Randy Jackson: Money, That's Not What I Want

Randy Jackson: Money, That's Not What I Want

Posted Oct 13th 2009 1:05AM by TMZ Staff
1012_randy_jackson_g_ex_51317758.jpg
Everyone expected the Jacksons to wage internal war over who gets what part of Michael's estate ... but Randy Jackson claims -- they already have enough money.
Randy was reacting to our story yesterday -- revealing that Katherine Jackson's 40% cut of Michael's estate will go directly to MJ's three kids when she dies. That means the kiddies will end up with 80% of the estate -- the remaining 20% goes to charity. So Michael's bros and sisters will inherit nada.

Here's Randy's take:

"
The family is fine with it. Who cares about the money? We have enough money.
If I cared about the money, I'd be doing a reality show and doing interviews
."

Read more: [URL="http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0TnUJ0P7w"]http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0TnUJ0P7w[/URL]

:punk:

:angel:Keep Helping To Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

Wasn't Randy the one who run NeverLand to the ground and now a friend was trying to sue the Estate? lol! Maybe he has big plans for the Estate in days to come. Like being in control.

Well we are buying the J5 music and they are getting money. most people are buying because of Michael.
It is all about Michael. They should thank him everyday.

the Jacksons have mo reputation for being grateful. probably they feel mj owed them alot and he not mentioning them in his will did not make things better . believe me the bitterness is eating them now.

well well, he looks pissed that people now know they won't inherit a penny from the estate and that even the allowance is controlled by the exexutors, I wonder why was not he so fast in replying to Oxman also . or Oxman is spreading Randy's agenda .

while the rest of the brothers are cheap enough to sell stories about mike to tabs and do reality show, you are looking for the big pie Randy, you want to be appointed as an Executor , you are the one who stole the most from mj during his life time and your intentions now are not so different .

tell Oxman to stop talking about demerol and Blanket . Blanket has more resemblance to mj than YOU have ever had .

Are people forgetting it was randy that stumbled upon Tom Mesereau. Are people forgetting that it was Randy who was calling everybody to the tune of $700,000 to help mike with his legal troubles. I am not saying randy is perfect but hell he did his best to help his brother in a time of need and one needs to recognize,realize and respect that fact.

for some reason i believe him...and i dont think MJ left his family with nothing. it may have not been millions but probably enough & they have probably talked about the money situation before with MJ. i think the family may be taken care of, apart from just katherine dishing out money to them.

Are people forgetting it was randy that stumbled upon Tom Mesereau. Are people forgetting that it was Randy who was calling everybody to the tune of $700,000 to help mike with his legal troubles. I am not saying randy is perfect but hell he did his best to help his brother in a time of need and one needs to recognize,realize and respect that fact.

yeah Randy brought in MEZ but he also brought in an army of lawyers and accountants who stole mj and failed to pay the employees at neverland, the insurance for the employees , the mikey pharmacy .......etc . and was signing deals on behalf of mj whithout his knowledge which costed mj millions of dollars .

as for the $700.000 , Randy spread that rumour about mj taking $700.000 from him and even threatened to sue him . It was everywhere in the news back then . when mj sued the lawyers and accountants Randy hired he send a letter to the judge defending them and claiming that MJ also took 700.000$ from him . Randy knew mj would not go after him , but he was low enough to stand by the thieves he hired and accuse mj of not paying anyone .

as for the $700.000 , Randy spread that rumour about mj taking $700.000 from him and even threatened to sue him . It was everywhere in the news back then . when mj sued the lawyers and accountants Randy hired he send a letter to the judge defending them and claiming that MJ also took 700.000$ from him . Randy knew mj would not go after him , but he was low enough to stand by the thieves he hired and accuse mj of not paying anyone .

