Robin Williams Dead at 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's about Michael because this is a forum dedicated to him. Catherine is asking compassion towards a man who relentlessly bashed my hero and I bet yours as well. Not even his passing stopped him to point his finger at him when he had worst issues himself. She called some of us cold hearted because we expressed our anger for what he did to Michael in his darker hours , yet she wasted no time on insulting us our persona. Double standards, bravo Catherine! :clapping:

Anyone who "jokes" about child molestation/rape is sick of his/her head, plus he made money off it. I think all the "comedians" who mocked at Michael's disgrace are fame whores, not only Robin Williams.

Yes, it's about Michael because this is a forum dedicated to him. Catherine is asking compassion towards a man who relentlessly bashed my hero and I bet yours as well. Not even his passing stopped him to point his finger at him when he had worst issues himself. She called some of us cold hearted because we expressed our anger for what he did to Michael in his darker hours , yet she wasted no time on insulting us our persona. Double standards, bravo Catherine! :clapping:

Anyone who "jokes" about child molestation/rape is sick of his/her head, plus he made money off it. I think all the "comedians" who mocked at Michael's disgrace are fame whores, not only Robin Williams.
THIS TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT MICHAEL. It is about Robin Williams' tragic death. This topic is not meant to be an opportunity for butthurt fans to bitch. If you think Robin Williams is a bad person just because he said some stupid things, then you are ignorant and obviously know nothing about him. Keep your hate to yourself and have some respect for the people who cared about this person and the loss of a life.

^^Reading comprehension problems AGAIN, when did I ever call Robin Williams a bad person? I called him asshole, bully, jerk and fame whore. I never used bad person in any of my posts.

Man, if everyone respected everyone's opinions, this wouldn't be a problem. But some people are just dead set in proving a point. In a forum where you are free to speak your mind, its hard to want to when you get chastised for having a negative one. What if Nancy Grace died? Would people be harping on others for mentioning the fact that she made a career out of smearing MJ (despite it being called 'journalism' and it is her 'job') when this is a MJ forum? I just don't get it. I mean, I DO get it. I get that people are upset that Robin died, and I get that some people don't want to hear bad about him in this hour. But still, people have to understand that there are folks that just didn't like him right? And they have a right to their opinion right? And just because they expressed dislike for what he did doesn't mean they think of him as less than human or don't think his death is sad or don't have sympathy for those that DO care about him. They are just saying their thoughts on the man, and those thoughts may just be limited to what they know about him ...and considering this is an MJ forum, what I'm sure a lot know of him is the fact that he regularly bashed MJ. So they're going to talk about it.

IFWT_Robin_Williams_Final_Instagram-600x480.jpg

(Photo) Robin Williams’ Heartbreaking Final Instagram Post

The beloved actor, Robin Williams, who died in an apparent suicide Monday, posted a touching photograph on Instagram just days before his death. Robin Williams shared a lovely black and white photograph of him holding his daughter, Zelda Rae Williams, when she was a young child.

The late actor captioned the photo with a sweet message wishing his daughter a Happy Birthday, saying: “#tbt and Happy Birthday to Ms. Zelda Rae Williams! Quarter of a century old today but always my baby girl. Happy Birthday @zeldawilliams Love you!”

So sad.
Williams, who was 63 years old, is survived by three children: Zachary, 31; Zelda, 25, and Cody, 22.

^^Reading comprehension problems AGAIN, when did I ever call Robin Williams a bad person? I called him asshole, bully, jerk and fame whore. I never used bad person in any of my posts.
I can't tell if you're screwing with me or genuinely don't understand that asshole/bully/jerk/fame whore equates to a bad person!

I can't fake sympathy, compassion for Robin Williams. I spent a live time not caring about this man, not supporting his work. Too many unpleasant memories of him relentlessly attacking MJ. I refuse to sweep it under the rug.

