Quincy Jones' New Interview

Re: Quincy Jones new interview

I don't see any theft or plagiarism here. Michael was probably inspired by Jon Anderson & Vangelis to create Billie Jean original demo. And Quincy was inspired with Michael's Billie Jean demo to create Donna Summer's cover version.

Goddess4Real;4216395 said:
It's a pity he does taken his own advice.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">People will do anything 2 tarnish your name, reputation & success, but they can't touch your soul. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MondayMotivation?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MondayMotivation</a> <a href="https://t.co/nmVUJBEadQ">pic.twitter.com/nmVUJBEadQ</a></p>&#8212; Quincy Jones (@QuincyDJones) <a href="https://twitter.com/QuincyDJones/status/765196317903642624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 15, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wonder did Quincy look at this before he said that about Michael. i agree 100%. Quincy mind is already gone..

By the way State Of Independence doesn't sound anything like Billie Jean.

Last edited:

Q is so sick...an old and bitter man at the edge of death comes and badmouthed abt MJ, is so called "little brother"...what a dissapointment to me while i ve read this interview..i felt so sorry for Smelly, being backstabbed in the back like this, by his mentor and long time friend...what a shame!!!

The Friends of Mr Cairo album version of State Of Independence has more clear similarities to billie Jean in my opinion lol!

Whatever the case, Quincy used the term 'stole' wayyy too loosely. Many songs are inspired by other songs.. Sounds evolve, you can't "evolve" from nothing..

If I sat here and took every song that has similarity to another song - I could spend all day collecting various groups!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Let MJ LIVE ON...quieting the noise of GOSSIP!!... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/michaeljackson?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#michaeljackson</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/quincyjones?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#quincyjones</a> <a href="https://t.co/qOyqMBdItt">pic.twitter.com/qOyqMBdItt</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Moffett (@jmoffettmjm) <a href="https://twitter.com/jmoffettmjm/status/962998467843862528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">12. Februar 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'll add this thought... When people are calling Quincy Senile! While there COULD be truth to that, a part of me sees it a bit differently..

Whatever opinions we have of this guy, it's all mixed of course.. He's always been business savvy!

Anyone think it's possible that he is intentionally jumping around getting little snippets of drama out there to creating extra interest in him?

Quincy wants to make a 10 part series biopic of himself, what better way to get people bidding on his story than to showcase a bunch of controversial randomness??

I'm just saying it could be calculated

Off course it is calculated.

http://chartmasters.org/2017/09/cspc-michael-jackson-popularity-analysis/

Marlene says:

February 13, 2018 at 5:57 pm

I follow your articles and evaluations now for a long time. Truly an incredible job you are doing here.
I have a question. Surely you heard from the Quincy Jones interview where he claims MJ stole Billie Jean. It really annoys me how the media takes everything negative so unchecked when it comes to Michael. It has been a strategy of Quincy Jones for years now to tarnish him as a artist and portray himself as the true maker(architect of Michael Jackson. In fact, the media are only too happy to portray it as if MJ was made by others and he has the lowest of all shares in its own success. I think it is not a surprise he took his signature song because it gives the most damage. Do you think this Jones attack to portray Michael as the thief of Billie Jean harms him in the long run.
I think more interviews from him will come around his 85 birthday (Oprah is obviously one of the next).
I&#8217;m always amazed how MJ after all these attacks not only his personal life but also the attacks to him as a artist he continues to have this success.

MJD&#62212; says:

February 14, 2018 at 10:34 am

Hi Marlene!

To be honest, I don&#8217;t think many people care about Quincy&#8217;s rants for many years. The ones giving him credit are the same ones outside of the black culture, mostly rock fans on their 60s+, which anyway never liked MJ since it broke various Beatles&#8217; records and never played instruments live. Basically, Quincy comments will only convinced people who already convinced themselves!

