Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

Re: Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary

Can not wait to see it when it come on Tv if it come on Tv.

Tv. Blu ray. Dvd. I want to see it premiere! I wish i didnt understand why he has to (i said it right) i would rather it be a tv event like bad 25 for new years or something & then look how long it was before we got the 2hr release with no bonus features or anything...i wonder how long this will be

I was very disappointed that there were no bonus features on Bad 25 and hope he rectifies that one day.
He said in interviews that he had lots of extra material.

I wrote in his Facebook page that the DVD is no longer available. Hope he can do something about that too.

I was very disappointed that there were no bonus features on Bad 25 and hope he rectifies that one day.
He said in interviews that he had lots of extra material.

I wrote in his Facebook page that the DVD is no longer available. Hope he can do something about that too.
Agree about everything! I've tried to order Bad25 on blu ray and DVD sooo many times now but it's no longer available. And yes, pack the DVD with tons of extras for the fans.

Agree about everything! I've tried to order Bad25 on blu ray and DVD sooo many times now but it's no longer available. And yes, pack the DVD with tons of extras for the fans.
Ive never seen or heard of that. I can't even find the details online about it

Ive never seen or heard of that. I can't even find the details online about it
It was for sale on michaeljackson.com only but when they revamped the store and reopened, it was no longer there. :(

It was for sale on michaeljackson.com only but when they revamped the store and reopened, it was no longer there. :(
The tons of extras on the dvd is what im tlkn abt

The tons of extras on the dvd is what im tlkn abt
I see. I didn't save them, but in a couple of interviews at the time Spike said he had another couple of hours of material so there would be lots of extras.
But when it came out, it didn't have them. The only reason I held off buying it was bc I was waiting for a "deluxe version" with those supposed extras.

Triumph Tour, every single song, every single lyric, every single note was absolutely 100% live

Bringing Brighter Days;4125769 said:
Triumph Tour, every single song, every single lyric, every single note was absolutely 100% live
And that's just one of the reasons we desperately want it released.

Paris78;4125694 said:
Joy Reid ‏@JoyAnnReid 25. Dec.

Here's a great review of "Off the Wall" by @kenpartridge on the occasion of the album's 35th birthday: http://www.billboard.com/articles/r...ons-off-the-wall-at-35-classic-track-by-track …

Some of this review was beautifully written and captured the magic of the album; but I could do without the digs and speculation of Michael's personal life.

Read that article and wasn't impressed with the cheap shots either. Think I'll just give Billboard a pass from now on. Anyway I'm looking forward to the documentary and Triumph tour would be great.

I want to see a trailer or something!

Lee is not blameworthy because of the absence of extras on the Bad25 DVD that can only be purchased currently in the MJ One store. The Estate/Sony has promoted the DVD as the director’s cut which included an extra hour of film not shown on U.S. television as per their FB page. The extra hour is promoted as extras.

The director's cut of the BAD25 documentary includes an additional hour of material that was not included in the edited television version broadcast in the US and most other markets around the world.
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljackson/videos/10151704105326473/

Tygger;4126108 said:
Lee is not blameworthy because of the absence of extras on the Bad25 DVD that can only be purchased currently in the MJ One store. The Estate/Sony has promoted the DVD as the director’s cut which included an extra hour of film not shown on U.S. television as per their FB page. The extra hour is promoted as extras.
I realize that the full film is being promoted this way; however, at the film festival interviews, Spike said there was a couple of hours left on the cutting room floor.
When he promised extras, he was presenting the full film, not the cut up version ABC put on.
It is possible that Sony didn't want to spend much money on the DVD based on the poor numbers of the ABC special, but they couldn't expected better on Thanksgiving night when half of America is out lining up for Black Friday and the other half is watching the big football game.

I don't even care anymore. Just sell the DVD at a place I can buy it online.

I really hope they will make it easier to buy this documentary than BAD25.

Why not put all MJ videos documentaries, concerts etc. on Netflix - people has to see it - explore the magic.

Barbee0715, Lee does not have the control to decide the extras made available to the public. It was not his decision for the extra hour not seen in the U.S. television release to be considered extra on the DVD. That was Estate/Sony's decision.

Yeah, I remember back when we were led to believe Spikes tweet about extras was about bonus features on DVD, but he meant full 2 hour film (as opposed to the edited ABC version).

While I can understand not being allowed to have more MJ material on the dvd, he certainly could have had extended interviews with people on there.

I could listen to Sideah Garrett all day. Good story teller.

I believe Lee meant what he said; he had extra footage beyond the original two hour version. However; he could not include that footage as extras as he does not have the authority to do so. It was not his decision. That was the decision of Estate/Sony.

. I agree with that. I could listen to her all day, but there were quite a few colleagues I would have been happy to listen to.

I believe Lee meant what he said; he had extra footage beyond the original two hour version. However; he could not include that footage as extras as he does not have the authority to do so. It was not his decision. That was the decision of Estate/Sony.
I agree that's what happened. Directors usually have very limited authority/say over recording/movie studios.

Edit. Wrong thread.

Waiting patiently for the first review.... ?

The MJ Cast hinted that she'll be a guest on their 2nd season when it starts up again in a few months :cheers:

Wish we had a trailer or something

Back