And pulling Randy's strings is Brian Oxman.

randy has money? so y is the mother of his children crying poverty? she has two kids w/ randy...two w/ jermaine (both claim donte) soooooooooooooo y couldn't he help her and move her out of his BROTHER'S(MJ) HOME...the home his BROTHER allowed his MOTHER to live in with HIS(randy's) kids and ex-gf?

this must've hit a big damn nerve for him to speak out. he's working behind the scenes to do this. ain't nothing wrng w/ a reality show that was in production and dev. BEFORE mj passed.

yeah....like this would be something MJ's kids really need to experience...
MJ kept a distance from his family for a reason..now his kids are deep in it and they are going to hear uncle1 dissing auntie1 and uncle2 who happens to have kids at their age they enjoy hanging out with...and of course it is going to be about their father's money their money....totally something kids need to hear about....
all the "we are one unitied family stuff right" :doh::doh:

that's what I was thinking...I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, I feel sorry for MJ's kids the carefree days when daddy was around are gone forever

Hmmm.

I don't know why people find it odd that Michael didn't leave his brothers any money. It was Michael's money - he earnt it, he coud leave it to whoever he wanted. I think it's sad that some of the brothers feel like Michael owed them, he really didn't. Even back in some of the earliest J5 performances (Ed Sullivan show etc) people always pointed out Michael saying how incredibily gifted he was, people knew he was the star from day 1. Obviously the other brothers were very talanted but I think it's them that should be grateful to Michael, not the other way around.

Anyway, it's Michaels children I feel the most sorry for, having to grow up around all of these family arguments :(

Hmmm.

I don't know why people find it odd that Michael didn't leave his brothers any money. It was Michael's money - he earnt it, he coud leave it to whoever he wanted. I think it's sad that some of the brothers feel like Michael owed them, he really didn't. Even back in some of the earliest J5 performances (Ed Sullivan show etc) people always pointed out Michael saying how incredibily gifted he was, people knew he was the star from day 1. Obviously the other brothers were very talanted but I think it's them that should be grateful to Michael, not the other way around.

Anyway, it's Michaels children I feel the most sorry for, having to grow up around all of these family arguments :(

i may have missed something but i haven't seen anywhere that anyone finds it odd that his brothers got nothing, or that his brothers feel that way.

I'm sure michael looked after most of the family while he was alive.

and didn't randy just say they don't have a problem with the will, no one has contested it (except Kate with the executor stuff but fair enough on that) so he may talk the truth.

also, Janet has done an interview i'm sure

Posted Oct 13th 2009 1:05AM by TMZ Staff

Here's Randy's take:

"The family is fine with it. Who cares about the money? We have enough money. If I cared about the money, I'd be doing a reality show and doing interviews."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0TnUJ0P7w

LMAO!

I believe Randy isn't all about the money it's Jermaine. Is Jermaine is the one doing reality show on A&E about the Jackson 5? I admire Janet, Rebbie and Randy staying quiet in the press.

i may have missed something but i haven't seen anywhere that anyone finds it odd that his brothers got nothing, or that his brothers feel that way.

I'm sure michael looked after most of the family while he was alive.

and didn't randy just say they don't have a problem with the will, no one has contested it (except Kate with the executor stuff but fair enough on that) so he may talk the truth.

also, Janet has done an interview i'm sure

Really? I've seen a lot of internet talk (not on this forum as far as I know) about the fact the brothers feel bitter about not being included in the will.

It's probably just tabloid garbage and people making up quotes but if it IS true, it's really unfair, the money deserves to go to Michael's children, not his brothers.

***** Wants His Money Backo -- Files Suit
Posted Dec 22nd 2006 7:31PM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson blames his financial mess on his former accountants, and he's suing to make things right.

TMZ has obtained a lawsuit filed by ***** against Bernstein, Fox, Whitman, Goldman & Sloan, the singer's former CPAs. In the suit, filed late Friday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Jackson claims the firm withdrew $2.5 million a year from his accounts but did not pay the bills as ordered.
Jackson alleges the firm hired and paid people on Jackson's dime, without his authorization. Jackson has been dogged by claims he has stiffed his staff. The lawsuit also alleges that the firm entered into various agreements on Jackson's behalf, without his approval.

