Robin Williams Dead at 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I take it you are perfect then and have never made mistakes in your life? I hope noone judges you on your mistakes instead of the good things you contribute to life. If you are in fact perfect I do apologize in advance for assuming that you are a human being like everyone else on this planet

Its equally ok for someone to admire Robin's talent as it is for someone to not like Robin for his bullying personality (or at least the personality he tried to project). It is also ok for fans to forgive robin for the things he said as it is ok for fans to not want to let what Robin said go. In the end, how much does any of it matter when neither of them are here anymore? Who said what and when...its just all so small when people are grieving over a loss of a life (or lives - whether you grieve more for MJ or Robin).

Its equally ok for someone to admire Robin's talent as it is for someone to not like Robin for his bullying personality (or at least the personality he tried to project). It is also ok for fans to forgive robin for the things he said as it is ok for fans to not want to let what Robin said go. In the end, how much does any of it matter when neither of them are here anymore? Who said what and when...its just all so small when people are grieving over a loss of a life (or lives - whether you grieve more for MJ or Robin).

EXACTLY. THAT is what I am trying to say. I LOVED and ADMIRED his talent but was pissed off at the disgusting things he had to say about Michael. Hell I even refused to watch that whole DVD EVER AGAIN after the disgusting things he had to say. But you can still enjoy someone's talent and artwork even if you hate their personality or may not agree with something they have done or said. Everyone makes mistakes. What Robin said about Michael was disgusting and uncalled for and made me lose so much respect for him as a HUMAN BEING. But his talent and who he is as a person are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. People should be able to separate one from the other. And people should be able to have the right to choose to do so.

Thank you for this post. I didn't know how to put my point across in a way that would make sense.

What were your thoughts on the passing of Michael Jackson?
Robin Williams: For me, it was sad. It was just a sad, kind of lonely event. For years of making fun of him, I felt really bad because it used to be making fun of Michael Jackson's like bitch slapping a paraplegic. Then when he died, you went, "Aw, sh*t, man. That's lonely." For me it just strikes me as just being so lonely. When you're taking a drug that would anaesthetize an elephant, how scared are you?

I knew about the jokes and yes they were harsh, but one would be hard pressed to find someone that WASN'T cracking on Mike. Robin was scared too, scared for decades, self-medicating enough to knock out an elephant. Hiding his own hell while pointing out the hell in others. I feel sorry for him, sorry that he lost the battle with mental illness.

He's dead and by his own hand. How f*cked up is that? How SAD is that?

RIP, Robin :cry:

Last edited:
Yet you judge others for feeling sad about his death. That's not separating ^^

Snow never judged anyone for feeling sad about his death, in the original post she only stated her opinion. My post was to say that it is ALSO ok for people to not WANT to be sad about it. It goes both ways.

I'm heartbroken. He was my favorite actor when I was a kid. I grew up with his movies, as so many did. So many memories and laughter. I'm sorry he was unable to get the help he needed. :( May he be at peace now.

Snow never judged anyone for feeling sad about his death, in the original post she only stated her opinion. My post was to say that it is ALSO ok for people to not WANT to be sad about it. It goes both ways.

She said I was justifying the bullshit that Robin said about Michael. If that's not judging me for what I was feeling I'd love to know what it is

Well justifying someone's actions and feeling sad about someone's death are two different things that I think are being mixed up here. I think Snow was speaking of one of those things, not both.

Btw....I remember reading some post by some people online who actually where glad when MJ passed and I remember how pissed off I was about that, so let's just try to keep our emotions in check.

I didn't say I was glad. But I'm not going to grieve a person who's been so vile to Michael.

Okay guys, I'm not gonna tell you how to feel about this news, but there is a time and place for everything and right now may not be the time to post any negativity. Regardless of what has been said about MJ by him, a life has been lost, a family in mourning, lets remember that.

Btw....I remember reading some post by some people online who actually where glad when MJ passed and I remember how pissed off I was about that, so let's just try to keep our emotions in check.

