Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

Yeah he announced them on Monday, tickets were on sale Tuesday and the show is next week..
I hate it that he announces them this short before the event... That's why I've never been able to see him before, I don't keep 500$ in case he'll come the next week!

:lol: I couldn't help but laugh at this response. Prince ! :lol:

Yeah he announced them on Monday, tickets were on sale Tuesday and the show is next week..
I hate it that he announces them this short before the event... That's why I've never been able to see him before, I don't keep 500$ in case he'll come the next week!

Ok.... I've had my 2 Prince shows last weekend...

I still haven't recovered, and probably never will.

The first show, on the night of 24th/25th of June.. lasted 4HOURS!!!! The whole thing ended at 3h30am! He gave the most amazing show on earth, he danced like crazy, he smiled smiled and seemed to enjoy being here sooo much (well, he's the one who called to come to the jazz festival, not the opposite)

The second show... on the 25th/26th night, like if it was even possible, was even better!!! It lasted 3,5 hours but he gave it all, the songs we wanted to hear, he changed clothing (omg those tight white pants) he played a 10 minutes bass solo which just killed me and brought me to heaven, he did Kiss, Shhh (yaaayy) Nothing compares to you, take me with you.. and so many more..

I mean, the guy is 53 years old, looking perfectly good, singing live and all the way without any difficulty, looking happy and in perfect shape, dancing his ass off on high heels during 7,5 hours in the same weekend...
I'm in love. Simply.. oh yeah.. I was f***ing front row! Had a pic with the drummer and a drumstick...

Those were my 1st ever 2 Prince shows.. couldn't ask for better.

Lucky you! I heard they were fantastic

The first show, on the night of 24th/25th of June.. lasted 4HOURS!!!! The whole thing ended at 3h30am! He gave the most amazing show on earth, he danced like crazy, he smiled smiled and seemed to enjoy being here sooo much (well, he's the one who called to come to the jazz festival, not the opposite)

The second show... on the 25th/26th night, like if it was even possible, was even better!!! It lasted 3,5 hours but he gave it all, the songs we wanted to hear, he changed clothing (omg those tight white pants) he played a 10 minutes bass solo which just killed me and brought me to heaven, he did Kiss, Shhh (yaaayy) Nothing compares to you, take me with you.. and so many more..

I mean, the guy is 53 years old, looking perfectly good, singing live and all the way without any difficulty, looking happy and in perfect shape, dancing his ass off on high heels during 7,5 hours in the same weekend...
I'm in love. Simply.. oh yeah.. I was f***ing front row! Had a pic with the drummer and a drumstick...

OOohh :bugeyed :bugeyed Happy for you!!!

I hope he's that energetic in Helsinki! (4 weeks and I'm starting to hope this one will actually happen!)

OOohh :bugeyed :bugeyed Happy for you!!!

I hope he's that energetic in Helsinki! (4 weeks and I'm starting to hope this one will actually happen!)

I hope this will be your time now!!! After all those cancellations! I'll cross finger for you!!! Hope he'll be as energetic too! Tell me!

As for me, I'm in total heaven, I can die now. simple.

Annie123: YES THEY WERE FANTASTIC!!!! omg!

I hope this will be your time now!!! After all those cancellations! I'll cross finger for you!!! Hope he'll be as energetic too! Tell me!

As for me, I'm in total heaven, I can die now. simple.

Annie123: YES THEY WERE FANTASTIC!!!! omg!

Thanks! I will definitely tell you guys how the concert went!

Have you seen the setlist of the show he did tonight in Ghent?? OMG it's the most fantastic setlist so far for Europe!!1 I hope you'll get something that good! There are many songs in there I wish he would have done in Montreal!!!

When Eye Lay My hands On U
Endorphinmachine
She's Always In My Hair
Dreamer - Welcome 2 America
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Purple Rain
D.M.S.R. (± 15 minutes)
The Beautiful Ones
Mountains
Everyday People
Come Together
Shhh - U Will Be... With Me
Controversy
Make You Feel My Love
Let's Go Crazy
Delirious
Let's Go Crazy [reprise]
Little Red Corvette
Nothing Compares 2 U
Crimson And Clover - Waiting In Vain
===================================================
Raspberry Beret
Cream
Cool - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Let's Work
U Got The Look
Kiss
Jungle Love
The Bird
The Glamorous Life - Soul Sacrifice
Sometimes It Snows In April [solo on piano???]
Peach

The One, and he just arrived in Helsinki.. at the ''Kamp'' ?

