Queen of Soul Upset Over "Queen" Statement By Beyonce

You know...

Beyonce is a good singer and performer. But she doesn't do anything herself. Ghostwriters, reworking other people's songs, then claiming them her own. Her whole speech is nice at the Grammys but she didn't even write it. It was written for her. Daddy Knowles is pulling all the strings. I mean she's what 25? Time to take some damn responsibility.

of the 20-odd-year rivalry people set up for these two, you really think fans would let that go unnoticed? it's not strictly about the crappy "King of blah" title - it's about referring to someone in the highest regard in the presence of a major rival - in this case, the only rival - which is stupid because they're both so different but such is the way of the masses... they're usually asses.

and having followed your passionate posts (majority of which i rate highly, mind you), i can't help but think you're telling porkie pies saying you wouldn't care if Prince was called The King in front of his rival, your idol LOL

calling the masses asses isn't necessary...they are fans, they buy the product...and the artist has earned the high respectability of those fans. so what if there are rival fights...it's par for the course..

I must agree with you Roxanne, Aretha has been here blowing her pipes for decades, she's sung an opening at at the Superbowl plus, she is great, not that Tina is not but Aretha is well respected all over the world just as Michael is. And it's Beyonnce who says she is "Queen B", she wants to be included in all things. She is moving to fast for britches if you know what i mean...*sigh*
Tina, on the otherhand has recently lost her ex-husband, take outta that what you will. RIP

In my opinon, they were just filing time that was meant for Michael, we all know that everyone wants to be called "The King of Pop" however, it's not gonna happen.

I think she has the right to claim both titles, in my opinion. :p

yeah....i bet that's what they were doing too.

Got damn you hit it on the nail. AGREE AGREE agree
Now heres my 2cents but you summed it up though lol

First off, I don't think Aretha was wrong for speaking up and reading some comments I think you smoking indian pipe if you think Aretha is the one with the issue because she's not. Like ladyplatium said once somebody is "it" at the moment its okay for them to say any damn thing they want when in reality its not ESPECIALLY if that person has not been around long enough to call anybody the queen of anything. Automatically people feed into that ish when its just crap. B was wrong for what she said EVEN though I think she really didn't mean to offend anybody by the comment but what she was implying was offensive. I mean she said that I scartched my head because I thought she was on something and knowing the public/media they suck into anything that chick says and does. It doesn't matter even if she left out "the soul" part of the comment. When she was doing her lil tribute to the female legends before her, she was building up to introducing Tina. Then in the end basically she said all those female legends add up to Tina, the queen? WTF? I LOVE Tina thats my gurl, but to say Lena hourne, Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross and alot of other female legends add up to Tina? especially Aretha? I would not have said that, she was out of line and she was downgrading the other female legends when she said that NOT just Aretha. I don't care even if she was giving Tina Props. I don't wanna mention Mike but even when Brittany Spears back in 02 was presenting the fake ass award to MJ on the VMA's she said, "and I consider him the artist of the millimenium" even if other people felt that way about Mike, not EVERYBODY does. Thats why she just said "I" as in HER opinion. Thats what B should have said but even if she said that she hasn't been around the block that long to be giving out titles. To me thats why I never understood what was the big deal about B because everything that she is doing has already been done. She isn't doing anything thats innovative, her songs are wack(no good lyrics) her music is average nothing to jump up and down about and I must say TINA MOPPED THE FLOOR ON HER lol she did her thing. Another Thing, Aretha is the QUEEN, BOW down and show some damn respect. She can say whatever the hec she wants, she has been there and done that and at the rate that music is going, nobody will NEVER top her.

yeah, but now having seen you say that, it's also safe to say that not everybody thinks that Aretha is the queen either.

yeah, but now having seen you say that, it's also safe to say that not everybody thinks that Aretha is the queen either.

I don't think mjscarousal said that everybody thinks that Aretha is the Queen, because mjscarousal gave me a High 5 in her post; we see Eye to Eye:D and I didn't read that.

What's in the minds of people in the present day is fickle. Everybody wants to know what have you done for me lately. Well, Aretha has never stopped recording and she is active in her craft now singing Gospel.

If your TV is filled with nothing but fluff, how can you ever know that something better is out there.

The fact that people are blinded by all the thighs and belly buttons being shown today is why they forget where all the good music came from and who all the great artists are.

