Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

I know that whole thing with Sam Cooke was a major cover up.I think its sad that the public buys into everything they see and just fall into the whole hollywood bullish image. Thats why most of the old heads dont attend any of the current award shows because its all fixed and based on politics.... Its just sad that the industry/ society is made up like this. It just makes me so mad and at times I wish I could voice the the truth or fix the problem lol but it seems if when you do try to keep it real masses bash you... so were like stuck in this artificial bubble.
Well for the most part, the award shows have always worked the same. But now anything is awarded. As far as Sam Cooke goes, the general public didn't care because he was just a "negro singer". His death got little if any press in the mainstream white media of the early 1960's. Sam mostly got coverage in the black press. Sam's manager Allen Klein and Sam's family wanted an investigation, but his widow Barbara Cooke talked Klein out of it.

Re: Prince...........

Does anyone know what Prince thinks of D'angelo?
He respects him a great deal as a artist. they were actually at one time thinking of forming a trio with Lenny Kravitz, however it fell through which was on Lenny.

Prince likes alot of artists.

Prince is coming to Finland in November I think! I'd love to go but I have no one to go with and I don't want to go alone :(

Prince is coming to Finland in November I think! I'd love to go but I have no one to go with and I don't want to go alone :(

Oh come on! YOU MUST GO!
Take your grandma with you if you have to, but GO!
It's one of a kind experience to see Prince live.

He respects him a great deal as a artist. they were actually at one time thinking of forming a trio with Lenny Kravitz, however it fell through which was on Lenny.

Prince likes alot of artists.

Thanks, why I ask is because D delivers a little critique P on the liner notes of the ''Vodoo'' album.

Oh come on! YOU MUST GO!
Take your grandma with you if you have to, but GO!
It's one of a kind experience to see Prince live.
Yeah, I know! I'm trying to get someone to go with. I still have few days before the tickets go on sale :p :angel:

Yeah, I know! I'm trying to get someone to go with. I still have few days before the tickets go on sale :p :angel:

You'd better buy two and then try to find someone to go with! ;)

You'd better buy two and then try to find someone to go with! ;)
That's my last option hehe. Now I just have all my fingers crossed that someone answers my desperate call on fb :lol:

^^^^All Prince did was take off the lead vocal, the bass, and acoustic guitar, and added the electric guitar riff. He even left in Mazarati's background vocals. On the long version of Prince's, there's a sax solo by Eric Leeds and some extra vocals by The Revolution.

^^^^All Prince did was take off the lead vocal, the bass, and acoustic guitar, and added the electric guitar riff. He even left in Mazarati's background vocals. On the long version of Prince's, there's a sax solo by Eric Leeds and some extra vocals by The Revolution.

They should of at least gotten some sort of credit, even if he did write it first.

Guys when can I get the One Night alone Box Set and The Rainbow Children album? Please help.

Well, it happened again. The concert got pushed back. OK, it's not cancelled yet but since Prince has cancelled his 2 previous concerts here I'm not very optimistic right now :(

It was meant to be Oct 15th because there suddenly was time between his European tour concerts, we'll see if he ever comes here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVEA_nf3h5I

Prince announcing a new tour..Well not a prince tour but he will be master of ceremonies...and hav a host of guests

But anyone notice how prince looks?..Remind you of anyone else??...I duno if it was intentional..But i hope on some level it was another silent tribute to mj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVEA_nf3h5I

Prince announcing a new tour..Well not a prince tour but he will be master of ceremonies...and hav a host of guests

But anyone notice how prince looks?..Remind you of anyone else??...I duno if it was intentional..But i hope on some level it was another silent tribute to mj

yeah I saw that and had to take a second look.. the hair, the sunglasses, the design on the shirt and the fact that he gave a press conference to announce this tour reminded me a whole lot of MJ announcing TII

I can't see the video, but someone commented on it: "Lets hope he doesn't hire a doctor" ... :unsure:

*edit: Now I see the video, it really does remind a lot of TII announcement! Btw that concert in Finland is now cancelled (5th time, can you believe?!) so that's it for me seeing him live for anytime soon I guess..

Last edited:

This sounds like it will be one heck of a show!

Yes, I saw a similarity between this announcement and the one Michael made. Coincidence or not?

I may have missed it, but have there been any explanations for the multiple cancellations in Finland?

".....and bring foot spray because it's gonna get funky". That I can definitely believe with the artists involved and Prince being the "ringleader". :yes:

He did remind me of Michael a bit as well.
I love that he is including Janelle Monae in his concerts!

I may have missed it, but have there been any explanations for the multiple cancellations in Finland?

I'm not sure about the previous ones but to this latest cancellation, no:(

BONGANI;3004787 said:
Guys when can I get the One Night alone Box Set and The Rainbow Children album? Please help.

Amazon or Play.com will surely have them and I recommend them both; especially One Nite Alone...Live!

Be careful though, ONAL can be quite pricey; I think mine cost near enough £40 or £50. The Rainbow Children is also high on my list of favourite Prince Albums.

:)

The Moonwalker;3033233 said:
Amazon or Play.com will surely have them and I recommend them both; especially One Nite Alone...Live!

Be careful though, ONAL can be quite pricey; I think mine cost near enough £40 or £50. The Rainbow Children is also high on my list of favourite Prince Albums.

:)

Thank you so much for the response :) His spitting his Jehovah Witness stuff on Rainbow Children but the music itslef has never been funkier and jazzier. I love the organic feel of that album. I need to own it!

Yep sure does remind me of MJ TII Annnouncement.

I knew his favorite new artist he announce would be Janelle Monae. lol

His announcement was almost the same like MJs for TII.

BUT with a big difference: NO LIVE BROADCASTING AROUND THE GLOBE, with media hype and the hysteria of thousands of fans at the place.

but it was nice..., what a pity that Prince is so underestimated artist, what a lack of media interest and fans support...

His announcement was almost the same like MJs for TII.

BUT with a big difference: NO LIVE BROADCASTING AROUND THE GLOBE, with media hype and the hysteria of thousands of fans at the place.

but it was nice..., what a pity that Prince is so underestimated artist, what a lack of media interest and fans support...
Prince is such an unusual artist in many ways.. there's so little about him in the media, not even paparazzi photos. His life is such a mystery at least for me and I don't know how he has managed to keep himself so private..

Back