The Dangerous Tour Discussion Thread

*bump*

Just found this thread. :)

You know, it's pretty interesting when you start watching all the Dangerous Tour vids/listening to all the audio available and begin to notice things.

For one, it's no wonder the poor man got throat problems on this tour. Listen to the first show in Munich audio, especially WBSS and Beat It.

He sang them both in the same key as they are on the Thriller album ... which is HIGH. You can tell he was forcing his voice to go higher than I think it wanted to, and he did those songs that high for the first few shows, too. You can tell that, along with the intense dancing, it all got a bit too much, because once he got to Rome he knocked the key of WBSS down a couple notches, and then again at the second Stockholm show (to the key it remained for the rest of the tour).

Hopefully his live voice is back up to par for the "This is It" shows, even if he does have to sing some songs in a lower key.

So people say he laryngitis on the Dangerous Tour, then he had Laryngitis on the HIStory tour as well? So it lasted 5 years.........

I think he may have had it on HIStory Tour but Dangerous Tour im not sos ure about. he didnt even sound bad on The Dangerous Tour :S He didnt sound to good on Wanna Be Startin Somethin, but before that he had just done Jam which is very energetic. Not to mention that he is also dancing all the way through Wanna Be Startin Somethin.

The interesting thing about the Dangerous Tour where Michael had serious throat problems, and the mainly lip-synced History Tour is that Michael always sang the Jackson 5 medley very well, and I'll Be There live beautifully.

The Laryngitis thing is blown wellout of proportion, It did not effect any part of Michaels tours concerning Lip Synching, anyone who claims he mimed due to Throat problems, doesn't know there stuff! Michael Lip Synched because he could and not for NO medical reason!

The Laryngitis thing is blown wellout of proportion, It did not effect any part of Michaels tours concerning Lip Synching, anyone who claims he mimed due to Throat problems, doesn't know there stuff! Michael Lip Synched because he could and not for NO medical reason!

footage/audio proves otherwise

So how you say that, cuz in my opinion its the footage and audio which proves Lip Syncing had nothing to do with Michaels medical problems

well of couse not. it wud be the other way around lol. he has been having throat problems for a while,hes said it himself.(i kno u kno that tho lol) and its evident during scream (brunei),some wbss perfomances and def some j5 medley performances where his vocals were scratchy and strained. Even during the 93perfromaces of wbss some were strained.And in the 93 mexico depo he complained about his coughing. but 2each his own

well of couse not. it wud be the other way around lol. he has been having throat problems for a while,hes said it himself.(i kno u kno that tho lol) and its evident during scream (brunei),some wbss perfomances and def some j5 medley performances where his vocals were scratchy and strained. Even during the 93perfromaces of wbss some were strained.And in the 93 mexico depo he complained about his coughing. but 2each his own

Yes I know he had throat problems but it doesn't change the fact that he lip synced, you see alot of people blame lip syncing on his medical problems but its simply not true, Michael tours were rehearsed with these songs lip synced, he performed them from start to finish of the tour without singing them live once, not once, the songs were always gonna be lip synced no matter what Michael health, Michael real problem came just before the Rome bad tour concert, he was told not to do the concert but went ahead with it.

Also another note is the last Bad Tour wembley concert, Michaels voice was horrible, he hardly sung the opening number well, but he still did the live songs live and the lip synced, mimed, its because thats the way the show was planned to be.

His throat problems came out of constant singing/rehearsing most nights, but we also have to remember the lip syncing was planned well before any throat problems. Its is just easier for Mike to lip sync, even though most the time he is actually singing along to the lip sync ha ha

Yes I know he had throat problems but it doesn't change the fact that he lip synced, you see alot of people blame lip syncing on his medical problems but its simply not true, Michael tours were rehearsed with these songs lip synced, he performed them from start to finish of the tour without singing them live once, not once, the songs were always gonna be lip synced no matter what Michael health, Michael real problem came just before the Rome bad tour concert, he was told not to do the concert but went ahead with it.

Also another note is the last Bad Tour wembley concert, Michaels voice was horrible, he hardly sung the opening number well, but he still did the live songs live and the lip synced, mimed, its because thats the way the show was planned to be.

His throat problems came out of constant singing/rehearsing most nights, but we also have to remember the lip syncing was planned well before any throat problems. Its is just easier for Mike to lip sync, even though most the time he is actually singing along to the lip sync ha ha

where can i hear the last wembley concert...please i want it so much.

