Status hearings discussion thread / all threads merged

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Re: Status hearings discussion thread / next hearing April 29th -

It seems like the defense strategy failed. From autopsy report we saw that prosecution was ready for injection theory so the defense came up with drinking theory and asked for a fast trial so that prosecution wouldn't be ready for it. Now they got an expert, the defense is trying to come up with how to respond to it and therefore they need more time.
Murray just really needs to give it up..really he does....HE is the one that wanted a speedy trial..so the courts gave him what he wanted and booked a speedy trial...he has done nothing from June 25th but make an ass out of himself....and he continues to cost everyone all this money for a bucket full of lies..that by the looks of it..he has NO problem continuing. He really is just to much.

Delay sought in trial of Michael Jackson's doctor
6:57pm EDT
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Defense attorneys on Friday asked for a delay in the manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, saying they needed more time to review new reports from prosecution witnesses.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor scheduled a hearing on Monday to consider the request, which comes 10 days before the scheduled start of opening arguments on May 9.Dr. Conrad Murray has pleaded not guilty to the involuntary manslaughter of the pop star, who died in June 2009 from an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol.
Prosecutors said on Friday they wanted to call an additional medical expert at the trial to counter what are expected to be suggestions by Murray's defense team that the "Thriller" singer swallowed propofol by himself.
Murray's lawyers argued they needed more time to prepare to cross examine the new witness.
Murray has admitted giving Jackson propofol as a sleep aid as he rehearsed for a comeback tour, but denies it was a fatal dose. The 50 year-old singer died at his rented Los Angeles home on June 25, 2009.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant)

Re: Murray Wants MJ Rehearsals To Show Warning Signs

So it wasn't the unmonitored surgical anesthesia levels of propofol that did him in, eh? He was already a goner, hmm? But murray was so occupied with his stable of beauties, he couldn't see it, I guess. And when Kenny Ortega let Michael go home from that rehearsal because he didn't seem well, murray later jumped all over KO, cause murray was responsible, blah blah for Michael's health, what about that? A nonphysician could see Michael wasn't well but his doctor couldn't or didn't? Another bit of hilarity from the defense team. Or, wait...is this one of the 'misconceptions' murray could 'clear up'?

And this?
TMZ also has a story that they want to make a pig drink propofol for demonstration. ughh.

Well, that's ridiculous and useless, of course. From " PROPOFOL IN VETERINARY PRACTICE - A REVIEW"
Propofol is to be administered intravenously only. Oral administration will not have any effect because of its rapid metabolism, whereas, intramuscular injections do not produce a state of anaesthesia.
http://priory.com/vet/propofol.htm
I vote we give it to murray and see what happens.

Games, games. That's what this all is. Games. By the defense. Remember Chernoff has a very low opinion of California lawyers, well, any lawyers outside of Texas, or so he said in an interview. He is just trying to see how far he can get, IMO. I hope Pastor doesn't let him get away with anything. They wanted the speedy trial. Well, as they say, be careful what you wish for....

When we looked to the oral administration of propofol it seemed like there wasn't extensive research about it. Everyone said the above that orally it wouldn't have an effect (other than perhaps vomiting).

I guess Murray's lawyers are hoping that the pig will have cardiac arrest after they make it drink propofol. Still if the amounts at Michael's stomach doesn't suggest drinking then I don't know how will that help at all.

I hate when they use helpless animals for anything like that! Disgusting! I vote for Murray to drink it instead!

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Defense lawyers are considering asking for a delay in the start of Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial because, they said, they need more time to answer new theories raised by the prosecution.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/29/conrad.murray.trial/index.html

Also in the same article:
"The new experts will present "more detailed analysis, but not a new theory," Walgren said."
That's great really!! Hope this time they will take into account all the little details as well, because it's not just a question of answering isolated abstract questions and hypotheses as the defense tried to present it during the preliminary.

Please, don't forget anything (the propofol concentration level in the stomach much SMALLER than in blood; the very high level of lorazepam that meant a significant level of sedation, the almost full bladder... the hiding of vials by Murray...)!!!

What did the defense expect? Did they really think that the Pros was just gonna let them say whatever without them having someone to counter it? o_O

Is this pig story real? Its highly insulting. Also I don't like the prosecution pulling back on witnesses. It seems they are just prosecuting the bare minimum.