To his family, I pray that they will find the strength to deal with this loss in the days to come.

RIP....Robin Williams

THANK YOU. No one is perfect and I'm sure we've all said shit in our lives that we regret. I know I have. While it might've been too late, Robin still apologised for it and realised he was in the wrong. Forgive and forget people. Michael was a very forgiving person, even to people who would do what Robin did. If the target himself could find it in his heart to forgive people, I'm sure you can too.

Just because he joked about MJ a few times doesn't mean I don't care or feel for his unfortunate passing. I might love MJ a lot, but life doesn't revolve around him. My opinions are not solely based on what people did/think of Michael Jackson (of course, there are very rare exceptions to this, but I reserve that for idiots who try to prove he was some sort of child molesting monster etc). Probably not the most popular opinion around here but whatever.

The way Robin ended his life was tragic. You don't have to grieve for his loss, but there's a time and place to complain about things. Now isn't the time nor place. People just lost a brother, a father, an uncle, a mentor, a hero. I might not have seen many of his films but having spent a while reading all these comments online, I can certainly understand the happiness and joy he brought to millions and millions of people over the past few decades.

RIP Robin.

Well justifying someone's actions and feeling sad about someone's death are two different things that I think are being mixed up here. I think Snow was speaking of one of those things, not both.

She still said that I was justifying what Robin had said about Michael. Therefore she was JUDGING ME for feeling the way that I do. I said right from the beginning Robin was wrong for what he had said about Michael and that it was beyond messed up and wrong. And she still proceeded to say I was justifying his words but ok. You rather think she wasn't judging what I was saying lol

I'm not going to bother posting on here anymore. You clearly can't post an opinion about Robin Williams without being told you are "justifying what he said about Michael" even though you have said repeatedly that it was f***** up and wrong. Yeah ok. Peace out. I'm done with this forum

I didn't say I was glad. But I'm not going to grieve a person who's been so vile to Michael.

Uhm, never said YOU were, common now.

Let's just simmer down a bit here and not let our emotions get the best of us.

I'm not going to bother posting on here anymore. You clearly can't post an opinion about Robin Williams without being told you are "justifying what he said about Michael" even though you have said repeatedly that it was f***** up and wrong. Yeah ok. Peace out. I'm done with this forum

Well that's a bit dramatic

Personally I think it is tragedy. Robin Williams obviously had his own issues and was obviously in a lot of mental pain to take his own life. He apologised about what he said about Michael and had the guts to do so which not many people have. I think it is disrespectful to bring up things Robin said in the past about Michael. He said he was sorry. The whole world does not revolve around Michael Jackson and his fans. It is totally inappropriate to start bashing a man that has just passed away.
I was watching night at the museum last nite as it was on t.v. Robin was very good in it as he was in many films.

Here's the thing, when Robin "bashed" MJ the way he did (and its not Eddie murphy kinda jokes, admittedly it was long running commentary that was really cruel and just...wow)....I don't think people should be required on a MJ fan forum to be lovey dovey about it. Not saying they should be cruel or start bashing right back, but so far I haven't seen anyone be cruel but instead tell the truth of how he treated MJ and the truth of how they feel.

That is dramatic because it started when speechless quoted Snow, quoted a post in which Snow never referenced any one person but was only talking about herself, and started ranting about what SHE should and should not say about Robin, which made Snow respond back. I'm just trying to show some perspective here where emotions are clearly running high.

Personally I think it is tragedy. Robin Williams obviously had his own issues and was obviously in a lot of mental pain to take his own life. He apologised about what he said about Michael and had the guts to do so which not many people have. I think it is disrespectful to bring up things Robin said in the past about Michael. He said he was sorry. The whole world does not revolve around Michael Jackson and his fans. It is totally inappropriate to start bashing a man that has just passed away.
I was watching night at the museum last nite as it was on t.v. Robin was very good in it as he was in many films.

