Teddy Riley Tweets about MJ Estate and the infamous posthumous album - Michael

I think that the next person who takes over the estate should be a fan who cares about Michael's legacy and not some business guy in a suit who only cares about money

I think he kept the little "secret" because he thought talking could screw his chances for other projects with the estate. Now that he saw there's a new project in the work and he's not included, he's all about the truth. Too late, I guess.

The estate is co-operated by Branca and McClain, and McClain didn't have anything to do with the Cascio tracks or their release. He refused to be involved with them because he doesn't believe they're Michael. Meanwhile Branca continued to push them forward. So if any hate is to be put towards any member of the estate, it should only fairly be pointed at Branca.

As a whole I would say that John McClain should remain an executor but Branca should step down. McClain has proved that artistically he is one of the best choices for the estate. Fan reception is largely positive for This Is It, Behind the Mask and Much Too Soon, all of which were produced by him. It is also to my understanding that McClain had a large role in the compilation of the Bad 25 project whereas Branca was the head honcho of Michael. In truth, I feel bad for him because he (as a part of the estate) is being called incompetent and things of the sort when he really is a better choice than Branca.

Regarding Teddy's revelations, I say the best thing he could do is say, "I knew the whole time these songs were fake and I still agreed to produce them. I sold out my best friend and for that, I apologize." If he said something like that I would regain some respect for him. Better late than never. And it would really show that he cares about MJ because he admitted that he sold out. For now I'll just sit back and see how this all pans out.

Nevertheless, I hope that down the line Teddy comes back to produce a few more tunes. I don't care what anybody says, he's a damn good producer. Breaking News and Monster, notwithstanding the controversy, sound better in their 2010 mixes than they do on their original ones (although I am interested in hearing the original mid-tempo mix of the latter song). And I adore the instrumental of Hollywood Tonight, with my only criticisms being towards the bass line (too muted), the processing on the vocals (unnecessary) and the spoken word verse (should have been filled with a guitar solo, per Michael's wishes).

On another note, I think that the heads of the estate should be the trio of Brad Buxer, Michael Prince and John McClain. I'm sure Buxer and Prince have other things in their lives but just think about it. They are some of Michael's most acclaimed collaborators and I'm sure will do the best job of treating the fans.

Nevertheless, I hope that down the line Teddy comes back to produce a few more tunes. I don't care what anybody says, he's a damn good producer. Breaking News and Monster, notwithstanding the controversy, sound better in their 2010 mixes than they do on their original ones (although I am interested in hearing the original mid-tempo mix of the latter song). And I adore the instrumental of Hollywood Tonight, with my only criticisms being towards the bass line (too muted), the processing on the vocals (unnecessary) and the spoken word verse (should have been filled with a guitar solo, per Michael's wishes).

yea indeed, i liked the production too. all of them!
even tho its not perfect on HT, the bridge was a total fail what he did to it.

monster and BN would have been GREAT with MJs voice on it.. pity its not him ://

Yes, we don't know. But they'd probably run it better. Even Bubbles would run it better!

Bubbles can't read and write. He can't talk so how will he give people directives. He does not listen to music. He does not understand these things & has already retired from his profession, which is playing with Michael. I say we leave the animal alone to rest and keep humans in the office to work.

Alwaysthere those statements you are making above, where did they come from, especially, your facts about Branca & McClain, their roles, & what fans like. I assume the Prince part is you opinion, so no confusion there.

Last edited:
Bubbles can't read and write. He can't talk so how will he give people directives. He does not listen to music. He does not understand these things & has already retired from his profession, which is playing with Michael. I say we leave the animal alone to rest and keep humans in the office to work.

Alwaysthere those statements you are making above, where did they come from, especially, your facts about Branca & McClain, their roles, & what fans like. I assume the Prince part is you opinion, so no confusion there.

It was a joke about Bubbles, there's obviously no way a monkey could run anything.

Let's forget for a few seconds $ony and the Estate pretended to sell us those songs as Michael tracks. Leaving aside that, those tracks are horrendous, no matter how much TR "improved" them, they're still hideous songs. What were they thinking when Branca or whoever took the decision to include them? I'm pretty sure Michael has dozens in his vault, even after the trial he was recording in the studio.

It really disappoints me that we could've gotten the beautiful, yes incomplete but still amazing, I Am A Loser or another demo on "Michael," but we got "Keep Your Head Up"... :(

Mr Riley is turning into Randy... He's also forever promising to reveal all kinds of sinister things with him being the innocent victim. What a prophet! I don't want Mr Riley's book and I don't care about his opinion anymore.

