Superfly Sister (She Got It?)

giddyup87

Proud Member
Been listening to this song alot recently.... I'm right in guessing that "She Got It" is an early form of "Superfly Sister" ?

Especially near the end of "Superfly Sister" where he sings "baby don't wanna it"... sounds exactly like "She Got It".... which is probably the reason it was never released as he wasn't happy with it and changed the song into "Superfly Sister".

Don't know.

Do you have a link to She got it?

sortof how he got from 'Streetwalker' to 'Dangerous' i'm thinking.

not only does he repeat the lyric "and baby don't wanna it" near the end.

'Superfly Sister' sounds like a speeded up 'She Got It' at times.

Superfly Sister is the only MJ song that makes me tired. Not that big fan off it.

ive been having these on repeat on my ipod 4 the past 24hrs lol and u might be right

Just started re-listening to the song. I've always been a tad fond of it (It's one of the "middle" songs... not my favorite, but not something I skip over).

Well, now I think it's awesome. "Mother's preaching Abraham.. Brothers they don't give a damn" :lol:

Really funky, I'm going to blare this the next time I hear it.

Superfly Sister is the only MJ song that makes me tired. Not that big fan off it.

Try to listen again.. Listen to the harmony the man made for this song. Listen to him.. He has a story to tell.. And the beat is very FUNKY!

I never had much time for Superfly Sister until it came on shuffle after an Off The Wall track and I began to detect in it a little of that oldskool MJ groove that was beginning to go missing around that period.

It's now my favourite track on BOTDF.

Maybe you're right.
Those 2 songs both have that minimalistic funk sound. (maybe the only MJ songs with that sound)

Great songs imo!

Both songs have a certain style that I wish Michael would have explored further. Very listenable, very cool songs.

Never heard 'She Got It' until now. Not bad. How dope is it that I'm hearing an MJ track for the first time? And the way it looks, we should have 100's more to come over the years. God bless you, Michael. You will live on through your music.

'Superfly Sister' is underrated. I've always loved that song since the first time I popped in my BOTDF tape back in '97. Very funky ish right there. This is Mike gettin down. I would've loved to have seen him perform that track. To be honest, it always sort of reminded me of a Bad era track for some reason. It just has that 1987 feel to me. Great, great track.

I love the BOTDF album, very under-rated in my opinion.

I Love this song so much. Crazy amounts infact. When he starts a really addictive and catchy beat going, i just go insane. This is one of the best he's done imo.

I love the BOTDF album, very under-rated in my opinion.

I agree.
I love superfly sister-love the beat.
even morphine--can't really appriciate the lyrics now, but I still love the beat.

never heard 'she got it' -- I like both versions.

Im just surprised people haven't heard She Got It. Its been around for awhile.

Superfly Sister is one of those songs you need to listen to with headphones. It is also one of his naughtiest songs (push it in stick it out) and he belts out the lyrics with swagger. Love the breakdown near the end, good bass sound. To me it sounds like something Prince would have come up with.
As for she got it it indeed doesn't sound far fetched that they were somehow connected once

I personally think you don't put out 5 strong grooves on a remix album

She Got It is a great song and should be on the next posthumous album.

Superfly Sister is a song I used to like but now I find it boring. It goes on for way too long and unlike some of Michael’s other long songs, it actually feels very long. I am glad it wasn’t included on Dangerous.

To me it sounds like something Prince would have come up with.
Maybe because it was produced by Bryan Loren;). Bryan always sounded,musically and lyrically,like a Prince copycat to me. A way weaker ,artistically, version of Prince actually 🤭

She got it lyrically reminds me more of she drives me wild

Back