Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight - endorses jackets by J5 / Jackson's sue for nonpayment

froggytuff

Proud Member
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/10/showbiz/prince-jackson/

Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's oldest son, Prince, takes another step into the public eye this week with his first commercial endorsement.

Prince Jackson, 14, revealed in an interview that while he can't sing or dance like his father, he wants to be a television and movie actor. He has previously said he wanted to be a director.

While some Jackson fans may object, saying Prince Jackson is too young to be involved in an endorsement, the lawyer for grandmother Katherine Jackson said steps are being taken to "make sure that going forward everything with the children is done by the book."

Prince isn't doing it for the money, but as a favor for his uncles, the four surviving original members of the Jackson 5 group that featured his father.

None of the marketing materials for the jackets includes Prince's name or image, but he did join Jackie, Marlon and Tito Jackson recently when they autographed 1,000 replicas of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" and "Thriller" leather jackets. Jermaine Jackson also signed the jackets, which go on sale Thursday through Amazon.com.

The J5 Collection, which is based on the styles of the Jackson 5, will introduce Michael Jackson's style "to a new generation," Prince Jackson told CNN.

He might wear them to "dress up parties," he said. "It's not casual, but it's nice to wear to events."

Prince Jackson, who's about 5-foot-10, is showing signs of a young man who is ready to make his own mark on the world.

Jackson's three children -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- were famously sheltered from public view until their father's death on June 25th, 2009. It wasn't until the pop icon's memorial service that the world got a close look at them.

Paris, now 13, spoke for her brothers then, saying her "daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine."

Prince Jackson spoke up on the Grammys stage in February 2010 when he accepted his father's lifetime achievement award.

"To all his songs, his message was simple, love," then-12-year-old Prince said. "We will continue to spread his message and help the world."

Since then, Prince talked briefly to Oprah Winfrey when she visited his home last year to interview grandparents Joe and Katherine Jackson.

Prince also walked a red carpet and answered a few questions from reporters during a recent trip to Germany to accept an award to his father.

He smiled broadly and appeared confident on stage at the tribute show to his father in Wales last month when he introduced Beyonce's song.

Prince said he's hoping to travel with Jackie, Tito and Marlon Jackson when they perform shows in Japan next month. The plan is to have Prince introduce his uncles on stage, Marlon Jackson said.

Perry Sanders, the lawyer for Katherine Jackson, said Prince has indicated he is determined to make his own money, even though he will inherit many millions from his father's estate.

Taking care to make the right decisions about what deals to accept and what to reject is crucial to protecting his brand as the eldest son of the King of Pop, he said.

His uncles asked Prince to support the "Thriller" and "Beat It" jacket sales, a line that is authorized by the executors of the Michael Jackson estate.

"These limited quantity collector's items are exact replicas of the iconic originals and were created by the original designer of the jackets," according to a news release.

Michael Jackson debuted the red "Beat It" and red and black "Thriller" jackets, designed by Marc Laurent, in 1983. The Jackson brothers signed 500 of each jacket, which will sell for $2,350.

Re: Prince Jackson steps into public spotlight - endorses jackets by J5

I don't like this idea, personally. i think they're exploiting Prince.

I can't help but feel that Prince is being taken advantage of. :no:

Prince isn't doing it for the money, but as a favor for his uncles, the four surviving original members of the Jackson 5 group that featured his father.

Why am i not surprised tisk tisk

His uncles asked Prince to support the "Thriller" and "Beat It" jacket sales, a line that is authorized by the executors of the Michael Jackson estate.

Is this true?

Who effin cares about Thriller Jackets signed by these has beens?

Shame on the MJ estate for allow this fakery to take place. The jackets Paris wore to the flopbute looked nothing like MJ's thriller jacket...just some cheap replica.

I will NEVER buy anything from the Jacksons...never. noteven if they have Prince, Paris & Blanket hawk them until they are blue in the face.

I am hoping these jackets will flop hard...like the j5 t-shirts last year.

It feels like history is repeating itself. Now Michael's oldest son is doing favors for the family.

As a favor for his grown as$ uncles? Jeez, why am I not surprised?

this is embarrassing.

I just really dont even have the strength right now....sigh,

I'd rather have a Michael Jackson signed "Beat It" or "Thriller" replica jacket thank you.

Cash cow number two

I'd rather have a Michael Jackson signed "Beat It" or "Thriller" replica jacket thank you.

for real :)

what do Jackie, Marlon and Tito have to do with Thriller and Beat It jackets? lol

Is this true?

