Quincy Jones and Michael. . . What's Q's problem?

Well the list isn't that long. Aside from the expected targets of Roger Friedman, Diane Diamond, Tommy Matola, Martin Bashir, Thomas Sneddon, Dr. Murray, Dr. Klein, Peter King, and Nancy Grace, I've only read hateful or insinuating comments on this forum about Quincy Jones, Lisa Marie Presley, Oprah Winfrey, Sheryl Crow, Jermaine Jackson, Miko Brando, La Toya Jackson, Joe Jackson, Joh'Vonnie Jackson, Debbie Rowe, Thomas Messereu (sp?), Beyonce Knowles, MTV, VH1, Jack Black, Jimmy Fallon, the Beatles, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Deepak Chopra, the Jewish community, Randy J. Taborelli, Sony, Geraldo Rivera, Howard Stern, Frank Dileo, Elvis, Prince, Barrack Obama, Corey Feldman, Kenny Ortega, Bill O'Reilly, Fox News, Uri Geller, R. Kelly, John Landis, Rolling Stone magazine, Billboard magazine, GQ magazine, Soundcan, Adrian Grant, Bruce Springsteen, AEG, Eminem, Paris Hilton, the Eagles, Rabbi Schmuley, Steven Spielberg, the BET tribute, and the proposed Vienna tribute. Aside from all that, I don't see much complaining around here. . . . Is the song "Heal the World" or "Hate the World"? Just checkin.

Wow that's a whole lot of negativity. It's not good for the health. This is pretty alarming.

Well the list isn't that long. Aside from the expected targets of Roger Friedman, Diane Diamond, Tommy Matola, Martin Bashir, Thomas Sneddon, Dr. Murray, Dr. Klein, Peter King, and Nancy Grace, I've only read hateful or insinuating comments on this forum about Quincy Jones, Lisa Marie Presley, Oprah Winfrey, Sheryl Crow, Jermaine Jackson, Miko Brando, La Toya Jackson, Joe Jackson, Joh'Vonnie Jackson, Debbie Rowe, Thomas Messereu (sp?), Beyonce Knowles, MTV, VH1, Jack Black, Jimmy Fallon, the Beatles, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Deepak Chopra, the Jewish community, Randy J. Taborelli, Sony, Geraldo Rivera, Howard Stern, Frank Dileo, Elvis, Prince, Barrack Obama, Corey Feldman, Kenny Ortega, Bill O'Reilly, Fox News, Uri Geller, R. Kelly, John Landis, Rolling Stone magazine, Billboard magazine, GQ magazine, Soundcan, Adrian Grant, Bruce Springsteen, AEG, Eminem, Paris Hilton, the Eagles, Rabbi Schmuley, Steven Spielberg, the BET tribute, and the proposed Vienna tribute. Aside from all that, I don't see much complaining around here. . . . Is the song "Heal the World" or "Hate the World"? Just checkin.

LOL, yes, alot of hate has been said to those people. And actually, some people i don't see why they should be hater here, like kenny ortega, beyonce knowles, r kelly, paris hilton?, Barrack obama?, thomas m, elvis (who is dead btw), and spieldberg. Last time i checked these people haven't said anything bad about Michael. and yes, we need to stop hating on people who really never said anything.

Wikipedia lists El Pais as a tabloid. Not the best source but...

I also found this excerpt from another site that shows El Pais traffic in the same garbage as th US an UK tabloids:

Below are pictures from Antonello Zappadu, published in Spanish tabloid newspaper, El Pais on Friday June 5 2009. The Berlusconi Villa scandal pictures by Antonello Zappadu threten another major scandal on the Italian Prime Minister after weeks of speculation about his relationship with model Noemi Letizia and his marriage split with wife Veronica Lario.

Based on that I am not willing to bash Quincy on the word of some tabloid.

I know that El Pais reports a lot of legitimate news concerning politics, economy, environment, etc.

However, if their 'arts and entertainment' section is considered tabloidy then I'll reconsider my opinion.