It seems some people are having reading comprehension problems. You should read what RW said again. He never apologized to Michael, he just said he "felt bad" for making fun of him. Which I don't think he meant because he was mocking again after Michael's passing.

I NEVER said, I don't think anyone (unless I missed that post) people shouldn't feel sad for RW's passing, nether I said people shouldn't admire his work for what he said of Michael. He was a talented performer but what he did, (which I thought speechlesslove4michael justified by saying everyone makes mistakes) TO ME was unforgivable because he took advantage of Michael's disgraces to make a living for years (not even his pasing sotpped him, just RW's own death) and took part of the lynching mob and helped gullible people considering him a monster.

Oh no man.

I never heard his jokes on Michael, but it's best that I don't know or heard of it on my part but mentioning how he felt about Michael's passing really hits him and it did sound like he's regretting his jokes on him.

But the only plus side is that I love his funny acting on films and voice acting as well. My brother loves that part on Mrs. Doubtfire when he recites the words of Porky Pig gag.

[YOUTUBE]jylTSfjv8Kk[/YOUTUBE]

I think it's shameful of some of Michael's fans to be so cold hearted towards somebody killing themselves. How dare you complain about somebody insulting MJ when somebody who has ended their life doesn't tug at a compassionate string in your heart. How can you claim to want compassion from someone when you yourself aren't bothered about giving it yourself.

Michael was a human being and it's horrible to be at the end of a joke, but we also have to remember that MJ was a global entertainer with controversies galore. He was the biggest celebrity on Earth, what comedian didn't have MJ in his stand up, 5 years after his death MJ is still being referenced. It's not right to sum up somebodies entire existence due to a few corny jokes.

I can't believe it, his MJ jokes didn't even enter my mind. The man ****ing hanged himself yet all you care about is the few times he cracked a MJ skin colour, plastic surgery or children joke... some of the most tamest shit compared to others, have you seen Katt Williams or freaking Necro's song about MJ? Robin spoke compassionately about MJ after he died, he obviously related to Michael. Are you realizing what you guys are making MJ fans look like? A man killed himself, jeeze. Reading what he said about Michael after death was touching, it seems Robin understood MJ more than some of his own fans.

Plus if you didn't know comedy is used as an escapism. Not everyone has the same taste in comedy sure, but yeah... joking about things you may not deem appropriate is somebody elses coping mechanism. The tale of the sad clown is a common one, and yeah, even our beloved MJ made fun of people and hurt peoples feelings. Maybe not in a stand up routine infront of an audience, but in life... but when he was pronounced dead we don't sit there and list the times he did things that weren't too great. Robin was an entertainer not a ****ing dictator... he said some thigns we didn't like, but to belittle his existence and think of him negatively upon hearing he has ended his life due to depression, due to sadness... it's pathetic.

Last edited:
I know its an emotional subject, and that anyone who says anything less than emotional might come off as incompassionate...but people are allowed not to like someone, especially when that someone relentlessly bashed their idol. There just happened to be people who didn't like who Robin Williams portrayed himself to be - that doesn't mean they are belittling his life or the fact that he died or the fact that there are people who are sad about his death. I think people are reading more into things than are actually there. For the most part, the most I've seen are people offering their condolences but at the same time expressing what THEY know of his life - and considering that this is a MJ forum, it is understandably often limited to how this person has affected MJ. That does not mean that they think the world revolves around MJ or that his life's value is based on what he said about MJ...but in THEIR perspective, their impression of Robin is what it is because of the things he said. And I think people should be able to express that without being called incompassionate or insensitive. JUST like people can offer their words of sadness and praise without being called anti-MJ fans.

This is isn't about Michael. Yes it's an MJ board. I don't like or tolerate MJ jokes at all but Robin Williams is dead. This is not the time for bashing a dead man or what he said about MJ. As another poster pointed out he wasn't the only one to makes jokes about MJ and I haven't seem any apologies or regret from any of these other comedians after MJ passed. Robin Wiliams had a lot of demons, and for that we should show some compassion, compassion I'm sure MJ would have had himself towards Robin and his family.

