Tdcau

Which version do you like better? They both were produced by Spike Lee.

• Brazil version

Votes: 57 31.5%
  • Prison version

Votes: 71 39.2%
  • I like them both equally

Votes: 53 29.3%

• Total voters
That song is one of the most autobiographical ones, love the brazilian version cause of Michael strenght and the Olodum, but the prison version is even more powerful, God he was a genius

I like both versions but Michael wanted the Prison version as he had a message to convey to the world. It was what he wanted but not what the Government wanted, therefore, he had to do th Brazilian version.

the Braziil version was the first music video and song I heard of MJ so I just felt the music and the awesome video that I started to laugh so great it was :D

Brazilian version, because Michael looks extremely hot in it :dribble:

The Brazilian version for the drums, his interaction with the people around him, etc. But, because of the message, the prison version may be more appropriate. Hard one to choose between in this instance, but Brazilian wins out.

While I love the drums and interactions between Michael and the people- I still prefer the prison version.

Simply because it's got the stronger story and is just chock full with symbolism. The prison version also shows you just how underrated Michael was his entire life- media focused in on what they tried to represent as his "freak" tendencies- while the prison version shows you what a genius thinker that man is, who rocked the best Dad jeans in HIStory.
And that genius knew to hire the right director for the job.

It takes cojones :D to be producing that kind of political video. Not to forget the neat use of exciting hand gestures, hmmm, looking good all around. :agree:

They are both in their own right very powerful videos bearing a strong message in their imagery, however, I have a preference for the prison version of TDCAU. It drives the message straight home and cuts everything crystal-clear for the audience. It's a real call-to-arms for us, and the message is delivered explicitly--because we're ALL prisoners, even if we're not literally bound to a tiny space with iron bars. We may as well be, for that is what life has become for the average human being--a slave to a corrupt system, because they don't really care about us.

We are the prisoners, all of us, we're with Michael in that prison. No one takes the time to look around and see how caged they are, how willingly they've complied and have contributed to their own imprisonment. The world is too caught up in its own follies to see the prison it is building for itself. It's rather sad.

Michael is one of the few musicians who really strove to drive that very important truth home. We're all too comfortable inside our prisons, but none of us are free. We're sold our own slavery as a romanticized ideal--and we're fools until the very end, believing in its nonexistent virtue.

The chick that doesn't break free from the egg dies without truly being born. The same goes for the human who is unable to transcend the world's prison. Death and a life that may as well never have been lived, a life of shackles, chained to a system that coldly spectates the demise of an entire species. We've been made into parts of a machine, little worker ants, prisoners...but no more.

That's why TDCAU is my favourite song, and that's why I love the prison version.

both.
the brazilian one has hardly anything to do with the song and i feel like tdcau has so much potential for hardhitting dance like in 'this is it'. but at the same time he looks happy and i'm a sucker for seeing mj happy.
prison version fits better but is less dynamic
ultimately i think this song was perfect for a military theme.. so yeah.
i vote 'this is it' style

While I love the drums and interactions between Michael and the people- I still prefer the prison version.

Simply because it's got the stronger story and is just chock full with symbolism. The prison version also shows you just how underrated Michael was his entire life- media focused in on what they tried to represent as his "freak" tendencies- while the prison version shows you what a genius thinker that man is, who rocked the best Dad jeans in HIStory.
And that genius knew to hire the right director for the job.

It takes cojones :D to be producing that kind of political video. Not to forget the neat use of exciting hand gestures, hmmm, looking good all around. :agree:

I have to go with you Pace. Also notice his strength, power, and energy that seem to come from really deep within him. I voted prison version.

I like both versions.
The Prison Version is very meaningful and it reminds you of the social grievances, racism and violence on this earth.
But if you just want to chill or don't want to be confronted with those big problems, the Brasil Version is more suitable.

I like the Brazil version. Why? Because Michael is outside dancing with people on the streets and having fun with everyone! The Prison one, he's too angry but the video shows a powerful message about racism, violence, etc. But he did look hot, though!

Michael preferred the prison version, and so do I. This video fits in perfectly with the theme and lyrics of the song, which happens to be my favourite of all time.
But I think the Brazil version is good aswell. I'm happy that two videos were made for this song.

The Brazil version because the location was so beautiful, and because the added percussion in the video rocks!

I loved the Brazil version the best. It looked like a lot of fun.

Brazil hands down! The audio is IMMENSE! I like the Oludum part to me it adds more to the song

Back