But it's not just this comment. Quincy's said other negative stuff about Michael after his death. I thought that by seeing Quincy at Michael's private funeral that maybe Quincy had buried any grudges he had against Michael. But if there is any truth to this el pais interview, he is trying to undercut Michael's talent and genius. Why does he feel that he has to do that now that Michael is no longer alive? Why didn't he so that while he was alive and let Michael respond to that? That's why it is so shady to me.

Last edited:
Well, Prince called Michael a musical genius. So I guess Prince can recognize talent better than Quincy. ;)

True:)

Where does prince call Mike a musical genius have you got a link for the interview?? I would love to read it.

LOL, yes, alot of hate has been said to those people. And actually, some people i don't see why they should be hater here, like kenny ortega, beyonce knowles, r kelly, paris hilton?, Barrack obama?, thomas m, elvis (who is dead btw), and spieldberg. Last time i checked these people haven't said anything bad about Michael. and yes, we need to stop hating on people who really never said anything.

Spielberg is a big hater!!!

Michael did only the changes to his face from bad to dangerous to look more like Peter Pan because he thought that Spielberg would let him play the role in the Peter Pan movie so that was the only reason why Mike changed his looks a bit from Bad to Dangerous because he wanted to be the perfect Pan he even got surgery-there you can see how important that role was for him but that bastard Spielberg stole the role from him and gave the part to Williams. Michaels heart was broken and he never spoke one word with Spielberg again!

Jealousy and envy causes people to say things they may later regret. The epicness that is the King of Pop, is hard for some to deal with. Especially those with big egos and dreams that never were fulfilled.

I don't think Jones means to say bad things but It just makes him feel good in the moment.

NO matter, no negative statement will ever deter my love for the King of Pop.

Michael did only the changes to his face from bad to dangerous to look more like Peter Pan because he thought that Spielberg would let him play the role in the Peter Pan movie so that was the only reason why Mike changed his looks a bit from Bad to Dangerous because he wanted to be the perfect Pan he even got surgery-there you can see how important that role was for him but that bastard Spielberg stole the role from him and gave the part to Williams. Michaels heart was broken and he never spoke one word with Spielberg again!

OMG interesting I never knew this. Poor MJ and he would have been awesome Peter Pan. Who is this Williams that got the part?

I don't think Quincy Jones feels good about what he believes or says about Michael. I just think he's someone who is very angry about Michael. He is mad at the way MJ's life turned out and I know he thinks Michael was a very self destructive person which is probably true in a lot of ways. However, instead of trying to help it seems to me that Quincy just passed judgement and was very nasty about Michael and still is. I also think Quincy is mad because he is always associated with "Thriller" when he's done more than that, but that's what most people best know him for.

Michael on the other hand though was always a class act about Quincy and never bad talked him even after some of the things Quincy said. As for that talent statement that Quincy supposedly made, I really find that hard to believe, but if he did say that then that's really stupid and outrageous to be honest lol. I just have to laugh at that. Michael wasn't that talented? Yeah sure. Michael is a musical genius and that's that. I don't care what Q or anyone says. Michael is amazing and the greatest entertainer of all time. #$*@ Quincy or anyone who says Michael wasn't that talented.

Sorry, I just dont care for Q although I do respect him for his contributions to music. He's just so nasty as a person though and hypocritical. I have no love for Quincy at all.

Qunicy saying mike "has no talent"....PFTTTT!!!

He was the best dancer, the best singer and the most talented songwriter..SO PLEASE Q GO CHECK YOURSELF B4 YOU START SAYING CRAP!

Spielberg and Michael were not BIIGGG Friends but there was a really good Spielberg, George Lucas, Martin Scorsese and Coppola connection. After the Peter Pan incident the connection was over he never spoke with Spielberg again!

True:)

Where does prince call Mike a musical genius have you got a link for the interview?? I would love to read it.

It's posted in one of the Prince threads here. During an interview, the person who was interviewing Prince told him that he was going to say some words to Prince and he wanted Prince to say the first thing that popped in his head.