Now this is just stupid. People don't die from being a mental wreck. And to say he was ill is even more stupid because his doctor was on the phone saying he was fine while he should have been watching him. And to say he was dying already well you better come up with a cause of death that has nothing to do with propofol.
exactly. Unless he is gonna impeach Kenny's testimony he is the one that demanded rehearsals not be cancelled.

Still if the amounts at Michael's stomach doesn't suggest drinking then I don't know will that help at all.
I wonder the same. How that 0.13mg (total amount) explain for the much higher concentration levels in blood and in the rest of samples?:doh:

If the defense even goes near the pig demonstration, I think that would be a huge turn off to jury members because they will have in the back of their minds that this trial is not about Murray giving anything to a pig but to a human being. It would and should be insulting, I would think.

But, no matter what common sense we apply to any evidence or testimony, we won't be on the jury. We are talking about Murray being on trial. However, make no mistake about it, I believe, that the defense wants Michael to be on trial--his health, his mental state, his emotions, his medical history, etc. I'll be surprise if they don't spend more time talking about Michael than Murray. They will probably want the jury to decide if Michael was in good health and able to do these concerts and subject to drug addictions, etc. They don't want this to be about Murray's actions.

The comfort is that thus far it seems that both the judge and the prosecution are very guarded about what and whom this trial must be about.

If the defense even goes near the pig demonstration, I think that would be a huge turn off to jury members because they will have in the back of their minds that this trial is not about Murray giving anything to a pig but to a human being. It would and should be insulting, I would think.

But, no matter what common sense we apply to any evidence or testimony, we won't be on the jury. We are talking about Murray being on trial. However, make no mistake about it, I believe, that the defense wants Michael to be on trial--his health, his mental state, his emotions, his medical history, etc. I'll be surprise if they don't spend more time talking about Michael than Murray. They will probably want the jury to decide if Michael was in good health and able to do these concerts and subject to drug addictions, etc. They don't want this to be about Murray's actions.

The comfort is that thus far it seems that both the judge and the prosecution are very guarded about what and whom this trial must be about.

I completely agree with you.

Silly story how do this help Murray? His patient his sick and he did what to help MJ? Drug and more drug, if MJ was and addict theN Murray was the dealer and that should be an added charge.
He is a shame to other doctors and non should stand up for his wrong doing.
Stupid story but it's TMZ

Your opinion kind misconstrued the facts you gave us

The opinion was based on whether or not Murray was really low on cash. I didn't mean to confuse you.

Report for 4/29/11

Mr. Chernoff of the defense stated they receieved 80 pages from the prosecution containing 4 new scientific theories which were past the expertise of the experts they had secured for their witness list. Chernoff said they are simply not able to address as trial being set to begin on May 9th.

Sorry this is a to be continued full report... I'll be back to edit and type more which I anticipate doing tonight.

Your opinion kind misconstrued the facts you gave us

The opinion was based on whether or not Murray was really low on cash. I didn't mean to confuse you.

Report for 4/29/11

Mr. Chernoff of the defense stated they receieved 80 pages from the prosecution containing 4 new scientific theories which were past the expertise of the experts they had secured for their witness list. Chernoff said they are simply not able to address as trial being set to begin on May 9th.

Sorry this is a to be continued full report... I'll be back to edit and type more which I anticipate doing tonight.

Chernoff asked jdge Pastor to exclude the new witnesses adding they did not have time to address the new theories which attacks those the defense had previously sstated He said the defenses theories were presented to the prosecution the 1st week of March around the 6th and three weeks later they receiived report of another expert which he estimated as #15 on the prosecutions witness list, then said they now have new experts. Chernoff asserted the prosecution had to have known that they wouldn't have time.

Walgren countered Chernoff's remarks stating "this is absurd" and that the people stated before todaythat the case would have to be held over. He said the defense insisted the case continue and they were put on notice repetitively. He said of course we sought out expert opinion, that they were turned over in Aprl and the current issue was the exact situation they had warned the defense about. Walgren continued by stating the defense insisted to go forward. He said there were no new theories and that their theory has always been that Conrad Murray was untruthful, incompetent, and caused the deat- of M. Jackso. He said we simply don't have discovery from defense.

