Put Yourself In The Thriller Video? Whats This, It Looks COOL!

whys it taking so long? Its as if there's actually a human making the video with our pictures by individually positioning it in each frame... even that would take this long though. lol

A lot goes into digitalizing someones face onto this.. Be patient, it will come.. it's not a simple project.

A lot goes into digitalizing someones face onto this.. Be patient, it will come.. it's not a simple project.
a lot goes into designing the software, but it doesnt take a whole week to run the software. lol

This new service wasn't actually meant to be made public until today, but leave it to MJ fans to accidentally discover things much too soon ;). Anyways, the official go-ahead has now been given by Sony BMG and so hopefully people should no longer experience technical issues using the service, although the technology remains in beta and is not mentioned on the official Michael Jackson site yet.

More details about the technology driving this innovative process at: http://mjjr.net/news-i230-6.html

:D

Last edited:
ahmadnat - yes it does take a long time.. lol!

It's not just a simple cut and paste. I have done it in film classes..

ahmadnat - yes it does take a long time.. lol!

It's not just a simple cut and paste. I have done it in film classes..
I know its not a simple cut and paste. lol... incidentally I had a lecture about creating 3d videos from 2-d images last week. But it simply doesnt take more than a week to run the software on the servers and computers that a massive company like SONY has. And there is NO actual manual human interaction involved, so that's also not the problem.

In fact, thanks to TSCM we now know the problem... the service wasnt running. lol. So i wasnt wrong. I knew there was no way it would take so long under normal circumstances.

edit: in fact, if you read the statement :
"In under a minute, your @ctor will be born and fully alive through realistic movement and gestures"

Like I said, it takes very little time.

Last edited:

I have ran simular or the same program in media arts and film classes.. I plan to do this for a living..

It does take time for the pictures, and movements to render..

I'm not saying a whole week.. no not at all.. but if you consider the time it takes to make it, get all these fans sending it in, and having to send back. it could take some days to get back.. This is depending on how many people are working on the program at once..

Last edited:
its been officially launched so it should work for anyone who wants to have a go.

Legacy Recordings is proud to present the first ever opportunity for YOU to star in greatest music video of all time: Michael Jackson's Thriller!
As part of the album's worldwide 25th anniversary celebration, Michael Jackson and Epic/Legacy Recordings have partnered with innovative media company Big Stage and YouTube to bring this landmark entertainment experience to the world.

To create your own, personalized, Thriller video, simply go to http://www.michaeljackson.com/mythrillervideo You will be instructed to take three pictures of yourself using a digital camera and upload them to through the website. Then Big Stage's proprietary technology will automatically map the contours of your face to generate an incredibly accurate replica of you, and automatically insert you into into Michael Jackson's original Thriller video, now with you as the star. Your video will be posted on YouTube, so you can share with your friends, post to your blog or Facebook page, and more!

from http://us.michaeljackson.com/

I just realised the one I did ages ago has been uploaded on youtube. though I didnt get an email, the link was there when I logged to the MJ site. And I have to say its awful. Looks nothing like me. lol. And looking at the other videos; they all look slightly disfigured, and somehow similar so I'm guesssing no-ones really looks similar to themselves.

I saw someones, and could tell it was not human like.. lol! kinda of a mixture of a real person and a scarecrow.. oh well.. it's still fun

I got my video back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sjw-mHT_Kk

I don't know. Do you think it still looks like me? This is the front-view photo I sent them....

frontview.jpg

Do you think they got it right? I don't really think it looks like me. I don't know, I was just expecting something better.

Uhm you did a pictures with a webcam. If you read the description you should take photos with your digital camera with flash on...no webcam, no mobile phone camera, nothing else. Even if you used a digital camera with flash, your picture is too dark. Try to take better pics.

Other than that: What are you expecting?

This is just fun-stuff, not a 100$, 50$, or even 1$ Mio. Dollar production.

I think the Big Stage software works great for what it's intended for: creating an interesting and fun experience. This is not for having your face integrated with highest quality and cutting edge technology, although it's already difficult enough to render a 3-dimensional face out of 3 pictures.

Sony probably had to pay quite a few money to create this opportunity. And if you don't like the result, take some other pictures.

Nothing wrong with that!

o.k i'm in the website to make the thriller video but where do i go next
do i have to sign up to do it

i need help help

I can tell it's you, but not like OMG ya..

probably would have looked better from a real camera.. well, lighting and clearity for shure.. But the more detale the camera would pick up the more it would look like you..

looks cool though.. ur a pretty damn good dancer ;)

mine doesn't look like me at all! could be because i use webcam.

o.k i'll try and let you all know o.k

but i can't do it some how do i have to sign up to do it
just asking

Last edited:
Back