Man, if everyone respected everyone's opinions, this wouldn't be a problem. But some people are just dead set in proving a point. In a forum where you are free to speak your mind, its hard to want to when you get chastised for having a negative one. What if Nancy Grace died? Would people be harping on others for mentioning the fact that she made a career out of smearing MJ (despite it being called 'journalism' and it is her 'job') when this is a MJ forum? I just don't get it. I mean, I DO get it. I get that people are upset that Robin died, and I get that some people don't want to hear bad about him in this hour. But still, people have to understand that there are folks that just didn't like him right? And they have a right to their opinion right? And just because they expressed dislike for what he did doesn't mean they think of him as less than human or don't think his death is sad or don't have sympathy for those that DO care about him. They are just saying their thoughts on the man, and those thoughts may just be limited to what they know about him ...and considering this is an MJ forum, what I'm sure a lot know of him is the fact that he regularly bashed MJ. So they're going to talk about it.
Then these people need to educate themselves before bitching and stop throwing stones in a glass house!

Then these people need to educate themselves before bitching and stop throwing stones in a glass house!

Or we can all accept people's opinions as opinions and continue on without bitching at them? lol

Or we can all accept people's opinions as opinions and continue on without bitching at them? lol

No, you don't get to come into a topic which is about mourning someone's death just to attack that person, without consequences. The lack of empathy and compassion here is something that belongs on 4chan, not an MJ forum of all places. Michael would be disgusted.

well i guess its also a matter of opinion what people consider 'attacking' and what people consider just comment what Robin did and their thoughts on what he did.

No one here said 'good riddance' or anything of the sort so I'm not sure why people are acting like that came out of anyone's mouth.

Wow, a man lost his life and this is what it comes down to?

I'm sorry, but put it all aside. At this point, who really cares what he said about Michael or anyone else?

Start your own thread if you want to discuss that.

Is this thread really about that? How petty and highly inappropriate in light of what just happened.

RIP Robin, you will be missed.

Give the man some respect.

Sorry but anyone who couldn't respect Michael as a person hiding on it was his job, or the sheepish ignance flag, I can't respect him as a person either. I'd like to see the day some people who made a career on bullshitting the public about Michael you showing sympathy when they die. I showed sympathy for his family, even RW before knowing about his relentless bashing and judgement towards this man who has been a very important part of almost my entire life. But now I know, I can't feel sorry for him.

Sorry but anyone who couldn't respect Michael as a person hiding on it was his job, or the sheepish ignance flag, I can't respect him as a person either. I'd like to see the day some people who made a career on bullshitting the public about Michael you showing sympathy when they die. I showed sympathy for his family, even RW before knowing about his relentless bashing and judgement towards this man who has been a very important part of almost my entire life. But now I know, I can't feel sorry for him.

You have every right to feel the way you do and believe me, I cringed every time he said something vile about Michael.

However, this is neither the time nor place. Bring it somewhere else.

Anna;4035804 said:
I can't tell if you're screwing with me or genuinely don't understand that asshole/bully/jerk/fame whore equates to a bad person![/QUOTE

English is not my mother language but I can tell those insults don't equate a person as a bad one.

Asshole: Besides the literal meaning, it’s a common word for a jerk or idiot. Insulting term of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous. Jerk is synonym.

Bully: discourage or frighten with threats or a domineering manner; intimidate. A cruel fellow.

Fame whore: An individual who is willing to do anything, regardless of how humiliating or demeaning, to achieve notoriety.

When Michael died, we, and many others, wanted time before people started talking about the darker aspects of his life, in order to give family and fans and the world the time to mourn. It would have hurt to see people say "well, he was taking drugs when he died and allegedly did some really bad things so I don't really care that he died" in ANY place or ANY circumstance.

I think Robin Williams and his fans/family should be afforded the same respect that we expected to be given to Michael directly after his passing.

Robin Williams committed suicide by hanging himself, Marin County Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd said today. Here's what they found in their invetigation

1966924_10203063905333215_6724205026491517114_n.jpg

Officials: Robin Williams apparently hanged himself with a belt

(CNN) -- [Breaking News update 2:22 p.m.]
Robin Williams apparently died of asphyxia due to hanging, Marin County Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd said Tuesday. The final cause will not be certified for several weeks, said Boyd, who also is the county's Assistant Chief Deputy Coroner

Williams' body was found "slightly suspended in a seated position" with a belt around his neck, Boyd said. The other end of the belt was between a closed door and the door frame, said Boyd, who also is the county's assistant chief deputy coroner.

