Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary [Discussion]

Lucky you guys, I guess most of us will have to wait until it's available on dvd. :girl_sad: :girl_sigh:

Are there any other TV broadcasts except the German world premiere (on VOX on 20th October 2012) and the US premiere in November?

The limited cinema screening seems like a move that was made due to poor sales in the hope for some publicity.

It has been rumoured that BBC (UK) will air the documentary before Christmas but there hasn't been any confirmation of channel, date, time.
They are showing the new Freddie Mercury documentary on BBC1 next week - the same channel that showed the Paul Simon documentary in the Summer.

Just read THR about Spike's doc being shown in LA and NYC. I can't wait for Thanksgiving to watch it, of course, but I would love the Estate to consider running it all over the US for a limited run-I would just die to see this on the big screen. Also, does anybody know if a documentary can be nominated for both an Oscar AND an Emmy?

I purchased two tickets, one for myself and one for my sister for the NYC showing on October 20th! Excited! :D

you know that there's a lot of advertising on TV right? So a 4 hour block will not equal to 4 hour footage. It would be 4 hours minus amount of time spent for advertising.

their is no advertising during BBC shows in the UK ^^

True, but the BBC haven't even confirmed they're going to show the documentary and they haven't provided an indication of runtime (or even a date). I think ivy was referring to the German show.

Are there any other TV broadcasts except the German world premiere (on VOX on 20th October 2012) and the US premiere in November?

The limited cinema screening seems like a move that was made due to poor sales in the hope for some publicity.

Sigh....it's a qualifying run for God's sake *face palm*

I'll only believe MJ night on the BBC when it's on the tv guide...

I would love to see this, shame it could not be on general release at cinemas in UK, but of course this is just wishful thinking on my part - I will need to get a larger TV to watch on DVD for the full effect

Re: The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary /DVD/ TV / Theater Release [Discussion]

I've been away at the Immortal concert (opening night of the 02 :wild:) any UK updates on the doc? :)

I'm guessing this is to give it an Oscar-qualifying run???

Does anyone know if it can qualify for both an Emmy AND an Oscar, then?

bad25voxrqc0jsxnfb.jpg

"From first step 'til moonwalk - Michael Forever"

:D

So this airs in Germany on the 15th?
I rly hope one of y'alls tapes it!

^ no, on October 20th.

Is there a way to contact on BBC and ask them when they are going to air this document. This waiting drives me up to walls:timer:

Lucky you guys, I guess most of us will have to wait until it's available on dvd. :girl_sad: :girl_sigh:
Exactly, us Mexican fans and literally everyone outside L.A and NYC *sigh* If I could, I'd travel to Los Angeles since is not that far, but I'm poorer than the homeless guy on the Billie Jean video..I need a lucky penny Mike :sigh:

Too bad I don't have ABC anymore! I could've watched it on Thanksgiving, SKY removed all of the USA channels they had..ABC, American Network and such..:mat:

I tried contacting BBC and received no reply, and I tried contacting Pop Prince who first mentioned the rumoured MJ night and he didn't reply either.

I don't think there's any way we can find out until either the BBC officially announce it (or not as the case may be) or an insider leaks the information first.

244766.jpeg

845166.jpeg

412822.jpeg

200020.jpeg

Studio-session with Stevie Wonder
tumblr_mbpva5kLt41qcsr0lo1_500.gif

^^ Beautiful! :wild:

We have a new online video

This is great! Where was it recorded? In a cinema?

I'm not sure if they have this full concert. This is clearly one of the videos from which the official APOM video was made. Maybe it was recorded especially for that purpose - and only this song from that concert.

this is the alternative edit of APOM. the one in the docu just mix of various performances made for the docu. its not alternative version, just Spike Lee mix :cheeky:

respect77;3725203 said:
This is great! Where was it recorded? In a cinema?

I'm not sure if they have this full concert. This is clearly one of the videos from which the official APOM video was made. Maybe it was recorded especially for that purpose - and only this song from that concert.

yup, It was the session of the 13th of this month in Sao Paulo, the documentary was broadcast in Brazil 7 times, 6 times at the Rio Film Festival, this session is shown in the video was last and only in the city of São Paulo.

was packed with fans the people were crying, screaming, laughed and sang along with Michael as if they were on a show as is possible to see in the video.
at the end a fan yells "lindo/Beautiful!" hahahaha

this presentation of APOM is shown full in the documentary.

That was awesome. Kinda makes me wanna see it in a theater!

And I would love a Bad Tour show even if it was comprised of different shows into one like that clip.

We have a new online video

watching this u know u are watching many dates spliced together, and that the clips aren't necessarily from that point in the performance, seems fabricated, and if an entire concert was made up of these angles and clip splicing, it bores me, i wouldn't enjoy it because I would spot the edits a mile off. i would rather stick with the one we have. Regardless of the quality

Back