Robin Williams Dead at 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway yeah i'm really saddened by his death. I always found him entertaining and enjoyed his movies. He was a great person and i'm not going to condemn him because of some jokes he said. I'm not happy with what he said but we shouldn't forget what he gave the world either.

Why do you need to start a thread on this? What is the whole point?

Other than a really petty attempt at making Robin Williams look like such a horrible person but in the guise of "all comedians that have insulted Michael."

Boo fricken hoo, don't you have other things you can do with your time and energy?

No one is asking you to post in that thread. I'm just doing what someone else suggested

and making another thread is better than having people arguing in this one

Grieve on your own if it bothers you so much to be here. No one in this thread has said you can't grieve him.

Michael would be ashamed of you. Spreading such disgusting words to not only someone who does not deserve it, but continuing to deliberately upset fellow fans and people who are mourning. And for what? Does it make you feel good? You are as bad as the MJ haters. Vile!

We Miss You Robin... :angel: Your eyes had such love & happiness in them...I'm sorry I didn't see the sadness.. I hope you're free from the burdens of this world and set free an angel in heaven. R.I.P Mr. Robin Williams :pray:

and making another thread is better than having people arguing in this one

Agreed.

Please, for those who want to bash Robin and other comedians, go to the thread that analogue started.

This just isn't the place for it. Have your opinion and vent until your heart's content. We just don't want it in here, that's the whole point.

Why must this be reiterated a trillion times?

Anyway yeah i'm really saddened by his death. I always found him entertaining and enjoyed his movies. He was a great person and i'm not going to condemn him because of some jokes he said. I'm not happy with what he said but we shouldn't forget what he gave the world either.

Good Will Hunting was such a spectacular performance.

I've always actually enjoyed his movies more so than his stand up comedy.

I love "Hook" as well! One of my favourites and I haven't seen it in years.

Attacking and insulting my persona when you don't even FUKING KNOW ME! Bravo Anna, how well it speaks of what you supposedly preach. You're displaying such a pathetic and hypocritical behavior!

Good Will Hunting was such a spectacular performance.

I've always actually enjoyed his movies more so than his stand up comedy.

I love "Hook" as well! One of my favourites and I haven't seen it in years.

Yes I agree! I loved Hook! I haven't seen it in years either. I don't think i'll be able to watch them anymore tbh, knowing he's gone. Sorry if that sounds stupid or something but yeah.

I never considered myself a Robin Williams fan. I go back to the "Mork & Mindy" days and I watched that show only to see what Pam Dawber was wearing-I wanted to look like her. Robin was our generations Jonathan Winters, and I never "got" that manic improv type of humor-but I do remember when I was little, my dad would just die laughing whenever Jonathan Winters was on TV-and he drug us to see "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World" a billion times. So I always attributed Williams and Winters stuff to a "guy" thing-something about that 13 year old boy in them. Like the "3 Stooges" and Jim Carey humor. Guys love it.

EXCEPTION to that-my niece and nephews forced me to take them to "Aladdin" back in the day-and this time it was me dying laughing at Robin as the genie-and I give most of that credit to the magic of Disney and their unbelievable ability to animate to his improv.

I never knew about Robin's "jokes" about Michael until recently when I clicked on something on You Tube-and shut it down after about 20 seconds. I don't want to hear it. MY grudge probably goes back to "Hook" and I went to the opening and was absolutely delighted that the movie was AWFUL and it also got ripped apart by the critics. But I just recently learned that it became a cult classic with all the little kids in the 90's who watched it on their VCRs-so it ended up doing well after all. Funny.

That being said-I heard the breaking news last night and I did take the high road because besides "Aladdin" Robin made 2 other movies that I love with all my heart and will watch no matter what whenever they come on-"The Birdcage" and "Mrs. Doubtfire". They are pure magic to me. And we all sat around and recited scenes from these movies. I also greatly admired his loyalty and friendship to Christopher Reeve.

So I just want to say that I am very very sorry that he was unable to battle the devil that is depression. I really am. And Qbee, thank you so much for posting that information about "slapping a paraplegic"-to me, that was way more heartfelt than any "I'm sorry" could ever be. He obviously hated himself for that and regretted it sincerely.

Yes I agree! I loved Hook! I haven't seen it in years either. I don't think i'll be able to watch them anymore tbh, knowing he's gone. Sorry if that sounds stupid or something but yeah.

No, it's not stupid at all. I understand.