Jackson does not specifically allege where the money went, but claims the firm was negligent and violated its duty of trust. He also claims the firm has not come clean with his financial records, and says he's requested his accounting file but it has not been presented.

Jackson is seeking unspecified compensatory damages, punitive damages and a full accounting. Reps from Bernstein, Fox, Whitman, Goldman & Sloan had no comment.
http://wwww.tmz.com/2006/12/22/*****-wants-his-money-backo-files-suit/

Last Updated: Saturday, 23 December 2006, 18:16 GMT

Jackson sues former accountants

Michael Jackson is suing his former accountants, claiming they made unauthorised business deals while charging him millions of dollars.

The singer alleges negligence and breach of trust against the firm in a suit filed in Los Angeles.

He is claiming unspecified damages and an audit of money paid to Bernstein, Fox, Whitman, Goldman & Sloan.

The suit also said the firm - which has not commented on the claims - did not keep him informed about money matters.

In August, Mr Jackson parted company with his lawyers, who claimed they they had not been paid for representing him in a case brought by a finance company.

However, the singer claimed he had fired New York-based Wachtel & Masyr.

Finance company Prescient Acquisition Group has been suing the singer, saying it is owed $48m (£24.5m).

The firm alleges it helped Mr Jackson find investors to help pay off a $272.5m (£139.1m) debt, and arrange $537.5m (£274.5m) in financing to secure the Beatles' back catalogue.

Mr Jackson is trying to rebuild his music career after being acquitted of child abuse charges in California in 2005.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6206651.stm

Pop star Michael Jackson drops lawsuit against an accounting firm
May 05, 2008 | By: Rob

Troubled pop star Michael Jackson has now dropped his lawsuit against account firm Bernstein, Fox, Whitman, Goldman & Sloan which he claimed made unauthorized deals. It is not known if Jackson who alleged negligence and breach of trust agreed to a settlement deal. The King of Pop sued the company in December 2006; he said that they were late in paying his taxes as well as entering into contracts without the singer’s permission.

The account firm tried to counter sue Jackson, however this action was dismissed. Bernstein, Fox, Whitman, Goldman & Sloan claimed that Michael Jackson owed them $1 million in unpaid bills. Michael has managed to stay out of the headlines since he was acquitted of the child sex abuse charges in 2005.

Michael has now been in the studio working on his new album which he hopes will help to revive is flagging music career. We know that he has not allowed his children into the studio as he does not want any distractions. The reason for this is because he wants to try and re-create the success that the singer had with Thriller, the biggest selling album of all time. The dropping of the lawsuit is now one less distraction for Michael, so just maybe he might produce a perfect album.

Source - BBC News
http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20080505/pop-star-michael-jackson-drops-lawsuit-against-an-accounting-firm/

Michael Jackson Sued For $48 million

Michael Jackson is being sued by a financial company which claims that it is owed $48 million for saving the singer's stake in his rights to the Beatles songs.

Michael Jackson is being sued by a financial company which claims that it is owed $48 million for saving the singer's stake in his rights to the Beatles songs.
Prescient Acquisition Group, also known as Prescient Capital Corp filed the lawsuit yesterday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, claiming a larger stake in a library of Beatles songs. (Reuters)

Michael Jackson hired the company Prescient in November 2004 to help with refinancing $537.5 million through another company. Prescient secured enough money for the pop legend to wipe the debt but said they were entitled to a $24.8 million fee.

"We're going to take a look at the lawsuit and we're going to handle it in a good and professional manner and make sure appropriate contacts are made with everyone concerned," said Brian Oxman, a lawyer for Jackson.

The financiers explained that Jackson and his company were not entitled to "retain the benefits of those services in equity and good conscience without paying to Prescient an amount to be determined at trial."