Yyaaay my friend who couldn,t go.. is finally going, that's great!!! I'M happy for her, I'M sure you'll all enjoy it!!!

The One-hope you have a great show,saw Prince in 2006 at the o2, was so worth it

Saw a raspberry beret at a second-hand store the very day Prince was gonna perform in my city... took it as a sing and bought a ticket (bought the beret too, naturally). I don't regret at all, it was amazing! What made it even more fun for me was that I was sitting/standing next to an MJ fan (or someone who just wore a black jacket with sequine stripes and a white armband and got exited when they played a bit of DSTYGE for no reason):) Four encores made it definietly worth the money :p

I just ask, HOW AMAZING WAS THAT!?!?!

I haven't been to many concerts but dude I was in heaven after this one! He was so energetic, smiled, danced, sounded great, people we're in the mood with him, it was perfect!!! I had a good seat too, even though it was up there, I could see him so clearly and almost everyone danced and screamed like those in front of the stage. And the woman next to me was an MJ fan too! :D

A girl fainted on the floor before the show started (it was freaking hot in there, I was sweating like I was in sauna), I don't know if she got to come back to watch the show, I really hope she did!!! Also some people thought the show was over and left before Prince came back for the encores! I hope I left at the right time! :D

The only song I kind of missed was I wanna be your lover but I don't want to complain because still it was awesomeeeeee, I'm so happy I was there!!!! I have seen Prince!!!! :lol:

We like funky music!!!!

Awww so glad you enjoyed it!
My friend was able to go to last minute (I talked to you about her before.. maybe she's the one who was with you?)

I followed the concert on a forum, was reading the song title as they were played, you had a great setlist, I wish it would have been longer for you all, but hey it looked great, and the pics, wow he looks gorgeous!!!

The woman next to me said she got a ticket week or two before the show.

Yeah he looked great and really he seemed to be on such a good mood, smiling a lot and all :) Oh it was so great, I wish it was longer too! Who knows if he ever comes here again.

Definitely worth waiting all these years (even though I have been a fan only for a year or so :lol: :lol:), thank you Prince!

Going to see Prince in Budapest on the 9th August. The concert was announced just a few days ago!

Re: Prince...........

does anyone have or know anyone that has the full versions of unreleased Prince songs "Cosmic Day" and "Traffic Jam"?

The man is brilliant, i love his music. His catalogue is full of wonderful surprises. I love everything - from the usual 'suspects' like Sign o' the times, Purple Rain to the Rainbow children stuff that so many feel is too religious. I used to play 3121 all the time in my car a few years ago. The lyrics, the funk, his performances.....all amazing.

Don't even get me started on the themes of some of his songs. That man is brave, not many were or are capable to write as daring things as he did. I've always loved artists who were not afraid to acknowledge all the varieties of freaks in them - from the Jesus freak to the one in bed. They are part of the same being and the same soul, ain't no shame or sin in it. All of it seasoned with a good dose of social rebellion and global consciousnesses makes it even better.

He has written some of the most incredible pieces in the history of art. He is a complete genius. Can't wait to actually see him at work. I still feel so sorry about not catching him in Berlin.

It is well known he ain't big on his music being online, he would probably kick my Shabby behind right about now, but i cannot help but share with y'all one of his grooviest songs and vids. Btw of great lyrics, who else but him could've come up with '...cause we got a PhD in advanced body motion'. How cool is that? lol Here goes MUSICOLOGY. Enjoy :)

I am a great fan of art in general and of music in particular. There are many artists whose work i admire deeply and i am very thankful to them for sharing their talent and craft with us, but if there is someone i need to thank it is this man - THANK YOU SIR. God bless you and your loved ones. God bless you abundantly.

Last edited:
PRINCE coming to Canada for a tour!!!

WELCOME 2 CANADA TOUR!!!
blank.gif

Fri 11/25/11 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Sat 11/26/11 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
Wed 11/30/11 Halifax, NS Halifax Metro Centre
Fri 12/02/11 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
Sat 12/03/11 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place
Mon 12/05/11 London, ON The John Labatt Centre

Thu 12/08/11 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
Sun 12/11/11 Saskatoon, SK Credit Union Centre
Tue 12/13/11 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Fri 12/16/11 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Sat 12/17/11 Victoria, BC Save On Foods Memorial Centre

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!! Saw him in June in Montreal.. and he comes again... What a year!!!
*jumping creaming crying*

He's a great live act, one of the best today. I've always appreciated his music and especially his producing talents, but since I saw him live I have much more respect for him. He got some very FUNKY stuff and to top it off ,he's very good at arranging his music which I appreciate very much.

Back