Aretha doesn't need people to like her, she just wants her R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Those of us who KNOW what Aretha has brought to the table don't have a problem understanding this.:punk:

calling the masses asses isn't necessary...they are fans, they buy the product...and the artist has earned the high respectability of those fans.
it was tongue-in-cheek mate,

so what if there are rival fights...it's par for the course..
it certainly shouldn't be if one was to look at their work and realise just how impossible it is to compare.

I don't think mjscarousal said that everybody thinks that Aretha is the Queen, because mjscarousal gave me a High 5 in her post; we see Eye to Eye:D and I didn't read that.

What's in the minds of people in the present day is fickle. Everybody wants to know what have you done for me lately. Well, Aretha has never stopped recording and she is active in her craft now singing Gospel.

If your TV is filled with nothing but fluff, how can you ever know that something better is out there.

The fact that people are blinded by all the thighs and belly buttons being shown today is why they forget where all the good music came from and who all the great artists are.

Those of us who KNOW what Aretha has brought to the table don't have a problem understanding this.:punk:

i hear you..loud and clear. frankly i only had to listen to one song to know that Aretha has brought much to the table.... have you heard that current song she does with Fantasia? sometimes you only have to listen to one song, and you could hear YEARS of hardship and earned dignity and massive talent all rolled up into one. that song does that for me.

Amen sister.:D

I think if Justin was called king of pop in Michael Jacksons presence WE would not like it and I am sure it would make MJ feel slighted. It is a matter of curtesy. Can you hear anyone calling another star the Godfather of Soul. People were given titles out of respect. It should not be thrown around willy nilly. Aretha earned her title. Let Tina get her own. That was wrong of beyonce to do that.

Thankyou! beyonce tries so hard to get on everyone's good side that she ends up "stepping on toes" in the process. IMO, she dos'nt know how to give respect equally to those who deserve it? example: the Tina and Aretha Frisco, she calls Tina "the queen, a legend "and to most she is, but Aretha has had that title " the queen of soul" for decades and for beyonce to come out on stage and give the title to tina ( I'm sure she known Aretha was there) it upsets/disrespects her, I understand how Aretha feels. On the same note, If beyonce was invited to introduce Aretha as a special guest etc... on an award show? beyonce would change what she said and butta her up, so basically what datsymay stated, has been on point . Sometimes beyonce just need to be quit, she obviously don't know too much about the divas, only their styles and a handfull of songs but as far as their personalities and working effortlessly at becoming who they are? she's lost.

speaking for myself, I have respect for both :)

Last edited:
You know...

Beyonce is a good singer and performer. But she doesn't do anything herself. Ghostwriters, reworking other people's songs, then claiming them her own. Her whole speech is nice at the Grammys but she didn't even write it. It was written for her. Daddy Knowles is pulling all the strings. I mean she's what 25? Time to take some damn responsibility.

uh, i believe beyonce has been claming she has been 25 for at least 4 yrs now. :lol:

Remember when she was in the group, Dastinys's Child? That has been at least 7 or 8 yrs ago... someone please help me if i am wrong. :unsure:

Last edited:
uh, i believe beyonce has been claming she has been 25 for at least 4 yrs now. :lol:

Remember when she was in the group, Dastinys's Child? Thas has been at least 7 or 8 yrs ago... someone please help me if i am wrong. :unsure:
I was always puzzled about how she wore MJ's red-leather Jacket when she wasn't old enough to experience Thriller:eek::lol:

I was always puzzled about how she wore MJ's red-leather Jacket when she wasn't old enough to experience Thriller:eek::lol:
Uh ha...homegirl is too much. I don't know about her, we shall see. her parents run her life cause she doesn't know how. :lol: In my opinion, she needs to go sit down somewhere. She is a newbie and can not touch Aretha or Tina no matter how hard she tries. Poor child. Beyonce if your reading this, please take a chill pill. :lol:.

I'll never forget Peta through some red paint on her while she was having lunch then again while wearing a mink coat. Then again through some feathers on her... :lol: she need to get a serious grip.

Those are messages she should take heed to.

Last edited:
Beyonce if your reading this, please take a chill pill. :lol:.
she won't be LOL but i think she'll enjoy the thought of strangers taking a deep interest in her over the internet.

and she's 26, by the way. and FINE.

she won't be LOL but i think she'll enjoy the thought of strangers taking a deep interest in her over the internet.

and she's 26, by the way. and FINE.

I think she older. but your entitled to your opinion. :lol: She did her back up singers cold to say the least. However, i wont' go into it on here. She does have a mean streak about in her which makes her not so fine. :p

Last edited:
Back