This is from the final wembley show, listen to how bad his vocals are, also his voice is bad at leeds too, the next concert! I should be getting this concert in full audio in the next couple of weeks

OMG His voice is really bad here.There are some History concerts better than this WBBS performance.You can really tell that there is something in 3:11 .Poor Mike.Hope his voice is better now.

well i agree,it definately doesnt change the fact he lyp synced but maybe it was intended to be done that way because he wasnt happy with his voclas. during the history tour rehearsals he sung stranger in moscow live and sounded awesome. if i was having throat issues and i knew it was a problem and i wasnt satisfied with my vocals, my black ass would've been lyp syncin 2 lol. and thanx 4 the bad tour audi,im gonna go list now

This is from the final wembley show, listen to how bad his vocals are, also his voice is bad at leeds too, the next concert! I should be getting this concert in full audio in the next couple of weeks

i dont think he sounded that bad @ all,if this is bad ill take it any day lol

What happened on the Rome concert from Bad tour?

Of all the Bad Tour concerts that I have seen/heard, I would say that the first concert he did in Europe, which was in Rome was vocally the worst. He sounded tired, out of shape and not as powerful as he did in the later concert of the european leg, japanese leg and the american leg of the tour.

Ive loved all the Dangerous/Bad performances Ive seen, maybe alot of people are right about his vocals sounding poor, anybodies would though after so many shows?

We`re did you see/here this?? Do you have a link, please?
during the history tour rehearsals he sung stranger in moscow live and sounded awesome.

i dont think he sounded that bad @ all,if this is bad ill take it any day lol

Its bad tour, we all love it :)

But if you compare his vocals from that show to say, the night before you can hear the strain on his voice :(

And also we only have a small clip from the end of the SIM Rehearsals (I leaked that clip and there is no more) he might well have mimed the rest of the song, all we have is the end.

I just think MIchael knows he can get away with miming, plus he is a perfectionist as we all know. Michael doesn't have throat problems for 2 years running, there is no excuse to mime most you're tracklist for over 100 or so shows. Even when we got rare glimpses at these songs live it was because Michaels playback failed or because his Microphone channel was still switched up, lol thats another thing, Michael does actually sing the songs even though he is lip-syncing

Its bad tour, we all love it :)

But if you compare his vocals from that show to say, the night before you can hear the strain on his voice :(

And also we only have a small clip from the end of the SIM Rehearsals (I leaked that clip and there is no more) he might well have mimed the rest of the song, all we have is the end.

I just think MIchael knows he can get away with miming, plus he is a perfectionist as we all know. Michael doesn't have throat problems for 2 years running, there is no excuse to mime most you're tracklist for over 100 or so shows. Even when we got rare glimpses at these songs live it was because Michaels playback failed or because his Microphone channel was still switched up, lol thats another thing, Michael does actually sing the songs even though he is lip-syncing

lol ur right we all do love the bad tour. do u have the audio 4rm the previous night?

and u leaked that clip? thank u soooooooooo much lolololololololol

and yea i know hes actully singin his mic is usually turned down. i always laugh when im watchin the auckland show during thriller when he tells the guy 2 turn the mic down or during sum billi jean performances he tellin them to turn the mic up lol

We`re did you see/here this?? Do you have a link, please?

i have it on my ipod. akonmj is the original uploader of the clip hes the reaon we have it,the file is probably on my other computer id have 2look 4it. try youtube tho

i have it on my ipod. akonmj is the original uploader of the clip hes the reaon we have it,the file is probably on my other computer id have 2look 4it. try youtube tho

Thats not actually my clip sadly, the guy who uploaded it has a few Japanese bad tour clips, I do have alot of other rare bad tour clips on my channel which is: www.youtube.com/birchey3000

This is false. Michael did not lip sync the History Tour rehearsals. There are videos on youtube that proves that.

And everyone has got the facts wrong. Michael had laryngitis on the Dangerous Tour, and had to cancel several concerts due to his health. He also became addicted to pain killers because he had to take the pills to be able to sing and do the concerts.

THIS is why Michael at the end of the History Tour rehearsals decided to mime most of the songs. He did not want to go through what he went through during the Dangerous Tour.

All the concerts for the entire History Tour was mimed and sung live in the exact same manner on each of the 82 concerts, so yes Michael planned this. But the reason was because of what he endured during the Dangerous Tour.

The outfit looked so nice I really thought it was when I was a kid

Michael has many different styles and he has been changed a lot (due to the hairstyles and ages mostly), if I have to choose one favorite look of MJ, I would go with "Dangerous era MJ'.
He was so perfect!
The toaster thing was amazing I still got goose bumps whenever I looked at the scenes! It was revolutionary!

Back