surveillance tapes (all threads merged)

Re: Missing security tapes

If there were no tapes in the cameras, how on earth would anyone know if there never were tapes in the cameras, or if they'd been stolen? We may never know. .

Beth Karas did an update where she talked about there being security camera tapes & the DA had them. I believe she said there was one in the front of the house, back & a couple of other places. She also gave me the impression that the DA would like to do a plea deal. I don't remember where I saw it, on CNN or what show. I wish I had watched it closer, so I could be wrong. I have looked for transcripts & can't find it. Did anyone else see it?

when was this? recent?or back during the prelim

I thought he did.

He was in another room. It wasn't his bedroom.

There were tapes but Murray stole them. He just didn't know one thing you will find out..

source?

Beth Karas did an update where she talked about there being security camera tapes & the DA had them. I believe she said there was one in the front of the house, back & a couple of other places.

See this makes sense - mostly cameras are placed in such places. No one will be recording their bedroom - it's too private to record. At most - inside the house - cameras will be in the hallways etc. And after hearing the security wasn't allowed into the house and the staff wasn't allowed to upstairs, I seriously do not think that any inside the house cameras was present.

Originally Posted by Topflux
There were tapes but Murray stole them. He just didn't know one thing you will find out..

topflux isnt a credible poster imo.from previous history

There's good reason for MJ's family members to want to quickly get into that house and gather up his things.

MJ had a lot of expensive personal belongings in that house. His family couldn't just leave it sitting there for everybody and anybody to have access to it. It would have been stolen.

It's bad enough his family couldn't find the money that MJ kept with him in large amounts because of the fact that he wasn't someone that could walk up to ATM machines, or go into banks to do transactions with a teller, when he wanted some cash for making purchases while he was out and about.

Hey, shouldn't we still be wondering how Murray is paying for a team of attorneys? Something about this is very, very strange and is not adding up. A team of attorneys in a high profile case is not cheap. And him seeing patients is not enough to cover the cost of multiple lawyers, because he would also still have to pay the overhead for the offices that he's running his private practice out of, anyone that he has working for him at the offices, and a bunch of other things like medical supplies and so forth. He also has everyday living expenses to pay, child support to pay, and isn't he a homeowner, too? Dude's got some serious bills. Where is he getting the money for covering all of this?

Last edited:

There's good reason for MJ's family members to want to quickly get into that house and gather up his things.

MJ had a lot of expensive personal belongings in that house. His family couldn't just leave it sitting there for everybody and anybody to have access to it. It would have been stolen.

It's bad enough his family couldn't find the money that MJ kept with him in large amounts because of the fact that he wasn't someone that could walk up to ATM machines, or go into banks to do transactions with a teller, when he wanted some cash for making purchases while he was out and about.

Hey, shouldn't we still be wondering how Murray is paying for a team of attorneys? Something about this is very, very strange and is not adding up. A team of attorneys in a high profile case is not cheap. And him seeing patients is not enough to cover the cost of multiple lawyers, because he would also still have to pay the overhead for the offices that he's running his private practice out of, anyone that he has working for him at the offices, and a bunch of other things like medical supplies and so forth. He also has everyday living expenses to pay, child support to pay, and isn't he a homeowner, too? Dude's got some serious bills. Where is he getting the money for covering all of this?

I keep wondering that myself, as generally insurance is slow to pay, if his medical malpractice is helping pay for his defense.

[QUOTE=AllForMJ;3237300]There's good reason for MJ's family members to want to quickly get into that house and gather up his things.

Hey, shouldn't we still be wondering how Murray is paying for a team of attorneys? Something about this is very, very strange and is not adding up. A team of attorneys in a high profile case is not cheap. And him seeing patients is not enough to cover the cost of multiple lawyers, because he would also still have to pay the overhead for the offices that he's running his private practice out of, anyone that he has working for him at the offices, and a bunch of other things like medical supplies and so forth. He also has everyday living expenses to pay, child support to pay, and isn't he a homeowner, too? Dude's got some serious bills. Where is he getting the money for covering all of this?[/QUOTE]

They sure did run to that house to get all of the money that was left hanging around ..Katherine's exact words...."were is all of My sons money he always had atleast a million dollars hanging around in the house"......so yeah..they had to get there to get that!!....and whatever else they could get their grubby little hands on.