At judge Pastor's inquiry Walgren replied that they were planning on calling the new witnesses during case in chief. He said their testimony is responsive of the defenses theories but broader going further to say it to be expansive and detailed scientific analysis. At Chernoff's correction to Walgren stating there were 2 new witnesses he adjusted a statement to the judge by stating there were 3 new expert witnesses.**** Names may not be spelled correct*** Larson, Schaefer and Chavez.

Flanagan of the defense held up a large stack of papers stating this is Chavez then another saying in addition to Larson.He continued saying we were able to deal with Larson. He said one of their experts wont be available in May, that he'd just gotten through reading the brand new theories of negligence and scientific theories. He said they were all ready to go. He went further to state no expert other than Schaefer has ever said propofol cannot go through ingestion and the mentioning of some being shoved up piglet rears that didn't go to sleep., there was mention of Lorazapan and other new theories they'd have to address. He said it's inconceivable.Flanagan protested they'd worked very hardand were up to date and that with the 2 new witnesses they'd need new experts in pharmacology and microbiology.

Judge Pastor said he didn't have any written notifications addressing the situation but that he was not surprisedsaying he anticipated the defense would not be ready.

Flanagan protested asserting they were ready based on first year of reports of the case....

***Pausing to post this then I'll edit in more***

Flanagan said the criteria they had was to give the prosecution their reports, that they would be fined 1500 a day when they were well within the 30 days of going to trial.He said and now the prosecution gets 3 new expert witnesses, 5 or 6 new justifications for new intentions and that the defense would be back to square 1 if Schaefer and Chavez testifies.

Walgren said the prosecution had warned them. He said it was literally impossible for Michael Jackson to orally consume propofol. He said the new witness testimony is not new theories, that it is a cornerstone of their case and science and how it would have taken place.

Chernoff said Walgren had 9 months and didn't hire pre iminent expert, not during the preliminary, not after, that they had all the time in the world and didn't do it. He told judge Pastor that the only remedy was for him to exclude the new experts.
\
Judge Pastor said he would not exclude and that he did not find the prosecutions actions as willful. He said it involves significant analysis, that the issues raised in extensive prelim they continued to express concern over in case and the people advised based on what the defense would be filing they would respond. He said he did not see how the people acted in bad faith or sand bagged.

I'm sorry you guys, my sleep this week is way off and I have to wake very early in morn. If you like I can pick up from here tomorrow early evening- just please let me know?

I also wanted to inform you that they discussed the footage of This Is It being subpoenad from Sony and was told they would not have before trial began and couldn't get to them until if I recall coorectly around the 4th. Chernoff or Flanagan asked Judge Pastor to make the prosecution wait before calling Kenny Ortega to testify until after they'd had time to review the raw footage once Sony had turned it over to them. Judge Pastor said if the subpoena was issued for a certain date for the material to be delivered then he would not address that issue until then and that Sony would need to comply with the subpoena. He declined the defenses request to make the prosecution wait for Otrtega's testimony after Walgren informed the court they would have to juggle a lot of things around to accomodate the defenses request adding that Ortega would be out of town at some point and it would be difficult to move their witnesses around.

Goodnight yall!

God bless!!!

Last edited:

Defence is trying strategy and then asking for postponement when they fail.
I still remember when they were asking for a quick start, cause they wanted to show how "ready" they were. :rolleyes:

I understand they do tests with animals (though I am not sure about the moral side of such actions), but how can they repeat all conditions and circumstances?
Besides, prosecutors can always say that even if the poor pig has a cardiac arrest, if the doctor helps her immediately, she is fine.

Michael Jackson's onetime physician asks for delay in trial; feels 'sandbagged' by new theories

Attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray asked a judge on Friday for a delay in the physician’s trial on charges of involuntary manslaughter, saying that they had been “sandbagged” with new scientific theories by prosecution witnesses on the eve of the trial.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said he would hold a hearing on the motion for a continuance Monday, but noted the time and expense the high-profile trial has already taken. The judge said the preparations have cost “funds in excess of six figures,” and that about two dozen cases have had to be rescheduled.

Defense attorneys said they needed the additional time because of new medical expert reports turned over by prosecutors.

