The Backstreet Boys...

MJsSusie

Proud Member
Ok. I'm having MAJOR 90's flashbacks.

I know most of you were around then and those not let me just say these boys can SING their ASS'S off. For Real! There was the battle of the Boybands and imo BSB were by FAR better then *Nsync.

NOW What i am about to say goes out to ALL the haters. I simply dont care what your opinion is about these 4 (soon to be 5 again) boys. Jealousy is not a complementing color on anyone. If you think you have something constructive to say by all means post it but if it disrespects these boys i will stick up for them like i do Michael. If you have a hateful post i suggest you think twice or even thrice about posting because if its full of hate i dont want to read it and it would waste your typing skill and my time.

NOW with that said I LOVE THEM TO DEATH!!! Sweet D. ,B-rok, Bone, Kaos love them they are all killer. BUT MY boy has always been howie (Sweet D.) He fits his nickname. And his HIPS will send you to an early grave. B-Rok is super cute/funny/hot. And then there is Bone aka AJ McLean! his nickname doesn't really fit him ;) hes had a few problems in his past but all in all hes a fantastic guy. Very sweet.

All the boys have had issues with something or other but all stay grounded. These boys were the first reality show. They are the reason behind American Idol and all the other shows. Making the band tried their best to recreate these guys by forming O-Town... If you remember that show you remember the Hawaiian Kevin. ANYWhooo...

My boys are back in my life and for once i am LOVING all their songs again. Let me also say that not only do these guys make fabtastic f*cking Music but they have Hearts of GOLD! Howie heads the Dorough Lupus foundation founded after his sister Caroline Died, and Brian is all about Heart health.

If you wanna listen to some kick ass music, Other then Michael's and the Jackson 5, i suggest giving these boys a listen or a revisit. Worth it and worth reliving the memories.

Alright you guys. Let's be cool. :)

I have to say that I absolutely loved BSB. I remember I would have to duke it out with Nsync fans who were trying to throw dirt. But I held my ground. I don't care what anyone saya, BSB had some cleverly crafted, groundbreaking pop.

I am watching the show Unsung and they are featuring FullForce. They are talking about the hit they did for BSB, All I have to give. I had no idea they did that song. Kudos to them; as it was top notch.

So you say they are going to be a quintet again? Kevin is coming back? He was always my favorite! :naughty:

Good stuff! :)

yea he changed his fb page from a community back to a band/music page! cant wait

I simply don't understand why BSB fans and Nsync fans had to throw dirt to each other, maybe because I live outside US.
I like both of them equally. BSB are more classic and keep bringing stuffs we expect, with sometimes a few surprises of course. Nsync IMO are more surprising and did more new stuffs. Personally I think Celebrity was a pretty decent album. Too bad they are not singing together anymore.

BTW is Kevin really coming back? From what I read in Wikipedia, I thought he was just temporarily rejoining the other folks during the tour. But if he is really coming back, that would be the most exciting news!

I used to listen to their music a lot.
They idolize R&B groups like BoyzIIMen, so when it comes to their ballads, many of them are pop-R&B, which was the IN thing back in the day.
For example, Black&Blue album has some nice tunes like, Shape Of My Heart, Time, and More Than That.

Just in case no one has noticed, Kevin Richardson is officially rejoining BSB. Check their official website for the video.
Now if you'll excuse me, as a full-grown 26-year-old man, I have to go and scream under my pillow like a pretty little girl.

They were a big part of my early teen years. :) I went to see them in concert in 1999. I never liked N-Sync, my friend and I were always team BSB lol. My favorite one was Brian. I always thought he was the cutest one. Anyway heheh I still kinda like them. Occasionally I hear their older songs played in public. Brings me a lot of nostalgia.

my 2 favorite boy bands are back together and TOURING together... New Kids on the Block and BSB!!! Oh The memories of have of NKOTB!!! Jordan was/is my favorite and still looks as good as he did way back when.

The Nsync thing was well because of AJ lol he stole Chris's then gf. he said they had broken up but idk Chris still liked her or something.

I went to the NKOTBSB concert last Wednesday and oh my, that was one nostalgic trip for me lol. Loved every minute of it, even though I only know a few NKOTB songs, the BSB were worth it all! And this is coming from a hardcore Take That girlie lol.

By the way, someone uploaded the concert NKOTBSB did a few nights ago in London on youtube!

yep i got that. OMG im so happy someone else loves them Im going to start a new thread but yea anyway lol Im a bsbgirl and a Blockhead lol.

Kevin is coming back? He was my favourite!!
I used to be a Spice Girls' fan and my sister of BSB's and during the time we shared the same room my side was covered with Spice Girls and hers with Backstreet Boys, lol :D Now that I'm older I've learned to like BSB too, sure the 90's music is what it is but that's why I love it and they have some catchy tunes!!

