surveillance tapes (all threads merged)

mjsdot

Proud Member
I remember hearing that the security tapes from the house were missing from the time that covered the morning of 25 June.

Has anyone heard anything more about these tapes?
Have the police/prosecutors even looked for them?

It strikes me that this is really important to the case, why would anyone remove the tapes unless they were trying to hide something? So who took them? Murray? or security guard? or family? didnt Latoya go thereon the 25th and remove loads of things from the house even furniture which was rented with the house? seems a bit strange to be in that much of a hurry to remove stuff from the house when someone has just died imho but that could just be me, or it could just be tabloid rubbish, I cant remember where I read that.

Re: Missing security tapes

that storys stems from the national enquirer. so it has very little credibility if any. nothing has been said officially

Last edited:

those tape hold the key to this whole thing....I have feeling those things are long gone and have been since June 25th,

I think it's odd that there were no security tapes. I don't know how much they'd help because likely none were in the bedrooms. Though if he did leave in the night like alleged it would be a big key. The LAPD made a mistake from the start by not making the home an automatic crime scene.

I think it's odd that there were no security tapes
there was tapes showing ppl coming and going from the property that was reported on about the police having them

Until we have official word on security tapes, let us not assume or presume.

I fear that like so many urban myths surrounding Michael's life, some fans have allowed rumours and myths to become fact without securing the facts.

I think it's odd that there were no security tapes. I don't know how much they'd help because likely none were in the bedrooms. Though if he did leave in the night like alleged it would be a big key. The LAPD made a mistake from the start by not making the home an automatic crime scene.

:agree: Oh I agree. I remember Latoya or more of the family saying the house was left to staff/'security' and who knows who else that whole day until around midnight or so.

I would doubt he would have security cameras inside the house also as you would want privacy & someone could steal the tapes & sell to the tabs.

I remember Levin on an episode of TMZ live saying there was no tape in the machine.

Latoya wouldnt of taken them :no: so if its true there is something funny going on :yes:

the police investigators released the house late that night. Latoya said so herself. Still from the search warrants , the broken syringe with propofol and lidocaine near MJ's bed was only recovred on 26, June. I can't believe the investigators did not search every inch of that room before releasing the house.

The LAPD made a mistake from the start by not making the home an automatic crime scene.

the police investigators released the house late that night. Latoya said so herself. Still from the search warrants , the broken syringe with propofol and lidocaine near MJ's bed was only recovred on 26, June. I can't believe the investigators did not search every inch of that room before releasing the house.

remember there was no visible trauma and Murray withheld information from them about the drugs he gave Michael. Initially they had no reason to treat this other than a natural death.

Robbery & homicide was assigned to the investigation solely because of "high profile" status and not because they suspected anything or knew about propofol then.

and see this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bVCnjFYRhE

at 1:17
"robbery homicide was assigned to this because of the high profile nature of it, do not read into anything as it relates to my team being here cause the chief decided that we should handle this investigation".

and also again as you can see robbery & homicide was in control of the house after 4pm.

edited to add: also releasing the house doesn't necessarily mean they gave everyone access to the bedroom. they could have done an initial walk through and investigation/interviews and determine that events happened solely in the bedroom. therefore they could have allowed access to the rest of the house while securing the bedroom and keeping it secure.

I would have believed that statement if they did not later tell Lee they thought he was an "addict" based on the injection wounds on his arms and legs . Lee had to remind them MJ used to get liquids intravenously and that's might have been the cause of those wounds , something even Murray told them about.

They believed initially that was a typical Hollywood death , another celebrity overdosing himself. And that's why they made sure to wave that pinkish bag full of drugs infront of the media cameras.

Latoya's boyfriend informed them the next day about a bag full of "coke" :smilerolleyes:he found in MJ's bedroom along with ofcourse the "bleaching cream":smilerolleyes: and they run back to seize them , only then they discovered the broken syringe.

Last edited:

The investigator, Elissa Fleak, said (AR, p.3):
"I collected medical evidence from the decedent's residence on 6/25/09; see form 3A for details".

3A form, (AR, p.6) "Paraphernalia Description: One green oxygen tank; a broken syringe...." (Signed by Elissa J. Fleak on 26th June)

Is there any official document where it is stated that the broken syringe was recovered on 26thJ?

