Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

Re: Prince...........

Thanks for all the videos, The live version of Reflections is a masterpiece. I got a lot of unreleased songs so If you're looking for unreleased song, ask me, cause I might have it. Many of his best song have gotten shelved throughout the years

^^^

This is so true. Some of Prince's best songs are his unreleased ones. His B-sides are great as well.

Ok, so I am a little late on the whole Prince bandwagon. REALLY late actually! I remember seeing his mv's as a kid and thought they were cool, but that's it. I have only now come to realize the genius of this man's work, and I am loving it.

And honestly........in no way can people compare Prince to Michael.......c'mon.....apples n' oranges, man.

I am buying cd's left and right whenever I have the money! But one quick question. Why aren't his videos able to be looked at on YouTube? I am sure there is a simple explanation for it, but I really wanted to watch some of his videos......and I hate going to MTV or VH1 to find them and wait for them to load up.

And Superstition, that Chaka Kahn tribute video!!! What show was that on? Just wondering.

Woooo, I officially love Prince!

But one quick question. Why aren't his videos able to be looked at on YouTube? I am sure there is a simple explanation for it, but I really wanted to watch some of his videos......and I hate going to MTV or VH1 to find them and wait for them to load up.
Because Prince is a total controlfreak and doesn't want his videos and pictures anywhere on the net except on his own website (or on sites which pay him) which is now defunct!

20081002T052052-PS%20Latest%201-1.jpg

Prince's friend and photographer says he is very shy.

Prince has played to thousands of people all over the world but it has been revealed that out of the spotlight the star has a solitary and shy side to him.

In 2007 Prince played 21 sell-out concerts at London's O2 Arena and photographer Randee St Nicholas captured behind the scenes footage of the superstar.

And now Randee has revealed what Prince is really like off stage. She said: "He's got a very solitary, introspective side. A very artistic side that's very deep.

"When you see this book you will see how on his own he was. It was a very solitary time when he was here in London and he spends a lot of time on his own.

"He's social but I think he is shy. If he knows you and has something to say, he'll talk to you for hours. If he doesn't know you he's shy."

Asked if there was anything that would shock people about Prince, Randee said: "He's incredibly intellectual, he's an avid reader, he's very very smart and he's educated on pretty much any subject you want to talk about and he's also hilariously funny. I think those are two things that would make people go 'wow, I never thought he would be like that.'"

The photography book, 21 Nights, by Randee and Prince went on sale earlier this week.

Source: Virgin Media -- October 2, 2008

It doesn't surprise me that Prince is deep and humorous. It shows in his work. Thanks again for the article. I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying this book :)

"Asked if there was anything that would shock people about Prince, Randee said: "He's incredibly intellectual, he's an avid reader, he's very very smart and he's educated on pretty much any subject you want to talk about and he's also hilariously funny. I think those are two things that would make people go 'wow, I never thought he would be like that.'"

I just my hands on some snippets to some more unreleased tracks!

Cosmic Day
Everybody Want What They Don't Got
Big House
Adonis and Bathsheba

Look for his maxi singles with the full versions of some of his songs like the 22 minute version of "America". Susan Rogers (Prince's engineer in the 80s) said The Revolution played much longer than that on "America", but the tape ran out.

Look for his maxi singles with the full versions of some of his songs like the 22 minute version of "America". Susan Rogers (Prince's engineer in the 80s) said The Revolution played much longer than that on "America", but the tape ran out.
I have the 22 minute version. I have alot of Prince material :cheers:

29017759.jpg

Prince has cut a singular path through the heart of popular music for more than 30 years. After making some of the most inventive albums of the 80s - including 1999, Purple Rain, and Sign "O" The Times - he turned his attention to redefining his role in the music industry, changing his name to an unpronounceable symbol, declaring war on Warner Bros, and leading the internet revolution.

Prince: Life and Times is an authoritative chronicle of his career to date, covering every album, every movie, and every tour. It includes profiles of various key collaborators, assesses his business dealings, and details his many and varied side-projects - on stage, on record, on screen, and beyond.

Author Jason Draper is a writer and editor based in London, England. He is the author of a number of books, including Led Zeppelin Revealed, and is the reviews editor of Record Collector magazine.