The estate is co-operated by Branca and McClain, and McClain didn't have anything to do with the Cascio tracks or their release. He refused to be involved with them because he doesn't believe they're Michael. Meanwhile Branca continued to push them forward. So if any hate is to be put towards any member of the estate, it should only fairly be pointed at Branca.

I thought McClain was dealing with the creative side of projects and Branca with the business side.

A reliable insider that used to use the old Maximum Jackson board told me quite a bit of information. Not sure if he's active anymore; he's been silent ever since the summer of 2012 or so. Regarding the Branca/McClain post, it is my understanding that McClain sort of backed down from the project after the Cascios came into play, although he continued reworking tracks and did have some say on the final track listing. He continued to say that the Cascios weren't real although he was eventually outvoted (in a sense).

Regarding the "what fans like" section, I put that together because I've seen such great acclaim for those three songs. Overwhelming actually, considering the album its on. Of course there are some people who have different opinions, but as a whole those songs seem to be some of the fan community's favorites. And yes, the Prince/Buxer thing was my own opinion. Just how awesome would that be?! :D

I thought McClain was dealing with the creative side of projects and Branca with the business side.

Not with Michael. Branca ultimately did more regarding how the album turned out. With Bad 25, McClain had more of a say in the final outcome.

I liked MICHAEL. I love Dangerous. Teddy and Michael collaborated in the creation of that album. Michael was the architect and Teddy helped him shape it. Michael picked Teddy for a reason. So I will respect Teddy because Michael worked with him on that album and for many years.

I think Teddy has been given a bad rap in the MJ community. He was involved in a project that most MJ fans did not like and the natural thing is to blame him for it. I believe it is unfair.

Timbaland is a good choice even though he never worked with Michael but he has been working with top acts and is accomplishing great things. I don't know what Michael would have thought of Timbaland, but I can speculate that Michael would have noticed his work and maybe would have wanted to work with him. Michael was always in tune with all the latest producers and wanted to collaborate with them. Maybe we will have a huge hit with Timbaland. That would be fantastic.

Of course Teddy R. is upset they didn't choose him. It is human, I would be too. But I totally understand why the estate chose Timabaland. It is a great choice IMO.

Can't wait for the new project!!

It was a joke about Bubbles, there's obviously no way a monkey could run anything.

^^Gee it is a good thing you told me that. There I was thinking a monkey could run a business. It is a good thing you are here to teach me that cannot happen. Thank you for being a good friend.

I guess this is full picture:

T Chandrahasan ?@Trishanth1 Sep
@TeddyRiley1 Truth. Honestly I don't like how Timbaland has been chosen for the next MJ album, he's never worked w him! It shud b u Teddy!

@Trishanth Bro its all good...its the estate thats going against his wishes. Its a political thing right now and true Michael will not bless it. What doesn't go as MJ planned will fail...trust!!! You will see his true fans will not by it.

"What doesn't go as MJ planned will fail...trust!!!" Like no sh*t Sherlock. That's what happened with the Michael album.

He's just mad Timbaland gets to work on it and he doesn't. He blew that chance when he helped 'Michael'--the disaster. Well, Best of Joy, Behind the Mask, Much Too Soon, Hold My Hand, and Hollywood Tonight weren't disasters. But the others, yes. And how is he gonna speak for the fans? He doesn't know what we'll buy. >.<

I'm sorry, I just can't take this dude seriously. After he went along with the 'MJ is alive' charade, and was calling people ninjas.

He's a joke to me. xD

This has got to be a joke, otherwise I am very much interested in how you think that I am not in that position.

Well, you own this forum. Thats it. Thanks & respect, but if you think that running such a forum for the international MJ community enables you to generally "allow" certain topics to be discussed and certain others not, that comes across incredibly arrogant and autocratic. It SHOULD not be part of your job here. No joke.

Last edited:
McClain has proved that artistically he is one of the best choices for the estate. Fan reception is largely positive for This Is It, Behind the Mask and Much Too Soon, all of which were produced by him.

If you ask me, who ever remixed "Behind The Mask" for the Michael album, ruined it for good.
The newly produced music is still somewhat acceptable for a new remix, but all those copy-pasted slightly-out-of-tune "eeeh hehehe"s completely ruin it. Who ever produced that remix should realize he's nothing but an amateur. Listen to Greg Phillinganes 80s cover version, replace his voice with Michaels, and its probably pretty exactly the original version that the estate doesn't want us to enjoy.

Is that the same guy who though adding a cheesy fisherman's accordion to the otherwise finished "Much Too Soon" was a good idea? It's probably also up to this persons genius that the "Hollywood Tonight" video single was tastefully released with a copy-pasted Billie Jean beat.

If that's McClaim... then no thanks.

For me the best production on the "Michael" album was Teddy's "Monster". Just a pitty its not Michael singing on top. Could have been killer.

