Slave To The Rhythm (Timbaland 2014) Stream

Who would not want to dance to this in a club? Who? WHO? I ask. LOL

After the disappointment of APWNN we are back to awesome.

Gosh, I love this song!

The pretty intro actually had me wanting to tear up and the actual song hadn't even kicked in yet...lovely music can do that. But I can't figure out if during the intro I am hearing glass breaking quietly, or someone taking a chain back and forth in their hands like a slinky...hmmm, unsure. lol. Nice touch, though.

Timbaland does good work...very interesting production. I'll enjoy listening even more closely in subsequent hearings.

And whose vocals today come even close to what MJ is doing in this song vocally. Man!

I'll just end with once again, I just love this song, so much! :clapping:

This is definitely the club banger of the album. Should have been the single.

It will be a next sing. YEA
Where are the strings Timbaland?

Now I'm starting to wish Timbaland would have done his magic to Another Day. I think he would have been able to keep in the original passion level that was so amazing.

OMG .. I HATE THIS. The album is ruined! #Xscapeisruined!!! #Damnyoutimbaland .. how could they do this .. why didn't they just release Turkey Stewarts version>???

.. J/K. LOVE IT! Xscape so far = 100% gold for me.

STTR has always been such a personal favorite of mine but I didn't think I'd end up enjoying this new version so well! I'm thrilled!

qbee, you were so lucky to have heard this at the listening party. Is this the song everyone couldn't sit still with? Did everyone jump up and dance to it?

Holding off for 10 minutes so I can keep the first listen for insanely loud in the car. :D

I actually like it echoing out with baby, baby, baby, baby. :)

Timbaland... y u no produce whole album? I think MJ's best stuff is when it's produced by mainly one producer, gives the music a more consistent sound. This is a really good production, alot better than the one that leaked

Timbaland... y u no produce whole album? I think MJ's best stuff is when it's produced by mainly one producer, gives the music a more consistent sound. This is a really good production, alot better than the one that leaked

I hope that he and Pharell Williams will get on board for future projects. They are simply the best producers out there!

Fantastic! Very cinematic intro. The rest is pretty much what we 've already heard from the xperia commercials. A little questionmark regarding the harmonies "dressing" the 1st bridge/rush and generally the fact that the song didn't differentiate at the 2 bridges ("She works..." and "She danced..."). Michael made a "journey" with his vocals to a peak (climax) but the instrumental didn't follow that.

Overall great great great! What an album we 're getting :D

I think I agree that I would have liked some more layers towards the end...it picks up nicely but then never really seems to go anywhere after that. To be honest I always found Slave To The Rhythm (the leaked version, anyway) to be a rather weak song (not criticising Mike's delivery of it, which is spot on!), and I think this new mix just confirms that for me. I do think Timbaland has done a good job (the bass is amazing), but I just don't feel the song itself is remarkable.

This is the only track so far where I like Timbaland's production. Nice track, the build-up at the beginning is great. Though this sounds far more "video-gamey" than APWNN (some people criticized it because of that). I love me some good ol' 8-bit music myself so it doesn't bother me at all. :)
Like others have said, it doesn't really "go anywhere" in the end though, too bad.

Still... good song!

My only problem with it: it's too short. I'm going to have to play it on repeat!

I hope that he and Pharell Williams will get on board for future projects. They are simply the best producers out there!

I would love to see Pharrell produce a track of Michael's! Especially, knowing that JT's first few hits, Pharrell had wanted Michael to do those songs. (Like I Love You, Senorita, Rock Your Body)

Oooh this is great too. The opening is fantastic... this is easily the most club-friendly song of the album so far!

Never liked the timbaland mix of slave anyways bring on the original versions already

I don't know if they plan a video for LNFSG, but I think Slave needs one! It has a story, so that story can be depicted in the video very well and in ways that are interesting to the general public.

Back