Status hearings discussion thread / all threads merged

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Re: Status hearings discussion thread / next hearing April 6th - Klein & Branca Subpoena

Jackson Rehearsal Footage to Be Shown at Trial

LOS ANGELES April 21, 2011 (AP)

A Los Angeles judge says prosecutors can show limited clips of Michael Jackson's final rehearsals during the trial of the doctor charged in the singer's death.

A deputy district attorney says Thursday the footage shows that Jackson was highly engaged in preparing for his comeback tour and was not desperate, as defense attorneys have alleged.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor says prosecutors can only show footage from Jackson's rehearsals on the two days before he died on June 25, 2009.

Dr. Conrad Murray's defense attorneys objected to showing clips of Jackson performing "The Way You Make Me Feel" and "Earth Song," saying it had been edited to show Jackson in the best light.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=13428227

This will allow Michael Jackson to touch the
heart and souls of the people of the jury.
angel3r.gif

Re: Status hearings discussion thread / next hearing April 6th - Klein & Branca Subpoena

me too. i don't see the point. everything is written in the rapport so why the need of showing pictures...

Exactly. No need, they can just read the rapport that's it.

So the trial will start the 11 May ? Hope it will not be later, I'm fed up to wait to see the bastard in jail.

Showing autopsy at a murder/ IVM case is normal. Just remember a judicial system is supposed to be equal & fair. Which means that NO ONE is an exception. That might be hard for some people to swallow but it's part of the process.

Hi,Today after judge Pastor viewed the photos the prosecution submitted of autopsy photos he ruled to allow them in court. He stated the phere were two photos one clothed and the other unclothed on a gurney with where prfivate part were blocked out.He decided to limit testimony concerning the women Dr. Murray had met in strip clubs and lavished trips and cash upon by prohibiting the prosecution to mention they were extra marital affairs and that the had met in strip clubs. He also stated it could not be referred to as a gentleman's club either.He ruled not to allow the prosecution to discuss Murray's unpaid child support and not to allow the defense to side track proceeding by exporing Michael's finances without limit.Alberto Alverez' prior misdemeanor that was expunged will not be allowed into proceedings. This Is It footage will be allowed per prosecutions motion but it will be limited to two nights before June 25th 2009 and judge Pastor stated the cute little girl, flora and fauna would be excluded.There was discussion about evidence collected by the coroner's lab not offering suitable results having been taken from the syringe and an I.V., being dried out and tested a couple of years after the fact . The defense was highly opposed to what Flanagan said was their having to sign a waiver if the results came out bad and that were only given half of the sample to test trusting the coroners lab could provide suitable results. He protested now their recourse is to use half of the remaining half which did not prove sufficient when tests originally run by them.The nest hearing is Friday of next week at 9:00 a.m. unless they move it closer due to unresolved discussionsions between the prosecution and defense. If I failed to mention anything please pardon me I'm going from memory in a rush from a hectic day.God bless!!!

Thank you for the account Sharon :)

Hi,Today after judge Pastor viewed the photos the prosecution submitted of autopsy photos he ruled to allow them in court. He stated the phere were two photos one clothed and the other unclothed on a gurney with where prfivate part were blocked out.He decided to limit testimony concerning the women Dr. Murray had met in strip clubs and lavished trips and cash upon by prohibiting the prosecution to mention they were extra marital affairs and that the had met in strip clubs. He also stated it could not be referred to as a gentleman's club either.He ruled not to allow the prosecution to discuss Murray's unpaid child support and not to allow the defense to side track proceeding by exporing Michael's finances without limit.Alberto Alverez' prior misdemeanor that was expunged will not be allowed into proceedings. This Is It footage will be allowed per prosecutions motion but it will be limited to two nights before June 25th 2009 and judge Pastor stated the cute little girl, flora and fauna would be excluded.There was discussion about evidence collected by the coroner's lab not offering suitable results having been taken from the syringe and an I.V., being dried out and tested a couple of years after the fact . The defense was highly opposed to what Flanagan said was their having to sign a waiver if the results came out bad and that were only given half of the sample to test trusting the coroners lab could provide suitable results. He protested now their recourse is to use half of the remaining half which did not prove sufficient when tests originally run by them.The nest hearing is Friday of next week at 9:00 a.m. unless they move it closer due to unresolved discussionsions between the prosecution and defense. If I failed to mention anything please pardon me I'm going from memory in a rush from a hectic day.God bless!!!

Thanks.

Thanks sharon do u remember the ruking re the nation of islam.crao re rge strippers and chikd support.i presume the pros can stikl talk about his money issues?

judge ruled that no financial information will be discussed by either side, Murray attorney's were going to contend that Michael was so financially strapped he had to kill himself!

they will be allowing the testimony of all three of the strippers into evidence to impeach Murray's statements to police about why there were no medical records!

Next, the defense wanted to use a 2000 conviction of disturbing the peace to impeach Alberto Alvarez testimony. Judge denied.