In one of those reports, Dr. Steven Shafer, an anesthesiologist, concluded that it was impossible for Michael Jackson to have swallowed the fatal dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol, attorneys told the judge.

The opinion contradicts the defense’s contention that the singer was desperate for sleep so that he could be ready for rehearsals for his comeback tour and drank or injected himself with the drug while Murray was out of the room.

“Dr. Shafer says categorically, it’s not possible Michael Jackson orally ingested propofol, based on the science,” Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren told Pastor on Friday. Attorneys during the hearing did not go into detail about why the expert reached that conclusion or what the science behind the opinion was.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/04/michael-jackson-conrad-murray-death-manslaughter-.html

----------------

Trial of Michael Jackson's doctor could be delayed

NEW: Dr. Murray's lawyers ask for more time to prepare for the trial
NEW: The judge will decide Monday on the request
"I fully expected that was going to happen," the judge says
The defense concern began when the judge approved prosecutors' new experts

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Defense lawyers asked for a delay in the start of Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial Friday because, they said, they need more time to answer new theories raised by the prosecution.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor scheduled a hearing for Monday morning to decide whether he will grant the continuance.

Testimony in the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor has been scheduled to start on May 9, with the jury to be chosen next week.
"I'm not saying what I'm prepared to do, because I need to hear and see more information," Judge Pastor said during a Friday afternoon hearing.

The possibility of a delay was raised during a hearing Friday morning when Pastor ruled prosecutors could call new expert witnesses, including one who would testify that there was no way Jackson could have self-ingested the drug that killed him.

Defense lawyer Ed Chernoff said he consulted with Dr. Murray after that hearing and they agreed they needed more time to prepare their expert testimony to counter the new prosecution expert.

"This is precisely the matter I fully expected that was going to happen when the defense said it wanted to go in 60 days," Pastor said.
Murray invoked his right to a speedy trial after January's preliminary hearing in which the prosecution's expert witness admitted he made a math mistake that supported the defense theory that Jackson may have given himself the fatal dose of propofol.

Propofol is a surgical anesthetic that the Los Angeles coroner ruled killed Jackson in combination with several sedatives found in his blood.
"I actually made a mistake on that," Dr. Richard Ruffalo testified during cross-examination, referring to his calculation of the levels of propofol in Jackson's stomach fluid.

Murray's lawyers suggest a frustrated and sleepless Jackson may have poured the surgical anesthetic propofol into his juice bottle while the doctor was out of his bedroom.

A new expert approved by Judge Pastor Friday will testify that he "concludes it was impossible for Michael Jackson to orally ingest" the fatal drug, prosecutor David Walgren said.

"Super expert Dr. Ruffalo prepared a 60-page report," Defense lawyer Michael Flanagan said in court Friday. "We got ready on that, but now the trial in this case will look nothing like the preliminary. I bet you they're not going to call Ruffalo."

The prosecution said the defense is always welcome to call the former prosecution expert.

"They are not calling their original 11 experts," Flanagan said. "They've got three brand new ones, which requires us to prepare all over again for these new theories and justifications of these theories."

The new experts will present "more detailed analysis, but not a new theory," Walgren said.

Judge Pastor said there had been a "massive investment of time and money" put toward the trial and a delay might be expensive. There are 171 potential jurors already "hardship qualified" for the trial, but a delay might require them to go through the process again.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/29/conrad.murray.trial/index.html?section=cnn_latest

From Gatorgirl about pigs and propofol (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/a5maqi)

I can only gather limited information from this but here goes my best shot at dismissing the "propofol OJ":

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1399-6576.1991.tb03351.x/abstract

"The mean bioavailability by the rectal route was low. In contrast to the intravenously administered propofol, none of the piglets slept when given propofol rectally, reflecting the extremely low plasma propofol concentration. In veterinary medicine, propofol would seem to be clinically valuable for inducing intravenous anaesthesia, but would be ineffective when given rectally. The findings indicate that with the dosage forms used here, propofol would be clinically ineffective if given rectally to human infants and children."

