Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

Re: Prince...........

Prince is such an unusual artist in many ways.. there's so little about him in the media, not even paparazzi photos. His life is such a mystery at least for me and I don't know how he has managed to keep himself so private..
I don't think Prince is that interested in fame and so isn't seen often in celebrity hangouts where paps hang out. He sought it out in the early 80's and it didn't really seem to work for him and started to rebel against it. He seems to be more interested in control. That's why he's done few, if any, actual collabs with other acts. Sure he's done a few duets (Sheena Easton, Madonna, George Clinton), but they were basically just singing on his songs. He ignores his album catalogue and some of them go out print, (especially the ones after he left Warners), and tries to shut down fan magazines/websites. He deletes his music from sites like Youtube, but seems to have slacked up on that lately, because there's all kinds of stuff on there now. Rumor has it that Youtube is paying him. Prince also doesn't always release albums with commercial aspirations (Rainbow Children, N.E.W.S., the Madhouse albums, etc.) I think he just focused on getting hit records in the mid 1980's to make money and then just did what he wanted afterward. How many other people has released a record about the JW's, filmed lots of music videos that have never been shown to the public. :D

Prince is such an unusual artist in many ways.. there's so little about him in the media, not even paparazzi photos. His life is such a mystery at least for me and I don't know how he has managed to keep himself so private..

Well he lives in minneapolis not LA or New york,there are hardly any paps there
I lived in minneapolis for almost a year and went to paisley park a few times,he can definitely walk freely in the city and rarely bothered by fans,stalkers and groupies.

Well he lives in minneapolis not LA or New york,there are hardly any paps there
I lived in minneapolis for almost a year and went to paisley park a few times,he can definitely walk freely in the city and rarely bothered by fans,stalkers and groupies.

Actually, He's based in LA for most of the time. Since the early 2000's he's living on a private gated 'celebrity' condo*...

*An LA Times article states it's 'Beverly Park Community', in the Hills above the city ;)

Last edited:

Well,I dont know if he spends most of his time in LA now or not, it's been ages since I visited the twin cities Though I still have friends there and was told they see him once in a while,I think the last time they saw him was a few months ago at the gas station with larry and his wife. when I lived there I was shocked he was treated just like any other citizen and btw he is well loved there.

But still, he's Prince! If I was a pap I'd travel to Antarctis to get a shot of him.

Anyway, point was that he's such a mysterical character, even more than Michael.

Anyone going to see Prince on his new tour? He just announced dates in NYC and NJ. I'm so happy he'll be coming to "Madison Square Garden". I can't wait. I'm def. getting tickets.

Anyone going to see Prince on his new tour? He just announced dates in NYC and NJ. I'm so happy he'll be coming to "Madison Square Garden". I can't wait. I'm def. getting tickets.

:no:No but my mom, my borther & my aunt is going to see Prince at the IZON Center for Dec 14th. But for me I'm not going to see him on tour.... because I really do listen to his music so much when I get really bored at some point. My mom always been a Prince fan when he first came out:wub:

Ah. My other favourite artist of all time. Loving Prince. Always have done.

My favourite album is 'Sign of the Times' followed by 'Parade'.

How does this man stay looking so damn young?? He's always dressed immaculately and never seems to age...

I want to know his secret!

It was just announced that Prince is doing a concert here in Holland.
(in 2 weeks, talk about random lol)
I've never been a huge fan (more of a casual fan) so I'm not sure what I should do.
I'm afraid if I don't go I will regret it. lol

It was just announced that Prince is doing a concert here in Holland.
(in 2 weeks, talk about random lol)
I've never been a huge fan (more of a casual fan) so I'm not sure what I should do.
I'm afraid if I don't go I will regret it. lol
It was the same with Finland a month ago, a concert was announced to be held in two weeks. When the tickets was about to go sold, they said they can't sell the tickets yet because of uncertainities of the seating area, and after the concert being pushed back, eventually the whole thing got cancelled (for the 5th time in here..).

Hopefully you have some better luck! And please GO to the concert! :)

I got ticketsd to Prince's gig in Holland: YAYYYYYYY

Prince, like Stevie Wonder a Mozardian musician. Would like to see him in concert.

I'll see him in 2 days WOOHOOOOOOOO

A true legend, one of the last ones still alive :(.

I'll see him in 2 days WOOHOOOOOOOO

A true legend, one of the last ones still alive :(.
There's many still alive like B.B. King, Betty Wright, Stevie Wonder, Buddy Guy, George Benson, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr, Tony Bennett, Etta James, Bettye LaVette, Nancy Wilson, Barbra Striesand, Smokey Robinson, Quincy Jones, Tom Jones, Billy Joel, Ozzy Osbourne, etc.

It kinda depends what your definition is of a Legend ;), a worldwide one i mean..
ALthough i surely consider Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Tina Turner, etc legends too!

The gig was AMAZING b.t.w.
almost 3 hrs of music, live singing....i'm totally WOW.

We made it to the first circle in front of the stage but after 2,5 hours i got claustrophobic (too many people were let in the pit) and we watched the last half hour of the gig at the side of the stadium.

^^^^Well to me a legend is an old story, not a person. I never refer to anyone as a legend. But I know people here do. :D

The gig was A-mazing...

Also LOVED the little tribute he did for MJ :D.

Yeah, he did 'shake your body' and told the crowd to give it up for MJ....
Also he was wearing 1 (black sparkly) glove during Kiss...

it starts at 1.35

Is anybody in here going to see him on his "Welcome 2 America Tour"?

Damn, it's gonna be awesome! Such a shame I'll have to content myself with the bootlegs... :p

unfortunately not going to see this tour, bootlegs sound interesting though lol saw him at the o2 in 2007 so good

Aw man seeing the videos from the concert he did here in Holland, I regret not going.
It looks like it was a great concert.

From 4:00 onwards reminds me a lot of MJ...
[youtube]KITJT3ccydY[/youtube]

^ Nice choice, I love this song!

Another Lonely Christmas, God, Erotic City, Irresistible Bitch, 17 Days (one of Prince's best songs), 4 The Tears In Your Eyes... The Purple Rain album was so good that he had to release so many great songs as B-Sides!

Besides the ones that remain in the vault! Such as Electric Intercourse:

Ahh... such a great era... :smilerolleyes:

Back