Suggestion - Michael performing at the opening of the olympics in Beijing?

Kruszynski

Proud Member
Somebody suggested here Michael should tour Asia as the priority. What about him opening this year's olympics? Maybe the organizers don't need additional promotion so much (however, the latest TV ratings for olympics haven't been so good) and the whole world's eyes will be on them, but IF THEY HAD MICHAEL JACKSON, that would give them an incredible boost.
For Michael, obviously, it would be a graet chance too. How many people can watch it, 3 bln?
Plus it would be a perfect combination of two greatest things this year: his new album and Beijing 2008. What do you think?

I believe it is an EXCELLENT idea!!:coolio:

I doubt Michael will want anything more than NOTHING to do with the Olympics in Beijing, China. Well I would personally hope not. The Chinese government's lack of action on the treatment of their animals is disgusting, and primary problem is the Chinese fur trade.

There are calls to boycott these Olympics unless something is done about it. This would be the one thing that would stop me from watching an Michael performance, if it was at the backward Beijing Olympics.

http://www.caft.org.uk/factsheets/cats-and-dogs.html

http://www.furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

Sadly, I thought celebs were being pressured out due to stances regarding Africa/Darfur???

It's sad when atheletes, & artists bear the brunt! There are so many other oportunities to address & correct political issues.

Last edited:
I have to say I think China isn't developed enough to have Michael performing there.. He has been performing in Taiwan (that's under China still) but not in China. If argumentations why he would perform there was good enough then it would be ok..

I doubt Michael will want anything more than NOTHING to do with the Olympics in Beijing, China. Well I would personally hope not. The Chinese government's lack of action on the treatment of their animals is disgusting, and primary problem is the Chinese fur trade.

There are calls to boycott these Olympics unless something is done about it. This would be the one thing that would stop me from watching an Michael performance, if it was at the backward Beijing Olympics.

http://www.caft.org.uk/factsheets/cats-and-dogs.html

http://www.furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

that and the fact that recently the people of Tibet have taken the opportunity and are protesting to be independent from China once again.... so yea not a good idea for Michael.

Highly, highly, highly improbable, you can forget about it once and for all.

It's impossible, Chinese government wouldn't invite MJ to perform

we can only enjoy Michael's music now in this land but will not have him here in person.

Anyway, could you guys just please get off the politics topics!!

I'm Chinese

Do I look like an animal slaughter, do I look like a supporter of Darfur killings? most Chinese don't. Meanwhile, Tibet is under Chinese rule back to ancient dynasties, why don't you read history book? do you know how many Chinese are killed by Tibetans? Do you know if there's no nowadays China's rule, Tibet will keep their slavery and privilege class system? that's what you want?

In Chinese media, free countries like America were also like tyranny which invaded other nations and stole resources, killing and abusing prisoners, killing Muslims, Indians and blacks, WHICH ARE TRUE IN YOUR HISTORY BOOK.

It's called politics, people! those politicians were and are playing with us.

please don't do this in this forum.

Olympics will be held despite those so-called boycotts.

As a Chinese, most people really support the event and believe it may accelerate the change in China.

If MJ were to sing a song at Olympics, it will be wonderful. And it's a world stage.

Unfortunately, MJ will not.

Maybe things will change in the future.

Last edited:
There's about as much chance of this happening as MJ becomming the President of the United States.

AW: Suggestion - Michael performing at the opening of the olympics in Beijing?

I think he is smart enough not to participate. Maybe he should do a concert in Tibet. That would be statement! (joke, i know about the chinese regime)

Nowhere7

Before 1950, Tibet was under serfdom, worse than Communist

remember that. some people.

AW: Re: Suggestion - Michael performing at the opening of the olympics in Beijing?

As a Chinese, most people really support the event and believe it may accelerate the change in China.

No offense, but even if it is not about politics how can anybody enjoy such an event with 1.5 million (Source: Reuter, AFP, AP, DPA) people being forced to relocate? This is beyond me, sorry!

Nowhere7

I know very little about chinese history or government. With that said why would the government not allow mike to perform?

Re: AW: Re: Suggestion - Michael performing at the opening of the olympics in Beijing?

No offense, but even if it is not about politics how can anybody enjoy such an event with 1.5 million (Source: Reuter, AFP, AP, DPA) people being forced to relocate? This is beyond me, sorry!