Michael Jackson, who has recently been acquitted of child molestation charges, owns the rights to most of the Beatles' songs.

All the songs performed by Paul McCartney at the Live 8 concert earlier this month, "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", "Get Back", "Drive My Car", "Helter Skelter", "The Long And Winding Road" and "Hey Jude" belong to Jackson now and the experts assess the profit made by Michael after the concert is huge.

At this moment, Live 8 organizers and not only, are urging pop singer Michael Jackson to donate profits from the Beatles songs performed at Live 8.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Michael-Jackson-Sued-For-48-million-4681.shtml

Precient Settles Suit with Jackson - MiniB#46

June 18 2007 - Precient Acquisition Group has decided not to face singer Michael Jackson in court concerning claims it allegedly was owed upwards of $48 million.

Precient, owned by Darrien Dash, claimed the company helped Jackson secure a commitment of $537.5 million which supposedly enabled him to pay off a debt with Bank of America. Jackson says he never heard of Dash and certainly didn't remember signing documents agreeing to pay his company $50 million for anything.
An unnamed alleged Jackson spokesperson is quoted in Reuters as saying that the ginormously profitable and expanding Sony/ATV catalog remains "safe and sound".

There's a question as to whether the catalog of songs was ever in danger as a result of this Precient lawsuit in the first place. Precient isn't the first company or group of people who have been trying to get their hands into Jackson's pockets by any means necessary.

Reportedly, legal fights with his former accountants and with a former lawyer, Brent Ayscough, will be upcoming.

Before the trial began there was talk of various shady advisers and business associates who were trying to take over his finances, siphoning off funds, diverting money to offshore accounts, accountants and firms not paying his bills in order to wrap him up in litigation, etc.

The settlement with Precient was reached today just as the trial was about to proceed in U.S. District Court in Manhattan. Much to the chagrin of the media, the terms of the settlement are confidential, .

http://site2.mjeol.com/mjeol-bullet/precient-settles-suit-with-jackson-minibullet-46.html

***** nearly snookered by brother and 'advisor'
People News
By Stone Martindale Jun 17, 2007, 20:20 GMT

The Daily News received copies of court transcripts from the Michael Jackson federal lawsuit schedule for next week. It reveals a less than sophisticated web of bad advice and confusion around the embattled pop singer, who has seen better days.

The records show that Jackson claims his brother and a financial advisor "pal" tried to cheat him out of fortune during his molestation trial and "only the wise counsel of the Rev. Jesse Jackson and billionaire Ron Burkle saved him," according to the Daily News.

The Daily News revealed that the pages of testimony show that it "even fingered a man close to Randy Jackson as a key villain."

"It's full of sharks, charlatans and imposters," Jackson said in testimony taken last summer in Paris.

"Because there's a lot of money involved, there's a bunch of schmucks in there," Jackson said. "It's the entertainment world, full of thieves and crooks. That's not new. Everybody knows that."

The Daily News reports that Jackson was "pressured to sign off on a multimillion-dollar financing deal by Don Stabler, an associate brought in by brother Randy, his go-to guy on financial matters during much of his career."

Describing Stabler: "He reminded me of people that live in mid-America like Indiana," Jackson testified.

Luckily Jackson had turned to more reliable financial advisors, namely the billionaire friend of former President Bill Clinton for financial help, Ron Burkle. Burkle brought in Jesse Jackson.

The Daily News details the tug of war that ensued between Burkle, Jackson and Stable.

"[Stabler] said, 'What's the problem? You're not down, you're with the Jews now. You're not down with blacks anymore,'" Jackson testified.

"It was unkind," Jackson added. "It was mean. It was meanspirited. It was nasty. Simply because he couldn't get me to sign something that he wanted me to sign."

The next time Jackson saw Stabler "he wanted to take my head off." And his brother Randy wasn't too happy, either.

