props to R.Kelly da king of modern R&B

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
he was tight on espn for the world cup sign of victory. he is so versatile and untoppable when he wants to be musically. proud of the brother and his talent was showcased on a grand scale today. props to da kang.

enjoyed the arrangement and stage pacing.

Liking the song, best we've had of him in a while, he's a great song writer !!

Was jammin' to his Greatest Hits CD not so long a go ;), we need a R Kelly appreciation thread !!

R Kelly is awesome. BTW did anyone see his "performance" of the National Anthem? What did you guys think of it?

R Kelly is awesome. BTW did anyone see his "performance" of the National Anthem? What did you guys think of it?

Are you talking about the one from 2003? :hysterical:
He's one of a kind :)

The guy is a talent and his voice is unbelievable.... I dunno if people feel the same but listening to R Kelly... is it not uncomfortable?

I just wish R Kelly would stop with this Gangsta bullshit, nearly every song hes made in the last few albums talk about 'bein in the club' and bangin in the bedroom' its all bull and he should move on now and bring his greatness out.

The last album I truly liked was 2004s U saved me with all its gospel etc. (which seemed to have been brought out for the timing more than anything to change his image for court etc)

The man is capable of true greatness as seen with the world cup song but its hidden beneath all this Machismo BS.

I think his audience has grown up a little now and need more and theres also the void that MJ has left for uplifting great melodic songs and we all know Kells can deliver this if he sets his mind to it.

Get outta da club and back on the keyboard R Kelly you don't need the easy money so show the world you can redeem yourself with your talent.

r.kelly is talented but he is no king. His older material in the 90's was way better. If he gets back to making real music instead of music just to sell he might get more props.

4/28/2017 by Carl Lamarre Billboard
r-kelly-performance-2016-billboard-1548.jpg

R. Kelly performs at Kings Theatre on Dec. 17, 2016 in New York City.

R. Kelly might be dusting off his robust series "Trapped in the Closet" for Apple Music.

According to Bloomberg Businessweek, Apple Music chairman and CEO Jimmy Iovine is looking to add a sequel to the famed series. Iovine has reportedly spoken to Warner Bros. Television and is working diligently on making his dream a reality. For the streaming conglomerate, the addition of Kelly's R&B opera will help bolster their video content.

"A music service needs to be more than a bunch of songs and a few playlists," says Iovine. "I’m trying to help Apple Music be an overall movement in popular culture, everything from unsigned bands to video. We have a lot of plans. We have the freedom, because it’s Apple, to make one show, three shows, see what works, see what doesn’t work until it feels good."

Last year, Kelly teased avid fans in an interview with the Atlanta-Journal Constitution, revealing that he had an extra 35 chapters locked away in the closet. "I have my R&B hip-hop album -- I haven’t named it yet, and "Trapped in the Closet," I have 35 more chapters of that done," he said. "I’m very excited about that. It will absolutely be out next year. I’ll tour if it’s a major deal, but if not I might just chill and just finish writing my movie scripts."

In 2013, IFC ran a marathon of the entire series.

Billboard has reached out to reps for R. Kelly and Apple Music for comment.

Back