It seems some people are having reading comprehension problems. You should read what RW said again. He never apologized to Michael, he just said he "felt bad" for making fun of him. Which I don't think he meant because he was mocking again after Michael's passing.

I NEVER said, I don't think anyone (unless I missed that post) people shouldn't feel sad for RW's passing, nether I said people shouldn't admire his work for what he said of Michael. He was a talented performer but what he did, (which I thought speechlesslove4michael justified by saying everyone makes mistakes) TO ME was unforgivable because he took advantage of Michael's disgraces to make a living for years (not even his pasing sotpped him, just RW's own death) and took part of the lynching mob and helped gullible people considering him a monster.
I don't have any comprehension problems Thankyou. I just think that attacking a dead man is tasteless.

No one here is attacking Robin Williams. All people are saying is that they didn't like the vile things he said about Michael

I think we all could just try to be a litle more thoughtful and sensitive about a persons pain suffering and death. Not everyone who has made jokes (comedians) or said something unfavorable about MJ are haters or mean spirited people. Some are just ignorant of the facts. but a comedian makes fun of famous people for a living, they don't discriminate,everyone is game and it usually isn't personal. Yes it can be hurtful when we hear jokes at Michael's expense, because we are more sensitive toward him and empathize with all he went through.

Robin Williams life was certainly worth Much, much more than a few bad jokes and indiscretions (which we ALL have) and he was remorseful and felt bad about making fun of Michael. Certainly a few bad jokes he told and is not worth all the hatred and insensitivity some are displaying. He was also known to be a very kind and generous man by those who knew and worked with him.

Michael really understood human nature and was very forgiving of people short comings. Now i realize not everyone wants to be like Michael or forgiving but I think we can learn a lot from him and would be better people if we try to emulate him more. In that way we can help make the world a much better place as he asked us to... Yes he did

So, hearing that somebody has been found dead due to suicide, and instead of expressing sympathies, you have the desire to post how you don't like them or listing the things you didn't like that they did, that's not insensitive? You don't have to like them, but not even 24 hours later (a mere couple of hours later really) people are already putting him down and expressing dislike for a fellow man who has taken his life. It's ok though, people have the right to express themselves, it's just hypocritical. People are doing exactly what they're accusing Robin Williams of. Atleast Robin showed sympathy and understanding to Michael, despite his jokes that have been told a thousand times by different comedians. Robin never used MJ's death as an excuse to express how he just disliked him anyway as if MJ's life was worthless. Robin's jokes about MJ sometimes weren't very nice, but in reality he just used current events and made humour around it because God knows sometimes humour is the only release to escape from the hard times in life, and the fact that Robin has ended his life must tell you that is exactly what he spent time doing... occupying minds, & making light of the dark.

Suicide shows that somebody is hurting, isolated and in pain and saw death as a release, and when you hear someone has ended their life, to just use that news, that event not to show care or compassion, but to express your distaste for that someone... that's tasteless, much more tasteless than Robin cracking jokes about propofol, or celebrity controversies.

Yikes, some of the comments on here are awful. Robin Williams was a good person and an amazing actor. The things he said about Michael were horrible, yes, but he had a big heart. I grew up with Robin Williams and his films and he was one of those rare talents that could portray both comedy and drama to an amazing degree. The world has lost another brilliant star and he will be greatly missed by many people. I feel so bad for his wife and children. Depression is such a cruel demon. It slowly destroys your soul.
People who commit suicide should not be deemed selfish, that level of desperation and complete despair can be much more powerful than the love you feel for your family. You cannot understand that level of emptiness and sorrow unless you have experienced severe depression yourself. It's a chemical imbalance, it's not some simple black and white choice they made one day.
RIP Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back