEG, alleging it is liable for Jackson’s death because it hired and supervised Dr. Conrad Murray, who used a powerful surgical anesthetic in an effort to help the singer cope with insomnia. Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011.

The case is likely to veer into the sensational, pitting Jackson’s towering legacy against a business enterprise that has had a profound influence on the entertainment scene, particularly in Los Angeles.

Though the trial will zero in on whether the singer or AEG is responsible for hiring Murray, testimony will likely touch on the singer’s death, his feeble physical state as his much-anticipated comeback concert series approached and his eccentricities.

In court papers, Jackson’s family has described AEG as a heartless, money-driven machine that pushed Jackson to prepare for a tour that he was not physically capable of pulling off.

AEG says it in no way controlled the singer and that bringing Murray aboard as Jackson’s personal physician was Jackson’s choice. The company, in court papers, said it recommended hiring a British doctor.

Jackson’s “This Is It” comeback concerts were to have debuted in London in 2009.

The singer died two weeks before the tour was to launch. AEG was the promoter of 50 concerts Jackson was scheduled to give in London.

On Tuesday, after both sides agreed to the alternates, the remaining members of the jury pool let out a cheer, knowing they would not spend the next four months in a courtroom.

"You can get go on with your lives," Superior Court Judge Yvette M. Palazuelos said.

Perhaps the oddest moment of the jury picking occurred Tuesday when AEG attorney Marvin Putnam said he would not stipulate that Michael Jackson was dead.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-michael-jackson-aeg-20130423,0,7203229.story

How odd, with $40billion at stake i would have thought the entire family would be immediately rummaging around attics, drawers, storage lockers, garages, for anything to help the case.

Ha! they are too busy keeping them all for themselves!

^^Perhaps the oddest moment of the jury picking occurred Tuesday when AEG attorney Marvin Putnam said he would not stipulate that Michael Jackson was dead.
That does not sound odd to me. Putnam is right not to stipulate that, because then Katherine's side would have to show how Michael died & Putnam can cross-examine to show how it was Muarry who acting alone was negligent. He could then show that Muarry's recklessness was not foreseeable, which is what AEG has been saying all along.

^^Perhaps the oddest moment of the jury picking occurred Tuesday when AEG attorney Marvin Putnam said he would not stipulate that Michael Jackson was dead.]

What does that mean?

8701girl;3813179 said:
Perhaps the oddest moment of the jury picking occurred Tuesday when AEG attorney Marvin Putnam said he would not stipulate that Michael Jackson was dead.]

What does that mean?

It can mean to need something, to detail something, or accept something.

It is difficult to say what the defendant’s lawyer is trying to say without the statements he made before and after this one. On its own, it sounds foolish and stubborn.

[QUOTE^^Perhaps the oddest moment of the jury picking occurred Tuesday when AEG attorney Marvin Putnam said he would not stipulate that Michael Jackson was dead.]

What does that mean?[/QUOT

^^In court when you stipulate something then there is no need to explain it. For example, an expert takes the stand and the lawyer is supposed to question him to show what makes him an expert. The lawyer for the other side, can say he stipulates to the fact that this man is an expert in that particular field. The lawyer may do so to save time, if he knows about the guys expertise, or if he has no questions to ask the person about his expertise that would be of value to his side.

By Putnam not stipulating that Michael is dead, the family side will then have to bring in information showing what happened to Michael & how he died. This will then allow the AEG side to ask questions of the family witnesses that would help their case. Remember the more a person says on the stand, is the more information the cross-examining lawyer has to drill them & get the truth out, or confuse them, or show up their lies. Putnam is going to show that it was Muarry acting alone & Michael who caused Michael death, so this is a crucial area where he cannot stipulate the death.

If he stipulates that Michael died, then it limits his ability to cross-examine about the death & the circumstances around it.

Perhaps the oddest moment of the jury picking occurred Tuesday when AEG attorney Marvin Putnam said he would not stipulate that Michael Jackson was dead.

How bizarre! It's a wrongful death suit, there was a dead body, there was a manslaughter trial. What are they expecting the jackson lawyers to do - take the jury out to forest lawn to inspect the crypt or pore over more autopsy photos? It's one thing to not stipulate the cause of death but to not agree to stipulate that mj is actually dead is just weird. Maybe the reporter got the wrong end of the stick. Or maybe the aeg lawyers are just assholes.

That`s good

Anthony McCartney ?@mccartneyAP 16h

Yes - I'm back from vacation and will be following trial closely RT @andjustice4some: @mccartneyAP You'll be attending on Monday, Anthony?

Bonnie Blue, agreed.

Again, it is difficult to understand this statement without context. However, based on the defendant’s verdict form, they have attempted to distance themselves from the doctor’s proven negligence as a cause of death. They have placed negligence on Michael and his mother.

Referring to the doctor’s proven negligence may implicate them as negligent if it is proven they did indeed hire the negligent doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back