Last edited:
^^Gee it is a good thing you told me that. There I was thinking a monkey could run a business. It is a good thing you are here to teach me that cannot happen. Thank you for being a good friend.

No problem :)

haha sorry :flowers:

If you ask me, who ever remixed "Behind The Mask" for the Michael album, ruined it for good.
The newly produced music is still somewhat acceptable for a new remix, but all those copy-pasted slightly-out-of-tune "eeeh hehehe"s completely ruin it. Who ever produced that remix should realize he's nothing but an amateur. Listen to Greg Phillinganes 80s cover version, replace his voice with Michaels, and its probably pretty exactly the original version that the estate doesn't want us to enjoy.

Is that the same guy who though adding a cheesy fisherman's accordion to the otherwise finished "Much Too Soon" was a good idea? It's probably also up to this persons genius that the "Hollywood Tonight" video single was tastefully released with a copy-pasted Billie Jean beat.

If that's McClaim... then no thanks.

For me the best production on the "Michael" album was Teddy's "Monster". Just a pitty its not Michael singing on top. Could have been killer.

they actually ruined every single on that album.
hold my hand was ok but too weak for a mj banger track.

hollywood tonight... why on hell would u copy paste the exact same beat of billie jean? horrible dicision. why not taking the beat of the demo? or at least teddys version.
also mjs voice in this video edit was weird, it sounded too hollow and weak in the mix. some people said to me, mj sounds ill/sick on that track and that he wasnt able to sing well anymore. you can see how they ruined the HT single by that.

and behind the mask, actually nobody cared about that one, it sounded too dated imo for a single release in 2011

they actually ruined every single on that album.
hold my hand was ok but too weak for a mj banger track.

hollywood tonight... why on hell would u copy paste the exact same beat of billie jean? horrible dicision. why not taking the beat of the demo? or at least teddys version.
also mjs voice in this video edit was weird, it sounded too hollow and weak in the mix. some people said to me, mj sounds ill/sick on that track and that he wasnt able to sing well anymore. you can see how they ruined the HT single by that.

I like the "Hollywood Tonight" abum version. One of the few rather authentic MJ songs on that album.
The single version (with the BJ beat) will hopefully be forgotten soon.

When I first heard the HT album mix I was so excited. Thought it was classic, authentic MJ. But no, it wouldn't be right to have something like that then. That song was the ish for me and still is in some aspect. The video mix was just ewww, who made that crap?

(on topic) Teddy Riley bragged about having "Joy" singing what it sounded like. I guess he's right in the fact things have to change but why mention that in the detail he did only to not want it released? Ever since he re-surfaced in 2009/2010 he's been such a dick.

Well, you own this forum. Thats it. Thanks & respect, but if you think that running such a forum for the international MJ community enables you to generally "allow" certain topics to be discussed and certain others not, that comes across incredibly arrogant and autocratic. It SHOULD not be part of your job here. No joke.

You seem to be speaking from a very misinformed place.. Like any other board we have rules to abide by but we do not censor within reason what can be discussed. We do allow Cascio track discussion, Believer discussions, conspiracy discussions etc etc on MJJC. We provide our members designated forums and threads where these controversial topics can be discussed and debated in order to keep other threads on topic and protected from being derailed.

Gaz does not have a job here he actually owns here lock stock and barrel. This is a private owned forum. Even if he didn't want certain topics discussed on his board , I wouldnt call that arrogant, just his personal preferrence for the vision of his own board. But I can tell you he does try to accommodate ALL MJ fans here regardless of their views and opinions and allows them to discuss apposing opinions without being attacked or personally insulted for those views. He also protects members from being subjected to derails and discussions of those topics in threads that are for meant for other topics. Many are weary over Cascio discussions derailing every thread. So we provided a solution to accomodate all our members.

The main rule we enforce on MJJC is no one is to personally attack or insult our members or staff for their opinions and views on various topics. That gives them protection and freedom to discuss what they want here. Being staff I would also enforce that rule for insulting the owner as well. In my opinion telling the owner how he should run his own forum and calling him arrogant is a personal insult and attack on his integrity and is out of line on your part. Especially when what you are attacking him over is not the case here. IMO Being you are informed now maybe an apology is in order. but that's up to you how you settle this.

You seem to be speaking from a very misinformed place.. Like any other board we have rules to abide by but we do not censor within reason what can be discussed. We do allow Cascio track discussion, Believer discussions, conspiracy discussions etc etc on MJJC. We provide our members designated forums and threads where these controversial topics can be discussed and debated in order to keep other threads on topic and protected from being derailed.

