Quincy Jones and Michael. . . What's Q's problem?

Ah come on, don't have much time for Quincy, but Off the Wall, Thriller, or Bad are on a completely different level than Dangerous, History, Invincible.

????

What do you mean?? How is Bad on a completely different level than Dangerous??

Dangerous even sold more than Bad and it has masterpieces on it like Who is it-

Where can I find an masterpiece like Who is it on Bad?????

????

Man in the Mirror...just saying...fans and none fans alike know/love man in the mirror. can't say everyone know's who is it

smooth criminal was before it's time too....that could have easily been made today, not 20 years ago, sound wise.

dirty diana is the business too

????

32 versus 30 million, and the 300 million people in the Soviet Union could not purchase Bad in 1987.

32 versus 30 million, and the 300 million people in the Soviet Union could not purchase Bad in 1987.

Soviet Union??? The music industry in the soviet union was .....small.....very small.... it was smaller than any european country like England, Germany, Spain etc. Sorry to bust your bubble. In China there are over 1 Billion people living but have you ever heard about the important chinese music industry???

Yeah but what do you mean with completely different level???

Explain!! You just can´t post such bold statements without an explanation

Last edited:
I hope Quincy also remembers that the biggest and best song of not only "Thriller", but of MJ's career, is "Billie Jean" which Michael wrote entirely himself. He came up with the bassline too. "Billie Jean" has been voted greatest pop song of the 80's by many critics and those in the public as well. It's considered one of the greatest pop songs ever period and that was all Michael! Michael wrote all the big songs on "Thriller" except the song "Thriller" itself. Michael also wrote almost every song on "Bad" . He's produced some great songs also like "Stranger In Moscow", "They Don't Care Abous Us", "Who Is It", etc. and Q had NOTHING to do with those. Plus he's written songs for others as well. No one can sing, perform or dance like Michael. He's also an interesting songwriter, no one has his style of writing, so what is Quincy talking about?

The fact here remains that Michael went on to have major success without Quincy, while we can't say the same for Quincy. Who needs who more really? Quincy and Michael both helped to make "Thriller" a great success, but I don't like how Q in interviews gives credit to the studio engineers, songwriters and himself. Everyone but Michael. Sounds like Q is kinda bitter and jealous to me.

actually, recently i saw a deposition in where Quincy and Michael went to court over songs etc. In it, and clearly Michael say's he wrote thriller but that Quincy changed some things. And i believe, if i'm not mistaken, that Michael also said the same thing in the Bret Ratner video, that he wrote thriller. i think the song was made up by numerous amount of people, but michael was a main contributor.

actually, recently i saw a deposition in where Quincy and Michael went to court over songs etc. In it, and clearly Michael say's he wrote thriller but that Quincy changed some things. And i believe, if i'm not mistaken, that Michael also said the same thing in the Bret Ratner video, that he wrote thriller. i think the song was made up by numerous amount of people, but michael was a main contributor.

rod temperton wrote thriller...are u thinking of the right song?

Hey guys,

Can we not discuss album merits in this thread? That's what 'Groove Theory' is for.

This is about Quincy and Michael's relationship. . . with a little bit of Prince and Peter Pan thrown in! LOL!

Yeah but what do you mean with completely different level???

Explain!! You just can´t post such bold statements without an explanation

Get real Arty, you picking on me because I am new?

Where is your message to the person who said "thriller ain't that 'good'"

Hey guys,

Can we not discuss album merits in this thread? That's what 'Groove Theory' is for.

This is about Quincy and Michael's relationship. . . with a little bit of Prince and Peter Pan thrown in! LOL!

sorry we posted at same time
I agree lets try to stay on topic

rod temperton wrote thriller...are u thinking of the right song?

yup, i'm positive. The song was even changed in one night. It was more of a collaboration. See, originally it was called starlight, and a few nights before the album was released they played it in the studio, rod, michael, and quincy were all there. They realized they didn't like what they've heard and rearranged the entire album, thriller being one of the main songs. Temperton may have written the actual music, but Michael and quincy did have input. The 3 worked on the song all night long. Something along those lines is the story. This i'm positive about because ive always heard Rod had written it etc, but then i was confused that in some interviews Michael had said he had written it, and it others quincy. So i did an investigation and i think it was "in the making of thriller" that they told the story.