Annita;4216567 said:
http://chartmasters.org/2017/09/cspc-michael-jackson-popularity-analysis/

Marlene says:

February 13, 2018 at 5:57 pm

I follow your articles and evaluations now for a long time. Truly an incredible job you are doing here.
I have a question. Surely you heard from the Quincy Jones interview where he claims MJ stole Billie Jean. It really annoys me how the media takes everything negative so unchecked when it comes to Michael. It has been a strategy of Quincy Jones for years now to tarnish him as a artist and portray himself as the true maker(architect of Michael Jackson. In fact, the media are only too happy to portray it as if MJ was made by others and he has the lowest of all shares in its own success. I think it is not a surprise he took his signature song because it gives the most damage. Do you think this Jones attack to portray Michael as the thief of Billie Jean harms him in the long run.
I think more interviews from him will come around his 85 birthday (Oprah is obviously one of the next).
I&#8217;m always amazed how MJ after all these attacks not only his personal life but also the attacks to him as a artist he continues to have this success.

MJD&#62212; says:

February 14, 2018 at 10:34 am

Hi Marlene!

To be honest, I don&#8217;t think many people care about Quincy&#8217;s rants for many years. The ones giving him credit are the same ones outside of the black culture, mostly rock fans on their 60s+, which anyway never liked MJ since it broke various Beatles&#8217; records and never played instruments live. Basically, Quincy comments will only convinced people who already convinced themselves!
I really do not think many of those types of people buy what he said about MJ.

I mean, let anyone hear the two songs and come up with there own opinion.. If you have to slow the song, change the tempo to maybe hear the similarities.. Than whatever! Who the F cares?

It's just news for the sake of news.. He said he knew who killed JFK and Michael was the headline! and the JFK person he mentioned is actually has validity, there's been documentaries and specials on it in the past..

The media (and government) has always done a great job to say LOOK that way while we should be looking the other direction.

I mean, let anyone hear the two songs and come up with there own opinion.. If you have to slow the song, change the tempo to maybe hear the similarities.. Than whatever! Who the F cares?

It's just news for the sake of news.. He said he knew who killed JFK and Michael was the headline! and the JFK person he mentioned is actually has validity, there's been documentaries and specials on it in the past..

The media (and government) has always done a great job to say LOOK that way while we should be looking the other direction.

He also claims he dated Ivanka Trump....
If that wasn't enough to throw his credibility out the window then lol
As for JFK, I doubt Quincy really has any detail on that. Any one of us could say they know and point to a documentary. I think there's better sources on JFK than Quincy (Jesse Ventura, for one). At this point I take anything Q says with the smallest grain of salt tbh.

When a song gets talked about more than someone "allege" killer goes to show how messed up people's priorities are about what is important.

He also claims he dated Ivanka Trump....
If that wasn't enough to throw his credibility out the window then lol
As for JFK, I doubt Quincy really has any detail on that. Any one of us could say they know and point to a documentary. I think there's better sources on JFK than Quincy (Jesse Ventura, for one). At this point I take anything Q says with the smallest grain of salt tbh.

About that Ivanka thing.. I mean, nothing that family does would surprise me lol.. I mean if Donald can say he would date his daughter, I think Quincy has a change haha!

did she say it wasn't true? cuz, you know that family loves tweeting about "fake news".. just sayin'

About that Ivanka thing.. I mean, nothing that family does would surprise me lol.. I mean if Donald can say he would date his daughter, I think Quincy has a change haha!

did she say it wasn't true? cuz, you know that family loves tweeting about "fake news".. just sayin'

lol fair point. Yeah I believe even the trump family denied it.
There's what, at least a 40 year age difference between them (I'm not saying it not possible) Its just unlikely IMO lol.

lol fair point. Yeah I believe even the trump family denied it.
There's what, at least a 40 year age difference between them (I'm not saying it not possible) Its just unlikely IMO lol.
I think she was in a room and just friendly offered his some food that was on the stove, sat down and eat the food with him, and he calls it a date. Just saying. This just like some guys use to wave at me and I would wave and smile back, next thing I know, they think I want to be with them when only I was just being nice.

I agree

How the hell would he know who killed JFK! It's ludicrous!

When a song gets talked about more than someone "alleged" killer, goes to show how messed up people's priorities are about what is important.

True, but then "Michael Jackson" will always get more clicks than anything else.

