Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

Re: Prince...........

I'm not actually a Prince fan but I do like a few of his songs and I do respect him as an artist and as a person. My favourite Prince song has to be "Do Me Baby". :p

Bobby Z, the drummer for The Revolution had a heart attack about a week ago. He seems to be doing ok, according to Wendy & Lisa.

I saw Prince last monday at Madison Square Garden and he was incredible! I had seen him in concert before so it wasn't my first time, but it's always great to see him live. I loved when he sang "Scandalous", "Little Red Corvette", "Mountains" and "Nothing Compares U". All of it was great, but those songs were definitely the highlights for me. He also performed "Shake Your Body Down To The Ground"! That was wonderful.

I couldn't help but feel a bit sad at times though during the concert because I realized that I was never going to be able to see my favorite artist MJ live :sigh:.

Ah well, it was a wonderful concert. Prince is great. If you have a chance to see him live and you haven't, GO! He's incredible.

Exclusive! PRINCE Reaches Out To Former Revolution Member After Heart Attack
<!--Amazon_CLS_IM_START-->

Former Prince & The Revolution member Bobby Z. had a heart attack earlier this month. He has since been released and is back home. His former boss has a special treat in mind for him and fans.

Prince will be funking up the Oracle Arena next week in Oakland and Prince and company are rushing to get a new “Cali4nia” tour book ready for opening night! Tickets are selling fast, so you better hurry.

The shot above taken from the Parade era featuring Prince, Bobby Z., & Wendy Melvoin will be in the new version of the tour book. Also, other shots taken at Prince’s recording studio Paisley Park and his run of sold out shows at Madison Square Garden will be featured as well.

Prince & The New Power Generation wants Bobby Z. to come out soon to join the tour and play “Purple Rain” with him.

Prince had this to say exclusively to DrFunkenberry.com;

“Nobody plays drums on the song “Purple Rain” like Bobby. Never flashy or loud, he plays like a slow burn love song. Bobby’s way of playing made each live rendition of the song better than the last.”

Hopefully, Bobby will be able to play “Purple Rain” soon.

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2011/02/18/exclusive-prince-reaches-out-to-former-revolution-member-after-heart-attack/

Hadn't heard about Bobby Z, also hadn't heard about the current concerts outside of the internet. Thanks for keeping us updated DD etc :)

[youtube]Pe3KM7vfNh8[/youtube]
[youtube]l-326dCQFzQ[/youtube]
[youtube]5QB4JfR5IX8[/youtube]
[youtube]WFKCYqtCfYo[/youtube]

Musicology is an amazing album, very underrated. It was one of the first that I remember thinking, "I've really gotta get into this guy!"

^^^ That one and the 3121 album I listen to in turns for days or weeks (when I've heard musicology too many times I switch to 3121 and back around) my husband only cope with it, because he can see how happy i get :)

I have concert from this era - downloaded from somewhere - very plain and simple but great at the same time that I wanted to show you - but I cannot seem to find the file right now... hmmh

I will have to get back to it...

Edit: I really cannot find that dvd

Last edited:

Love Prince! He's my fifth most listened to artist. I'm always listening to songs from Diamonds and Pearls, Emancipation, 3121, Controversy, etc. He has so many. :D I love it. I even love Lotusflow3r and Bria Valente a lot! Great stuff!

Love 20ten as well.

I watch George Lopez sometimes so I noticed he was coming on and made sure I caught it. :)

It was amazing, very memorable.

Love Prince!

Is there anybody here who has a link to his video "Call my name" just impossible to find this video, and he is so goergous in it! I want to have it, if you do, please send me the link by PM because I'll get lost in the thread... Thanks!

DuranDuran, thanks for the George Lopez show interview, missed your post somehow. Prince has fascinated me from the beginning of his career. He's changed alot in recent years, primarily his demeanor. While he has a healthy dose of self assurance, he still manages to come across as quiet, introspective, and humble in the last few years.

Unless my old brain is losing more cells, I don't remember Prince playing the drums; piano and obviously guitar is what I associate with him. That was interesting seeing him do the drum thing with Sheila E.

Only complaint that I have, and most likely some will disagree, is/are those 2 dancers of his, very distracting to me. I want to see HIM dance, period. Knowing of his hip problems though, it most likely will never be the same as years ago.

Thanks again for the clips with George.

Last edited:

Thanks for the George Lopez show videos, Duran Duran. It's good to see you're still here :) Also, found it interesting that Prince is using a military theme for the two women (are they the twinz or new back ups?), wonder where he got idea from :lol: ;)

Ok, another concert announcement for Prince in Finland (again on very short notice). Tickets should go on sale June 8th, if we get that far this time :p The lowest price was quite high (89e) but I'd really want to see him. I don't know yet what I will do. Well I have a week to think about it.. :D

I got a ticket!!! :bugeyed

I'm so excited! Now I just realllly keep my fingers crossed the concert will actually happen this, for the first time!

i've got my ticket for his show in paris ! can't wait !!! he's a genius !!!!! o(+>

Prince is so unbelievably talented to me. ill meet him some day.

ive been a Prince fan since I was 3 yrs old....my dad used to BLAST the 1999 album on cassette in the car. he wore that album out and to this day....that is my favorite Prince album.

DuranDuran, thanks for the George Lopez show interview, missed your post somehow. Prince has fascinated me from the beginning of his career.

Unless my old brain is losing more cells, I don't remember Prince playing the drums; piano and obviously guitar is what I associate with him. That was interesting seeing him do the drum thing with Sheila E.
You're welcome. Prince is also seen playing drums on the Sign O'The Times concert movie during Beautiful Night.

Thanks for the George Lopez show videos, Duran Duran. It's good to see you're still here :)
I still come here sometimes, lol. The site started to become too negative for me, that's why I stopped coming here. It's a lot of arguing and insults. It was like that before, but it got worse after Mike passed.

This new site style seems slower.

I got a ticket!!! :bugeyed

I'm so excited! Now I just realllly keep my fingers crossed the concert will actually happen this, for the first time!

I so wish this one will be the good one, he canceled 6 shows already in Finland!

HE JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY A SHOW IN MONTREAL ON JUNE 24TH AND 25TH!!!
Tickets will be on sale tomorrow at noon,
PLEASE wish me luck so i can have one, been waiting for this for 15 years he's always been my #2 after Michael and I've never seen them in concert, I already missed my chances with Mike, but I HAVE to see Prince!!!!

I just can't go to sleep!!!

I so wish this one will be the good one, he canceled 6 shows already in Finland!
Yep.. :mello: (Actually I think it's 5 shows he has canceled? There must not be a 6th!)
I'm nervous all the time that they'll announce a "postpone" of the concert and eventually it'll be canceled :bugeyed

Good luck with the tickets!!! :clapping:

Wow so your concerts are next week!? He always announces with such a little warning! :p

I still have to wait over a month :timer:

Back