Teddy Riley Tweets about MJ Estate and the infamous posthumous album - Michael

I guess this is full picture:

T Chandrahasan ?@Trishanth1 Sep
@TeddyRiley1 Truth. Honestly I don't like how Timbaland has been chosen for the next MJ album, he's never worked w him! It shud b u Teddy!

@Trishanth Bro its all good...its the estate thats going against his wishes. Its a political thing right now and true Michael will not bless it. What doesn't go as MJ planned will fail...trust!!! You will see his true fans will not by it.

Whatever he has to say, it's irrelevant to me. This is the man who went on Oprah and numerous radio shows to say the song are legit and to make it even worse, he then went along with the "MJ is alive" thing.

While loosing his career, he lost his damn mind in the process.

T Chandrahasan ?@Trishanth1 Sep
@TeddyRiley1 Truth. Honestly I don't like how Timbaland has been chosen for the next MJ album, he's never worked w him! It shud b u Teddy!

@Trishanth Bro its all good...its the estate thats going against his wishes. Its a political thing right now and true Michael will not bless it. What doesn't go as MJ planned will fail...trust!!! You will see his true fans will not by it.

It seems he is mad that he has not been chosen for the album? :)

mkgenie;3898837 said:

T Chandrahasan &#8207;<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s>Trishanth<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px; ">1 Sep</small>
<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 181, 210); ">@</s>TeddyRiley1 Truth. Honestly I don't like how Timbaland has been chosen for the next MJ album, he's never worked w him! It shud b u Teddy!

Why not to face such things in life with dignity?

I do not really like Timbaland myself&#8230; but I think everything will be ok and I&#8217;m ready to give it a chance. I'm happy about this news.

And how anyone know that Michael would NOT bless it ?!!!

Why we're even paying the slightest bit of attention to what this guy has to say I don't know.

He has zero credibility.

I don't like the "Michael" situation either.
But what was Teddy supposed to do? By the sounds of it, he signed a contract to remix material that they will provide him with. A contract is supposed to be binding, he probably had no choice than to do it despite his doubts. Blame the Estate/Sony.

Timbaland creates his music for MTV, Michael created for whole world.

Teddy worked with Michael. He was in the studio when MJ recording & creating his music. Timbaland was not. He never worked with MJ

Show me hits like "Jam - Can't Let Her Get Away - Why You Wanna Trip On Me - Remember The Time" that Timbaland created. His music lives just 1-2 years (for MTV kids). Michael's will live forever.

I remember Timbaland talked about MJ on MTV (after he passed) Guy asked; Did Michael effect you when you creating your Music? Timbaland said; No

I always prefer Teddy to Timbaland.

Timbaland's sound is always the same. You can understand a song belongs to Timbaland. But Michael's sound is different than any other. Also his songs totally different. Billie Jean is different than Beat It, Beat It is different than Smooth Criminal, Smooth Criminal is different than Remember the time .......

This album may be important for Timbaland, but not for Michael and for us. Now he has the worlds best vocal to create his music. I hope he doesn't make mistake(s)

Timbaland creates his music for MTV, Michael created for whole world.

Teddy worked with Michael. He was in the studio when MJ recording & creating his music. Timbaland was not. He never worked with MJ

Show me hits like "Jam - Can't Let Her Get Away - Why You Wanna Trip On Me - Remember The Time" that Timbaland created. His music lives just 1-2 years (for MTV kids). Michael's will live forever.

I remember Timbaland talked about MJ on MTV (after he passed) Guy asked; Did Michael effect you when you creating your Music? Timbaland said; No

I always prefer Teddy to Timbaland.

Timbaland's sound is always the same. You can understand a song belongs to Timbaland. But Michael's sound is different than any other. Also his songs totally different. Billie Jean is different than Beat It, Beat It is different than Smooth Criminal, Smooth Criminal is different than Remember the time .......

This album may be important for Timbaland, but not for Michael and for us. Now he has the worlds best vocal to create his music. I hope he doesn't make mistake(s)

Do I really need to say more about Teddy's mixing skills?

I had really alot of respect for you riley for years Wreakz n effect ..... Dangerous and now it's gone. Another motherfunker just out for the money.You lead pure deceit after death.You had a hand in driving the fanbase apart when we were at our most sensitive and You a pure motherfunker. funk off.get out my face.
We don't need you.

This guys credibility is ruined in many fans eyes after the 'Michael' debacle BUT In my opinion, some people are too hard on him IMO.