Defense wanted to bring in evidence about Nation of Islam, siting they were a movement and all the witness got together in collaboration to lie about Murray! Jude denied

Defense tried to get Murray's testimony in by way of expert witnesses, testimony that had been changed or added since his police interview on June 29, 2009. The state argued that this would allow Murray to tell his side of the story without taking witness stand! Judge denied

Judge will allow no evidence about Michael's taxes, or unresolved law suits into trial, siting no relevance.

The next pre- trial date will be April 29, to discuss the jury which has not been sat and Defense indicated the are not going to be ready May 9th!

http://twitter.com/justice_4mj

I presume the issue over the expert witnesses and hearsay will be heard at the next hearing as the motion was only filed a couple of days ago.and they are still arguing over the syringe. Did the judge make a ruling on that

Thanks for that virgina.dont get what the strippers said about medical records fits and they missed out about muurays affairs etc.hope they are right about the expert witness ruling.this may push murray to testify

and FFS about another possible delay

^^ I think they mean that the women will testify but it wouldn't be said that they are strippers that met Murray at clubs and had affairs with him.

and that they'll testify that Murray told them he was treating Michael.

Defense wanted to bring in evidence about Nation of Islam, siting they were a movement and all the witness got together in collaboration to lie about Murray!
o_O.....What?! Murray....Really?! lol SMH

Washington post also confirmed the hearsay from his expert witness is banned.judge said u cant use them as a parrot to repeat your story.

By Associated Press, Thursday, April 21, 1:03 PM

LOS ANGELES — Images of Michael Jackson in life and death will be seen at his doctor’s involuntary manslaughter trial, a judge ruled Thursday, after a prosecutor promised restraint while using autopsy photos to be sensitive to Jackson family members expected to be in court.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also said he will allow prosecutors to screen segments of the concert movie “This Is It” for jurors in highly redacted form to show the pop star’s mental and physical state in the days before his death.

“I don’t think this should be entertainment,” the judge said. “We should not feel deprived of our 99-cent iTunes if we don’t hear the whole song.”

Pastor said only two autopsy photos will be allowed of Jackson’s body laid out on a coroner’s examining table.

In one image, the singer is swathed in a hospital gown. In the other, he is nude, with portions of his anatomy obscured, prosecutors said.

“Although they are tragic, they are not gruesome or gory,” Deputy District Attorney David Walgren.

The defense had asked to bar autopsy photos, saying the images would inflame the passions of the jury.

Walgren, however, was adamant about the need to show Jackson’s physical condition to bolster the prosecution claim that Jackson was healthy overall.

“This is a homicide and we can’t pretend it’s not a homicide,” Walgren said.

The judge agreed the photos were needed. He recalled testimony from the preliminary hearing in which witnesses said Jackson was exceedingly thin and one witness described him as looking like a hospice patient.

Walgren said he was aware that Jackson’s family would be in court and said the pictures will be carefully displayed. When he showed them to Pastor, the judge found they were not graphic or gruesome, as the defense contended.

The prosecutor said the images will bolster the contention that the singer was healthy and that it was a combination of the anesthetic propofol and other sedatives that killed him..

Regarding the video footage, Pastor said only relevant portions of Jackson’s performance on “Earth Song” and “The Way You Make Me Feel” can be shown to jurors.

“Earth Song” is a colorful tribute to the environment that prosecutors say was the last piece Jackson recorded the day before he died.

“What’s admitted will be Michael Jackson singing. What will not be received will be a picture of a cute little girl and orcas and flower and fauna,” the judge said.

Defense attorney Edward Chernoff objected to showing the film footage, claiming it was edited to present Jackson in the best light.

Pastor said prosecutors can only show footage from Jackson’s rehearsals on the two days before his death on June 25, 2009.

Murray, a Houston-based cardiologist, has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter. Authorities have accused him of giving Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol in the bedroom of his rented mansion.

Murray’s attorneys have suggested in recent months that the singer may have given himself the fatal dose.

In other rulings, Pastor said:

— Prosecutors can have several of Murray’s mistresses testify during the trial, but some salacious details should be omitted. For instance, Pastor said he didn’t want to hear any references to the strip clubs where Murray met some of them.

— Prosecutors cannot refer to Murray’s child support issues or how many children he has.

— Defense attorneys cannot probe Jackson’s financial condition, saying it would turn the trial into “a slug fest which inflames the jury and has no end.” The defense has claimed Jackson was despondent over debts.

— Ruled out the use of statements made by Murray to his forensic experts in which he appeared to change some of the details previously given to police about Jackson’s treatment.

The judge said experts cannot act as “parrots” to get hearsay statements of the defendant before the jury.

The prosecution suggested if Murray wants to tell his story, he should do it from the witness stand.