I think it is. I remember reading that Jackie will set the store in Las Vegas attached to the Cirque du Soleil permanent show. Would be strange if this kind of venture was not authorized by the Estate.

speechless

Using their father since 5 is not enough, now they are using his kids to sell products and promoting concert (again)? This is low. At least MJ loved show business and he did have talent to be famous. These kids were used just because they have a famous Dad. I know Prince just wanted to spread his Dad's love and maintain his legacy. However, what the family did is just exploiting those kids and using their love to their Dad. It's really sad.

BTW, I thought the concert in Cardiff is one and only lol. The Jacksons just keep slapping their own face.

Has anyone seen the movie Clue when the people kept being killed off and when the went into the last room and saw the dead body, they just all stood there shaking their heads in disgust because it happened so many times before?

Well that is how I felt when I read OP's post.

Could this story be a little exaggerated? Here's why

From Amazon description

Hand-signed by the original Jackson 5 members Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, and Marlon and includes a printed replication of Michael Jackson's signature

There's no mention of Prince

and a picture

t62obc.jpg

and here are the links of you have $2,350 lying around.

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackson-Thriller-Jacket-Collectible/dp/B0051D3E7M

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackson-Beat-Jacket-Collectible/dp/B0050KTTNY

edit: never mind I guess I read it wrong. I thought it said he signed the jackets. but the article actually says he didn't sign them but attended to an endorsement event. My bad. I had a brain fart apparently.

So because the jackets are signed by the remaining "has-been" members of the Jackson-Five, WE, Michael Jackson fans are supposed to run out and purchase them? LOL! Is that their latest scam.

And for the OVER-PRICED amount of $2,350.00. They have got to be kidding. Seriously!

The brothers must really think highly of themselves.

Also is it CONFIRMED that The Estate Of Michael Jackson approved of this "venture?" I only ask, because some folks just like to add that line, in order to garner some credibility. They know that's the FIRST question the fans will ask, i.e. "is this Estate approved."

I can't. I'm drained. SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE PLEASE STOP IT. MICHAEL PLEASE COME AND HAUNT THEM, HARD!!

I just can't.

Michael was in his prime when he left the J5. Do they realise that? The 'Thriller' and 'Beat It' jackets were worn in his OWN solo career. Not theirs.

everything MJ achieved on his own belong to them and has to be shared with them cause that's what family means to Katherine.

I don't know what to say....

The ONLY normal childhood the children had is when Michael was here......

My heart feels for those kids.....

Sometimes, pictures can say a thousand words, not all of the time, but definitely some of the time, in my opinion.

Check it out: Allan Duke posted two pictures of his "meeting" with Prince. Jackie and Marlon are also in the picture, but OF COURSE the focus is completely on Prince in the 2 posted pictures. In one picture, Prince is sitting there with his arms crossed, clearly looking either bored, or he just doesn't want to be there, or maye both. Oh and he has that ever present "earbud" in his ear while Duke is apparently trying to engage him in interview dialog.

Jackie and Marlon are sitting to the side. I wonder how they feel KNOWING that the focus is really on their young nephew and totally not on them, or if they even care. Looking at that picture, makes me embarrassed for them. Nobody has been interested in them for years, and now they have "attached" themselves to their young nephew in the hopes that somebody out there will pay attention to them, i.e. "look at us, Michael Jackson's son is with us."

It's just a pathetic, desperate set of events, in my little ole opinion.

I hate this, I really hate this. All it screams is 'Jackson family using the kids as cash cows.' Makes me sick.

And to make those pictures even MORE embarrassing for Jackie and Marlon -

Allan Duke has them listed as: Pictures from my interview with "Prince Jackson AND HIS UNCLES."

LOL!

For Mr. Duke, it would appear that Jackie and Marlon are merely an afterthought.

(EDIT: Look at that last picture of Prince and write a caption.)

ok. Prince is old enough to make up his own mind and we need to respect him and his choices the same way we did Michael's. I think this is something Prince may have actually wanted to do so i dont see any objection to it. He is not being exploited nothing has his name or likeness on it except the one he autographed which again was his choice.. We need to stop trying to control children that are not ours. Theses kids have their own minds and can, believe it or not, make them up for themselves. Respect them as we respect their father. I am very proud of him for wanting to make sure everyone has a piece of Michael. in the good way. Michael wouldn't object he was going to put out a clothing line anyway.

umm, what?

Back