Schmuley's Book A Good Read

Re: Shumely's Book A Good Read

The problem with Smuely is the TIMING. He look like he is trying to cash in and that is what pissing people off. HIm and Tom Joyner got into it.

Tom Joyner taking up for Michael?? now that is a shock...

Shumely is cashing in on Michael ...just like spoon bender, bashir, Deepak and all the gang........................plain and simple...

any person that steals from Michael and his charity can't be trusted,...

i hate to admit it but i did buy the book, only because it had stuff from actual tapes of Michael speaking.

i'm going to write to "Shmucky" and ask him why he doesn't care about Michael's children. you know they'll read this book in the future. and the part where "Shmucky" says the first thing he thought when Michael passed was, "Michael, you stupid stupid man....how could you orphan your children?" !!! and something about "he lost the will to live." it makes it sound like Michael "chose" to leave. :mat: :ermm:

he didn't think one bit about Michael's children reading this some day, just thought about shocking statements to sell his book :doh:

Tom Joyner taking up for Michael?? now that is a shock...

Shumely is cashing in on Michael ...just like spoon bender, bashir, Deepak and all the gang........................plain and simple...

any person that steals from Michael and his charity can't be trusted,...

Tom Joyner has always been a supporter of Michael. He was the announcer for the Victory Tour and he got an all access interview with him for Johnson Publications:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mExMI0PclY

He gave You Rock My World and Butterflys a lot of play on his show. He also was planning to go to London.

Tom was a big fan. He might have told some jokes on his shows but I never heard anything that was real bad.

i hate to admit it but i did buy the book, only because it had stuff from actual tapes of Michael speaking.

i'm going to write to "Shmucky" and ask him why he doesn't care about Michael's children. you know they'll read this book in the future. and the part where "Shmucky" says the first thing he thought when Michael passed was, "Michael, you stupid stupid man....how could you orphan your children?" !!! and something about "he lost the will to live." it makes it sound like Michael "chose" to leave. :mat: :ermm:

he didn't think one bit about Michael's children reading this some day, just thought about shocking statements to sell his book :doh:

Oh well... you supported him by buying the book... so you pissed yourself off on purpose. No sympathy here, (for you) sorry -- no offense. And that goes for any other MJ "fan" who goes out and buys this trash. What did/do you expect? :smilerolleyes:

I just hope someone will scan it and we'll be able to download it without buying. It makes me sick just thinking about having a book with Schmuley's name on it on my bookshelf.

Someone already did that. I found it on the KOP board.

Someone already did that. I found it on the KOP board.

Can you give us the link please?
I really dont wanna buy this book, nor support this "Rabbi" (and Im Jewish, yeah)
I heard he stole money from their foundation "heal the kids".. and that was the reason their friendship didnt last.
I just wonder if it's true.

Is there any way to get it out to the public that this person stole from the Heal the World Foundation, or would that just cause the book to sell faster???

OOPs my bad This is a FAN version- the garbage has been removed

ok thanx all..
are the comments shmueli wrote really bad? :(

What a morron. I wonder if he is giving the prosecution any ammunition? Michael never deserved this. I guess any thing for money.

Folks,

I haven't read Shumely's book but if you are interested in a book that focuses on Michael Jackson's WORK, check out the new book, "KEEP MOVING: The Michael Jackson Chronicles".

The book is a collection of essays on Michael Jackson by critic Armond White. The essays were written over the course of the last 25 years.

If you'd like more information, google the title or, go to the blog:

http://www.resistanceworks.blogspot.com

I'm glad someone posted Michael's comments without Shmuley's remarks.
I will not be buying this book and giving my money to this man.

I´m sure I said things 10 years ago that I don´t agree with today.I think it was the same with Michael.You will always be educated from the school of life and you are never to old to change your mind.
In this case I prefer to give my money to gorillas in congo, they need help.

Re: Shumely's Book A Good Read? Are U Kidding Me?

I picked it up yesterday. At first I was planning to just sit in Barnes & Noble and read the whole thing. But there was so much new information in it that I wanted to buy it. Shumely says it was MJ's wish to have the book published, to bear his soul and have the public see him in a new light. Shumley also said the book was published because mJ's death would be even more of a tragedy if no lesson was learned from it. I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with Shumely, but the book is written very fairly, and while he states his opinions from time to time, it is without malicious intent. I believe he cared deeply for Michael and tried hard to help him. Also, most of the book are direct quotes from Michael. So it's pretty good.