If something does not work when given rectally it would not work being given orally, either, as both are enteral routes, thus similar routes of administration. Some medications, like propofol, could not be used enterally (including drank) because the absorption in the digestive tract is low or unpredictable--or in this case, too slow, too. Propofol is one of the fastest-acting medications available on the market. It would take so long to reach the brain if drank that by the time it got to the brain it would not be able to render any real effect, if any was actually able to reach the brain after passing through the various systems of the body. Propofol must cross the rigorous blood/brain barrier to take effect. The notion that Michael drank propofol is ludicrous itself but to try and say he died from drinking it (so which is it, he drank it or self-injected, next we will hear he was snorting it, anyway...) is not only totally ignorant but impossible. Unless he was severely allergic to soybean oil or something it would not kill him being ingested orally (obviously he was not allergic to propofol or he could not have received in the past for surgery). And no, he did not die from an allergic reaction--he died because of Conrad Murray, among others. Drugs did not kill Michael Jackson, people killed Michael Jackson, they simply utilized drugs to do it.

Michael did not drink propofol and certainly did not die from drinking it, either. That is a FACT, not a theory. The end. Save a pig, give Conrad Murray propofol instead!

From Gatorgirl about pigs and propofol (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/a5maqi)

I can only gather limited information from this but here goes my best shot at dismissing the "propofol OJ":

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1399-6576.1991.tb03351.x/abstract

"The mean bioavailability by the rectal route was low. In contrast to the intravenously administered propofol, none of the piglets slept when given propofol rectally, reflecting the extremely low plasma propofol concentration. In veterinary medicine, propofol would seem to be clinically valuable for inducing intravenous anaesthesia, but would be ineffective when given rectally. The findings indicate that with the dosage forms used here, propofol would be clinically ineffective if given rectally to human infants and children."

If something does not work when given rectally it would not work being given orally, either, as both are enteral routes, thus similar routes of administration. Some medications, like propofol, could not be used enterally (including drank) because the absorption in the digestive tract is low or unpredictable--or in this case, too slow, too. Propofol is one of the fastest-acting medications available on the market. It would take so long to reach the brain if drank that by the time it got to the brain it would not be able to render any real effect, if any was actually able to reach the brain after passing through the various systems of the body. Propofol must cross the rigorous blood/brain barrier to take effect. The notion that Michael drank propofol is ludicrous itself but to try and say he died from drinking it (so which is it, he drank it or self-injected, next we will hear he was snorting it, anyway...) is not only totally ignorant but impossible. Unless he was severely allergic to soybean oil or something it would not kill him being ingested orally (obviously he was not allergic to propofol or he could not have received in the past for surgery). And no, he did not die from an allergic reaction--he died because of Conrad Murray, among others. Drugs did not kill Michael Jackson, people killed Michael Jackson, they simply utilized drugs to do it.

Michael did not drink propofol and certainly did not die from drinking it, either. That is a FACT, not a theory. The end. Save a pig, give Conrad Murray propofol instead!

^lol

Thanks! I'm sure this would be similar to what the expert will testify too, great.

Last edited:

Report for 4/29/11

God bless!!!

The defense brought up the whole theory of ingesting propofol. How in the heck would they not be ready to defend it. I hope the judge rejects the request to delay. Maybe then they will stop throwing things out there thinking they will go unchallenged.