I wanted to watch Aladdin, but it's been hard to think of watching it because of the Academy tweet, I keep tearing up!

I used to crack up like crazy when I was a kid at this part, and I still do :lmao:

[YouTube]nEjVBBeE5TE[/YouTube]

I totally forgot he was also in Nine Months! As the doctor. He was hilarious as usual. I totally adored that movie as a kid.
Just so many films. Such an illustrious career!

No, it's not stupid at all. I understand.

I wanted to watch Aladdin, but it's been hard to think of watching it because of the Academy tweet, I keep tearing up!

Yeah Aladdin was one I was gonna watch too, he was very funny as the genie. I was talking about watching it a few days ago actually. I don't think i will now though.

Look how regretful he was to make fun of Michael having the nerve of "joking" how he used propofol in 2011 when Robin Williams committed suicide.

And you don't think I didn't get angry when some people were insulting me? I didn't insult anyone for feeling sad and wanting to grieve Williams. I just called him out for what he did to Michael, if all of you see that as insulting it's your problem.

I just love that Michael's "it's all for love" ideal is being lived so strongly by his fans ................

You're constantly calling him out, you just posted a video because nobody responded to your last post.......give it a rest. We know how you feel. No need to keep reminding us. I'll stop responding now cause I know you'll just keep going anyway.

You're constantly calling him out, you just posted a video because nobody responded to your last post.......give it a rest. We know how you feel. No need to keep reminding us. I'll stop responding now cause I know you'll just keep going anyway.

I wasn't even talking to you or Arklove, I just made that comment on barbee when she said he was sincerely regretted how he made fun of Michael. Don't give yourself that much importance.

here's the thing guys. Someone says something negative about RW....and she is not even the FIRST PERSON IN THE THREAD to say something negative about RW. Someone else comes along and quotes this post saying all kinds of insults at that person for their opinion, and claiming things she NEVER said. Then of course the original poster has to come back and defend herself for an opinion she shouldnt have to defend if everyone was respecting everyone. Then everyone hops on the bandwagon calling people cruel, insensitive, and disrespectful when no one read the original start of the whole argument. So of course said argument gets more heated and more insults are being thrown around because one person is attacked.

I STILL think it is unfair that people should be called cruel and insensitive for saying a fact - that RW was cruel, an asshole, a bully and insensitive to MJ. Its a fact! And plenty of people before Snow said the exact same thing and no one had a problem. NO ONE said anything disrespectful in the wake of RW's death in this thread. NEGATIVE does not = disrespectful. Saying they do not LIKE this person does not = disrespectful.

bashing head against wall.....................

I'll leave you to it.....

Why in the world would you want to discuss this in a thread that is made to mourn him?

It's akin to crashing his funeral.

Come on now.

DISRESPECTFUL because this isn't the time nor place.

There's a thread to discuss him in the way you want to, that would be more appropriate for you.

When someone remembers a person's life in the context of this being an MJ board, why does it always have to be singing praises? Why is that required? Why cant people just take the opinion for what it is and leave it alone? This thread would not have been hijacked if that was practiced. It would be different if this was a RW board. Then I can understand the no negativity policy. Especially when I see about the same level of comments, if not more, directed at MJ's own family and they are alive. So why cant that same right be carried out here without people being pounced on?

Again, if Nancy grace or Diane Diamond dies tomorrow, will all of you REFRAIN from mentioning the many terrible things they said about MJ ? Or will there be a "nothing but praise for Nancy/Diane thread and everyone who has something negative to say get out" campaign?

Last edited:
When someone remembers a person's life in the context of this being an MJ board, why does it always have to be singing praises? Why is that required? Why cant people just take the opinion for what it is and leave it alone? This thread would not have been hijacked if that was practiced. It would be different if this was a RW board. Then I can understand the no negativity policy. Especially when I see about the same level of comments, if not more, directed at MJ's own family and they are alive. So why cant that same right be carried out here without people being pounced on?

Again, if Nancy grace or Diane Diamond dies tomorrow, will all of you REFRAIN from mentioning the many terrible things they said about MJ ? Or will there be a "nothing but praise for Nancy/Diane thread and everyone who has something negative to say get out" campaign?

I am not going to bother responding because I erased my post after you got to it.

I don't want to be a part of derailing this thread.

Thank you so much J5master for making sense into this whole madness caused by shoving off opinions, not respecting people won't agree with them all the time and not reading what it was actually said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back