Randy allegedly had amassed a huge American Express bill of over $700K, and wanted to be paid back.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:66VdC-VuikUJ:www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1318838.php/*****_nearly_snookered_by_brother_and_advisor+Michael+jackson+%2B+billionaire+Ron+Burkle+%2B+the+Daily+News&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

every single one of them has earning potential. it's up to them to utilize their talents. they didn't do that when mj was alive. they didn'tneed him, they set themselve back by doubting their talent.

im sure he left their KIDS something but not them.

Brian Oxman is NOT Michael Jackson’s LawyerBy: Roger Friedman // Thursday June 25, 2009
Michael Jackson hasn’t been dead three hours and Brian Oxman is on TV everywhere being identified as the attorney for the singer or his family.

He is not.

Michael Jackson’s attorney, officially, is Joel Katz, the respected music lawyer from Greenberg Traurig of Atlanta.

Please, news organizations: Brian Oxman was fired by Thomas Mesereau from Michael’s trial in 2005. I was there. He has no knowledge of Michael’s life for the last several years. Oxman sued Jackson looking for legal fees, and lost.

Jackson’s attorney just prior to Katz was Peter Lopez. Some of his business has been handled in New York by Londell McMillan. Jackson’s manager, recently re-signed, is Frank Di Leo, who has been in Los Angeles with him the last several weeks.

More to come.

Michael's mom holds her kids' financial fate with estate

Something tells me we'll be hearing financial details regarding Michael Jackson's estate for a long time to come.

The latest: Despite what Jackson family members are saying publicly -- especially Randy Jackson's claim he has no interest in money -- I'm hearing there is a lot of behind-the-scenes wrangling and maneuvering going on. Given that Katherine Jackson's 40 percent share in her son's estate only lasts during her lifetime, there is pressure from her surviving children to establish trusts and other financial channels to funnel big bucks to her less-than-flush offspring while she is still around.

As it now stands, once Michael's mother passes on, her huge interest in the estate goes directly to the King of Pop's three children -- on top of the 40 percent share they already will have inherited.

So you can bet that Katherine Jackson's own kids are all praying she lives a very long life -- many years beyond the 79 she already has spent on this planet.

While there are ongoing debts and lawsuits from debtors -- which will keep an army of attorneys busy and well-paid for a long time -- the avalanche of money from Michael's estate will still pour a lot of hard cash into Katherine Jackson's coffers as long as she's alive.
http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwec...TR-zp14.article

yeah Randy brought in MEZ but he also brought in an army of lawyers and accountants who stole mj and failed to pay the employees at neverland, the insurance for the employees , the mikey pharmacy .......etc . and was signing deals on behalf of mj whithout his knowledge which costed mj millions of dollars .

I HATE AND DESPISE THE JACKSONS (with the exception of MJ3, Michael and Janet).

Katie has debts she has to pay them , she can create as much trusts as she wants , they will be considered as a "legal" way to avoid paying her debts which are millions of dollars . the creditors are first in line to get the money distributed by the estate to katherine as a beneficiary .

that's why I always believed that MJ never updated his will, he had created trusts before 2000
, but he had many debts and loans after that , and creating a new will with new trusts would have been considered a way to cheat the creditors out of their money . they would have been able to fight the executors , ofcourse incase the estate did not meet its financial obligations which is not at all the case here .

but with katherine , this thing will apply to her . no trust will protect her heirs from the creditors at all . infact I'm sure the creditors will be able to collect their money once the profits are distributed by the executors .

since MJ had debts and the estate has to pay taxes 48% of his wealth , it will be long before Katheirne will receive a cheque with 7 numbers . then comes the creditors , then katherine .

keep in mind the executors are focusing on what benefits the Estate on the long run and what is the best for the long term beneficiaries the kids and the charities , the sole purpose of mentioning katherine in the will was to allow her to maintain the same lifestyle she rocked when mj was here . MJ probably made sure that the focus should be his children future and not making his mother a billionaire .

