Producer for MJ's new album? If you could only select 1 producer who would it be

Michael Jackson, without a doubt!!!

Do you think MJ could produce a entire album on his own today and it sound updated. Many older artist. especially who make comebacks in the r&b and pop scene need younger producers with fresh and up to date beats and sounds.

Uhm....Thriller and Bad were produced by Quincy Jones....who always was thought to be more of a JAZZ producer...And he's older than Michael. And look at where those albums went!!! Michael doesn't need some "young punk" to tell him what to do. He can work with some and do some songs together, but I think when it comes to MUSIC...Michael is smarter than any young artist there is and has been and he'll know what to do. I mean, when it comes down to it...it' s GREAT MUSIC that sells... Besides, most producer's today make all the songs sound the same. And that can get REALLY boring. ´

I just want Michael to listen to his heart and his EARS and his instincts and do what ever he thinks is right. When it comes to music, I trust him 100%.

Last edited:
James Poyser

you hoping for an MJ/Lauryn Hill duet on the album? :cheeky:

actually he wouldn't be bad imo :yes:

I wouldn't mind seeing Q pop up either :yes:

but I'm quite happy if it's just Michael :yes:

Last edited:
i believe he should unite with quincy and ne-yo, it would be great combo of classical sound and new fresh music, + the mj vocals that are always perfect and with the time flow, ž

sparks are gonna fly

you hoping for an MJ/Lauryn Hill duet on the album? :cheeky:
heh Lauryn would be great to feature anywhere but Poyser's just so soulful i really like his all-round ideas and sounds. but he's just one of many - hence the thread title lol

and so many people are saying Teddy
f_blush.gif
, the guy lost his edge after '91. the man lost his studio, too.

but from a mainstream (and realistic) perspective, i think will.i.am is a great choice (if he makes the cut) and so is Ne-Yo.

Dallas Austin.
AMEN.
I was thinking of Dallas too.

Pharrell Williams (The Neptunes)
Been sayin' this sh!t for years.

Hollaback.

I remember! Cause I was saying the same thing. Lol!
His album IN MY MIND is off the hook. It really didnt get the recognition it shoulda.

R.Kelly would be cool too.

But preferably, MJ all by his lonesome. :)

no...not at all.
but it is not an mj track, so im praying that his album will be very different.

whel i like it, - at least the mj part, altough his voice could be more powerfull, and intruments more pioneering and inovative

Pharrell Williams or Teddy Riley

Kingofpop2424 - We always say Pharrell in these type of threads, lol, have done since MJNO if i remember rightly, IMO no-ones been better than him for years, since around 2001 he's ruled the production scene, everything he's touched since 'In Search Of' I'd say, still goes unrecognised though.

Last edited:

Kingofpop2424 - We always say Pharrell in these type of threads, lol, have done since MJNO if i remember rightly, IMO no-ones been better than him for years, since around 2001 he's ruled the production scene, everything he's touched since 'In Search Of' I'd say, still goes unrecognised though.

lol i've been saying it since MJNO too

i REALLY dont know why MJ hasn't gone near The Neptunes.

Michael Jackson & The Neptunes & Live Instruments = AMAZING

WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What amazing music the two could make. MJ and Royksoop! Haven't thought or heard them in years. I used to be crazy about their MELODY AM album. So good! I wish Michael would go into a more experimental, crazy, electro-pop-glam-edgy direction...even though I have no idea of what's coming...

Royksopp would be great:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hu684V2lB3Q&feature=related

And a couple of songs produced with Koop wouldn't be so bad either:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=akE4BnH5kdA

RS

Teddy Riley is passed his prime. Hasn't had a hit in years

Stevie B. I so wish Michael will do Freestyle, would be the right sound for him. If Janet is good at it, imagine, he could do it even better...

Michael just shouldn't work with someone who works with EVERYONE that is boring and makes every song sound equally. I'm sure he'll make the right choice. Still it's a great secret and that makes it so exciting. He does something unexpected and the world wants to know what that could be. The new album is going to be a big surprise. I like it that way.

maybe, but also he needs a new name to go with, you cant go back in time, stay with the flow, and today the best is ne-yo

Concerning Stevie Wonder as a producer to work alongside Michael.. I would like to quote you why he is with the time and able to create fantastic music..

This is from a recent review of Stevie Wonder in concert at White River in Auburn..

"Stevie Wonder's powers are undiminished. At 58, the great Motown legend is as vital and creative as ever. He still has a wondrous, youthful spirit, and beguiling, mischievous charm."

"The one new song, "Keep Fooling Yourself Little Girl," showed he still has a gift for clever lyrics and rich instrumental arrangements."

Stevie would be a fantastic assent in the production of Michael's new album imo.

Yeah, you're right Dangerous. Since 2001, Pharrell & Chad have dominated music with their unique sound and style. It's a damn shame Michael has chose to ignore them, instead of give them a chance. Ne-Yo is an awesome choice, Akon's okay, will.i.am stinks (IMO), and Timbaland has a great sound, but just doesn't mesh well with MJ's sound. So that pretty much leaves Pharrell.
Dissing him is poor judgment, if you ask me.
Polow da Don is pretty cool too.

Hollaback.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right Dangerous. Since 2001, Pharrell & Chad have dominated music with their unique sound and style. It's a damn shame Michael has chose to ignore them, instead of give them a chance. Ne-Yo is an awesome choice, Akon's okay, will.i.am stinks (IMO), and Timbaland has a great sound, but just doesn't mesh well with MJ's sound. So that pretty much leaves Pharrell.
Dissing him is poor judgment, if you ask me.
Polow da Don is pretty cool too.

Hollaback.

yeah, pharell is great, he wrote that song for mj, mj passed on it, then justin timberlake took it and made it a huge hit,

I just can't remmember which song was it??''

anyone

yeah, pharell is great, he wrote that song for mj, mj passed on it, then justin timberlake took it and made it a huge hit,

I just can't remmember which song was it??''

anyone

Apprently it was ALL the songs they did on JT's 'Justfied' album, but that rumour grew. I've seen Justin & Pharell in the studio co-writing 'Senorita', 'Rock Your Body', 'Last Night' & 'Take It From Here'.

So i think it was just 'Like I Love You', 'Nothin' Else' & 'Let's take a ride'.

Back