So the guy goes 'Michael Jackson' and Prince supposedly says 'Musical genius'.

The I guess later on the interviewer says 'Janet Jackson' and Prince says 'The genius's sister'.

:)

This is off topic, but I think there is something more to Prince and Michael Jackson than just a 'rivalry' created by the press. I've picked up little tidbits (not necessarily gossip) here and there that point to the fact that they could have actually been friends on the DL, LOL! I've compiled them. If anyone wants to read my little tidbits, I can bump a a Prince thread and post them there.

Last edited:
OMG interesting I never knew this. Poor MJ and he would have been awesome Peter Pan. Who is this Williams that got the part?

Not exactly true.

Speilberg wanted to do a musical. Then one of his kids were born. Then there was a problem with Michael's tour schedule (Bad Tour). Then the studio rejected the musical idea.

Then 2 screenwriters rewrote the script to make Peter Pan as a crotchety older guy who lost his childhood. The studio approve & Speilberg was forced to cut Michael, who clearly did not fit the crotchety old guy role.

Where can we write to Quincy and ask him what the f...he is talking about.

Has he got an email?? Somebody know how we can contact him and ask him why he is talking bullshit about Mike. Why didn´t he believe Mike had Vitiligo?? That would be one of many questions I would like to ask him.

oh come on you believe that?
look unless MJ said it himself don't believe it
its like when ppl said he wanted to look like Diana ross which is lie

Oh I don't have an opinion about the face surgery part. I just found the tid bit about MJ wanting to play peter pan and the directer gave the part to someone else interesting. I never knew this. MJ would have been a super cute Peter Pan tho.

It's posted in one of the Prince threads here. During an interview, the person who was interviewing Prince told him that he was going to say some words to Prince and he wanted Prince to say the first thing that popped in his head.

So the guy goes 'Michael Jackson' and Prince supposedly says 'Musical genius'.

The I guess later on the interviewer says 'Janet Jackson' and Prince says 'The genius's sister'.

:)

WOOOWW great. Does anyone know where I can find this interview?? For which magazine was this interview???

Not exactly true.

Speilberg wanted to do a musical. Then one of his kids were born. Then there was a problem with Michael's tour schedule (Bad Tour). Then the studio rejected the musical idea.

Then 2 screenwriters rewrote the script to make Peter Pan as a crotchety older guy who lost his childhood. The studio approve & Speilberg was forced to cut Michael, who clearly did not fit the crotchety old guy role.

mmm Interesting addition, I honestly never knew all this. Thanks for sharing. Shame they changed the role. MJ would have been so qt.

Not exactly true.

And that tells you what?? That tells me that Spielberg who has THE POWER in Hollywood cared shit about Mike. Spielberg could ´ve said no and rewrote the script that it would fit Michael Jackson but he didn´t. Michael was very very hurt when he heard that he wouldn´t get the part. It was his dream to do movies and it was his dream to play the part of Peter Pan. Spielberg destroyed his dreams and therefore Michael never spoke one word with Spielberg again.
The only good thing was that in the end the movie with Williams was a big flop for Spielberg it was a megaflop!!!
With Michael the film would´ve been a huge success. So Spielberg got a little payback from the audience.

oh dam! didn't know...i knew they fought for the part and Spielberg gave it away to williams. But also, i know that michael said somewhere, i think in the book moonwalker that he was hurt but that after the friendship was reconcille

I saw an interview with prince on a radio station or something defending michael. The radio people asked him that if prince and michael got into a fight who would win? and prince said, well michael is a lover, not a fighter. And then he said to not underestimate michael because he was smart etc and he always has something up his sleeve

Qunicy saying mike "has no talent"....PFTTTT!!!

He was the best dancer, the best singer and the most talented songwriter..SO PLEASE Q GO CHECK YOURSELF B4 YOU START SAYING CRAP!