It is possible that he signed a contract before hearing the material he was supposed to work with. By the time he started work it IS possible that it was too late for him to get out of the contract (without significant penalty) and so he mixed the music as required. It may also be possible that as part of that contract he WAS REQUIRED to go out and promote the album. During those promotion interviews etc he would not be allowed to criticise the album being promoted and so had to defend it.

Now, I'm not saying you should all change your mind about Riley, but I do think many of you are blinded to the reality of the way the music business works.

I do think the timing of these tweets is an attempt to promote his own book, rather than set the record straight, which sucks.

I haven't seen a recent message from him saying he believes the vocals are real or fake. He probably wants to avoid that discussion.
He probably did take on that project out of respect for MJ. After all, he did work with him for years, and it's possible that he did the best he could with the limited time he had and the material provided to him.

It's been years people, we don't need to continue some pointless crusade against a project that is long dead. Move on.

I think Teddy Riley is fake. And his real problem is that he wasn't selected to produce the next album. He says in that tweet: " What doesn't go as MJ planned will fail...trust!!!" LOL! Like the songs you produced on the Michael album, Teddy? Look who's talking!

Sorry, but I can't take him seriously.

"Michael" album is totally awful: not just for Teddy; for Estate, for Sony...

hate teddy Riley for good, whatever he has to say in the future will not make up for wasting 14 minutes on an unreleased Michael Jackson Album. it sold 2.5 million copies worldwide, 7 are real.. and we know about the rest tbh

Teddy has no clue whether the songs are MJ or not. He said one thing, then he stated the opposite, then he admitted that he simply produced what he was given and "only Michael knows". So I wouldn't expect much from his book other than drama based on speculation. He has nothing to reveal. From his tweets I get only that he is fed up with fans attacking him.

The only possible way for us to discover real evidence is to file a lawsuit.

No. He stated adamantly that the songs were fake to those he was working with. I can tell you that for a fact. He knew that right from the beginning yet chose to work on them anyway. That's why there was a fallout.

Also, Riley stated in 2010 that he did NOT have a contract until after working on the songs. He was probably talking nonsense then too but either way he had every opportunity to stop and walk away.

I am interested to see where this goes. If he does come out to expose the truth about those tracks, I would be very pleased about that. He is still a sellout even if he comes clean now, because he went along with it the entire time and berated fans who doubted the tracks, Taryll Jackson, etc. But imo coming clean too late is still beter than just continuing the facade, like Eddie Cascio does. And he is the one responsible for these tracks in the first place.

Of course Teddy has credibility issues, but as WildStyle pointed out in the Great Album Debate thread, he has way more to lose by speaking out against these tracks rather than just keeping his mouth shut about them.

He probably helped Michael but he's the genius and mastermind behind Dangerous and Blood On The Dance Floor as some of you mentioned, not Riley. Besides Michael's albums, he doesn't stand on his own right.
Of course I get the anger about Teddy but I disagree with this. There is a reason why MJ wanted to work with Teddy Riley in the first place. His late 80s/early 90s pioneering New Jack Swing work was strong and had a big impact.

Michael was the one with the ideas, the knowledge and the talent to realise what his albums and Song's should be like. Michael was the architect behind Dangerous & BOTDF. All I think Teddy did was be present and get told what to do from the vision of Michael's craft.
Not true. Teddy did have a significant impact on the sound of Dangerous. His signature style is all over the tracks they did together. Just compare the demo of Dangerous (the song) and the finished version. Michael himself said that Teddy was responsible for the change in sound.

Naturally, I do agree that MJ was the mastermind behind those albums. I also think he brought the best out of Teddy. But to say Teddy did not contribute anything is simply not true.

I am interested to know what he has to say because I am not so convinced that those tracks were not Michael singing. Yes, yes, I know there are some here that are totally certain it is fact that it wasn't Michael singing, and yes I am aware of the reasons people think this, but I am just not convinced either way. I think it is possible, but I am not going to join the lynch mob against anyone.

There is a reason why MJ wanted to work with Teddy Riley in the first place. His late 80s/early 90s pioneering New Jack Swing work was strong and had a big impact.

Teddy did have a significant impact on the sound of Dangerous. His signature style is all over the tracks they did together. Just compare the demo of Dangerous (the song) and the finished version. Michael himself said that Teddy was responsible for the change in sound.

This is all true, thank you for pointing it out.

Lark

No. He stated adamantly that the songs were fake to those he was working with. I can tell you that for a fact. He knew that right from the beginning yet chose to work on them anyway. That's why there was a fallout.