Ahh good old 90's boybands. Ahh yes. Hanson anyone?
lol, I think anybody who was a kid/teen in the 90's loved the Backstreet Boys. I was a really young child, a 1993 baby, when BSB and all them were popular but I remember the craze and still sing along to their songs today. Just can't turn it off when it comes on the radio. Cannot resist it! haha. I'm not surprised that I'm a New Kids on the Block fan (small fan ha). Saw them in concert during their tour back in 2009! Oh yeaaahhh.

Im a HUGE BSB fan!!! Im so excitied about Kevin comming back and they are recording a new album as we speak!! Ive been a huge bsb fan for as long as i can remmeber. since 96, 97 at least. i've gone to 6 BSB concerts and last summer i went to the NKOTBSB tour and it was AMAZING!!! They were amazing together! Im so glad BSB is still around and I was also a HUGE Nsync fan and i still am a fan of nsync and i to never got why fans of bsb and nsync hated each other back then. it was so childish and stupid. but its in the past now, thank god lol. Thanks for making a thread about BSB! :)

Ahh good old 90's boybands. Ahh yes. Hanson anyone?
lol, I think anybody who was a kid/teen in the 90's loved the Backstreet Boys. I was a really young child, a 1993 baby, when BSB and all them were popular but I remember the craze and still sing along to their songs today. Just can't turn it off when it comes on the radio. Cannot resist it! haha. I'm not surprised that I'm a New Kids on the Block fan (small fan ha). Saw them in concert during their tour back in 2009! Oh yeaaahhh.

sorry i didnt notice you mentioned Hanson? are you a Fanson to??? Because i totally am!!! since 97!! :)

LOL I was in L O V E with Nicholas Gene Carter ya'll. But I grew out of it and it was because I began to re-play MJ's music back in the day, around 2002. But I do love them still and they do sing their arses off. I remember being super sad when Kevin left the group, I kinda updated on them early this year since my college classmates and I were having a MAJOR 90's flashback lol, but then I lost track of their activities and stuff. Is Kevin back with them? anyway, I was just listening to a few of their songs today, last one being The Call. after Millenium Black and Blue was my fave record. I had tons of magazines, posters, notebooks, folders etc hahha. I was such a big fan I'm tellin' ya. I don't know why people always liked N'sync better, I mean yeah they had justin and JC who pretty much performed all the main vocals but the BSB had AJ, Brian, Nick who were awesome lead singers and then when Kevin and Howie had their part it was equally good. I don't remember Lance and all the rest of the N'sync guys ever having solos or anything. Anyway, KEEP THE BSB PRIDE ALIVE! :D

Last edited:
LOL I was in L O V E with Nicholas Gene Carter ya'll. But I grew out of it and it was because I began to re-play MJ's music back in the day, around 2002. But I do love them still and they do sing their arses off. I remember being super sad when Kevin left the group, I kinda updated on them early this year since my college classmates and I were having a MAJOR 90's flashback lol, but then I lost track of their activities and stuff. Is Kevin back with them? anyway, I was just listening to a few of their songs today, last one being The Call. after Millenium Black and Blue was my fave record. I had tons of magazines, posters, notebooks, folders etc hahha. I was such a big fan I'm tellin' ya. I don't know why people always liked N'sync better, I mean yeah they had justin and JC who pretty much performed all the main vocals but the BSB had AJ, Brian, Nick who were awesome lead singers and then when Kevin and Howie had their part it was equally good. I don't remember Lance and all the rest of the N'sync guys ever having solos or anything. Anyway, KEEP THE BSB PRIDE ALIVE! :D

omg who wasnt in love with Nick! i know i was! actually i was in love with all 5! haha! i never had a fave. bsb. they are just all amazing! yes Kevin is back! he is back with the guys as we speak recording a brand new album! how long long did you loose track of bsb? well just so you know Aj, Nick, and Howie have solo albums. Aj is working on a new solo album also, and he also just got married this december and just annouced that him and his wife Rochelle are expecting a baby! If you want to check out aj's solo album its called Have it all. its amazing!!! not a single song on there i dont love!I was a nsync fan to back in the day and i never got why fans were so bitter towards one another. it was crazy. have you got any of bsb's newer albums? Never Gone (2005), Unbreakable(2008), and This Is us (2010)?

omg who wasnt in love with Nick! i know i was! actually i was in love with all 5! haha! i never had a fave. bsb. they are just all amazing! yes Kevin is back! he is back with the guys as we speak recording a brand new album! how long long did you loose track of bsb? well just so you know Aj, Nick, and Howie have solo albums. Aj is working on a new solo album also, and he also just got married this december and just annouced that him and his wife Rochelle are expecting a baby! If you want to check out aj's solo album its called Have it all. its amazing!!! not a single song on there i dont love!I was a nsync fan to back in the day and i never got why fans were so bitter towards one another. it was crazy. have you got any of bsb's newer albums? Never Gone (2005), Unbreakable(2008), and This Is us (2010)?