Hey, shouldn't we still be wondering how Murray is paying for a team of attorneys? Something about this is very, very strange and is not adding
up. A team of attorneys in a high profile case is not cheap. And him seeingpatients is not enough to cover the cost of multiple lawyers, because he would also still have to pay the overhead for the offices that he's running his private practice out of, anyone that he has working for him at the offices, and a bunch of other things like medical supplies and so forth. He also has everyday living expenses to pay, child support to pay, and isn't he a homeowner, too? Dude's got some serious bills. Where is he getting the money for covering all of this?

Yes this crossed my mind too as to where Murray was getting his money from. I don't think family members could have taken it at a time like that and not said anything about it.

New article I just ran across, relevant to this thread:
Conrad Murray's Lawyers 'Don't Have The Budget' For Lengthy Michael Jackson Trial http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...get-for-lengthy-michael-jackson-trial_1204586
(Mar 1) Lawyers representing DR. CONRAD MURRAY have urged a judge not to delay the upcoming involuntary manslaughter trial into MICHAEL JACKSON's death - because they "don't have the budget" for lengthy court proceedings.
The medic stands accused of administering the drug Propofol which killed the King of Pop in June 2009.
The case is scheduled to begin on 24 March (11), but Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor could push back the start date of the trial after prosecutors called for a later hearing, according to the Associated Press.
Speaking on Monday (28Feb10), he said, "I am extremely distressed about the state of this case and whether the defense is prepared for trial and its obligations to Dr. Murray."
But Murray's legal team have appealed to Judge Pastor to keep 24 March as the start date - as they are running out of cash.
Defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan pleaded, "We need to go to trial right away. We don't have the budget that would let us draw this out."
Reports suggest prosecutors are objecting to the trial start date because they are entitled to receive discovery of defense evidence 30 days before trial starts - a deadline which has already passed. The judge threatened Murray’s lawyers with hefty fines for failing to share evidence with prosecutors.
He told the attorneys for the pop icon’s personal physician that he would impose the fines or other sanctions on Wednesday (02Mar11) unless they met their legal obligation to turn over witness statements and expert reports to prosecutors.
Meanwhile, the judge has ordered Deputy District Attorney David Walgren to turn over digital photos from Jackson's autopsy as well as all of the surveillance tapes recorded at his home on the day he died.
:unsure:

I seriously doubt there are tapes that show anything graphic, from inside the house. They must mean tapes from security cameras outside the home, that would show people arriving and leaving? Hopefully?

I seriously doubt there are tapes that show anything graphic, from inside the house. They must mean tapes from security cameras outside the home, that would show people arriving and leaving? Hopefully?

yeah thats what they are from what other articles have said. basically footage showing the timeline of mj coming back from rehearsals through to the ambulance leaving. so nothing of real intrest to the defence other than to provide documentation of the timeline

Tell me how we know tapes are really missing now.In factI doubt anyone here was Michael Jackson's security personnel for any period of time is that right? Then who are we to say tapes are there or not based on nothing merely than sensationalized tabloid gossip. Allow me to explain this further; it wouldn't be a fair assumption to bring up missing tapes if in fact, no one here was ever on duty as Jackson's security. Did any of Jackson's security ever mention unlocated tapes or missing aspects of Carolwood surveillance footage ? theres a hunch telling me there's nomissing footage. Its brought to my attention this is nothing merely than speculation of gossip

Last edited:
mjbunny;3273826 said:
New article I just ran across, relevant to this thread:
Conrad Murray's Lawyers 'Don't Have The Budget' For Lengthy Michael Jackson Trial http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...get-for-lengthy-michael-jackson-trial_1204586
(Mar 1) Lawyers representing DR. CONRAD MURRAY have urged a judge not to delay the upcoming involuntary manslaughter trial into MICHAEL JACKSON's death - because they "don't have the budget" for lengthy court proceedings.
The medic stands accused of administering the drug Propofol which killed the King of Pop in June 2009.
The case is scheduled to begin on 24 March (11), but Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor could push back the start date of the trial after prosecutors called for a later hearing, according to the Associated Press.
Speaking on Monday (28Feb10), he said, "I am extremely distressed about the state of this case and whether the defense is prepared for trial and its obligations to Dr. Murray."
But Murray's legal team have appealed to Judge Pastor to keep 24 March as the start date - as they are running out of cash.
Defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan pleaded, "We need to go to trial right away. We don't have the budget that would let us draw this out."
Reports suggest prosecutors are objecting to the trial start date because they are entitled to receive discovery of defense evidence 30 days before trial starts - a deadline which has already passed. The judge threatened Murray’s lawyers with hefty fines for failing to share evidence with prosecutors.
He told the attorneys for the pop icon’s personal physician that he would impose the fines or other sanctions on Wednesday (02Mar11) unless they met their legal obligation to turn over witness statements and expert reports to prosecutors.
Meanwhile, the judge has ordered Deputy District Attorney David Walgren to turn over digital photos from Jackson's autopsy as well as all of the surveillance tapes recorded at his home on the day he died.
:unsure:
well that shoots down the theory that Murray was being funded by Sony or AEG and also shows the DA is in possesion of the survelance tapes they were never missing .