Latoya's boyfriend informed them the next day about a bag full of "coke" :smilerolleyes:he found in MJ's bedroom along with ofcourse the "bleaching cream":smilerolleyes: and they run back to seize them , only then they discovered the broken syringe.

Michael didn't die in his bedroom.

ivy;3170154 said:
remember there was no visible trauma and Murray withheld information from them about the drugs he gave Michael. Initially they had no reason to treat this other than a natural death.

Robbery & homicide was assigned to the investigation solely because of "high profile" status and not because they suspected anything or knew about propofol then.

and see this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bVCnjFYRhE

at 1:17
"robbery homicide was assigned to this because of the high profile nature of it, do not read into anything as it relates to my team being here cause the chief decided that we should handle this investigation".

and also again as you can see robbery & homicide was in control of the house after 4pm.

edited to add: also releasing the house doesn't necessarily mean they gave everyone access to the bedroom. they could have done an initial walk through and investigation/interviews and determine that events happened solely in the bedroom. therefore they could have allowed access to the rest of the house while securing the bedroom and keeping it secure.

Thanks Ivy for the info.

Here is background on Lt Gregg Strenk In the vid:

He investigated a shooting not long after MJ death:

http://mjjmaninthemirror.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=23&p=977#p976

Bentley driver's slaying in L.A. might have cartel link
The LAPD is investigating whether a shooting on the 101 Freeway near downtown in December may have stemmed from an Arellano Felix drug rivalry. The luxury car was riddled with bullets.
Bentley driver

This 2005 Bentley Continental GT was riddled with bullets Dec. 12 on the 101 Freeway in L.A. after a chase that began near Olvera Street. The driver died later. (Mel Melcon / Los Angeles Times / December 12, 2008)

By Paul Pringle and Richard Winton

July 3, 2009

la-me-bentley3-2009jul03
The shooting last December was as mysterious as it was brazen: On a downtown stretch of the 101 Freeway, a storm of bullets riddled a $100,000 Bentley, showering the lanes with shell casings and glass, and leaving the driver mortally wounded.

And then, for month after month, there was nothing -- no arrests, no suspects publicly identified, no possible motive given.

But the speculation had been unavoidable. The audacity of the attack and the glaring mismatch between the ultra-luxury car and the young Latino victim of little apparent means suggested a Mexican-style narcotics hit, the type that has killed several thousand people in the drug wars south of the border.

Save Up to 90%: Sign up for our free daily e-mail to get in on exclusive deals around L.A. Powered by Groupon. Subscribe Now.

Now, court records obtained by The Times show that police are investigating whether the predawn shooting was indeed tied to the Mexican dope trade. It would be an unusually bold display of cartel-related violence in the L.A. region.

One suspect was charged with murder Thursday.

A search warrant affidavit filed by a Los Angeles Police Department detective says investigators learned that the dead man, 25-year-old Jose Luis Macias, might have been selling drugs here for the notorious Arellano Felix cartel. The document says a friend of his since childhood may have had him gunned down to take over the local business.

The affidavit describes a Wild West pursuit of Macias that began with shots fired near the historic Olvera Street plaza, blocks from the Civic Center and LAPD headquarters, before it spilled onto the southbound 101. Like Macias, the suspects, identified as laborers, at one time or another drove cars beyond their outward pay levels -- a Hummer and a Cadillac Escalade, the affidavit says.

Earlier this week, the LAPD arrested Michael Angel Aleman, 34, who has been charged with first-degree murder, attempted murder and shooting into an occupied vehicle. Described in the affidavit as a former gang member, he is being held in lieu of $1.38-million bail.

The affidavit quotes an officer alleging that a second man, Eddie Escobedo, also known as Eddie Hernandez, wanted Macias killed.

"He said that Macias was dealing drugs" for the cartel, the document says. "He further stated that a power struggle erupted between the two because Eddie Escobedo wanted to be the 'shot caller.' "

Escobedo's whereabouts could not be determined.

Another man the affidavit names in connection with the case, Sabino Cabral, 26, is in custody on suspicion of lesser offenses and has not been charged in the killing.

Cabral, who was previously arrested in Arizona for allegedly transporting more than 200 kilos of marijuana and possessing a rifle, is believed to have had a 9-millimeter pistol that was used in the Olvera Street shooting, the affidavit says. The affidavit says it is the detective's "belief that Sabino Cabral was present, if not involved in the murder."

The document identifies two other men in connection with the investigation, describing them as bodyguards for Escobedo.