I know right, but at that time I had a thing for blondes lol. I also liked Lance from N'sync! little did I know I wouldn't have a shot with him even if I wanted to, sigh. But yeah, later I began to realize everyone was amazing and stopped having faves. I'm SO SO happy with this you're telling me, Kevin back with BSB!! yaaay! I do admit it's been a while since my last update on their careers. It's such a shame, I've been into other stuff these years, so it was not likely for me to go back and check out what they've been doing. I will now, in fact I checked every time they released their past 3 albums, I just didn't take the time to listen to them fully. I'll have to check them all out, and congrats to AJ and his wife yay! :D

I know right, but at that time I had a thing for blondes lol. I also liked Lance from N'sync! little did I know I wouldn't have a shot with him even if I wanted to, sigh. But yeah, later I began to realize everyone was amazing and stopped having faves. I'm SO SO happy with this you're telling me, Kevin back with BSB!! yaaay! I do admit it's been a while since my last update on their careers. It's such a shame, I've been into other stuff these years, so it was not likely for me to go back and check out what they've been doing. I will now, in fact I checked every time they released their past 3 albums, I just didn't take the time to listen to them fully. I'll have to check them all out, and congrats to AJ and his wife yay! :D

lol i think we all had things for blondes! i did for sure lol. Im glad i can update you some about BSB and Kevins return. They were just on GMA to annouce they are in London recording the new album and will be back on GMA to perform a concert on Aug. 31st! im so excitied for that! ist so great to have Kevin back and have then back as a whole group! you'll enjoy the albums you missed. they are awesome! and im so happy for Aj and his wife! he's gonna be such a wonderful dad! :)

Backstreet Boys Announce New Studio Album and Summer Tour

By James Rettig, New York | May 15, 2013 2:44 PM EDT

Following the example of New Kids on the Block and 98 Degrees, Backstreet Boys will release a new studio album in 2013. "In A World Like This" will be released on July 30, and three days later, the Boys will kick off a North American tour in Chicago.

On Wednesday morning (May 15), the five members of BSB appeared on "Good Morning America" and premiered a new song, "Permanent Stain." The upcoming album's first single, “In a World Like This,” is set to be released on June 25, and is said to be a return to the bombastic hooks of their earlier work.

"We always want to top our previous albums," Nick Carter says in a press statement. "All five of us were determined to create an album where every song could be a single."

The album and tour announcement comes on the heels of the band’s 20th anniversary in April, in which they were awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Recorded in London and Los Angeles with producers like Max Martin, Martin Terefe and Justin Trugman, "In a World Like This" marks the recording return of Kevin Richardson, who departed the group following 2005's "Never Gone" and returned to BSB in 2012.

Tickets for Backstreet Boys' upcoming tour go on sale on Friday (May 17). Those who purchase tickets will be given "Permanent Stain" as a free download.

Backstreet Boys debuted albums atop the Billboard 200 twice, once for "Millennium" in 1999 and again for "Black & Blue" in 2000. Their last album, "This Is Us," debuted at No. 9 on the chart.

Check out the Backstreet Boys' upcoming tour dates below:

August 2: Chicago, IL (Charter One Pavilion at Northerly Island)
August 3: St. Louis, MO (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
August 4: Toledo, OH (Toledo Zoo Amphitheater)
August 6: Montreal, QB (Bell Centre)
August 7: Toronto, ON (Molson Canadian Amphitheater)
August 8: Detroit, MI (DTE Energy Music Theatre)
August 9: Cincinnati, OH (PNC Pavilion)
August 10: Cleveland, OH (Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica)
August 12: Boston, MA (Bank of America Pavilion)
August 13: Wantagh, NY (Nikon at Jones Beach Theater)
August 15: Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
August 16: Camden, NJ (Susquehanna Bank Center)
August 17: Virginia Beach, VA (Farm Bureau Live)
August 20: Raleigh, NC (Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion)
August 21: Charlotte, NC (Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre)
August 22: Atlanta, GA (Chastain Park Amphitheatre)
August 23: Tampa, FL (Live Nation Amphitheatre)
August 25: West Palm Beach, FL (Cruzan Amphitheatre)
August 28: San Antonio, TX (AT&T Center)
August 30: Dallas, TX (Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie)
August 31: Houston, TX (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)
September 5: Phoenix, AZ (Comerica Theatre)
September 6: Irvine, CA (Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre)
September 7: Las Vegas, NV (Mandalay Bay Events Center)
September 8: San Francisco, CA (Sleep Train Amphitheatre)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...oys-announce-new-studio-album-and-summer-tour

Haha, I was never a BB fan myself - I preferred the Spice Girls - but recently I have been listening to and am simply LOVING this particular song of theirs. It's SO good! In a retro kind of way :D

Back