Get real Arty, you picking on me because I am new?

Where is your message to the person who said "thriller ain't that 'good'"

Still no explaination in your answer.

Just explain. Where´s the problem? why can´t you explain your opinion??

I am still waiting for Quincy to claim he tought MJ how to sing and dance and that he was the one performing on the Bad Tour with a wig.

The **** wont be happy until his fugly ass is on the cover of thriller wearing the white suite with the fucking baby tiger on his lap

yay now i feel much better. i dont understand how people keep saying we shouldnt curse. its so theurapatic

I am still waiting for Quincy to claim he tought MJ how to sing and dance and that he was the one performing on the Bad Tour with a wig.

The **** wont be happy until his fugly ass is on the cover of thriller wearing the white suite with the fucking baby tiger on his lap

yay now i feel much better. i dont understand how people keep saying we shouldnt curse. its so theurapatic

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ooooooooh how i wish that i was good at photoshop right now
dead2qv0.gif

mikey would shake his head at this yoohoo
michael112.gif

:lmao: :toofunny:
good one Arty

I wouldn't worry about it. I think Quincy wants to say that he is the reason Michael was a big as he was. He thinks that without him, Michael would be nothing. He doesn't understand that it was Michael who made Thriller. As a producer he helped a little, but it was Michael's vision and talent and creativity and drive and destiny that made him as successful as he turned out to be. If Quincy wants to take credit for Michael's success, then let him, but if I were in his shoes, I would have felt so honoured to have worked with a genius like Michael Jackson. Maybe someone should tell Q he should be more appreciative. There are thousands of producers out there that would have loved to work with Michael. Quincy was lucky enough to do that. But saying Michael Jackson wasn't really that talented, is like saying Michael Jordan couldn't really play basketball. It's obsurd. It's obvious he doesn't like to give Michael credit for his success.

How come he was never able to make another artist become as successfull as Mike was. If he was the soul reason for Mike's or Thrillers sucess, HOW COME HE DID NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN AGAIN?????.. He worked with Tevin campbell, Tamia, Sinatra. He is just full of it he is giving himself more credit than he deservse.

fans sending in complaint with curse words to Quincy Jones?
WTF!! He's a veteran, pls show more respect to him! lol :rolleyes:

Radovan, I agree with you.
I personally think that Dangerous album and HIStory album are far better than his previous works.
Without Beat it and Billie Jean and Mj's vision for a Thriller short film, Thriller the album would be nothing. ;p

Last edited:
How come he was never able to make another artist become as successfull as Mike was. If he was the soul reason for Mike's or Thrillers sucess, HOW COME HE DID NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN AGAIN?????.. He worked with Tevin campbell, Tamia, Sinatra. He is just full of it he is giving himself more credit than he deservse.

Very good point. And tevin campbell has a lot of talent too, IMO. He just didn't have that "fire in the belly" michael had.

People shouldn't curse at Quincy just yet. We don't even know if this is true. Also, even if it is write a non profane answer lol.

Oh dear! I could ignore him for saying MJ didn't want to be black, because I thought he was simply ignorant about vitiligo. But this is ridiculous. And is this the same man who said at the Grammys in 1984 "Michael Jackson is one of the most talented people I have ever met"? Why did he turn so bitter? I really don't understand this.

The people he named are all very talented people, no doubt. So was Michael. They just had different skills. Let's see how Billy Holiday, Frank Sinatra or Aretha Franklin dances! Well, they didn't even write their own songs and Quincy has the spine to say they were more talented?

BTW, I was shocked to read on Wikipedia recently that Quincy actually wanted drop Billie Jean from the Thriller album! He thought it was too weak! He also didn't like the 29 seconds beat intro, he wanted to cut that off too, only Michael didn't let him saying: "But Quincy, that's what makes me dance!" So much about Quincy's judgement!

Back