Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary /DVD/ TV / Theater Release [Discussion]

I will say tho that it does make sense to get as much revenue in all countries/channels willing to pay to air it first, before releasing a DVD/bluray... If people can go to redbox or iTunes or best buy to own it, more people would probably not tune in if its aired on TV...

So I get it...

If its true that it's pushed back..

I will say tho that it does make sense to get as much revenue in all countries/channels willing to pay to air it first, before releasing a DVD/bluray... If people can go to redbox or iTunes or best buy to own it, more people would probably not tune in if its aired on TV...

So I get it...

If its true that it's pushed back..

Hopefully they are adding more material. I thought the documentary was great but without a bunch of extras with MJ in them I would not pay money for this release. The best part was the HD footage of another part of me. Hoping for much more HD footage. They are going to have to make me want it with things I have not seen. They should have air this special much sooner here in the US. Waiting for Thanksgiving and going up against the NFL was not a smart move. Who is marketing this stuff? They need a new approach. Most people never even heard of BAD 25. What a shame

I`m a little worried since we havent heard anything.That some countries havent aired it yet shouldt have anything to say for a dvd/blu-ray release.Here in norway movies and tv series are released after the US all the time......only big titles like Dark knight rises
has a worldwide release the same week/month.

http://vallieegirl67.com/tag/dvd-release-date/

I am sure many of you have been anxiously awaiting for news about a definite release date, myself included. I have checked Spike’s Twitter page, 40 Acres website and searched the internet everyday for updates. After tweeting Spike directly and getting no response, I decided to send an inquiry through his website contact page. I received the following response on yesterday from the web administrator:

“Blu-Ray/DVD Released Has Been Pushed Back. Stay Tuned For More Info.”

Thank you.
40 Acres Web Admin

www.40acres.com

No explanation was given for the delay. I hope it’s not for too long. I can’t wait to see the entire documentary.

Annita;3772560 said:
http://vallieegirl67.com/tag/dvd-release-date/

I am sure many of you have been anxiously awaiting for news about a definite release date, myself included. I have checked Spike’s Twitter page, 40 Acres website and searched the internet everyday for updates. After tweeting Spike directly and getting no response, I decided to send an inquiry through his website contact page. I received the following response on yesterday from the web administrator:

“Blu-Ray/DVD Released Has Been Pushed Back. Stay Tuned For More Info.”

Thank you.
40 Acres Web Admin

www.40acres.com

No explanation was given for the delay. I hope it’s not for too long. I can’t wait to see the entire documentary.

Maybe they did find the 35mm negatives of the wembley concert. Maybe they'll include this as a bonus BLURAY!

The ultimate package...

I don't really mind if it's pushed back....As long as we're still guaranteed to get it....A lot of us haven't seen it unedited yet :(

^^Didn't we get that pushed back notice before today? At least it is coming in the future.

twitter40acresbrooklync.png

well at least theres some news. not exactly the news we wanted, but news nonetheless....

NO.

I just hope this push back is due to more extra material is being made. - More studio footage and footage of MJ creating music!!

Hope the Blu-Ray release will have many many hours of extra material to fill up the capacity!

I just hope this push back is due to more extra material is being made. - More studio footage and footage of MJ creating music!!

Hope the Blu-Ray release will have many many hours of extra material to fill up the capacity!

Dream on.....most likely its delayed because they want it to air on tv in most countries before released on home video.

The thing is its has already been aired on tv all over the world and i dont know how many times it can be aired on tv especialy cuz tv stations can be so picky when it comes to michael

The thing is its has already been aired on tv all over the world and i dont know how many times it can be aired on tv especialy cuz tv stations can be so picky when it comes to michael

Yes but its likely that more countries will air it in coming months.....some countries are really slow when it comes to air new foreign production.

Be patient; it will come. I am sure the reason they have is beneficial in some way to the estate, so I don't mind waiting.

Spike Lee ?@SpikeLee

"@Jeremy_Horn: @SpikeLee Yo Spike! When is the DVD release of #BAD25 coming out? I know you said it was Feb. 2013. Keep us updated.SUMMER YO

Maybe they did find the 35mm negatives of the wembley concert. Maybe they'll include this as a bonus BLURAY!

The ultimate package...

Would be awesome but to be honest there is more of a chance of a meteorite hitting the earth in 5 minutes...

Summer! Finally, some news :D

Spike already said like 3 times in the thread that it has been pushed back, so maybe if different people keep asking him the same thing it can become annoying. Obviously we will learn when it is about to hit the stores; after all the estate wants us to buy the material. I don't think this will be like the Pepsi cans that were under-manufactured.

Re: Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary /DVD/ TV / Theater [Summer Release]

Spike Lee says Summer
Summer is good - I was thinking they were waiting to release it closer to Michael's June 25th Anniversary and Birthday. To honor him then.

So now spike says in the usa summer it will be released?

I love Spike Lee work, but this time I'm waiting something more concrete as a statement of the estate about the possible release... until that happens I don't want to create false hope. no more as in the last time.

Spike Lee says Summer
Summer is good - I was thinking they were waiting to release it closer to Michael's June 25th Anniversary and Birthday. To honor him then.

Oh that would be such a wonderful idea. Then Spike could play the BAD songs during the outdoor party!!!!!

By the way I thought "SUMMER YO" in the tweet was the name of a person he was responding too.

Oh that would be such a wonderful idea. Then Spike could play the BAD songs during the outdoor party!!!!!

By the way I thought "SUMMER YO" in the tweet was the name of a person he was responding too.

That's right. It might be released as part of the Brooklyn Loves Michael Celebration. so maybe closer to MJ Birthday :)

It was Jeremy Horn who tweeted him

"@Jeremy_Horn: @SpikeLee Yo Spike! When is the DVD release of #BAD25 coming out? I know you said it was Feb. 2013. Keep us updated. SUMMER YO

Another hot summer release, maybe together with the new album.

I can't wait for it :dancin:

Back