Some fans of Cyndi Lauper?

Davidejam

Proud Member
I love for a long time the wonderful Cyndi Lauper knowing all of her discography! Does someone follow this extraordinary singer? Who has listened already to the new album?

This is old, but awesome-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ywRiJWYl_U

I haven't followed her career or anything, but I like and respect CL. Her voice is perhaps abrasive to some, but one can't deny she's got talent. She does many styles and genres, perhaps like Linda Ronstadt. There's much more to CL than Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

There's a performance of her with Cher at YT that's awesome as well; I'll look for it later.

I've heard 2 of the tracks from her new album; The album is dance stuff. I liked them, one more than the other. One of them is just a tad techno to my taste, but her vocals are solid, and the songs are pretty good, if I remember correctly.

I was thinking of starting a thread about her not that long ago, but forgot; now I don't have to, so thanks! :)

CL is fun, and I like her nuttiness, like at the Grammys. She seems to have a 'real' personality too.

LJ mentioned her in the B52s thread.

Cyndi Lauper is awesome ^_^ I love her accent :D

She's currently on tour around the states it's the True Colours Tour and she's going around with B52s (Love Shack baby, the Love shack) and a host of other AWESOME artists including:
Joan Armatrading
Tegan and Sarah
Deborah Cox
Nona Hendryx.
Also stand up from Kate Clinton, Rosie O'Donnell and Wanda Sykes ^_^

The tour is for the TRUE COLORS FUND OF STONEWALL COMMUNITY FOUNDATION Basically it's about raising awareness for the GLBT community and for equality :kickass2:

All about the tour here: http://truecolorstour.com/

tcclogo.jpg

Oh and as for Cyndi Lauper her website is freaking awesome! Check it out: http://www.cyndilauper.com/index.php

Oh and another thing her new album has a number one on the dance charts for the club mix of "Same Ol' Fucking Story" on the deluxe edition of her new album Bring Ya To The Brink.

My all time fav songs for Cyndi Lauper are:

1. She Bop
  2. I drove all night
  3. True Colours
  4. Money Changes Everything
  5. Time After Time
  6. Girls just wanna have fun
  7. Hat full of stars
  8. Who let in the rain

thanks for the video eightnote :flowers: I love Cyndi Lauper. She has such a unique voice. I had no idea she had a new album out though
You're welcome; glad you enjoyed it WgAD. :) It's called The World Is Stone, written in 1992 by Tim Rice, Michel Berger, and Luc Plamondon. It was quoted that Tim Rice and Luc Plamondon would only work on the song if Lauper would record it. It wasn't released in the US until later on a compilation CD. Shame really; it's a great song, and I think she does a great job with it.

Here's my fav track from the new album; Set Your Heart. Not a big fan of techno (not against it either though lol) but this is funky and I like the brass. Fun song. Git up 'n' boogie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUkHJetzH98

Oh, and who can forget her memorable performance in We Are The World?

Last edited:
I love Cyndi Lauper. I've been a fan of hers since I was 7 years old in 1983 (right around the same time I became a fan of Michael). I love Cyndi's new album. She is amazing to me.

michaelsson :eek:

"Girl's Just wanna have fun" :D

omg and I forgot to list Goonies are Good enough as a fav song!!!!

If you've seen the awesome film from the 80's The Goonies Cyndi Lauper's song comes on when the kids are all out and on the run you can see her on the tellie as Mikey's older brother tries to get out of the chair he getstied into :rofl:

Such an awesome flick ^_^

Oi!

who bumped Cyndi to page two with a row of spam? :eek:

*bumps Cyndi back up*

I got her CD Bring Ya to the brink :wild:

I love the following songs from the album :D

Into the night life
Rocking chair
Echo
Lyfe
same ol fuckin story
raging storm
set your heart

:wub:

Cool Cyndie Lauper! I was a big fan from her..."true coulers" i love this song!

Watch Cyndi perform at the DNC Convention in Denver!
July 23rd, 2008
rocktowin.gif
Cyndi Lauper and the Human Rights Campaign are returning to Denver during the Democratic National Convention this August. Join us for an evening to celebrate gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality with Rock To Win on August 26, 2008 at the Fillmore Auditorium. The line-up will feature a special performance by Cyndi along with performances by Melissa Etheridge and Rufus Wainwright. Other special guests will be announced in the days to come.

This is sure to be one of the hottest tickets in town, so get your tickets today!

SEATING PURCHASE LINK General Admission Ticketmaster.com VIP tickets & VIP Boxes with open bar & reception access BoxOfficeTickets.com

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Cyndi Lauper. She has a unique voice and style. She also has a big heart and does alot for gays and lesbians rights. The new album is good. I've heard she has a 3-4 octave range which is impressive.

Muhammad Ali, Hulk Hogan, Cindi Lauper, Liberace, Wendy Ritcher

tumblr_o88c82AgeT1rw606ko1_r6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o88c82AgeT1rw606ko1_r7_540.jpg

Back