Also, Riley stated in 2010 that he did NOT have a contract until after working on the songs. He was probably talking nonsense then too but either way he had every opportunity to stop and walk away.

Exactly. He also made some comment about how he knew but he thought if he did it they would give him a real Michael Jackson song to do. The thing is there was so much tweets, cussing and back and forth during those early days of BN that no one can claim now that they did not know or say specific comments. At one point we had put all his tweets on one page together in the thread. Of course we have to take into consideration that he tweets in slang at times.

Whether he did good on Dangerous or not is not the point here. This is only about the album Michael right now.

Even if he reveals the truth, I will still have zero respect for him. He was part of it and got paid. Now due to some reason, which I don't know what it is, he decides to expose something. He is a jerk. He helped them put on the album songs that were filled with a non-Michael voice, and pretended the whole song was Michael singing. Who in the business will trust this man again? He helped someone do something underhand, and then he snitches on the person after he spends the money.

EXACTLY! Things like this "Michael" disaster is why I rarely (if ever) purchase posthumous albums. As far as I'm concerned, INVINCIBLE is Michael's last album. I'm satisfied with his huge catalog (from his Jackson 5 years to Invincible). Too bad most fans aren't. As long as you keep opening yourself to buy anything and everything Michael, that fake ish will continue to be pumped out and sold to you. Part of the blame lies with the FANS, too. That mess wasn't being aimed at people that DON'T like Michael Jackson. Look at that man (or woman) in the mirror and check YOURSELVES.

It still baffles me how no-one has been removed from working on behalf of the estate for this

The Michael album was created out of sheer greed. Michael's own children and mother requested that they not include those songs yet they were completely ignored because all they were interested in was the money they thought they were going to make.

All I will say with regards to the songs themselves is that I encourage you to listen to all 12. Doing so raises some serious questions beyond simple authenticity.

Yeah, Fall In Love is especially horrible.....there's so many questions that need answering...

Such as how on earth did they fall for it in the first place?

Yeah, I personally think they knew, they MUST have known, they sound nothing like Michael.....or they were so desperate that they just took whatever songs they could get. I would also like to know how they were recorded. How they had enough time to do all those songs.

Yeah, I personally think they knew, they MUST have known, they sound nothing like Michael.....or they were so desperate that they just took whatever songs they could get. I would also like to know how they were recorded. How they had enough time to do all those songs.

They had plenty of time. The songs existence wasn't known about by anybody until almost 10 months after Michael died.

They had plenty of time. The songs existence wasn't known about by anybody until almost 10 months after Michael died.

Oh, well. That makes a bit more sense lol. I also saw a video with Frank cascio saying that there was another version of breaking news lol. I suppose he has to keep the lie going now.

Oh, well. That makes a bit more sense lol. I also saw a video with Frank cascio saying that there was another version of breaking news lol. I suppose he has to keep the lie going now.

They tried to make the excuse that the wrong version of Breaking News was uploaded. They are identical.

They tried to make the excuse that the wrong version of Breaking News was uploaded. They are identical.

The wrong version? Are you talking about the demo version? The vocals are the exact same then. Do you think there was actually any processing done to the vocals. The only songs I think sound processed are BN and BT.

looks like someone is changing their minds now smh

The Michael album was created out of sheer greed. Michael's own children and mother requested that they not include those songs yet they were completely ignored because all they were interested in was the money they thought they were going to make.

All I will say with regards to the songs themselves is that I encourage you to listen to all 12. Doing so raises some serious questions beyond simple authenticity.

I have listened to all 12, I agree that Breaking News for example doesn't really sound like him. It could be that it is someone else with added false vibrato and some Michael sound bites thrown in to make it pass for Michael, I also think it's possible that Michael was singing in his lower register and with the processing sounds really wrong. Whatever your opinion is, we just don't know the facts but that's not the point.

The point is, even if it is all true and the tracks are fake and we're about to find out and all this stuff people are saying, I don't think a witch hunt is the answer.

So whatever the intentions of those who made it, which is still a matter of opinion, I appreciated the album for what it was. No where near perfect, not created by Michael, but songs about the things Michael cared about, done in a similar style to the way he might have done. It's just what I think.

Lark

The wrong version? Are you talking about the demo version? The vocals are the exact same then. Do you think there was actually any processing done to the vocals. The only songs I think sound processed are BN and BT.

No very little.

@Lark..the vibrato is not manufactured. It belongs to the singer.

Back