The problem with Quincy is that over the last 10 years or so he’s beocme increasingly bitter and takes any opportunity to downplay MJs input in the three albums they made together. For example, just watch this video below from a few years ago and listen to him call MJ “a singer and dancer”, how MJ was “told what songs to sing”, how the reports of him not liking Billie Jean were “a lie” (may be true) and that wrt Billie Jean he “knows exactly where it came from” (wink, wink). Well now we know exactly what he meant when talking about “where it came from”. The bass riff apparently being ripped off from Donna Summer. Yes, there is the vaguest of similarities (Donna didn’t even write that song), but what other part of that song bears ANY similarity to Billie Jean? And what other songs is MJ meant to have “stolen”? It’s sad really as MJ and Q achieved a lot together, he should be celebrating it. He has talked in the past about how talented Mike was and how unique he was, not just as a “singer and dancer” but as a songwriter.

Anyway, that video...

[youtube]ASP_tAtT79s[/youtube]

Yuuuup and doing it to someone who isn't here to defend himself! All this does is show Quincy's true colors........and its ugly.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-hes-said-blames-age-and-wordvomit/363412002/

Quincy Jones apologizes for 'silly' stuff he's said, blames age and 'wordvomit'

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/xCYAqJ6oD2">pic.twitter.com/xCYAqJ6oD2</a></p>&mdash; Quincy Jones (@QuincyDJones) <a href="https://twitter.com/QuincyDJones/status/966720607541800960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">22. Februar 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'd like that apology to do something for me but he needs to be more specific.. You don't say someone stole something than say sorry for saying it.. There has to be some type of recanting.. Even a simple "I may have used the word stole too loosely" speaks louder than 1000 "Sorrys" to me

Apology is not enough. Sorry is not enough. You can not spread vicious lies about legends like Michael Jackson and Marlon Brando and go away with it with sorry. No man. You will have to do a lot more. And first is to admit that you intentionally lied to make yourself bigger than you actually are. In last few years Quincy became money-hungry attention whore.

Thanks for the post. Sorry but the damage has been done, especially towards MJ (who he has been dissing for 9 years now). It just reads to me like PR damage control on his part and it's too generalised. Also compared to those recent interviews I doubt that this will be widely reported. After all negatively sells $$$$$$. Plus people like Friedman, TMZ etc etc are saying that his daughters made him do this and everything he said is still true.

Last edited:

Thanks for the post. Sorry but the damage has been done, especially towards MJ (who he has been dissing for 9 years now). It just reads to me like PR damage control on his part and it's too generalised. Also compared to those recent interviews I doubt that this will be widely reported. After all negatively sells $$$$$$. Plus people like Friedman, TMZ etc etc are saying that his daughters made him do this and everything he said is still true.
He did NOT do no damage to Michael because what he said about MJ can be dismissed which many people did; as for everything else by the other, the damage is done; but even at that, as some have said, " They love Marlon, Richard, Marvin and nothing is going to change that". The way I feel about it at this point since these people are mostly gone, If you love them, you will love them; and if one interview can make anyone love someone less who he/she claimed to loved these people, that person NEVER loved these people in the first place. I like the Godfather with Marlon and I love Richard and Marvin and that was my first time hearing what he said about them. Guess what, I StILL love em.

I knew this had to be coming. He had to apologize for the Rolling Stone interview and now he's apologizing for this. I wish he had just said "I lied." I love Quincy, I love his music, and I do NOT want to see him going out this way.

Half of the things I saw about this (including an interview the reporter gave on the radio) were people laughing AT him.

I knew this had to be coming. He had to apologize for the Rolling Stone interview and now he's apologizing for this. I wish he had just said "I lied." I love Quincy, I love his music, and I do NOT want to see him going out this way.

Half of the things I saw about this (including an interview the reporter gave on the radio) were people laughing AT him.

Yuuup, too much, too little.....too late!

yeah blah blah, not buying it, I think he knew perfectly what he was doing and it wouldn't surprise me at all if everything has been staged by him to promote the Oprah interview (this apology included).

anything anything anything for money~~

They shouldn't let him around any cameras/social media from now on...

Last edited:

I think he did damage to himself than the people he talked about.

Quincy being Quincy as usual! I love the guy, so candid!!!

giphy.gif

Quincy has now "apologised" for everything he said, blaming having a drinking problem and being OLD. Unless he RETRACTS what he said about Michael, as far as I'm concerned he can....

giphy.gif

Back