Product Details
ISBN: 1906002185
ISBN-13: 9781906002183
Format: Hardcover, 288pp
Publisher: Barnes & Noble
Pub. Date: September 2008
Sales Rank: 133

31114417.jpg

31114419.jpg

31114421.jpg

31114423.jpg

Source: Barnes & Noble -- October 5, 2008

Wow, very tempting. Definitely worth another look, thanks :)

29017759.jpg

Prince has cut a singular path through the heart of popular music for more than 30 years. After making some of the most inventive albums of the 80s - including 1999, Purple Rain, and Sign "O" The Times - he turned his attention to redefining his role in the music industry, changing his name to an unpronounceable symbol, declaring war on Warner Bros, and leading the internet revolution.

Prince: Life and Times is an authoritative chronicle of his career to date, covering every album, every movie, and every tour. It includes profiles of various key collaborators, assesses his business dealings, and details his many and varied side-projects - on stage, on record, on screen, and beyond.

Author Jason Draper is a writer and editor based in London, England. He is the author of a number of books, including Led Zeppelin Revealed, and is the reviews editor of Record Collector magazine.

Product Details
ISBN: 1906002185
ISBN-13: 9781906002183
Format: Hardcover, 288pp
Publisher: Barnes & Noble
Pub. Date: September 2008
Sales Rank: 133

31114417.jpg

31114419.jpg

31114421.jpg

31114423.jpg

Source: Barnes & Noble -- October 5, 2008

The best books about Prince is DMSR by Per Nielson and Possessed by Alex Hahn

1-Sign 'o' times
2-purple rain
3-dirty mind
4-1999
5-black album
6-gold experience
7-crystal ball
8-planet earth
9-dream factory (bootleg)
10-the hits/the b-sides

as for songs...ill have 2 get back 2 u on that

Just bought the gold experience 2LP on ebay, now I have both the promo and the ordinary release. GE is a must have if you're a prince-fan, some think it's overproduced but I don't agree.

I got my 21 nights book today, I didn't realize it was gonna be that big, anyway it's a cool book, haven't listened to the cd yet

I must say I was never a Prince fan. Theres maybe three songs that I like of his now though which was more than a few years ago. My now Ex GF was a big fan of his which is pretty funny. Because I basically said I would never like Prince and she basically said she would never like MJ. Well now shes a big fan of his and I can appreciate Prince at least lol.

I dont know why but I really like When Dove's Cry.

He's my all time favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I just deleted The Work Volume 1-5 off my hard drive because I'm downloading Revelation 2.1 right now

I loooove Prince. My fav songs have to be:

Erotic City
Gett Off
Controversy

His guitar solos are amazing, his dancing is cool, and he is hella fine. He looked good especially during the Purple Rain era. Man, 80s Prince is just... mmmm.

I loooove Prince!! My fave songs are ''Gett Off'', ''Cream'', ''Purple Rain'', ''When Doves Cry'', ''Let's Go Crazy'', ''Little Red Corvette'', ''1999'', ''I Would Die 4 U'', ''The Most Beautiful Girl In The World'' and soooo many more. I'd love to see him live.

Here's MTV music site where ou can watch some of his music videos. CHECK IT OUT

http://www.mtvmusic.com/artist/?name=prince

Wow, I had no idea you could still view some of his videos, thought he had them removed from everywhere. Thanks so much!

One of my very favorite Prince videos, Partyman (Batman related) is on there. It's so unusual, but the music has me dancing in my chair. Definitely something to view if anyone is even remotely interested in Prince and hasn't seen it. You can certainly see why he has reportedly had hip problems.

Not really sure if this is allowable in Prince's eyes, but here's the link to the video on MTV. Staff please remove if it is a problem legal wise (and Prince wise as well, you know how he is). http://www.mtvmusic.com/video/?id=54163

OMG thanks for the mtv link too.! that batman video cracks me up myself. the dancers dancing in costume.
i love his Pop up video facts on there lmao ''doves dont cry, they coo'' lmao
other websites do show prince vids like myspace and aol. i guess he doesnt like youtube because regular people put the vids up without paying him. but mtv can since they are legit. i guess cause its legal. the war of putting prince vids on youtube is kinda silly though.. they either remove it or take the volume away lol ohwell. it would be a way for him to get more new fans if he would let it be. prince ''fighting with his fans'' is that what people say? haha ok anywho

i also love how vh1 even with all the lame reality shows that they still show on there, that they still show the movies from the two kings prince and michael.....purple rain and jacksons: an american dream. they showed purple rain i think a week ago. they always put it at 11pm if its on. i cant stop watching it though , im finding prince more attractive everyday! lol 80s prince. i love jery curls i guess.

when doves cry
lets go crazy
rasberry beret
the most beautiful girl in the world
listen to the most:)

^^Prince reportedly said he has plans for his own TV network. Maybe a On Demand kind of thing

Back