LAPD officials Thursday declined to discuss the probe. "There are people we need to talk to," said Robbery-Homicide Lt. Greg Strenk.

After The Times inquired about the case, the district attorney's office released a statement Thursday confirming that charges had been filed against Aleman. The statement called Macias a car salesman, but did not elaborate and made no reference to the cartel.

The court documents contain tipster accounts of two men with handguns first opening fire on the silver 2005 Bentley Continental GT near Olvera Street, about 3 a.m. Dec. 12, as Macias drove away from a celebration of the festival of the Virgin of Guadalupe.

The assailants stepped in front of the car at Cesar Chavez Avenue and Alameda Street and started shooting. Macias sped off, made a frantic U-turn and headed toward the freeway, where he was shot minutes later, the affidavit says.

Macias suffered multiple head wounds, as rounds punctured the Bentley from back to front, according to the statement. He died in the hospital two days later.

The fact that investigators have remained mum since then -- tips had come in almost immediately -- is not unusual considering the life-and-death sensitivity of cases that could involve cartels or their partners in the United States, experts say. In Mexico, the drug organizations have routinely threatened and killed witnesses, authorities say.

In recent years, the death and imprisonment of key leaders have weakened the Arellano Felix cartel, but it remains a fierce combatant for drug smuggling routes from Tijuana into Southern California and across the United States, law enforcement officials say.

Orlando Lopez, a special agent in charge in California's Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement, said the cartel brings cocaine, heroin, marijuana and methamphetamine into the state and acts as a wholesaler for drug-dealing street gangs. "They're very active," he said. "They have members on both sides of the border."

The documents in the Macias case do not refer specifically to any cartel chieftains. Nor do they state the cartel directly sanctioned the shooting.

But the detective's affidavit, citing an officer's account, says "Eddie placed a 'green light' on victim Macias," vernacular for approving a killing.

The Macias probe has stretched from a party supply store to a card club to Cabral's home on 2nd Street in Boyle Heights. Last week, the police seized a .45-caliber handgun, ammunition and several cellphones from the home, the affidavit says. Cabral was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving and other traffic violations, police records show.

He has also been convicted of carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle, according to court records.

In the 1990s, Aleman was convicted of carrying a concealed weapon, and later of voluntary manslaughter, and was sentenced to eight years in prison, prosecutors said.

According to the affidavit, Montebello police also have arrested Aleman on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, although the circumstances are not described. The document says the Montebello Police Department arrested Cabral as well, but no details were provided.

paul.pringle@latimes.com

richard.winton@latimes.com

Copyright © 2010, Los Angeles Times

link:
http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162- ... l?tag=page

LAPD Lt. Greg Strenk talks with members of the media outside the offices of Michael Jackson's personal doctor, Conrad Murray, July 28, 2009 in Las Vegas. Murray has been the main focus of an investigation to determine exactly how Jackson died and whether or not charges, potentially manslaughter, should be filed.

Author: CBS News Staff

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162- ... z19qTwyybF

and he investigates old cases:

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_12555048

Parents want answers in 1986 slaying
By Sue Doyle, Staff Writer
Posted: 06/09/2009 09:02:19 PM PDT
Updated: 06/09/2009 09:03:54 PM PDT

The parents of a Van Nuys woman brutally slain 23 years ago want the LAPD to investigate why it took the department so long to focus on their daughter's accused killer - a veteran detective who had several run-ins with the victim before her death.

Nels and Loretta Rasmussen say Los Angeles police ignored information they provided that could have led authorities to Detective Stephanie Ilene Lazarus soon after their daughter was killed on Feb. 24, 1986.

"They provided information on the first day that there was a woman who was problematic," the couple's attorney, John C. Taylor, said at a news conference Tuesday outside the Los Angeles County Courthouse.

Instead, Taylor said, Nels Rasmussen "was told repeatedly that he was watching too much TV."

Lazarus, 49, was charged Monday with capital murder in the slaying of Sherri Rasmussen, 29, who had been married three months to John Ruetten, Lazarus' ex-boyfriend. Lazarus had been with the Los Angeles Police Department for two years at the time of the slaying.

The LAPD previously said that investigators believed Rasmussen was killed during a robbery at the Van Nuys condo she shared with her new husband. The only objects taken were Rasmussen's marriage license and her car, which was later found with the keys inside. No arrests were ever made.