Um wow that's a little harsh. Do you think Michael would want someone saying that about his brother no matter what differences they may have had?

Low blow.

Stop with the "Michael wouldn't have wanted". EVERYONE stole money from him. EVERYONE. Everyone made him look like a clown by stealing money and laughing in his face for doing so. Michael apologized for having been stolen. I'm sick of it. SICK! I'm a fan: not mother Theresa. My idol was robbed of his dignity by his family...yet I'm- in the condition of a fan- supposed to forgive them? That was Michael's problem: people spat in his face...yet he would play the role of the victim and allowed the other person to continue spitting on him. Guess what? That's why he's not alive. That's why his family and everyone related to him-including journalists and tabloids- used him for money ALL HIS LIFE. Michael was nothing but a cash-cow, a slave, a robot and a meal ticket to many. I don't care if "he wouldn't have wanted". He should have asked people to treat him like...humm....a human being whgen he was alive. However, he didn't want to offend anyone...so he continued to be robbed and treated like a slave. BTW: I don't pitty him for that. I pitty myself.

Last edited:
Don't let the media make you hate or despise Jacksons.

This was predictable. Once MJ was done away with, the media would do anything to isolate Jacksons from Michael's estate.

They hated MJ's success and wealth and they do not want to see the Jackson family as an American institution like Kennedys.

The problem with the family is that there are a few members whose self-interests are playing right into this. Joe is too money-minded and he loves teh attention after MJ's passing. He has made money, he's in an insentsitive state after being bashed for too long and couldn't care less about the media and to some extent, his son. To him, it's making money afterall, he knows what they are upto.

You may loathe Joe, but he isn't ignorant to what is happening, hence his decision to go to court that day. He may not have said anything but at times, actions speak louder than words.

Michael isn't there, so who will the media bash? themselves? They don't bash Halperin, their pundits writing books or Schmuley.
But when it's the Jackson's they bash.

Ironically, what i'm happy about what Joe is doing, is it squeezes out the pundits. Think about this, Schmuley writing a book bashing Joe, Halperin writing a book bashing Joe, but Joe keeping quiet.
Yet here we have Joe writing a book, Jacksons doing a reality show, which denies pundits free reign.

Moreso, they get paid for it. Belive me, If Michael had made Bashir pay for that documentary and not offered it for free, it would have turned out very differently.

Joe is like an antidote to the media. They are scam, and he too acts like scam with the "no care, profiteering" attitude which then forces the media into teh position of trying to be sensitive towards Michael saying why can't his father show feelings.

Well, they never showed feelings in the first place.

How far can Schmuley go trashing Joe, when Joe also begins marketing his book, and you bet he will appear on TV shows promoting it.
Which is better than Jacksons trying to call in when these people are on TV.

And you bet Joe will home in on some people around Michael.

Stop with the "Michael wouldn't have wanted". EVERYONE stole money from him. EVERYONE. Everyone made him look like a clown by stealing money and laughing in his face for doing so. Michael apologized for having been stolen. I'm sick of it. SICK! I'm a fan: not mother Theresa. My idol was robbed of his dignity by his family...yet I'm- in the condition of a fan- supposed to forgive them? That was Michael's problem: people spat in his face...yet he would play the role of the victim and allowed the other person to continue spitting on him. Guess what? That's why he's not alive. That's why his family and everyone related to him-including journalists and tabloids- used him for money ALL HIS LIFE. Michael was nothing but a cash-cow, a slave, a robot and a meal ticket to many. I don't care if "he wouldn't have wanted". He should have asked people to treat him like...humm....a human being whgen he was alive. However, he didn't want to offend anyone...so he continued to be robbed and treated like a slave. BTW: I don't pitty him for that. I pitty myself.

thank you for being realistic :clapping::clapping:

Back