I hope Quincy also remembers that the biggest and best song of not only "Thriller", but of MJ's career, is "Billie Jean" which Michael wrote entirely himself. He came up with the bassline too. "Billie Jean" has been voted greatest pop song of the 80's by many critics and those in the public as well. It's considered one of the greatest pop songs ever period and that was all Michael! Michael wrote all the big songs on "Thriller" except the song "Thriller" itself. Michael also wrote almost every song on "Bad" . He's produced some great songs also like "Stranger In Moscow", "They Don't Care Abous Us", "Who Is It", etc. and Q had NOTHING to do with those. Plus he's written songs for others as well. No one can sing, perform or dance like Michael. He's also an interesting songwriter, no one has his style of writing, so what is Quincy talking about?

The fact here remains that Michael went on to have major success without Quincy, while we can't say the same for Quincy. Who needs who more really? Quincy and Michael both helped to make "Thriller" a great success, but I don't like how Q in interviews gives credit to the studio engineers, songwriters and himself. Everyone but Michael. Sounds like Q is kinda bitter and jealous to me.

Quincy said that?, well I'd be glad to tell it in front of his face that thriller ain't that 'good' coz' in my book Mike's Dangerous-Invincible sounded waaaaay better.

Ah come on, don't have much time for Quincy, but Off the Wall, Thriller, or Bad are on a completely different level than Dangerous, History, Invincible.

I really would like to contact Quincy and ask him about his recent interviews he gave about Michael and why he is so much hating these days-what is going on in his mind.

Well the list isn't that long. Aside from the expected targets of Roger Friedman, Diane Diamond, Tommy Matola, Martin Bashir, Thomas Sneddon, Dr. Murray, Dr. Klein, Peter King, and Nancy Grace, I've only read hateful or insinuating comments on this forum about Quincy Jones, Lisa Marie Presley, Oprah Winfrey, Sheryl Crow, Jermaine Jackson, Miko Brando, La Toya Jackson, Joe Jackson, Joh'Vonnie Jackson, Debbie Rowe, Thomas Messereu (sp?), Beyonce Knowles, MTV, VH1, Jack Black, Jimmy Fallon, the Beatles (makes no sense, thought it was just Macca.) , Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Deepak Chopra (a "true" friend :smilerolleyes:), the Jewish community, Randy J. Taborelli, Sony, Geraldo Rivera, Howard Stern, Frank Dileo, Elvis, Prince, Barack Obama, Corey Feldman, Kenny Ortega, Bill O'Reilly, Fox News, Uri Geller (another "true" friend :smilerolleyes:), R. Kelly, John Landis, Rolling Stone magazine, Billboard magazine, GQ magazine, Soundcan, Adrian Grant, Bruce Springsteen, AEG, Eminem, Paris Hilton, the Eagles, Rabbi Schmuley, Steven Spielberg (MJ himself said he made up w/ Steven. I think it was in his interview w/ LIFE magazine.), the BET tribute, and the proposed Vienna tribute. Aside from all that, I don't see much complaining around here. . . . Is the song "Heal the World" or "Hate the World"? Just checkin.

What do you mean by "insinuating"? One can still strongly disagree with and criticize someone's actions & still respect them. I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread (which is another example of how awesome Mike is): Mike said in his interview to VIBE when asked if he had anything to say to anyone that he loves Quincy Jones. I assume this was after Quincy's interview with DETAILS magazine. Mike must have been very hurt by what Q said, but despite that he still said 'I love Quincy Jones.'

Regarding the bold names, I don't understand those at all. :scratch:They make no sense.

Again, I really hope this article is fake.

Last edited:
Where can we write to Quincy and ask him what the f...he is talking about.

Has he got an email?? Somebody know how we can contact him and ask him why he is talking bullshit about Mike. Why didn´t he believe Mike had Vitiligo?? That would be one of many questions I would like to ask him.

I went to Quincy Jones official website. You can submit comments through:

TWITTER
http://twitter.com/QuincyDJones

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/QuincyJones

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/quincyjones

Back