However, officials said Tuesday they are investigating whether the Rasmussen case was handled appropriately.

"We are actively
Advertisement
looking into all the circumstances surrounding the Rasmussen murder and that includes all the details of the past investigation," said Deputy Chief Charlie Beck, the LAPD's chief of detectives. "I have detectives all over the country doing just that. They are looking into details of the past investigation, and that includes the circumstances that led to this not being solved earlier."

The Rasmussens did not speak to the media Tuesday, but attended the news conference held by their attorney. They also were in the courtroom when Lazarus' scheduled arraignment was postponed to July 6.

In an orange jumpsuit worn by all county jail inmates, Lazarus was sequestered in an area on the side of the courtroom known as "the pen." She spoke briefly with her attorney, Mark R. Pachowicz, through a narrow glass window, then sat on a bench in the inmates' area. Biting her lip, the Simi Valley woman appeared frightened and pale as she peered into the packed courtroom.

Asked by Court Commissioner Kristi Lousteau if she agreed to the continuance, Lazarus answered, "Yes, your honor" - the only words she spoke to the court.

Lazarus was arrested Friday at LAPD headquarters after detectives who reopened the cold case matched her DNA to saliva found in bite marks on the victim's body.

With Taylor as their spokesman, the parents thanked the LAPD investigators who reopened the case and singled out Lt. Greg Strenk and Detectives Robert Bub and James Nuttall for special praise.

"The family is extremely pleased and relieved," Taylor said.

Taylor also detailed the parents' two-decade struggle to see someone brought to justice for the slaying of their daughter, who was a nursing supervisor at Glendale Adventist Hospital.

Taylor said the fatal attack involved a struggle that moved around the condominium. Rasmussen suffered a bite on the arm and was shot three times, including in the heart and spine, he said.

The day after their daughter's slaying, the grief-stricken parents drove from their Arizona home and met with with LAPD investigators. They suggested that police talk to Ruetten's ex-girlfriend, whose name they did not know.

Taylor detailed several confrontations between Lazarus and Rasmussen, including a day that Lazarus arrived at the victim's workplace.

"If I cannot have John, nobody can," Taylor said Lazarus told the victim.

And a month before the slaying, Lazarus slipped into the condominium without setting off the elaborate security system. She was wearing her LAPD uniform and threatened Rasmussen, who was home alone, Taylor said.

Rasmussen was able to get Lazarus to leave, Taylor said, and never reported the behavior to LAPD.

But the weekend of Feb. 7, 1986, Rasmussen went to her parents' house and told them there was a problem with another woman and that she was dealing with it.

If the problem wasn't resolved in two weeks, Rasmussen said she would come to her father for help, Taylor said.

Three weeks later, Ruetten discovered his wife beaten and shot to death at their condo. She had stayed home from work that day after straining her back in an aerobics class.

I would doubt he would have security cameras inside the house also as you would want privacy & someone could steal the tapes & sell to the tabs.

I remember Levin on an episode of TMZ live saying there was no tape in the machine.
I don't think it's legal to sell someones security tapes from their home. I ahven't heard of that happening to a celeb, a cameraman videotaping then selling the tape is different but he could still be sued if it's damaging or taped without consent.

The rumor of there allegedly being no tape in the machine is the odd part which is why some believe it may have been stolen.

I don't think it's legal to sell someones security tapes from their home. I ahven't heard of that happening to a celeb, a cameraman videotaping then selling the tape is different but he could still be sued if it's damaging or taped without consent.

The rumor of there allegedly being no tape in the machine is the odd part which is why some believe it may have been stolen.

It may not be legal to sell someone's security tape but I don't think its illegal to buy.

Maybe Michael didn't want any tapes running at all. So maybe there is speculation about tapes disapearing while they don't exist?

Just shedding new light on it.

Maybe Michael didn't want any tapes running at all. So maybe there is speculation about tapes disapearing while they don't exist?

Just shedding new light on it.

I think you may be right. I guess we will find out eventually.

There were tapes but Murray stole them. He just didn't know one thing you will find out..

Latoya wouldnt of taken them :no: so if its true there is something funny going on :yes:

Yeah..I don't actually believe that Latoya would take anything,either..despite what has been said in all the media/press. I mean come on you guys, that's her brother, at the end of the day The Jacksons are people...a family just like any of us.

:wub:
souldreamer7

Back