Opening statements were scheduled for May 9.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainmen...TRJE_print.html

Last edited:
BBC NEW: Michael Jackson doctor trial jury to see death photos

Just Thought I would post this for everyone too see:

22 April 2011 Last updated at 03:0 Michael Jackson doctor trial jury to see death photos

Lawyers for Dr Murray, shown in 2010, have suggested Jackson gave himself the lethal dose

Autopsy room images of late pop legend Michael Jackson can be shown to jurors at the trial of the doctor accused of causing his death, a judge has ruled.
Los Angeles Judge Michael Pastor sided with prosecutors who said the photos would show the star was healthy before he died in June 2009 of an overdose of a powerful surgical anaesthetic.
Dr Conrad Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
He had been treating the singer for insomnia.
In one image to be shown to the jury, the singer's dead body is seen laid out on a coroner's examination table in a hospital gown. In another he is naked but with parts of his body obscured.
"Although they are tragic, they are not gruesome or gory," said Deputy District Attorney David Walgren.
Concert film Dr Murray's defence lawyers had objected, saying the photographs would enflame jurors' passions.
In pre-trial testimony, jurors heard from an emergency medical worker who had attended the scene and said the singer looked like a hospice patient.
Judge Pastor of the Los Angeles superior court also agreed to allow carefully redacted segments of Jackson's concert film This Is It, filmed just before his death, which prosecutors say illustrate his mental and physical wellbeing.
Prosecutors say Dr Murray gave him a lethal dose of propofol - a powerful anaesthetic typically used in a clinical setting - and then failed to provide proper care.
Lawyers for Dr Murray have suggested in recent months that the singer gave himself the lethal dose.

Re: BBC NEW: Michael Jackson doctor trial jury to see death photos

In pre-trial testimony, jurors heard from an emergency medical worker

What jurors? Unless they consider the entire general public as 'jurors'...

Michael would not have done that to himself:no:

Can we keep all articles in the hearings thread please.makes it easier to read and keeps the board tidy.

There was no jurrors in the prelim.just the judge hearing the evidence

^^ I think they mean that the women will testify but it wouldn't be said that they are strippers that met Murray at clubs and had affairs with him.

and that they'll testify that Murray told them he was treating Michael.

But just with their testimonials , the jury will know that they are strippers and work in a club, and had affairs with the bastard.

Not if the judge keeps a tight rein.pros will say how do u know him where did u meet and the defence will object the judge wii substain it and the jury goes hummmmmm.when theres that many women im sure the jury will be thinking tberes alot of women here

Most people. Not doctors! When your job in life is to try and save lives or prolong them, CPR should be second nature with no hesitations!

Super agree. It should be second nature for a doctor and when he hesitated and asked if someone knew how to do CPR, that just confirms that he is a douchebag.

Not if the judge keeps a tight rein.pros will say how do u know him where did u meet and the defence will object the judge wii substain it and the jury goes hummmmmm.when theres that many women im sure the jury will be thinking tberes alot of women here

The jury knows Murray. Since the 25 june 2009, EVERYBODY KNOWS HIM in USA. Know his face, ugly face, and what he did.

I think the people who will be the jury gonna lie because if someone ask to an american now, " do you know the doctor Murray ? "

Everybody will tell you " yes, I heard about him, it's a guy who was the doctor of MJ blablabla..."

And all the tabloids medias doesn't help, every week you have something new about this trial, about Murray and his shit life...

So the people who will tell to the judge, " no, I know nothing about this affair, I don't know mister Murray, I don't know what he did with mister Jackson blablabla " -______- , lol, it gonna be lot of liars in this jury.

[/QUOTE]Super agree. It should be second nature for a doctor and when he hesitated and asked if someone knew how to do CPR, that just confirms that he is a douchebag.[/QUOTE]

ESPECIALLY a cardiologist,,,,that title means that he specializes in heart...and to NOT know how to do cpr..to me is a one big joke on his part...WHERE did he get his license from...a crackerjack box....he disgusts me.

Super agree. It should be second nature for a doctor and when he hesitated and asked if someone knew how to do CPR, that just confirms that he is a douchebag.

ESPECIALLY a cardiologist,,,,that title means that he specializes in heart...and to NOT know how to do cpr..to me is a one big joke on his part...WHERE did he get his license from...a crackerjack box....he disgusts me.

And this fake doctor is still working....

Super agree. It should be second nature for a doctor and when he hesitated and asked if someone knew how to do CPR, that just confirms that he is a douchebag.[/QUOTE]

ESPECIALLY a cardiologist,,,,that title means that he specializes in heart...and to NOT know how to do cpr..to me is a one big joke on his part...WHERE did he get his license from...a crackerjack box....he disgusts me.[/QUOTE]

yep.. a cardiologist who doesn't know how to do CPR is just bogus to me.. also a cardiologist who gives his patient heart and breathing depressant drugs and allows his patient to die of cardiac arrest while he is there is a murderer.

Most Boy Scouts know how to do CPR so a man who at the time of Michael's death was holding medical license in 4 states is lying if he says he doesn't know how. Murray is out of his mind.

Conrad Murray (may he rot in Hell) is a liar and a murderer.

I really do not think Murray did not know how to do CPR. My Mom is a meidcal assistant and she knows how to do CPR it is fair to assume that a heart doctor knows how to do CPR. I think the issue is Murray was putting on a show and doing bad job of it. Of course he knew how to do CPR but in his arrogance just assumed he could a half assed job and one would question him

Agree. I learnt cpr years ago stiil remember its like riding a bike its not something u forget

anyway theres another hearing today.think its an early start around 8.30

I again got lost here :) When is the next hearing?

Back