The suvelance tapes are not from inside Mjs private quarters as he never had cameras in his rooms. They are most likely surveilance of the parimeter around the house. showing who enetered and left and at what times etc etc

Tell me how we know tapes are really missing now.In factI doubt anyone here was Michael Jackson's security personnel for any period of time is that right? Then who are we to say tapes are there or not based on nothing merely than sensationalized tabloid gossip. Allow me to explain this further; it wouldn't be a fair assumption to bring up missing tapes if in fact, no one here was ever on duty as Jackson's security. Did any of Jackson's security ever mention unlocated tapes or missing aspects of Carolwood surveillance footage ? theres a hunch telling me there's nomissing footage. Its brought to my attention this is nothing merely than speculation of gossip

its been specualtion and gossip since it was firs reported by a tabloid. you are about 18 months to late beechlover

The missing tapes were first mentioned by CNN, on June 26, 2009. It appears now that they got this "news" from the National Enquirer. Whatever. . . .

are you back again??? Don't you read past posted information.?? and your tone ..really is insulting..so please kindly tone it down. Oh yeah..and by the way...your phone is ringing...its Murray.

are you back again??? Don't you read past posted information.?? and your tone ..really is insulting..so please kindly tone it down. Oh yeah..and by the way...your phone is ringing...its Murray.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

This, too, shall pass. . . .

'It's brought to my attention ...." By who, arrogant defense member? The little birdie in your brain? You know/got nothing and you know it, that's why you're coming on here with your mean vengeful self.

now to be fair , the prosecutors said the cameras outside the house were recording 24/7 . When the defence asked for the whole period starting at 1 am until the paramedics left the prosecutors gave them a CD with material of 20 minutes only.

When they kept insisting where was the remaining part , the prosecutors said that's all they got, the judge told them " are you telling me that's everything you have?" and they agreed . They said the home was rented , the owner was not MJ and the defence ( or they) had ( no right ) to ask the real owner of the house, did not quite understand that kind of excuse but from what I read I believe they said that's the only information the owner ( not AEG) shared with them . My understanding.

Later they told the prosecutors those 20 minutes are the only thing anyone could find anywhere of that evening.

So make what you want of their very unusual explanation.

if this is indeed the case and if the prosecutors don't come with a logical explanation or should I say if they don't provide the defence with the whole tape from that day , it will be a HUGE issue during the trial . if a person said the above to me I would not have believed it and I would immediately call them "conspiracy advocates" but I read it myself and certainly I don't believe it was appropriately addressed.

Last edited:

I agree, that's weird.

I didn't understand it exactly the same way, but still it's weird :

Cameras were monitoring the residence gates 24/7

A LAPD tech downloaded stuff from the hard drive. The prosecution gave a few minutes to the defense, because according to the prosecution, that's all they have, and that's all the LAPD say they have.

The cameras and recordings belong to the owner of the house.

The judge ordered the prosecution to find out if there are other recordings, and if so, where they are. Next hearing is on 15th.

Personal note : they could be cameras that start recording when they detect a movement. It would mean that the staff used another entrance, or came flying over the cameras ? Or that this system (movement detection) doesn't work properly at night ?

could be but that explanation was so weird to me, "MJ was not the owner" ohh really so what if he was not the owner ? what kind of explanation is that?

I mean if he said what you said it would have been no issue but the explanation he provided was so pathetic to say the least.

that was not the first time the defence questions them about those tapes , you would think they were prepared with something logical.

Yes, they gave weird answers everytime they were asked.

It's not the first time I suspect them of playing games with the defense, though they don't play as well as the defense. Honestly, if the prosecution playing a few games, given what they're facing, it just sounds OK to me....

I didn't read all the transcripts, just the latest (28th, 2nd, 9th)

We'll see if they raise the subject again on 15th.

Back