Schmuley's Book A Good Read

Re: Shumely's Book A Good Read

I didn't buy his book...I read The Fans version :lol:

Also Last night I was at Wal-Mart looking for a calender in the book section and saw three books by/about/etc. Michael. Moonwalker That 'Unmasked' book and the Rabbis I took the Rabbis book and hide them in the back and most of the 'unmasked' and what was left of Moonwalker.. I put in the front... :lol: I hope I helped people to get the True thing about Michael. Here's an after Picture from my cell..
IMG00237.jpg

All the Moonwalker books are stacked behind there, once you grab the first you'll come to a second Moonwalker,and so on... you have to go to the back to find rabbis. I wish I had more time to move the unmasked. ;)

Good work i do this every time i go into a bookstore, sometimes i take a few unmasked and hide them in other parts of the shop like behind gardening books or fishing books.

I havent read this thread because is late, but to me The Michael Jackson Tapes is a very good book. I love it. I do.

I just read the last page soem comments and i will say in a moment Michael says quite conservative, "look out how many gays there are", quite critical, but i mean he was an adult who grow up in the showbusiness, where is full of gay people, he just knew there are many of them, it would be stupid of him to try to say "no, you cant be gay, i hate gays" and he didnt hate them cause Arnie Klein, yeah that sick aaweful doctor is gay, openly gay.

Folks,

I haven't read Shumely's book but if you are interested in a book that focuses on Michael Jackson's WORK, check out the new book, "KEEP MOVING: The Michael Jackson Chronicles".

The book is a collection of essays on Michael Jackson by critic Armond White. The essays were written over the course of the last 25 years.

If you'd like more information, google the title or, go to the blog:

http://www.resistanceworks.blogspot.com
THANKS ;D

I read the entire book because I wanted to form my own opinion. Although Shmuley does make good points at times, I feel also that he is much too judgmental towards Michael. It even seems he is pushing too much on him. Michael was born to perform. That's all he's ever known. So Shmuley gets upset with him because he returns to what he does best...performing. And so he claims that's why he cut MJ out of his life. I know it's being said that it's the other way around - that MJ cut Shmuley off but even if it were true how could Shmuley abandon him if he were a true friend? Real friends stick by you through thick and thin, through good times and bad. So this is a big question mark for me, either way.

I agree, Michael's own words here are precious and help to better understand his frame of mind at the time.

I love how he said he would rather push Elizabeth Taylor in a wheelchair than go clubbing because that's not a party to him. HA! I get that.

And I always knew Michael was shy but I never knew he was so shy that he couldn't ask girls out - they had to ask him. Very interesting. How cute that he asked Shmuley to ask Katie Couric out for coffee for him because he was too shy to ask himself.
Michael keeps confusing me, he asked Lisa out, and for what I read he was not shy AT ALL, AT ALL.

Some of the things he said about women was upsetting.

Don't you think he generalises too much?

But maybe it's just that he never got to really see women for who they are since women go in hyper-omg-sexual mode when they see MJ.
but its true, and what if those women were (sorry to say this, but they were ugly....this is mte asking) but i do know Cindy Crowford is not ugly.... Michael says Cindy almost offers to him, and he hated that, may be he was just imagining a bet...

then Michael seems or says he is too shy but seems at the same time to be saying in his mind "Oh women love me, cause im soooo good lookin" he says women would directly said to him that they wanted to you know....was he shy or wasnt he? He invited Lisa, he made her divorce!!!!!!!!! not on purpose, but i mean... i would never undertand him....why was he so confusing.
Then he says Madonna was according to him "in love", and then he says that Lisa almost begged him to come back, see, he wasnt shy to me, he is confusing and he believes all women loves him, its so ovbious

Last edited:
Re: Shumely's Book A Good Read

CLOSE THIS THREAD. I am shocked that someone wrote a thread on Shumely. I did not read the threads. Shumely is a traitor. On the MJ official website we received warnings several months ago about why we should not buy the book. The book was downloaded so that those who wanted to, could look at it without giving money to this traitor. Messages were sent to fans around the world, so I was surprised when in 2010 someone puts it in this forum. This thread should be closed like the one from the author of "unmasked". Both share similar hatreds against Michael that are sometimes MASKED. What spiritual advisor spills all your inner thoughts to the world? You hear tape recordings of Michael voice, but how come you do not hear tape recordings of Michael saying "Shumely, print everything I say when I die." Why has this thread been allowed to go to 8 pages? PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. IT SHOULD NOT BE IN THE FORUM. LET'S COME TOGETHER TO CLOSE THIS THREAD.

My mum ordered it for me today.. :/ I might send it back if possible.

THANKS ;D

Michael keeps confusing me, he asked Lisa out, and for what I read he was not shy AT ALL, AT ALL.

but its true, and what if those women were (sorry to say this, but they were ugly....this is mte asking) but i do know Cindy Crowford is not ugly.... Michael says Cindy almost offers to him, and he hated that, may be he was just imagining a bet...

then Michael seems or says he is too shy but seems at the same time to be saying in his mind "Oh women love me, cause im soooo good lookin" he says women would directly said to him that they wanted to you know....was he shy or wasnt he? He invited Lisa, he made her divorce!!!!!!!!! not on purpose, but i mean... i would never undertand him....why was he so confusing.
Then he says Madonna was according to him "in love", and then he says that Lisa almost begged him to come back, see, he wasnt shy to me, he is confusing and he believes all women loves him, its so ovbious

I think when he was talking about women getting attached, I think he meant to his fame and status. And not to HIM, not to Michael, his souls, principles, beliefs etc.

So I think he knew/thought women "loved" (wanted) him because he's MR-MICHAEL-FREAKING-JACKSON and not actually loved him because they saw him as a normal guy who they adored.

Ya know?

I watched the interview on dateline, thought it was pretty good, in a way it gives us an insight to his personality

I think when he was talking about women getting attached, I think he meant to his fame and status. And not to HIM, not to Michael, his souls, principles, beliefs etc.

So I think he knew/thought women "loved" (wanted) him because he's MR-MICHAEL-FREAKING-JACKSON and not actually loved him because they saw him as a normal guy who they adored.

ya know?

yeah, i think you are right... in fact.

little re-fresh-up for this tread:)
I have this book for some time, since it was a gift for me. I share you opinions about Shmuley.
I've read it some time ago in just one evening, now I had little time and wanted to re-read it and there's one thing that maybe you could help me.
In chapter about fears, Michael is supposed to have said:
I don't like big, mean, tall guys that are like aggressive. And that's what turned me off about you know who. That hurt me when he asked me. I didn't like it at all. How could a human being have that in him to be that harsh? If that's how he felt, keep it to himself, you don't say it.
Who is he referring to?

little re-fresh-up for this tread:)
I have this book for some time, since it was a gift for me. I share you opinions about Shmuley.
I've read it some time ago in just one evening, now I had little time and wanted to re-read it and there's one thing that maybe you could help me.
In chapter about fears, Michael is supposed to have said:

Who is he referring to?

I re-read that part and I really don't know who he is referring to. I would like to know also. Maybe you can email Shmuley and he will respond...if you don't mind communicating with him that is (some fans might).

Back