This man was no friend of Michael Jackson whatsoever. Shmuley was one of many people that Michael had befriended and trusted as a spiritual advisor. Nearly all of them had betrayed him. Remember this is the guy that stole money from a charity for kids by falsely using MJs name. Remember Heal The Kids? Michael had disassociated himself from that charity years ago. After the dear rabbi stole money, MJ severed all ties with Shmuley. True they did work on this book at first. What MJ should have done was to tie up the loose ends and have this contract dissolved. The dear Rabbi also never supported Michael during his accusations and subsequent trial during the 2003-2005 period. He also went as far as to say that MJ was probably guilty of molesting children. Which was completely false! No true MJ fan would give money to people like this. Not Ian Halperin, not J. Randy Taraborelli, not Stacy Brown or many others that have sought to destroy his name and reputation.

I read the fan version of this 'book'. Michaels words are really precious, especially the parts that are not about his private life. I loved reading his explanation about why he's afraid of dogs, because I always wondered why that is so and I never read it before. I love dogs and Michael not liking any kind of animal just never fit for me... now I understand him and I can even agree to a certain degree.

But just by reading the questions by Shmuley and his immediate reactions to Michaels answers I seriously don't like the guy. He's not genuine and you can feel it. It's so sad Michael didn't notice that earlier.... And again the guy baited Michael with what is most important to him. For me that is the worst kind of deception!

I read the entire book because I wanted to form my own opinion. Although Shmuley does make good points at times, I feel also that he is much too judgmental towards Michael. It even seems he is pushing too much on him. Michael was born to perform. That's all he's ever known. So Shmuley gets upset with him because he returns to what he does best...performing. And so he claims that's why he cut MJ out of his life. I know it's being said that it's the other way around - that MJ cut Shmuley off but even if it were true how could Shmuley abandon him if he were a true friend? Real friends stick by you through thick and thin, through good times and bad. So this is a big question mark for me, either way.

I agree, Michael's own words here are precious and help to better understand his frame of mind at the time.

I love how he said he would rather push Elizabeth Taylor in a wheelchair than go clubbing because that's not a party to him. HA! I get that.

And I always knew Michael was shy but I never knew he was so shy that he couldn't ask girls out - they had to ask him. Very interesting. How cute that he asked Shmuley to ask Katie Couric out for coffee for him because he was too shy to ask himself.

I have finally read this book (read, not bought), and Boteach did the exact same thing to Michael as Bashir did. Actually, anyone who reads this will have a poor impression of him, not Michael. He comes off as arrogant, egotistical, and judgmental. It's obvious that he was never a friend to Michael, he just wanted to "fix" him. He had preconceived ideas about Michael and everything he said or did. He was so closed minded he never really got it or understood Michael. The transcripts themselves, Michael's own words - there is nothing bad there and so much that is beautiful and sometimes heartbreaking, though Boteach did twist and misunderstand so much. His commentary is ridiculous, as were his assumptions. Although he did say many good things about Michael, he stated many inaccurate things as fact as well - and those, of course, were all bad. Basically, it broke my heart that Michael was so loving and willing to be open to someone he thought of and treated as a friend but who never really understood him at all or even cared to.

I would never read this garbage. Its just another book full of lies, money making scheme. :no:

I have the book but the fan version! they took his words out so it's Michael's! I enjoy reading it..it'l like a therapy for me..every night..it makes me cry sometimes so hard..:cry:

I've sort-of read this book, I read just what Michael had said online a while ago, but decided to buy the book off eBay.
To be honest I didn't intend on reading anything which Shumely had to say as i'd heard it's a load of rubbish, but I wanted to know why he and Michael ended up not speaking or whatever so i've read a bit of what he said at the start of the book before the actual conversations and I don't know why I bothered, to me it seems as if he's just bitter about the fact Michael wasn't best friends with him or something, and the little comments he wrote after what Michael has said are ridiculous!

My personal opinion about the book is that is a terrible and self-serving book. That Rabbi is just another 'holier than though' person who decided to make Michael the poster child for everything that is wrong in the world. He purposely twist his words and bend them to suit his own needs. Like someone here said, he was trying to 'fix' Michael and make him spoke person for his own ideals. When Michael didn't bend to his will, he slam Michael at every corner. His disgusting comments during the trail is proof enough. He even said that Michael should take a plea bargain and admit to being a pedo. Some friend.