Williams' left wrist had cuts when he was found dead in a bedroom at his home, Boyd said. A pocket knife was found near his body, and a red material consistent with dried blood was found on the knife, Boyd said. He said tests will be conducted to determine whether the substance is blood.

Williams was last seen alive at about 10:30 p.m. Sunday, by his wife, when she went to bed, Boyd said. He apparently went into a bedroom at an unknown time after that, and his wife left the home at about 10:30 a.m. Monday, believing him to be asleep. Williams' personal assistant, concerned because he wasn't responding to knocks on his bedroom door, entered the room and found him dead at about 11:45 a.m., Boyd said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/12/showb...ml?sr=fb081214robincauseofdeath230pvodtoplink

Last edited:
This is a thread for mourning a mans death.. If you do not want to show any respect please do not post any further. You opinions have been noted .. Time to move on .. and those who are mourning please do not reply to those who are insensitive to your pain and instigate the mess any further. ... Please ... its unbearable :cry:

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4035818 said:
Anna;4035804 said:
I can't tell if you're screwing with me or genuinely don't understand that asshole/bully/jerk/fame whore equates to a bad person![/QUOTE

English is not my mother language but I can tell those insults don't equate a person as a bad one.

Asshole: Besides the literal meaning, it’s a common word for a jerk or idiot. Insulting term of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous. Jerk is synonym.

Bully: discourage or frighten with threats or a domineering manner; intimidate. A cruel fellow.

Fame whore: An individual who is willing to do anything, regardless of how humiliating or demeaning, to achieve notoriety.
Are you kidding me?! They are insults. By their very definition they are attacking the character of that person. You don't insult someone like that if you think they're a good person.
I can't believe we're still having this conversation after what has happened here. Unbelievable.

I cant believe it either SO PLEASE STOP ... Everyone stop arguing . Take it to PM

DO NOT try to compare someone as generous and caring as Robin Williams with those evil scumbags. They are not even in the same league. And that's the last I'm saying on this.

I can't believe what I'm reading here on this board. The callousness of some peoples comments astound and disgust me. So immature. Michael would be ashamed.

Some people are acusing members here of insesitiveness, callousness forcing people to feel sympathy or mourning a man who was a bully and jerk towards MJ. Talking about what you "preach" and your "maturity" by attacking people's personas just because you disagree and can't respect not all will have your same opinion. Hypocrisy and double standards are in the air! :clapping:

Forget it, edit.

Can a mod please do something about this? It's so disrespectful.

When someone famous dies, what people tend to forget is that they were someone's father, son, mother a daughter ect. What gives us the right to start insulting them? What exactly are we achieving my doing this? Can't anyone rest in peace these days?

And to you Robin, I hope you're at peace now, and we will never forget they way you made the world laugh, Genie, you're free xxxx

When someone famous dies, what people tend to forget is that they were someone's father, son, mother a daughter ect. What gives us the right to start insulting them? What exactly are we achieving my doing this? Can't anyone rest in peace these days?

And to you Robin, I hope you're at peace now, and we will never forget they way you made the world laugh, Genie, you're free xxxx

I thought that quote was a such a beautiful and simple way to pay tribute. It really gets to me :cry:

I'm sorry but calling him an asshole, bully, etc were not insults, he acted like that with his behavior towards Michael. And I'm also sorry expressing opinions on this forum is a fallacy in some cases.

I'm sorry but calling him an asshole, bully, etc were not insults, he acted like that with his behavior towards Michael. And I'm also sorry expressing opinions on this forum is a fallacy in some cases.

Calling someone an asshole is insulting them. You're allowed to have a different opinion about it just be respectful when you express it. As other forum members have done.

I personally was shocked when I heard this. It was so unexpected, I never knew he was battling depression. It's sad. Although i'm not happy about the things he said regarding michael he did apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back