Murray's lawyers want Jackson trial delayed

By LINDA DEUTSCH
ASSOCIATED PRESS

<abbr class="updated" title="2011-04-29T22:47:00Z">April 29, 2011, 5:47PM</abbr>

LOS ANGELES — Defense attorneys for the Houston doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death have asked a judge to delay the trial so they can prepare for newly named prosecution witnesses.
Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor did not immediately rule on the oral motion made Friday but instructed attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray to file a formal motion by Sunday afternoon.
Pastor set a hearing for Monday to decide whether to delay the case just two days before jury selection was scheduled to resume and a week before opening statements were expected.
Murray's defense attorney Ed Chernoff told Pastor the cardiologist had agreed to a delay.
Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.
Chernoff and J. Michael Flanagan had argued that the new evidence against Murray should be barred from the trial because it arrived too late.
Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said that would be absurd and called the situation the defense team's own fault for refusing to delay the trial when he and the judge suggested it.
Among the new expert opinions proposed by prosecutors is that Jackson could not have caused his own death by swallowing the powerful anesthetic propofol because it is not absorbed through the intestines.
At a preliminary hearing earlier this year, the defense posed the idea that Jackson, desperate for sleep, swallowed the drug while his doctor was out of the room. Propofol is normally is administered intravenously for surgery.
Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor said he would not exclude the expert testimony and declared he prosecution was not trying to "sandbag" the defense by disclosing the witness so close to the possible end of jury selection next week.
"This case involves sophisticated scientific issues," Pastor said, adding it was likely that new theories would arise during discovery of evidence.
"I'm not surprised by the situation," the judge said. "I anticipated these problems when I was advised that this case was going to proceed within 60 days after the preliminary hearing."
Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of the pop superstar, has insisted on moving forward quickly.
Walgren said the prosecution, which originally listed 11 anticipated expert witnesses, has cut that down to four, most of them new.
"When the first experts got into this, it was not anticipated the defense would go with the theory that Michael killed himself," the prosecutor said. "This is a situation they created ... It was always our theory that Dr. Murray was incompetent, untruthful and caused the death of Michael Jackson."
With the new defense theory in play, prosecutors had to seek new scientific experts, he said.
Flanagan said he and Chernoff now need additional experts to respond to the newly added prosecution witnesses.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/7543658.html

Thanks for the updates.yes its frustrating but as ivy said it shows the defence games havnt worked from when they asked for a quick trial originally.

Hope the delay is denied but i dont think it will be as thet will use it for appeal purposes when convicted.also gives them time to get hold of the sony footage

tell me if im wrong but the whole drinking thing has bo medical logic because it was found in the blood and liver.and there was only a tiny amount in the stomach that would do nothing.because it was found in the liver etc in higher amounts that was given before any amount that was injested.the only way the defence could claim it was legit is if there was huge amounts in the stomach and no where else

Last edited:

this means getting caught in your own lies..the defense said michael ingested the drug and now they are unprepared...they can have 10 years and the will still not be prepared because Murray is guilty!

Re: new delay???

The very theory from the defense that Michael could have ingested propofol 'whilst the doctor left the room' is proof of negligence. Guilty as charged, next!!

At judge Pastor's inquiry Walgren replied that they were planning on calling the new witnesses during case in chief. He said their testimony is responsive of the defenses theories but broader going further to say it to be expansive and detailed scientific analysis. At Chernoff's correction to Walgren stating there were 2 new witnesses he adjusted a statement to the judge by stating there were 3 new expert witnesses.**** Names may not be spelled correct*** Larson, Schaefer and Chavez.
(...)
Judge Pastor said he didn't have any written notifications addressing the situation but that he was not surprisedsaying he anticipated the defense would not be ready.
(...)
Flanagan said the criteria they had was to give the prosecution their reports, that they would be fined 1500 a day when they were well within the 30 days of going to trial.He said and now the prosecution gets 3 new expert witnesses, 5 or 6 new justifications for new intentions and that the defense would be back to square 1 if Schaefer and Chavez testifies.
(...)
Walgren said the prosecution had warned them. He said it was literally impossible for Michael Jackson to orally consume propofol. He said the new witness testimony is not new theories, that it is a cornerstone of their case and science and how it would have taken place.
(...)
Judge Pastor said he would not exclude and that he did not find the prosecutions actions as willful. He said it involves significant analysis, that the issues raised in extensive prelim they continued to express concern over in case and the people advised based on what the defense would be filing they would respond. He said he did not see how the people acted in bad faith or sand bagged.

I also wanted to inform you that they discussed the footage of This Is It being subpoenad from Sony and was told they would not have before trial began and couldn't get to them until if I recall coorectly around the 4th. Chernoff or Flanagan asked Judge Pastor to make the prosecution wait before calling Kenny Ortega to testify until after they'd had time to review the raw footage once Sony had turned it over to them. Judge Pastor said if the subpoena was issued for a certain date for the material to be delivered then he would not address that issue until then and that Sony would need to comply with the subpoena. He declined the defenses request to make the prosecution wait for Otrtega's testimony after Walgren informed the court they would have to juggle a lot of things around to accomodate the defenses request adding that Ortega would be out of town at some point and it would be difficult to move their witnesses around.

Thank you very much Sharon for your report!!

Will you be able to also attend during the trial?

Back