Nowhere7

1.5 million people is a very very VERY small number in China, compared to 1.3 billion of the population. so i said "most". Anyway, I do feel for them. And MANY MANY MANY CHINESE ORDINARY PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING FROM OTHER ISSUES.

No, Chinese government is not that good as the government proclaimed.

However, I don't want you to blames any issue on all Chinese people.

And, please talk about music and life, not politics here. Thank you.

Last edited:
I know very little about chinese history or government. With that said why would the government not allow mike to perform?

MJ is not quite good, because he had scandals.
Officials won't let him. how sad.

Last edited:
We all know Mj don't like touring, thats why he's going for the O2 concert, and yes the O2 concert really exists and i know someone who already has a backstage pass to it.

I think it is not ruled out if Michael would perform in the Olympics in Beijing, I don’t think he would have any reason to prevent him from visiting any country other than his safety along with his crew of course. He is a man of principles so his target would be charity and “Heal The World”.

We all know Mj don't like touring, thats why he's going for the O2 concert, and yes the O2 concert really exists and i know someone who already has a backstage pass to it.

Oh yeah.. enlighten us a little more on that.

Well, I think mkgenie is the best placed out of all of us to have an opinion on why MJ would or would not be likely to perform at the Olympics in China...

Cool idea though.

I'm looking forward to watching some of the Olympics from Beijing on tv; so cool to have all the best athletes in the world competing. :)

I did not actually had time to read the initial post and was responding only to thread title idea.

Another mentioned idea of connecting Olympics in Beijing with cruel killing of animals is rather strange, because those organizations never said a word against Olympics in Salt Lake City, for example, even though there is cruel shotgun killing of human children in the country.

So we have politics/double standards here. And Tibet matters are as much result of political media brainwashing as actual state of things in Cuba. No, situations are by far not perfect in either territory, but things are the way more complicated, not one-sided, than propaganda tells.

Last edited:
Sadly, I thought celebs were being pressured out due to stances regarding Africa/Darfur???

It's sad when atheletes, & artists bear the brunt! There are so many other oportunities to address & correct political issues.

Tell me about it. These athletes work their entire lives towards that one opportunity, and it only occures once every four years. The Olympic Games are supposed to trancend politics and religion and all that. I think it would be a fantastic place for Michael to perform. I've always wanted him to open or close the Olympic Games. They offered it to him sometime in the 80s I believe, but it never panned out. But it would be beautiful if he would perform there.

I did not actually had time to read the initial post and was responding only to thread title idea.

The idea of connecting Olympics in Beijing with cruel killing of animals is rather strange, because those organizations never said a word against Olympics in Salt Lake City, for example, even though there is cruel shotgun killing of human children in the country.

So we have politics/double standards here. And Tibet matters are as much result of political media brainwashing as actual state of things in Cuba. No, situations are by far not perfect in either territory, but things are the way more complicated, not one-sided, than propaganda tells.

It was me who raised the issue of the Chinese fur trade.

It is no sleight against the Olympics or indeed any Chinese people. The point I am raising is that there are things that are completely and utterly disgusting going on in that country that need to be dealt with. How can something as prestigious as the Olympics be held there with these things going on so obviously?

Therefore, I will not be watching the Olympics this year as a part of a self protest I guess. Animal cruelty is something I feel strongly about so it will be up to me how I feel about them going on in Beijing.

know very little about chinese history or government. With that said why would the government not allow mike to perform?

they have laws about who they let perform in the country and if they let acts perform they get told what songs they can sing cause of the lyrics etc

Well said, mkgenie.
I'm sadden by the comments above. :(
More respect, please.
I agree. I am shocked at the blind prejuduces in this thread. No political system is clean. I bet there won't be a call for a boycot when it is british time to hold the olympics. Our hands are messy too. The media just don't focus on it.^_^

there won't be a call for a boycot when it is british time to hold the olympics. Our hands are messy too. The media just don't focus on it.

that will just be the gen public seeing as the tickets will be good old rip off britain prices lol and we will still be waiting for the stadiums to be built lol

I feel much better seeing that many people give their understanding than talking about political issues around BeiJing Olympic games.
you can watch TV with Michael's music played on,if you like.lol

Back