Gaz does not have a job here he actually owns here lock stock and barrel. This is a private owned forum. Even if he didn't want certain topics discussed on his board , I wouldnt call that arrogant, just his personal preferrence for the vision of his own board. But I can tell you he does try to accommodate ALL MJ fans here regardless of their views and opinions and allows them to discuss apposing opinions without being attacked or personally insulted for those views. He also protects members from being subjected to derails and discussions of those topics in threads that are for meant for other topics. Many are weary over Cascio discussions derailing every thread. So we provided a solution to accomodate all our members.

The main rule we enforce on MJJC is no one is to personally attack or insult our members or staff for their opinions and views on various topics. That gives them protection and freedom to discuss what they want here. Being staff I would also enforce that rule for insulting the owner as well. In my opinion telling the owner how he should run his own forum and calling him arrogant is a personal insult and attack on his integrity and is out of line on your part. Especially when what you are attacking him over is not the case here. IMO Being you are informed now maybe an apology is in order. but that's up to you how you settle this.

You think i need to apologize if i think someone comes across arrogant and autocratic with a specific statement? :) This was about a specific phrase that i quoted, which seemes to say that otherwise any Cascio bashing threads will not be tollerated. If it was meant as i understood it, this insulted my sense of freedom on here. And i remember that indeed a lot of negative Cascio threads/posts were removed and a lot of people were banned for discussing those topics on here, back when the "Michael" album was released. Did any of the staff here ever apologize for overreacting with this? So far with apologies...

In general I think providing grounds for an existing fan base is a public service where no ground-owner should bring in personal preferences in regards to what opinions on certain topics should be allowed and which not. Simple. It's all about the right perspective. It's not like any fanbase exists because of one Forum. The Forum exists because there is an existing audience.

Censorship is a touchy subject for any forum, and any owner and staff should be very sensetive towards how things in that direction are phrased. That's all.

Last edited:
^^ I didn't mean to imply you owe an apology, I said maybe one was in order for the way you responded. I don't require one from you and i don't think Gaz requires one. He was just questioning the way you responded. Maybe Gaz didn't choose the correct words with his statement and just maybe you overreacted in your response to his comment. He was not censoring this thread, he was just setting the perimeter of what this topic of this thread was. The fact that you know (we do allow Cascio authenticity debate and discussion on the board in the designated forum) you could have asked in different tone. IMO. you may see it different and that is your preogotive, We don't have to agree on that. Your opinion is duly noted.

Censorship is a touchy subject for any forum, and any owner and staff should be very sensetive towards how things in that direction are phrased. That's all.
I can respect your view about censorship and being sensitive over it.

Did any of the staff here ever apologize for overreacting with this? So far with apologies...
YES there was a public heartfelt apology posted from the owner himself over that issue. That was a hard time for all concerned, Everyone was grieving, devastated and not knowing how to deal with all the division, but through these trials we came up with a solution to try accommodate all fans as best we can. I hope you and the other members can at least appreciate that.

Mod hat on .. :chef:
In order to keep this thread on track, please PM any further personal concerns or questions you may have so we don't derail this thread off topic with it.

Give us the raw acapellas for each song. That would be more than enough.

I know we've got the BN one but people still think these are him so if they heard these they sure as hell wouldn't afterwards.

Please note: Once again to clarify the TOPIC of this thread. As stated in the opening Post, This thread is NOT a Cascio debate or authenticity thread. Please keep on topic of Teddy Riley's recent comments, what you feel he may have to offer, what you think of his involvement in producing these tracks are or what his motives or intentions may be by making such statements.

If you want to discuss and or debate that issue outside of Teddy Riley's recent activity or involvement, you are more than welcome to do that in the ongoing thread in our controversy forum. "Michael - The Great Album Debate" Your post/comments may be moved to that forum so you can continue discussing it with out derailing the topic of this thread. http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/99883-Michael-The-Great-Album-Debate

Thank you for your cooperation. and as always if you have any questions or concerns PM do not reply or discuss moderation requests on the board.

If I were in Teddy's shoes I'd probably feel the same.. Im sure he has some type of entitlement to work on MJ's work, and a bit of jealousy he was not picked..

We will have to see the final product to really make our own judgement! I hope Tim does a great job.. If not, well - we will see.

Can someone ask TR if he has even written this book yet? When is he planning to release and who is his publisher? I starting to doubt he even has a book in the making yet. Is there any info about it except for his sparse mentions about it in twitter when he tries to stir the pot. He doesn't want to answer anything directly so he just says wait for my book. He has said that since 2010 and it's now 2013. I also don't think it's always wise to burn bridges as he has done. I can't ask him because he blocked me in 2010 for questioning why he was following believers telling them MJ was alive while blocking and mocking legit fans questioning authenticity of BN.

Back