On another personal note, I will never read the book, not even the fan version. To me, that book is a complete invasion of privacy. I only had to hear the tapes of Joe's abuse to know that Michael never wanted the world to hear any of this, despite the good Rabbi's words. It is like reading someone's dairy with detail all there most personal thoughts and fear. Something like that is sacred and I respect Michael way too much to read his private words.

I know some fans would enjoy it because they fell closer to Michael, but to me that book is just plain wrong on so many levels.

My personal opinion about the book is that is a terrible and self-serving book. That Rabbi is just another 'holier than though' person who decided to make Michael the poster child for everything that is wrong in the world. He purposely twist his words and bend them to suit his own needs. Like someone here said, he was trying to 'fix' Michael and make him spoke person for his own ideals. When Michael didn't bend to his will, he slam Michael at every corner. His disgusting comments during the trail is proof enough. He even said that Michael should take a plea bargain and admit to being a pedo. Some friend.

On another personal note, I will never read the book, not even the fan version. To me, that book is a complete invasion of privacy. I only had to hear the tapes of Joe's abuse to know that Michael never wanted the world to hear any of this, despite the good Rabbi's words. It is like reading someone's dairy with detail all there most personal thoughts and fear. Something like that is sacred and I respect Michael way too much to read his private words.

I know some fans would enjoy it because they fell closer to Michael, but to me that book is just plain wrong on so many levels.

I can totally understand what you mean, but weren't the tapes recorded with Michael's permission to be used for a book some day?

I can totally understand what you mean, but weren't the tapes recorded with Michael's permission to be used for a book some day?

We only have the Rabbi's word on that. He showed no paperwork or contract to show that he even had Michael's permission. The only ones who know is Michael and the Rabbi. I highly doubt he is telling the truth about that audio.

Michael recorded everything, but that doesn't mean he wanted to share it with the world. Like those home movies of his children that were leaked. That was for his private viewing, not splatter all over the news.

Even if a book was to be made from those tapes, Michael is no longer alive to edit it. We only have the Rabbi who was nothing of a friend to Michael. Rabbi knows what he is doing would had gotten him sued since he waited until Michael was dead to show these tapes.

Although Michael himself said nothing really new, he went into far more detail than what he even did with Bashir. Which is why I doubted he ever wanted them release. Specially about the abuse Joe gave him and even his comments about Madonna, since Michael was very careful about talking about other people. Especially, fellow artists.

So to to me, that book and those tapes are a complete invasion of privacy. When I die, I wouldn't want people putting my private messages for the world to see and I think Michael would feel the same way.

We only have the Rabbi's word on that. He showed no paperwork or contract to show that he even had Michael's permission. The only ones who know is Michael and the Rabbi. I highly doubt he is telling the truth about that audio.

Michael recorded everything, but that doesn't mean he wanted to share it with the world. Like those home movies of his children that were leaked. That was for his private viewing, not splatter all over the news.

Even if a book was to be made from those tapes, Michael is no longer alive to edit it. We only have the Rabbi who was nothing of a friend to Michael. Rabbi knows what he is doing would had gotten him sued since he waited until Michael was dead to show these tapes.

Although Michael himself said nothing really new, he went into far more detail than what he even did with Bashir. Which is why I doubted he ever wanted them release. Specially about the abuse Joe gave him and even his comments about Madonna, since Michael was very careful about talking about other people. Especially, fellow artists.

So to to me, that book and those tapes are a complete invasion of privacy. When I die, I wouldn't want people putting my private messages for the world to see and I think Michael would feel the same way.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

You have stolen my thoughts about this: I totally and fully agree with you. I respect the fans who have decided reading the fan version, but for me it's hard to accept the "whole" version as a valid source of MJ information. I admit I have also felt tempted to read that fan version, but agggg.... I feel bad about that idea, like if I were invading Michael's privacy.

It is simply so revoltingly obvious this man is cashing on Michael Jackson. Who says MJ wanted this published? Shumely. No one else. Knowing Michael the way we do (and at the extend we do), why would we believe he would like this to be publish this way? And he does this just after MJ is gone. Had this been authorized by Michael, the Estate would have been involved, wouldn't it?

I keep a diary and I would simply hate it if anyone would ever read it. Not to mention publishing it!!! I mean... just think of it: your private thoughts, shared with a close friend you trusted, used by your "friend" to get money out of you once you are unable to avoid it.

I just don't get the nerve of this man. What a greedy mean little guy.

Back