Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary /DVD/ TV / Theater Release [Discussion]

I'll ask the online team and we'll see what they say

Yes ^^ let's get some information before we make any more predictions or speculations.

I don't think they canceled it though.

This is on my February list of MJ things I have to buy :p

I'll ask the online team and we'll see what they say

unfortunately it wasn't much of a help, they don't have information and they will let us know when they do.

^^good enough, so maybe Spike might know something? Who is selling this product--Sony?

^^good enough, so maybe Spike might know something? Who is selling this product--Sony?

It`s a release from Sony and Estate. So the Estate-Online-team must get information about this.

unfortunately it wasn't much of a help, they don't have information and they will let us know when they do.

Thanks for checking, ivy....I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

It`s a release from Sony and Estate. So the Estate-Online-team must get information about this.
OK thanks.

I wonder if there will be any advertisement since BAD 25 may have lost potential buyers due to a lack of knowledge about the product?

Can't wait for this to be released!!

I want this doc on Blu-Ray with A LOT of extra material!!

I hope we hear something soon. I thought we would hear something by now being that it is January 21, 2013. Thank you for checking Ivy.

I'm looong overdue for my next MJ purchase!!!! haha, its almost unacceptable to not be able spend more money on mj-related things for so long :p

Michael Jackson's documentary 'Bad 25' premiers on 26 Jan

RnM Team 23 Jan 13 17:18 IST

MUMBAI: A documentary on the king of pop Michael Jackson’s iconic album ‘Bad’ will premiere on History channel on 26 January.

The 120 minute film will analyze the genesis of the album, which has sold over 40 million copies since its release in 1987.

This documentary reflects on Jackson’s influence on pop culture, visibly brought out through a series of interviews of artists like Kanye West, Chris Brown, and Mariah Carey.

The documentary will also include never-seen-before- footage of the singer and some of his most intimate studio sessions.

“A delight for any MJ enthusiast, the 120 minute film chronicles some of the biggest milestones in MJ’s life – right from the making of Bad and other such iconic films, to his first solo world tour. MJ Bad is a comprehensive study of Jackson's life and what goes in the making of blockbuster hits. The film strings together exclusive excerpts from Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson, which was used as a resource for Bad 25,” the channel said.

A hugely anticipated follow up to his hit album ‘Thriller’ (1982), Jackson did not disappoint fans with Bad (Epic Records). It topped the charts worldwide including the US Billboard. Its grand cinema and broadway inspired videos like the title track, ‘Dirty Diana’ and ‘The Way You Make me Feel’ also got heavy rotation on radio and MTV.

Michael Jackson: Bad 25 – the documentary premieres 26 January at 8:30pm.
http://www.radioandmusic.com/conten...l-jacksons-documentary-bad-25-premiers-26-jan

Hope it is released soon on Blu-Ray with LOTS and LOTS of extra material and studio footage!!

Maybe this is another waiting period to build up anticipation.

what failed projects?

I really need to hear a release date for this! I didn't see it because I was waiting for the DVD

I just read a post from a Fan on The Justice4MJ group page on FB that they emailed 4Oacres about the Feb Released date and they replied back to her that it's been pushed back. The reply gave no reasons why either.

Hopefully, someone else can confirm this and if it's true this sucks BIG TIME!

bluetopez, don't be upset about if they pushed back the release date.
There could be a good reason for that - they might be adding more extras:)

I am thinking maybe some countries are still waiting to see the documentary and then it will be released. Sometimes things get pushed back for some reason.

If it gets pushed back, hopefully it's not that much longer.. Cuz I've been holding onto a $25 Best Buy gift card I got for Xmas specifically for this bluray...

It's burning a hole in my pocket!

^^^ :D you should tweet that to Spike:clapping:

Hope it is released soon on Blu-Ray with LOTS and LOTS of extra material and studio footage!!

Me too!!!! :woohoo:

bluetopez, don't be upset about if they pushed back the release date.
There could be a good reason for that - they might be adding more extras:)

kermit.gif

Being pushed back is good news, when you think of other options.

So it's been pushed back but as for right now we don't have a new release date set for the dvd?
I didn't feel like going through this entire thread so I hope it's cool that I'm asking even though it might already have been said in the thread.

So it's been pushed back but as for right now we don't have a new release date set for the dvd?
I didn't feel like going through this entire thread so I hope it's cool that I'm asking even though it might already have been said in the thread.

I don't even remember there being a release date in the first place, it's just speculation that it's being pushed back.....I've only ever heard that it's coming out in February...

Back